The God Complex Sign Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
My character is Hades, just in a human body without memories and dormant powers, that's why they have powers, the powers are associated with the deities they are. Otherwise they wouldn't have powers at all, which would also make an interesting RP, but if we are gonna have powers the only way for it to make sense if for the power to be related with the deities they are, other wise I could make Zeus with fire powers which wouldn't make sense.
Uh... I'm just saying your character isn't Hades. He's a dude. A normal, plain dude. I'm not saying he can't have powers that aren't similar to what Hades was capable of, just that they can't be all powerful and right from the start super intense. It was just a comment, not a critique. If you read the other characters, you see we do the same. Make normal people with either small talents that hint to what they might be, or later having minor powers of their god(dess) when awakened.

It is similar to what Puck said yes, they aren't the actual gods using a mortal body. It is a mortal body with the soul, memories, and subdued powers of a god(dess)
The gods of the past died.
Because of reasons you will find out within the RP they were reincarnated.
Not as gods, as mortals. The reason for that will be explained as well. (but not now due to spoilers)
As mortals they lived. And as mortals they receive a smidgen of their previous powers, but that still doesn't make them gods.

Yes I could say Chloe is Persephone, but in a sense, she isn't. It's a fine line of is or isn't, and it's a delicate balance that can easily be crossed.
They are reincarnated. That's kind of the tricky part.

As long as things don't go over powered, then it is alright for me.

Uh... I'm just saying your character isn't Hades. He's a dude. A normal, plain dude. I'm not saying he can't have powers that aren't similar to what Hades was capable of, just that they can't be all powerful and right from the start super intense. It was just a comment, not a critique. If you read the other characters, you see we do the same. Make normal people with either small talents that hint to what they might be, or later having minor powers of their god(dess) when awakened.
I'd like to first of all apologise if I sounded arrogant or something, it was not my intention.
And about the powers, I was describing all he'd be capable off down the road, not what he'd start being able to do, I was planing that he'd be so weak at start that he'd think he had no powers anymore XD
About who they are, if they are reincarnated they are the gods, they lack the powers and memories and physical features, but I believe what we are who we are and not just a product of that we are exposed to, so hades would like to and loki would like to lie and so on, even before they had memories, makes sense?

No, actually, I'm sorry but it doesn't. Could you explain it differently? Cause Lukas (Loki) has no clue, not even a small inkly, that he might be greater.

Before the awakening the gods have absolutely no idea bout their previous life. Not one slightest bit.
By 'chance' they could have tiny traits of their old self, but it isn't a requirement.
Heck I've done this RP once before, and someone made Thor a peace loving woman, total hippie. Hilarious!
After awakening they gain a connection with their former life and through that obtain a bit of their power. But as humans they can not channel their full power, which is why it's subdued, strongly.
The previous personality could take more form in a sense, but that isn't a necessity either.

I don't want to sound pushy or anything, I am not trying to impose my ideas here, this is your RP and what you say goes.
However I just would like to point out that it makes sense, at least from my perspective in re-incarnation, that if the soul is the same, despite of having no memories or powers, then some personality traits would remain, other wise people wouldn't really be who they are but rather a product of their life experiences. But this actually matter for a physiological debate as some philosophers say just that, that no one is actually it's own person but rather a product of their experiences, while others claim that 2 different person if exposed to the same situations their whole like could have different reactions.
I believe the second opinion, but that's just me, I may be wrong.

The souls of the gods brought back to life would indeed bring certain traits. how much depends on what the player choses in this case. But the way their lives were lived before waking up also affects their choices in this day. So it's a bit in between. They have their old self, and what new experiences they have.

Hey, I was reading: http://www.historyrocket.com/Ancien...gy/greek-god/hades/What-Are-Hades-Powers.html
And there's a part that says all the underworld metals and minerals belong to him, which gives me an idea for a power, he could make metal and stone sink in the underworld.
For example someone points a gun at him, an unstoppable force pushes the gun down and it is absorbed in the ground... not unstoppable but as strong has my char himself.
Would you agree with adding that power? maybe replacing for the one that says he can drain metal and minerals, if you think that I am overpowering here...

As interesting as it sounds, adding more powers won't do, and the force that is out to get them doesn't use guns. So I'll say no to that at this point.

NP, just wondering.
And I know that the main enemy is the force out to get them, but I was imagining that while running away from it they trespass places and having to deal with human law forces.
But if you think that power is too much or not necessary that's fine.

Also can I create a second char - Thor?

Making multiple characters is allowed
BUT
Thor will not have access to Mjölnir.

I have read these 17 rules completely

Username:
Hades
Name: Radburn (Rad) Walker
Mythology: Norse
God(dess) name: Thor
Waking time: Normal
Appearance:
Ronon_by_Talthalra.jpg
Personality: He loves to party, meet new people and have fun. He very relaxed and careless and not attached to material or wealth. He loves to fall in love and is afraid of lasting relations.
He was always an average person who was friends with everyone, he was always eager to travel the world.
Also he has a strong sense of justice and likes to help people in need and has a childish love for fighting.
When he reached age of 18 he went on a personal journey, to travel the world with out a penny, making friends, getting some money from favours or short term work to survive and travel, he wanted to visit every country in the world and do 5 things:
1 - Help someone in need;
2 - Fall in love and make love to a local girl;
3 - Have feast with some local dish;
4 - Get drunk with a local beverage;
5 - Get in a fist fight with a local.
Power: If he he get's extremely enraged a storm may start, this will not help him at all, but happens.
Other than that he relies on the thousands of years of combat training he had in the past.
After the awakening starts he'll have all those fighting skills by instinct without remembering ever fighting so well.
Theme song: Seether - Broken
Voice actor: Jason Mamoa
Other: can't think of anything else ATM

Alright, I can definitely live with a Thor like this :)
Let's see how Thor and Loki would react in the RP XD this might be interesting hehehe

Username: puck2robins.ashes
Name: Jacques Bouvier
Mythology: Greek
God(dess) name: Poseidon, God of the Sea
Waking time: Average
Appearance: Jacques has shoulder length blonde hair that he normally ties back in a ponytail (styled like this). He has grey-blue eyes that are very expressive while also very calming, like the ocean before a storm (color). His eyes are a roundish-almond shape and are normally always smiling at every person he meets. He has a heart shaped face and enjoys wearing comfortable clothing, mostly due to his travelling, light hearted nature. However, he also tends to adapt to the culture in which he stays in for a period of time. He stands at about 5'8" and hovers between being skinny and lean, due to the fact that he doesn't always eat properly like he should. Most of the time he carries around a worn, old sack which he keeps a few of his belongings in. Due to all his travelling in Spain and now in Italy, he has a rather tan complexion, but nothing too dark due to his French origins.
Personality: As a child, Jacques was very quiet. He kept to himself and didn't say much. However he was a sweet and gentle child. As he grew up, that part of him never changed. When he entered senior high, though, he began to become more carefree and joyous. He talked more and socialized with others, even if he wasn't liked that much. Jacques follows a motto of "treat others how you would want to be treated". Even if someone treated him badly, laughed or made fun of him, he merely brushed it off with his own laugh. He has a light sense of humor and generally has an upbeat sort of lifestyle. However, just like everyone, he has a trigger. He doesn't like when people are harmed for no reason and gets very cold. He becomes almost a cruel and extremely defensive person. Overall, Jacques is generally a happy and calm person.
History: Born and raised in Gordes, France, Jacques never travelled the world. Most of his young years were spent living peacefully with his mother and father in their cottage. He attended school as a normal child did, but once he entered senior high, his life started to begin. As a child, he found he had a knack for talking with sea life. At first it was his pet goldfish who had spent two years with him; afterwards it was his hermit crab. Anything that had origin from the sea, Jacques found that he could speak with them. Though he never told his parents or any of his friends, no matter how cool of a talent he thought it was he knew it wouldn't be looked highly upon. Senior high changed all that, though. After living so long in France, Jacques knew that he had to travel the world. He had never seen any large body of water, no incredible desserts or immense forests. At the age of 15 he dropped out of high school and told his parents he wanted to travel. Both of them hadn't found it wise, but nevertheless agreed to it as long as Jacques kept in touch wherever he went, someway, somehow. From then on he travelled around France for a bit before catching a boat ride to Spain from Marseille. He spent a year and half there, just travelling around and learning about the country and language. Afterwards he made his way to Portugal. He spent a lot of his time down south before heading back through France to visit around Switzerland. Not really having a place of employment, or much of anything to call his own, Jacques dubbed himself a nomad for his wandering habits. After much traveling, he stopped home for a year, and now has decided to travel around Italy.
Power: Poseidon was the God of the Sea, created horses, and could create natural disasters such as hurricanes and earthquakes with his triadent. Jacques, on the other hand, can't. Jacques has the talent to speak with sea life. Currently, he only can speak with fish and other small marine animals since that's all he's been exposed to. Later on, he will gain more of an ability to speak with marine life and even horses. He can also breathe underwater, but not for long (ten minutes at most) and anything longer can cause his lungs to have extreme damage, but this is also a later power. I have read these 17 rules completely.
Theme song: Best Day Of My Life - American Authors
Voice actor: Orlando Bloom - Legolas/Will Turner (Just imagine, ladies and gentlemen, this man with a French accent. Then BAM, you have Jacques)
Other: Jacques speaks both French and English, though his English can be a bit... Off. He also speaks Spanish and Portuguese, but not fluently as he does French and English. Jacques is also Buddhist and believes both in reincarnation and Karma, two major Buddhist beliefs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm liking it so far Puck ^-^

Thank you. Oh, I finally got a post for Lukas up. It wasn't much, I apologize, and I didn't have him do anything. Just kinda put him to sleep due to jet lag.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw it, and it was perfectly justified ^-^ Chloe'll likely drop down on the bed once she's checked in too.

zomg, Keith Harkin! (the image of Jacques's hair) Sorry XD Totally a Celtic Thunder fan here

And other than that he's awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.