Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
magical, romance, adventure, action, vampire, mythical, heroic, apocalyptic, historical, pirates, superhero, damsel-in-distress
BannerMythology_zps56b25571.png

Long ago all kinds of gods and goddesses ruled in their respective areas and eras. Worshiped, hated, loved and feared they were. But their eras came to an end, and they died eventually.
Hundreds upon thousands of years later (depending on what age they used to live in) they were reborn into the bodies of ordinary humans, in the 21st century. They lived and breathed, were raised and experienced life as any other human that lived by their side, never knowing they were special.

Unbeknownst to them they are soon to wake up from their peaceful lives. This has a cause, a reason that they could never have anticipated. The gods they once were friends or foes with are starting to vanish, for good. As long as they don't remember their past life, all is well. It's once they awaken, that is when the 'fun' starts.

(No currently active religions. Meaning no characters such as Buddha, Jesus, Mohammed, Amaterasu, etc. Only dead mythologies.)

Rules_zps69fa9486.png

When participating in this roleplay I (Olissa) ask of you to:
-Follow the rules set forth by this forum.
-Post more than one line. Even with the occasional writers' block, try and give your fellow roleplayers more to work with than one or two lines.
-If you've hit a severe writers' block, mention it to us so we know why you might not be posting.
-Be aware of your grammar, spelling and overall if your post makes sense. I do not expect perfection, but do expect you to catch most of the errors.
-Do not barge into something, unless it actually makes sense to do so
-Do not decide what will happen to another person's character(s). I on occasion might seem like I'm doing that for the sake of this story, but be aware, that is always agreed upon or notified about via PM.
-Do not make it impossible for your character(s) to get a beating or to make mistakes. Mistakes and mishaps are part of the fun of being alive. The gods and goddesses' powers will be strongly subdued, and during battles this means remaining unscathed is impossible. They may be gods, but they are still humans too.
-Know that I, Olissa, will be the ones that initiate the Awakenings per person in a time where it is fit, based upon the preferences given by you in the character sheets. You will be notified over PM when it'll happen exactly, but I will be the one to post exactly when the Awakening is initiated. From that point on you can take it up as you desire. This is not to cramp your style, this is so all Awakenings don't happen on a whim or right after each other.
-Make sure to check if there are similar gods to the ones you wish to bring to life. I will not allow more than 2 of each kind. (Water, love, death, etc)
-Know that even though in many mythologies there were a few that had issues in keeping their pants on, we want you to make sure you abide to site rules when dealing with such a character. This also includes gods who have a history in raping.
-For the fun of it, post "I have read these 17 rules completely." somewhere in your character post, in a place where it will not be too noticeable once posted.
-Try to avoid vanishing for a long period of time without mentioning it either here, in OOC, or via PM to me. We will try and wait for your characters to move, but if you are unresponsive for over a week we will skip you.
-Not use unnecessary abbreviations, or txt-style writing. (eg: W8! Thnx.)
-Please write in third person, and in past tense only.
-Be aware that I hold the right to adjust any of the rules set forth for this role-play.
-Keep gender-bending to a minimum. Though it's allowed, it wouldn't be fun if everyone did it.
-Have fun

Last edited:
Characters_zpsc372741b.png
Username:
Name:
(This will be a 'normal' name. Your character will not have the name of the god(dess) they are reborn from; at least not before they have Awakened.)
Gender: (It is advised, but not necessary, to keep the gender the same as the god(dess) they once were.)
Mythology: (Which mythology is your character taken from? I.e Norse, Greek, Roman.)
God(dess) name: (The name of the God(dess) from which your character is reborn.)
Waking time: (About how long would you like it to take before your character's memories of their past life will be awoken? I.e "Slow", "Quick" or "Average".)
Appearance: (Both picture(s) as description is good.)
Personality:
History:
(A summary of what has happened to your character since he/she was reborn as a human.)
Power: (Stay true to the powers that the god(dess) originally had. As humans the powers however will be significantly weaker, so please list and limit what they can or can't do.)
Theme song: (Is there a song or melody that would describe your character well?)
Voice actor: (What does the character's voice sound like? This is mandatory. Look up a video or a name.)
Other:

Accepted_zps66864a2f.png
Greek Mythology
Persephone - Extreme Slow - [spoili]
Name: Chloe Thantus
Waking time: Very slow
Biography link[/spoili] - Olissa
Athena - Slow - [spoili]
Name: Ayla Patel
Waking time: Slow
Biography link[/spoili] - Style^_^
Aphrodite - Slower than Average [spoili]
Name: Alegra Monroe
Waking time: Slightly slower than average
Biography link[/spoili] - Hatsune Candy
Alcyone - Average - [spoili]
Name: Raye Elise Hodges
Waking time: Average
Biography link[/spoili] - LittleRedPanda
Eris - Average - [spoili]
Name: Fawn Walloway Brinsby
Biograhy link[/spoili] - Vio
| HIATUS
Poseidon - Average -[spoili]
Name: Jacques Bouvier
Biography link[/spoili] - puck2robins.ashes
Despoina - Extreme Quick [spoili]
Name: Felicita Aros
Waking time: Extreme Quick
Biography link[/spoili] - Olissa

Norse Mythology
Loki - Slow -[spoili]
Name: Lukas Ankerson
Forseti - Quicker than Average - [spoili]
Name: William Gladwell
Waking time: Slightly quicker than average
[/spoili] - Psychedelic

Egyptian Mythology
Nephthys - Slow - [spoili]
Name: Soren Jo Osmond
Biography link[/spoili] - LittleRedPanda
Bast - N/A[/spoili]
By WitchesRayvyn [/spoili] - Reserved

Roman Mythology
Janus - Average - [spoili]
Name: Alexander Romanello

Assyrian/Babylonian Mythology
Ishtar - N/A[spoili]
By Olissa [/spoili] - Reserved

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Awesome, can't wait to see what you come up with :)

*if you can't make a character now, but still want to participate as a certain god/dess, just set it on reserve
I won't hold the reserve forever, but I'll keep it for at least a week to give you apt time :)

Last edited:
I've not got anyone in mind just yet...I'll get researching and give you a name. Also, whoever has Eris is going to confuse the hell out of me. That happens to be my name.

Would it be helpful if I went for a male character? I'm stuck between two and I need some help deciding xD

You're more than welcome to have multiple characters. And yes, I know that probably isn't helping your cause much, which god/desses do you have in mind?
As for Eris, yeah I can understand the confusion, luckily the characters themselves won't bare their god name haha.

As much as I'd like to multi-task, I've not done a group roleplay in some time, so I'll stick to the one. I'm between Nanna and Forseti.

I would think that Forseti would be an interesting addition if you can make that fit into a human character, but it's up to you.

You are more than welcome to play multiples, even of the same mythology. But I'll definitely list Nephthys for you then :)

I'm working on the profiles, but would you reserve Janus the Roman God for me?

Also, should we post the profiles here? And descriptions are just as good as pictures?

Let me know if anything needs changing.

Username:
Psychedelic
Name: William Gladwell
Mythology: Norse
God(dess) name: Forseti
Waking time: Slightly quicker than average
Appearance: He's big and tall. William was always a lanky boy, and although he filled out as he grew up, he still tends to stick out like a sore thumb, standing at 6' 3. He is in reasonable shape, though could hardly be considered muscular. He maintains an unkempt appearance, usually stubbled or bearded, while his dirty blonde hair grows how it will, until he eventually gets annoyed with it, at which point he hacks some off. His eyes are blue, his clothes usually consisting of jeans and a t-shirt or checked shirt.
Personality: Easy going and unambitious, William is one of those people that almost everyone gets on with. Of course, his laid back attitude to life does sometimes irk others, as well as get him into trouble. He is quite a decent person, although he isn't exactly altruistic - preferring to do nothing if it isn't something too important. The only thing that really gets him worked up is if anyone insults his family, though even then he simply offers a few smart remarks.
History: Born in the highlands of Scotland, the Gladwell's soon moved south of the border when Mr. Gladwell was offered a better job down in London. I have read these 17 rules completely. The boy grew up here, attending a school at which he was well liked but did not perform well in the academic subjects. Despite constant punishments, he never got any better, and eventually quit school at 16. He now works for TFL, as a trainee engineer on the tube. He likes this work, and is probably responsible for alot of delays. Unfortunately, despite a fairly good up bringing, he has struggled with depression for some years.
Power: Calming influence. A subtle manipulation of the mind allows him to diffuse some situations. If he gets his axe back, or a similar object with meaning, this might emit a bit of light.
Theme song: We Ride Together - Turisas
Voice actor: Jonny Lee Miller (sort of plucked out of thin air)
Other: Cats are awesome!

@puck2robins.ashes got it, Loki was already on reserve, but I'll add the roman god as well.

As for the profiles, yes, please post them here. Once they're accepted (and I'm at a laptop or PC) I'll add the character to the second post.
And you're welcome to use a picture, or write it out, or use both if that has your preference.

@Psychedelic the character is good, I'll be looking forward to seeing him in the roleplay.
The gods won't obtain their original weapons because, for example with Thor, the weapon itself harnesses too much power to be considered subdued. They can however obtain a new weapon if they used to have one, it just'll have a little less power than the original.

Bwahahaha oh that would be so funny and almost anticlimactic. *pulls out a letter opener mid battle* EN GUARDE! *shimmer and shines*

Username: LittleRedPanda

Name: Soren Jo Osmond

Mythology: Egyptian

God(dess) name: Nephthys

Appearance:
b02887148693d3ce81e4bb6f052e2ab9.jpg

(Minus the face tattoos. Has a large tattoo of bird wings across the back of her shoulders 5'2")

Personality: Dark sense of humor, sarcastic, yet nice, if not slightly strange

History: As a human, Soren was raised in a fairly broken home. Her father was sent to prison for killing a family while driving drunk when she was 10. Her mother suffered heavily from depression and schizophrenia and went downhill fast after her husband's conviction. Soren basically raised herself. She was a fairly quiet and strange child and liked to keep to herself. Now she lives by herself in a small apartment in the downtown area where she runs an active blog and radio show.

Power: Nephthys was the goddess of mourning and lamentation, sleep, rivers, the night, service, and the home, a friend and protector of the dead. I have just read these 17 rules completely. She was a priestess. In some ancient Egyptian temple theologies and cosmologies she was known as the "Useful Goddess" or the "Excellent Goddess". These late Ancient Egyptian temple texts describe a goddess who represented divine assistance and protective guardianship. She is often depicted as an Egyptian Hawk. Her primary job was to guide the dead through the various levels of the Duat (underworld) with spells. She is night.

She is able to talk to, summon, and see the dead. She can't fully fly yet in her weakened state but occasionally, if she gets mad enough, she can hover. She is able to put people to sleep, though it is difficult and tires her out quickly. Very rarely she can open a rift to the Duat, though she can't control what gets out or in when this happens. As the representation of dusk she can use a sort of mist/night veil. She can cover a persons eyes with this to temporarily blind them or protect herself from light in a dire situation, though this is EXTREMELY draining and can knock her out or leave her very weak for several hours. However, also as the representation of darkness she is very weak to light blinding powers. These, blinding to normal people, sear her skin.

Theme song: www.youtube.com/watch?v=owFulRTR1Sc

Voice actor: Tara Strong as Raven in Teen Titans
Other:

-------

Username: LittleRedPanda
Name: Raye Elise Hodges
Mythology: Greek
God(dess) name: Alcyone
Appearance:
138640.jpg

(Her eyes are the color of the sea on a calm, clear day. 4'11")
Personality: Sweet and calm for the most part. However she is known to be emotional. Sometimes she randomly screams "I have just read these 17 rules completely!"
History: Raye grew up as a relatively normal child. She had loving parents and an unremarkable life. Her parents owned a small book shop that fueled her love of reading.
Power: Alcyone is the goddess of the sea, the moon, calm, and tranquility.

She is able to project feelings of calm onto other people. Occasionally this calmness can pass to a state of euphoria that leaves the person unable to do much but smile and laugh. She can control the sea in small portions. She can shimmer like the moon, becoming bright enough to blind someone.

Theme song: N/A
Voice actor: Eden Riegel as Yuna in Stitch!
Other:

Last edited by a moderator:
They're mostly good.
The thing is, for powers I would like you to list what the can do now as reborn goddesses, not what they used to stand for in the past. If you can change that, then I'll add them both to the listing

Status
Not open for further replies.