The Glade {Maze Runner}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Max shrugged, hands in his pockets. "Not yet... You?" He sighed. He tended to try to forget it all: the walls, the maze, the constant freebies arriving... It was all so depressing, and it killed him deep down to think about it. "Yeah... Prolly."

Charlie let a small, rare smile grace his features. Joy was spreading through his body as he received the spaghetti. He immediately went to go sit down once he got his food. Picking a random table, he placed his food down before sitting down himself. Quickly, he began to eat. It was delicious, of course. Ashlynn was an amazing cook, after all.

"I have, but I don't even know her name." she yawned and stretched. "What is she gonna be? I'm saying a Track-hoe."

"Yeah only saw the newbie though, Parker stole her before any of us had the chance to talk to her" Ayra said. She smiled when she saw Ashlynn bring out a huge pot full of spaghetti, her hungry unbearable. "Thanks" she said and smiled slightly at Cole when he sat the plate infront of her. She took a bite and made a content sound, "Mhm that totally tops the day off" she said laughing. She looked up at Cole, "so tomorrow I'm probably going to check out the sign on my run".

Parker

Parker's stomach growled again, begging for food. Every inch of his body wanted to march on down to the dining room and grab some grub but he decided against it. He hadn't really got to talk with Adelaide a lot today, and after that stupid accident he wasn't going to just let that be his last impression for the day. "Yeah I mean I guess you could call this better. I'm not very mobile but I'll help you look for the Greenie." Looking around the Glade Parker thought the only reasonable place she could have gone is the DeadWoods. It was probably the best way to be alone, with just you and your thoughts. "Have you checked the deadwoods yet? That's like the number one spot most people go on their first day..."

Ashlynn

Ashlynn finished passing out food to everyone, and made a couple extra plates in case people came running in late. Looking for a place to sit, she sat next to Arya. "Today has been such a struggle. First the Greenie came, so we were super behind on cooking, and then the entire kitchen staff decided to bail on me." Ashlynn didn't realize how hungry she was until she started to dive into her food. This wasn't her best work, the noodles were kind of chewy and the sause was a bit watery, but it was good for it just being her. She took a bite out of her Garlic bread, and cringed. This was worse than she thought. Instead of eating it she just tossed the bread to the other side of the room. "If only i could make bread and NOT burn it. Then that would be good. So how have your guy's day been? Meet the Greenie yet?"

Ayra smiled as Ashlynn sat down then frowned when she heard about the staff. "Why would they do that to you?" She said. "And I guess not really, the Greenie has been hiding from everyone". She noticed Ashlynn's cringe at her food, "It's not that bad, actually it's pretty good" Ayra said eating another bite and smiling widely. Then she took the garlic bread, "It may not be edible but it's a good weapon" she said and chucked the piece across the room hitting a Trackhoe in the back of the head. They protested angrily and Ayra laughed, "See?"

Jen walked inside and got a plate of food, then sat with Arya, Ashlynn and Cole. "Hey Ashlynn. Great food!" she smiled. She was starving, running all day does take a toll on your body.

He saw that guy... Charlie sitting close to them, but not really next to them. He never really talked to him, so he just limited to wish him a happy meal. Cole focused in Arya afterwards. It was funny how everyone, including himself, was crazy about the Greenie at first. Specially if it was a girl, the boys had a slightly more difficult time sometimes and were bullied a little.
Ashlynn sat near later and Cole was finally able to swallow the big amount he had put in his mouth. "This food is just perfect" he sincerily told her. Maybe it wasn't really good and it was the hunger talking, but it did taste perfect to him. "I met her just right after she came out the box, so I have no idea what did she do the whole day. Seems like a nice girl, though. "
Cole laughed at Arya throwing the piece of bread away. "Hey, don't start a food war while I'm still hungry." complained joking, while he kept eating.

Last edited:
Ashlynn

Ashlynn started to run her mouth about her fellow cooks. "I don't know it's like they make me work all day preparing this food and then they are just going to stroll on in and eat it? Like that's just cold, like their food is going to be if they don't here soon." She started to snicker at the joke she made. She thought about this a lot though. If they didn't apply themselves very much while she did, why wasn't she the keeper? 'I got to talk to someone about that' she thought as she took another bite of her spaghetti. After hearing Ayra's compliment she couldn't help but laugh. "If they make such good weapons, why don't we just leave them outside the maze overnight? Then the grievers might die of food poisoning and we can run free"

Ayra smiled at Jen, "Hey" she said before turning to Cole, she stuck her tongue out at him, "I can throw food if I want too slinthead" she said giggling. With that she took another piece and hurled it at a girl who was a bagger she turned and gave Ayra the death stare who was having a laughing fit. "You have to make more of this Ashlynn I'm having so much fun!" She said still laughing. "We can even make a new job out of this!" She exclaimed her stomach hurting from laughing so much. "These things would definitley leave the grievers jacked."

Jen laughed. "Yes, it's a perfect master plan. Speaking of Grievers, one of them almost got me today. Good thing I can run, or else that bastard would've caught me. You should give me more of this garlic bread, i'll feed it to them." she grinned.

"Awww, the little girl who shows her tongue still plays with her food." told Arya with a tone as if she really were a little girl. He chuckled when he immagined them throwing bread at the grievers. "I really don't think that it would be smart to create weapons that I can eat..." He frowned when he realized that he had finished his plate... that was faster than expected.

Adelaide heard Parker's stomach growl, and she shook her head with a small smile. "Parker... I know you wanna help, but you should go eat. I can tell you're hungry, and you've had a long day.. I'm sure I'll find her soon; she couldn't have gone too far.." she stated, with little confidence. She really wanted to spend time with Parker, but she was also easily worried, and wanted to make sure he got food; he definitely deserved it, after today. She shook her head. "No, I haven't.. I'll go there next, though. You can come with, but if she isn't there, I want you to go get your food anyway, alright?" she asked. Personally, she could care less if she missed dinner. She was a light eater, and it didn't take much to keep her going. However, she knew Parker, like most of the others, required food on a more regular basis to stay energetic.

Max shrugged. "Dunno yet... Haven't seen 'er to guess," he mused. Though, when Jen went inside, he sighed and followed quietly. Whistling, he went up to get a plate, before going and sitting down to eat, alone. Typically, he didn't socialize much, and when he did? It was when others started speaking to him, first.

"What?! A Greiver in daytime? What the hell was it doing out in the daytime? They're rarely ever out in the sunlight!" Arya said frowning but she got distracted and turned to Cole "What are you going to do about it shuck face?" She said sticking her tongue out at him again.

He had already heard about Jen but wasn't really worried, he knew she wouldn't have any problem out there in the maze.
"Don't worry about Jen, otherwise than you, she's a great runner." joked with a funny smile. "What will I do?" asked and took a garlic bread. He stuck half of it on her mouth, making her tongue get back inside and laughed. He used the other half to throw it at Max.
"Shank! Stop being such an antisocial and join the fun!" said, inviting him to have dinner with them.

"It was weird." Jen frowned. "You get anything today?" she was referring to the maze and its endless twist and turns.

(Gtg goodnight.)

Ayra sputtered the breadstick out of her mouth, "Cole!! I'm going to kill you!" She said and flicked a spatter of spaghetti at him hitting him square in the chest. She burst out laughing and smirked at him. "Um Cole it seems that you got something on your shirt" she said giggling uncontrollably.

Max rolled his eyes and grinned, snatching the bread out of the air before it could hit him. Oh, the pluses to fast reflexes.. Regardless, he waved Cole off with a playful grin. "Nahhh... I'd rather dine alone than eat with you shanks!" he jested with a laugh, going to sit with the group despite. "Don't suppose you shuck-faces 'ave found a way outta this hell-hole yet, 'aye?" he questioned the runners of the group with a hopeless smile.

He looked at Arya with a crooked smile while she told him that she would kill him. After it, she threw a bunch of her spaghetti at his shirt. He laughed with her, not really caring about it, but he though that it would probably be a huge thing to a girl.
"Oh, thank you so much, I was still hungry" told her, grabbing one of the spaghetti from her shirt and eating it. He left the others at his shirt and focused on Max.
"Next time, you let the bread hit you, ok? You make me look bad in front of the ladies." joked, seeing that he had the bread on his hand. "Be patient, Maxy, we will soon."

Parker

"What me? Hungry? oh never! I'm so NOT hungry that I probably won't eat breakfast tomorrow. And how can I eat after butchering animals all day?" Parker kept on rambling but the truth was, he actually loved his job. It was the only job where your got little to no visitors when you were working, and you just have your thoughts. It was almost like the perfect escape for Glade life. "Fine I'll go back in eat after we check up here" Parker started to lead Adelaide towards the deadwoods, and when they got their he swore he could see a shadow off in the distance. "I think I see someone, lets check it out."

Ashlynn

Ashlynn looked at the mini food fight that was going on inside the dining hall and sighed. Sure they were having fun but she was going to have to clean it all up when it was done. Ashlynn looked over at Cole's plate, seeing that it was basically spotless and said "If you want some more food you can have some. Just take one of the plates on the counter"

Status
Not open for further replies.