The Glade {Maze Runner}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cole started walking without a specific destination. He ended up in front of the North gate and sat down, watching the maze from inside The Glade. The doors were supose to close at any moment, and he had always been curious of how did those enormous things move so easily. He also thought how would be a night out there... sometimes he could hear the Grievers, and he was sure that he didn't want to see them at night. He found himself repeating the same questions that every Glader did to himself everyday. What did all that mean? Why them? What were they suppose to do? Were they ever getting out?

Parker

"Moving the animals from the pens to the slaughterhouse is really tough so I guess that puts a lot of pressure on it" Parker was getting real tired of answering questions. "Can't I get some crutches or something and be on my way?" His stomach was growling and he NEEDED food. In a while the dinner bell would be ringing and he could make his way over to grab some grub

Ashlynn

Ashlynn had been working in the kitchen for the past hour. Tonight was pasta night, an easy meal to make, but she practically burned the noodles twice. She would have been doing just fine but her fellow cooks had been out of the kitchen, talking to their friends. Ashlynn never really had a real friend. She knew everyone but she didn't really get to know them. Finally she finished making a giant pot of spaghetti, and even made some garlic bread to with it. It was a little charred but she was proud of herself. Ashlynn went outside holding the bell. This was her favorite part if the kitchen. She violently shook the bell, while screaming "All you shanks better get your food well there's still some! And dont forget to thank your lovely cooks!"

Jen's head tilted to the side when the bell rang. "Dinner bell. If we don't get there soon, there won't be a dinner anymore. Come on Max!" she beckoned him over with her hand. "And you should wash your hands. They're all bloody!"

Max sighed and put his supplies down to wash later. "Relax, relax... I am, mom," he replied with an eyes roll, quickly scrubbing his hands cleans and following Jen.

Jen patted his head and grinned as they walked to go eat their dinner. "What a good boy! Don't forget to go to bed at 8:00! That's your bedtime, remember?"

Max rolled his eyes and elbowed Jen playfully. "What ever you say, shuck-face," he replied playfully. "Betcha I can beat ya to the dining hall!"

"In your dreams, Slint-head. I'm the Runner here, if you don't quite remember." answered Jen by sticking her tongue out.

Ayra heard the dinner bell and sighed, "Shuck it, it's dark and if she got herself into trouble it's her own fault". She turned to Adi, "Let's just head to the Kitchen, hopefully the shanks haven't taken every thing".

[Missed so much ;~;]

Charlie blinked at the sound of the dinner bell. At that moment, his stomach growled loudly. Dusting off the dirt and grime, as best as he could, from his clothes, Charlie began to make his way towards the Dining Hall. This would be the first time that he would see everyone today. Probably would be the first time he'd see the Greenie as well.

It didn't take long to get there. Only a few minutes. When he reached his destination, his mouth began to water at the aroma that filled the Dining Hall. He couldn't wait to dig in. He, then, realized that he hadn't ate all day and that only fueled his hunger.

Kyle nodded "It could be a ton of things but i can't be completely sure." He said and glanced around, "Yeah, i think we have some lying around." He said and went into a nearby closet. Inside where crutches that the builders had made long ago but they still worked. He took them out and placed them next to Parker. He knelt down and wrapped his knee with a bandage to try and help with support. "Ok, you should be good to go, but don't be afraid to come back if it gets any worse or anything" He said sternly. He heard the dinner bell go off and cursed to himself quietly, it looked like he would be missing dinner so that he could find the Greenie.

(Going to bed now)

Dragomira looked to Brea with alarm. "What was that?" she called down.

Max laughed. "Oh, quit bragging," he teased with a laugh.

Adelaide shook her head. "Nah, you go... I told Kyle I'd find her," she insisted.

Cole stood up at the sound of the bell and literally ran to the dining room. He spent most of his life running into a stupid maze, how could he not run to get some food? Half his way, he could hear the awful noise of the gates closing. He took a second to turn around and see them moving, just to keep running and meet the gladers at the dining room.
"Smells great, Ashlynn" said with an open smile as he sat down, waiting for the food. It probably was a stressful job to cook for all those hungry teenagers. Of course, she had help, but he knew she did most of the job.

Jen shook her head. "Oh no. I'm not bragging. I'm stating the facts." she then elbowed him in the side but stopped half-way when the doors started closing. She turned around and looked at them, which encased the Gladers in this box forever. She shook her head, and cursed at herself. Not forever Shuck head...

Max smiled and elbowed her back. "Oh, whatever..." He laughed. He paused at the gates' closing as well, giving them a second glance. Though, he quickly shook it off. He tried to not think about it too much; they'd get out... Eventually.

Ayra shrugged, "Suit yourself, I for one am hungery and I can't run on an empty stomach" she said. She gave a small wave to Adi and started to walk off before stopping, "Hope you find the Greenie" she said and sprinted off to the kitchen. She made it into the dining room and saw Cole sitting by himself at a table she thought for a second then went and sat in front of him. "Hey shuck face" she said with a small smile as she sat down.

Addie smiled and waved back. "It's alright, have fun," she replied. "Thanks, I'll need it," she mused, heading towards the homestead. If the greenie wasn't there, she'd search the deadheads. Then she'd do a perimeter check, if she still couldn't find her.

Parker

Parker gladly took the crutches, making his way out the door. "Thanks doc! So how bout that sucker?" Laughing, Parker made his way out of the room, towards the smell of the food. Making his way across the grass to the dining room, he saw nearly everyone running. Man if he wasn't faster, all the food might be gone by the time he got there. Looking at everyone walk through the doors he saw Adelaide walking the other way. "Hey what are you doing? The food is the other way!" He started making his way over to her, but wondered where the Greenie was. Did they find her?

Ashlynn

Ashlynn finally put the bell down at the sight of seeing tons of Gladers running, some nearly sprinting, towards the dining hall. She booked it behind the counter and was ready to serve up grub. As everyone made their way inside the dining hall, forming into a line she yelled "Tonight's dinner is Spaghetti. If you don't like it, well I'm sure the animals in the pens will be willing to share with you." She began handing out food to everyone, and blushed with Cole's compliment. "Thanks I try..." was all she could manage to say as he moved on.

Adelaide glanced over when she heard Parker's voice, smiling. She was glad to see he was looking better, and didn't have to put weight on the leg. "Glad to see you lookin better, Parker," she commented. "Oh, I know... I'm still lookin' for the greenie," she admitted, sheepishly.

"Have you seen the Greenie?" Jen asked in a quiet voice. She didn't even catch her name, and she felt bad for not helping to show around. She kept on walking towards the dining hall. "She must be so scared."

He smiled back at Arya. "Hey, what's up? So, have you met the Greenie?" asked as his stomach growled. Would there be a day where he wouldn't eat a whole cow by himself? He impatiently waited for the food and smiled even wider when Ashlynn came out with spaghetti. He stood up and brought a plate filled with it for him and one for Arya.

Status
Not open for further replies.