The Glade {Maze Runner}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adelaide nodded. "Precisely my thoughts," she replied. "Well... She could be wandering the perimeter, in the groves, at the garden, in the homestead... I'm not sure where else," she replied with a sigh. "Which do you think is most likely?"

Max glanced up at Jen, and grinned. "Yup, sure are," he replied, looking back and returning to slicing the meat. "Unless, of course, you don't want any."

Parker

"Umm I think I'm fine here for now. Basically my shoulder just has a dull ache but my knee has a lot more pain when i put pressure on it." Parker's eyes began to wonder around the room. He had only been in here a few times, and only when he was forced. Being in here kind of made him uncomfortable. This was the place were everyone who got stung went. Or at least he was pretty sure. "So whats up doc? We just getting ice or am I gunna be super hyped up on drugs? Because either one I wouldn't mind." The joke made him laugh a little bit. He hoped to just be able to heal up, and start working tomorrow morning. He didn't want Max to have all the fun butchering that pig.

"As if." Jen rolled her eyes. "You know I love bacon. Just not when it isn't cooked." she covered her nose with her wrist, trying to stop the horrid smell. "I mean, how can you breathe?!"

Max laughed lightly. "Yeah, yeah... I know." he replied with an eye roll. "How do I breathe?" he repeated, raising a brow with a cocky grin. "With my lungs, doll."

(Hey guys, would someone mind telling me what I've missed in my absence?)

Kyle smiled slightly "You won't be getting any drugs, you don't seem in enough pain for that" He said getting an ice pack ready for his shoulder. It was more the knee that was worrying him at the moment since Parker couldnt put any pressure on it. He got out his file and scanned it "Have you ever injured your knees and not come here for treatment? Because it looked like you fell on your shoulder more then your leg but your leg is giving you more of an issue" He said getting some ice for the knee to try and stop it from swelling.

"Really?!" Jen gasped, and covered her mouth, also hiding a smile. "I never realised that! Oh my gosh!"

Max smiled and shook his head with a chuckle. "You're a dork, Jen," he teased. In all honesty, he didn't really mind the smell. He had gotten used to it by now.

"If by dork you mean brilliant, then, yes. Yes I am." grinned Jen as she laughed. "My stomach handle all of this. Or in the emergency room. I'd be the one who faints first."

Ayra nodded, "Well if I was a Greenie the maze would terrify me, let's check the Garden. It's probably the most calming area in the Glade but, I honestly don't know" she said.

(sorry I will be off and one -.- homework....)

Parker

"I don't really know. I mean I think about running sometimes and it feels familiar but I don't remember where I've ran and things." Parker thought about how he always got pains when he ran and after standing a lot when he worked long days. "I mean my right knee gets pain, but its normally really dull"

(My posting my get a bit slow. Visiting sister at hospital)

Max rolled his eyes with amusement. "Aye, whatever you say, doll," he replied with a small laugh, eyes twinkling. "Oh?" he said, mischief crossing his features. "Well, I don't suppose this would bother you..?" In a mere moment, Max was at Jenny's side, a slab of the meat he'd been cutting in his hand.

Adelaide nodded. "Alright. Let's go, than.." She said, starting to lead Ayra towards the garden.

Brea had wondered off to The Deadheads, which was essentially a groove of tree's located in the corner between the West and South door. She often came here when she had nothing better to do, because it was a good spot to sit and think about things. Rarely anyone bothered her here, even though most people knew she spent time there. When she reached the graveyard toward the back wall, where they buried fallen Gladers, she ran her fingertips over one of the makeshift gravestones. It was unstable and made of sticks, but it worked all the same. She then looked up at the sky, past all the trees, taking in a deep breath. The silence of The Deadheads used to bother her, but now she found it comforting. This was because she came to realize it wasn't ever really silent, she just hadn't been listening hard enough before. There was a faint sound of buzzing, which she knew was coming from a Beetle Blade. That's how The Creator watched them, through small mechanical insects.

Jen yelped and scrambled away from Max. "Hey! You know i can't handle those things!" A piece of meat straight from the animal's stomach. Repulsive. In fact, she felt a little queasy. "It's not funny Max!" She whined, while rubbing her arms, which had goosebumps lined all over it.

Ayra followed Adi scanning the Glade while she walked behind Adi to the Garden. Her face was in a permanent frown, "Where could she have gone?" She said confused.

Dragomira glanced down at the newcomer to the Deadheads from her perch in one of the many trees, her gaze absent. No matter how hard she thought, she couldn't remember a thing. She sighed in frustration, resting her head back against the tree and closing her eyes.

Max laughed lightly, amused. "Oh, relax... It's the circle of life. Smiling, he backed away in surrender. "Alright, alright.. Point taken. I'll stop," he said, setting the meat back down.

Adelaide glanced around upon their arrival at the gardens, sighing. "I dunno... Where to next?"

Brea turned to look back down at the gaveyard, but as she did something in the tree caught her eyes. She focused her gaze on the figure, soon realizing it was a human being, perched way up in the tree. Brea didn't recognize the girl, which meant she must be this month's Greenie. She offered a kind smile, and waved a little.

Jen sighed in relief, and then accusedly pointed a finger at Max. She had to concentrate to not start laughing, and to keep a straight face. "I like bacon. Not what it was before it became bacon."

Last edited by a moderator:
Dragomira noticed this, and returned a slight wave. Though, it wasn't much, as she was still lost in thought. She shifted a bit, but managed to keep from falling.

Kyle's eyes narrowed slightly " Any idea how long the pain has been present or how long it normally stays?" He said taking off the ice to look at it more. There was faint bruising around it but nothing significant. "Your one of the people who cuts up meat and such right? As long as your not a runner you can probably go back to work tomorrow, but i'm gonna want you to stay off it as much as possible. If there was a way to actually look at the knee bone it self i could get a better reading of what is going on but are you sure you've never broken it or anything? It could be an injury of something that happened before you came" He said softly, tracing over the knee carefully to try and find any bumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.