The God Complex Sign Up

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
XD well good luck be to you :P

I have read these 17 rules completely

Username:
Hades
Name: Bob Thorn / Vince (Vincenzo) Drago
Mythology: Greek
God(dess) name: Hades
Waking time: Quick
Appearance:
silent-hill-animation0041wp.jpg
Personality: Hot head, get's angry easily, never forgives and never forgets, sadistic in nature, brave and reckless, but not altruistic.
History: He lost his parents at a young age, been through foster families and grew an obsession with death, therapists thought it was only because of his loss. Tragedy as been constant in his life as at the age of 18 the girl he had a crush on got raped and, like some victims, she was to scared of the aggressor to do anything, Bob took matters in his own hand and found the guy and murdered him violently sadistically for days. The police caught him and he was arrested. He toughened up while in prison and got in touch with bad people. He escaped one day along side with some mobsters and started working with them, since he really enjoyed killing and had no connections to anyone else. Since he has no connections friends or family and the family needed an "escape goat" for certain crimes, they decided to frame him (with his consent), fake his death and send him to Italy (mob had contacts in Italy, typical XD) under a fake name, Vince (Vincenzo) Drago, they gave him a house in Florence and enough money to start a new live.
Power:
1 - all his abilities drain his strength that he regains with rest and eat as normal persons;
2 - draining minerals from the underground to make bullets and weapons;
3 - re-animating corpses to serve as minions - yes (this would also include animals and fossils like a dinosaur skeleton for example);
4 - he can sacrifice his undead minions to summon demons from the underworld.
Theme song: 3 Days Grace - Ryot
Voice actor: Peter Dinklage
Other: I was thinking his wakening should take place when he kills someone with his bare hands after the awakening started (since he has done this before) he'd be extremely sadistic and violent as he tortured someone for the mob and by the end he'd remember all his past.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, first of all thanks for wanting to take part in this RP :)
But,
I would like to make sure that you have read the rules, and I know for a fact that you haven't. Trust me, you'll know why I know.
Secondly in the Character sheet I made specific mention that no one is allowed to be older than 25 years old.
I would like a little bit more of information on his past, one doesn't just become a mob enforcer there has to be something in the past that got him to that point.
Compared to the others, Hades is a little overpowered. Summoning the dead, sure no problem. Healing by taking the lives of others, not so much. First of all what they are fighting aren't humans, and secondly I fear he might not have time for his usual job once he is awakened.
But yes, he could awaken right around the time he's killing someone while in Florence, Italy, but the awakenings are violent(mentally towards the awakening god/dess), and leave the character in an incapacitated state till their awakening is over.

Like I said, I didn't yet managed to read all, and kinda did that in a rush, I had red the rules before, but forgot to mention that XD
I just read now that you wrote "for powers I would like you to list what the can do now as reborn goddesses, not what they used to stand for in the past." and I am thinking about it, I'll edit the post, about the age, it's kinda hard for me to relate to the age mainly considering what I wanted his job to be, but I'll edit it.
it will take me a day or 2 to read all I need to put things right, but I'll do it asap :)

Well most of the things said in the entirety of the OOC thread do not directly relate to what your character can or can not do within this setting. As long as you have at least read the posts with the opening, rules, character sheets, you've gotten most what you need. (and reading the posts made so far helps before taking action in the RP itself)
The setting takes place in Florence, Italy. Most are there on vacation, though a few are there more permanently. It is strongly advised to also somehow be present at that location too in a way that you feel makes sense for the character. (most are staying at the Miracle Hotel, but that definitely is not a requirement)
Once you've managed to finish editing, please notify me so I can look it over. I'll leave the dear god on reserved for about a week, if he's not finished by then I'll poke you again. :)

I'll be honest, I haven't been able to read everything yet,
I changed history, let me know if it's ok now.
I want to further discuss powers with you, I am fine doing it here, but if you prefer by PM it's fine

Alright that history I can live with. Chloe (Persephone) can't but that's her problem not mine XD

As for powers I'll leave that up to you whether you want that discussed here or elsewhere :)

we can discuss here, np, I'll take everyone's opinion into consideration.
I was thinking that it makes sense that Hades would get his powers from killing people, I thought it would make sense that would heal his wounds or give him stamina boost or something.
Also he should control underworld beings, he could summon small imps at first and have to kill lots of people to gather enough power to summon big beasts like his ultimate weapon Cerberus.
also, being a past mobster he would have a huge arsenal of gun like weapons in his possession I thought he could drain minerals from the underworld to create extra bullets
using his powers would always require sacrifice by killing people

Problem is, no one can defeat the upcoming threats (individual threats, not the full mob) on their own. So that is why I mean he's overpowered.
The Ultimates (as the threat is called (Yay I finally revealed their secret name!)) are incredibly strong. So strong in fact that it is a must to team up in order to defeat even a single one of them.
Aside from that, I can't have it that huge bunches of normal citizens are killed off just so one guy gets more power. That makes him a bad guy by crude definition.
Get my problem?

Bringing forth the dead and undead(sorta) I can definitely allow. Using minerals for bullets, or whatever other uses he might need, awesome, but his strength will have to come from training, not from killing innocent bystanders.

but you agree that it would make sense for Hades to have his powers work that away?
I'll think about this and come up with something :)
also he can be part of the team and a bad guy, everyone would hate him, but keep him around because he's useful
OR
He could not be bad and avoid using his powers so he doesn't have to kill

I do not agree to having his powers be fueled by sacrifices.

I agree to raising the dead, not becoming stronger by creating more deaths.

The way I see it is you are trying to make your character Hades. He isn't Hades, he is the reincarnation. Take Lukas (Loki) for example. He does not have Loki's power, height; nothing. He is just a normal boy with some traits that are like Loki's.

Or Chloe. She isn't Persephone. She has some powers and such, a kind personality too, but she does not have the imense power and influence her past life had.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, that sounds like quite an apt description XD

I was actually wondering if someone could help me out. I'm trying to post for Lukas and nothing is working for me. All I know is I want him and his mother to be on a trip of Italy together. Does anyone have any ideas? I either want them at the hotel or landing (plane) and then getting them to the hotel.

Well Chloe had been at the airport and brought to the hotel by bus, maybe Lukas and his mother got a bus later? Or earlier.

Ok, let's compromise then:
1 - all his abilities drain his strength that he regains with rest and eat as normal persons;
2 - draining minerals from the underground to make bullets and weapons;
3 - re-animating corpses to serve as minions - yes (this would also include animals and fossils like a a dinosaur skeleton for example);
4 - he can sacrifice his undead minions to summon demons from the underworld, the more he sacrifices the more powerful demon he can summon, the top of the iceberg would be Cerberus
cerberus_by_psyduck_mcgee-d6h687u.jpg

but most times he can only summon small imps about 3 feet tall
tumblr_m61adtWctw1rvefyco1_1280.jpg

tell me if you agree with that please :)

Alright, that it can agree with. Just make sure he doesn't start summoning dinosaurs right at the start XD

just to be sure I understand, the only topic so far about this RP is this, the thread to RP has not yet been created, right?

The way I see it is you are trying to make your character Hades. He isn't Hades, he is the reincarnation. Take Lukas (Loki) for example. He does not have Loki's power, height; nothing. He is just a normal boy with some traits that are like Loki's.

Or Chloe. She isn't Persephone. She has some powers and such, a kind personality too, but she does not have the imense power and influence her past life had.

Hope that helps.
My character is Hades, just in a human body without memories and dormant powers, that's why they have powers, the powers are associated with the deities they are. Otherwise they wouldn't have powers at all, which would also make an interesting RP, but if we are gonna have powers the only way for it to make sense if for the power to be related with the deities they are, other wise I could make Zeus with fire powers which wouldn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.