The Glade {Maze Runner}

Status
Not open for further replies.
(( @Zaira Okay, thanks for letting us know! I hope you have a good trip!))

Breanne saw Charlie heading towards the Medcenter, with someone in his arms. It wasn't until they neared that she recognized who the other male was: Dutch. She propped the door open, and then went back to the room with all the beds, making space for Dutch. She decided to let Kyle figure out what happened, and just prepare for the worst. The way Dutch was yelling worried her, and the fact that Charlie had to carry him wasn't a good sign either.Once she finished setting up her workspace she went to Kyle's office to retrieve Dutch's file. When she returned she motioned for Charlie to set Dutch down on the bed as she pulled on her rubber gloves. After sweeping her bangs out of her face she stepped up the bed, wondering if it was Dutch who had screamed. It was unlikely, because the shout had sounded very feminine. But, you never knew. Sometimes males sound like females when they shriek.

(( @Kitsune @Mocksou @Sashakiki ))

Last edited:
Charlie shook his head at Kyle's question. "We were just talking and then he.....fell." The brunet didn't know how to explain it. There wasn't anything to explain, really. As all of the Medjacks went around frantically, Charlie stood in the middle of it all, feeling useless and feeling angry that he felt useless. When Brea motioned for him to set Dutch down, he did it as gently as he could. Straightening up afterwards, he hoped that the teen would be alright. He glanced around at the other Medjacks, Kyle, and Brea. His eyes were full of hope. The teen wasn't sure he could bury the body of a person he watched die. If Dutch died, of course. But he won't, he thought determinedly.

(Hey guys sorry my alerts weren't working, is there any room for a bigger part for my character?)

While the med jacks where still trying to figure out what happened Dutche's hand reaches up and grips Brea's shoulder. Dutches body starts gasping and coughing in a raspy tone until he settles down once again. Back in his mind he wonders if this was a dream or reality. His train of thought is randomly cut off. Still his heavy breathing continues

Kyle nodded, making mental notes. He saw Dutch grab onto Brea and took a deep breath. If he had fallen he could have a number of things like broken bones or a concussion. The fact that he was having trouble staying awake wasn't good. He walked over to where Dutch was and knelt down next to him. "Dutch, can you hear me?" He asked

Dragomira paled visibly when Dutch fell, and didn't move for a bit, as though she were stuck in place. It all seemed to go by in slow motion, till she heard Charlie talking to her again. "H-huh? Oh, yeah, of course.." she replied, automatically following right at his side. She couldn't just let the boy vanish, unsure if he'd see him alive again, whether or not she knew him. She felt an urge to stay by him. "Do you... Do you think he'll be alright?" she asked Charlie, quietly.

Reactions: Sanyi Farniniom
(It's ok ^^ me too ;-;)
@Zaira

"Cole! You have to go! Don't you think one dying is better than two?" Her heart felt heavy, and the pain in her ankle had just increased. "You can't bring me back, it would take too long and the doors would close..." she was on the verge of tears. She didn't want to be responsible for an innocent death...

Turning to face Dragomira, he stared at her before glancing back at Dutch. Shrugging his shoulder, Charlie responded, "I don't know. We'll just have to hope for the best." The brunet scooted back so the other Medjacks could crowd around Dutch and check him. He stood in a corner, arms crossed. His eyes tracked all of the Medjacks' movements.

• Thank You
As if a ghost Dutch whisperd "ye...ah. I he..ar you.." Gripping his stomach and throut "I'm quite damn .... Thirsty could.." He was interrupted by demonic coughing he fell back down awake and calmer but then he teard up in his eyes and yelled "kill me!" As he saw his arm gaining intense pain. Not knowing how to react he ripped the rock from his shoulder."Fff..."Dutch prefferd not to use any swear worse than damn. He fell back eyes wide and just sat breathing calmly.

(( @Mocksou is it safe for me to assume Dutch was stung by a Griever? Or is something else happening?))

Breanne tried to calm Dutch down as he took a hold of her, and then had his little episode. She bit her lip, watching as Kyle asked Dutch if he could hear him. Already she was lifting up his shirt, looking for any wounds or signs of bloodloss. Then she was feeling around on his head, looking for anything abnormal. The whole time she scanned his file, trying to find anything that might be important. He'd had no recent injuries, which was good, and had never had a concision either. Also good. Once she finished reading the file she looked over at Charlie and Dragomira, asking, "Is this who was screaming just a little while ago, or did no one go to check that out?" Just then Dutch answered Kyle, calmly at first, and then he was suddenly screaming. Kill him? Brea thought, moving her hands away from his head and slamming him down against the bed, trying to stop him from lashing out. This seemed to calm him some, because he just laid there wide wide eyes, staring at the ceiling. She looked at her keeper with questioning eyes, waiting for instructions.

Dutch lied there then he saw something he had not seen yet his leggings were tore where blood was gushing he was coming back to the sane world and pointed at his leg than it hit him like a rocket! One of the bodies he had dragged had something in his hand something edged and shiny... But what was it? This is why he felt dehydrated he had bled severly than he fell back into his mind he felt he sleep until after to-marrow

(Not getting nots. Anyone care to report the notification problem to the mods?)

Blu had decided to go and make sure that Zach had done what she'd asked. The poor girl was always tripping around, trying to do what she could to be useful. Entering the woods, Blu heard the snapping and the sickly thud! Zach's body made when she hit the ground. Blu had no idea what the stupid shucking girl had done, but there she was, laying on the forest floor out like a light. "Um hm, girl, you are going to be the death of my patience someday," Blu muttered as she bent down and checked Zach's pulse. Still breathing and still alive, Blu carefully and gently worked her arms underneath her armpits and under her legs, lifting her. Blu was a strong woman; she had the real build of a construction worker.

Heading into the medjacks, Satchel noticed Blu carrying a hurt Zach. The commotion with Dutch was being handled; too many people surrounding one patient could do the reverse effect than help, so Satchel let the other medjacks handle it. Limping quickly over to Blu, he pulled Zach into his arms and turned from Blu without question. He would catch up with her later, but for now he had a patient to work on. Setting her in the bed closer to the back, the beds closest to the door were meant for patients with more serious injuries. This way the medjacks could keep a better eye on them. Laying her down, he lifted one of her eyelids open to check her pupils. Dialated; she had a pretty nasty concision. He would have to wake her every two hours so that she didn't slip into a coma and die. He walked back over to the storage closet and pulled out a metal bowl and poured some water into it, returning to Zach's bedside. He cleaned the dirt off of her face, keeping a watchful eye on her just in case she woke soon. Blu walked up and stood at the end of the bed, her arms crossed. "Shuckin kid was climbing a tree, I assume. Wasn't too careful about it neither," she piped up, earning her an annoyed glance from Satchel. "Don't you have work to do?" he snapped, turning his attention back to Zach. Blu just smiled and walked away; this was typical for Satchel.

Complete and utter nothingness is almost indescribable. It has a particular sound, a particular taste, it even has a particular look. The only thing comparable to it, even if it was only slightly so, was the static you would get on TV and radios. That fuzzy, grey block, and grating sound that buzzed around and made every hair on your body stand up. Zach hadn't ever passed out before, and the feeling was completely new and unsettling. As she awoke, the feeling became even worse. It was her hearing that first came to her, the sounds around that she couldn't quite make out or understand. Voices familiar but her brain not registering quite why they were familiar. Next was the sense of touch, the surface she was laying on and the temperature of the air. Followed by taste almost simultaneously with scent as a unit, and memory. Sight, being 70% of a persons awareness, was an incredible thing to lack during a time your body is in panic. It was what came last, colors dull and unfocused until she moved and began to become aware completely of the moment she lay in and what had happened. Although the senses followed after each other in a mere second, to her it was incredibly long and peculiar. Rolling her head to shake off the dizzy feeling that settled in the back of her mind, the movement only seemed to shake it up and make it worse.
"Ugh." She whispered. She had done it a million and one times, and this is the time that she gets hurt? Disappointed with herself, and fearful of injury she closed her eyes and didn't want to even look. Atleast she had made it to the infirmary.

( @LogicfromLogic I've never had to ask one of the mods for help {and if I'm being completely honest they kind of intimidate me}, so do you think you could do it? I don't even know how I would get one of their attentions. Or who I would ask.)

Dragomira nodded slowly, eyes locked on Dutch with worry. "Right.." Though, when Dutch yelled to kill him and ripped the rock from his shoulder, she winced, turning her head away and covering her eyes with her hand. Right, so... MedJack is out. Slowly regaining confidence, she peered at the boy again, worry evident on her features. She bit her cheek, waiting. Hoping they'd say everything was alright and figure out how to ease his pain.

(Hey! I'm back ^^)

He stared at Jen for a second. Maybe she was right, he was only being stupid. There was no way they could go escape alive from that situation. Anyway, it was too late, probably for both of them. The griever had already reached to them and was ready to attack them. Cole held to his knife, as if it would do any difference.

Reactions: Kitty
The Black Transforming into shapes as Dreams rolled past Dutch's eyes. Memories before Dutch had seen Dragomira, All the bodies he had dragged and that one griever we had to scare away on the rarest of occasions. In the real world Dutch's face formed a smile without waking up Dutch mumbled in his pain-filled sleep to Charlie about some bodies he did not want to Bury and argued with him from a few weeks ago. "I won't bury them I'm tired as hell and you yelling at me ain't helpin! Besides it's past our time to stop can't it wait?" Although the true volume of this in his sleep was just louder than a whisper.

Status
Not open for further replies.