The Forgotten Divine

The man waved goodbye to Alyssa. He turned to Ayra."I myself must be going... though to where I don't know yet."

"That's your problem" Ayra said laughing slightly. "I might be helpful once today and say the Inn is straight up that street".

"Thanks. By the way, who are you?" He felt odd, talking with someone who tried to destroy his boat.

"I though we've been over this" Ayra said giggling at him. She bowed and smiled, "I am Ayra" she said, "There, now don't ask again or I'll have to give you a pig nose or maybe even make your mouth disappear" she said thinking of all the wonderful pranks.

DIN
Ah, he'd found it. Din stood in the forest for a while longer, staring -once again- at the back of an old, abandoned-not-quite-abandoned shrine, before taking a few steps forward. He went slowly, because physical bodies were such pains and had to be affected by all sort of things, like weight and gravity. Din would honestly much rather flit around with one of his senses, but there were things that just couldn't be done without his physical body. Like speaking, for instance. Speaking was important. As it was, because of those things that couldn't be done without it, Din was dragging his body around the side of the shrine, taking slow step after slow step.

He made it to where he assumed was the front soon enough, braced himself, and pulled his body up the stairs. Father didn't have stairs in his palace; Din still wasn't quite used to them yet. He doubted that he ever would be, honestly. Finally, he stood at the shrine's entrance, where the same god -god?- goddess was still cleaning. Din paused for a moment, using those few seconds to learn how to control his mouth and tongue again, before opening it. 'Hello.' he said, tilting his head at the goddess, 'Are you sure you're a deity?

RAFFE
It seemed things were all but settled. Raffe watched, slightly further away from the girl who'd been caught -she was the one whose powers Raffe felt, he was certain- endlessly amused by the proceedings. Arya -that Arya, the oh-so-infamous goddess of mischief that had been thrown down by a few of the other gods such a long time ago- a human with powers that reeked of the gods where it shouldn't, and another that didn't quite seem to care that those around him were exhibiting strange abilities? Oh, entertaining indeed, especially concerning the fact that they had all nicely introduced themselves to each other. Raffe supposed he could let go with this particular boundary problem -he was laughing too hard to be able to storm down there, all dark and menacing, and declare that you, there, please do get back on your ship and sink into the sea. And none of you are allowed to interfere this time; my job is difficult enough as it is. Raffe would just linger to watch the show to its end, and then take his leave.

Reactions: Brosephus
She started walking towards the Woods once again but stoped when she felt another presence. That was surely another odd thing about her. Just as she did before with that girl named Arya, she felt a source of power near. She had no idea how she was so sure, but the feeling was strong, and she followed it.

As The man sat at his table at the inn, a cloaked figure joined him."Excuse me, sir." He lifted his hood to reveal an old man."May I join you at this table?"
"I don't mind at all. Take a seat."
He sat down on one of the stools."Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Augustus. I have come here to offer you employment."
"Employment of what sort?"
"I wish to employ you to stop the construction of a building that could mean suffering for our village for many years to come. I know a great deal about you. Including such as the name of your boat, Prospero, That you have...a very interesting talent, and that you lied about your name." He chuckled."Ishmael. Clever. Very clever." There was the slightest hint of sarcasm in his words.
"I have been blessed in that I am am demigod, the grandson of Athena. My heritage has enabled me to sense a great many things which most mortals do not, and indeed cannot know."
He coughed and spoke again.
"I will provide with room and board for you during the mission. If you complete it, I will repair your boat and furnish you with supplies to make your journey homeward. But we must wait till we reach my home till further arrangements can be made." He rose from the table."Do you accept?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Lullaby made a small smile when the presence she felt was coming closer to her, and walking up the steps. Eventually, it was able to show up right in front of Lullaby and then asked her...if she was really a deity? "Yes I am." She replied, though didn't stop from sweeping. It was a common question to hear when you were in control of something like Lullaby. But, she still did have quite a large amount of power considering music and sound was practically everywhere and in everything. Even the trees would make a sound when the winds blew on it. Thus, when you thought about it she was stronger that anyone could realize. "What brings you to my shire?"

DIN
Din ignored the question -or perhaps he simply didn't hear; it was always rather difficult to tell at any one time- and simply stared at the goddess. Still sweeping, goddess. Really, she claimed to be a deity, but what sort of deity cleaned their own shrine (or, at least, Din assumed it was her's) so diligently? He desperately wanted to consult with Father, but the being didn't seem to be paying any attention to Din at the moment. He was by himself, then.

'I am the Third Cardinal,' Din spoke, head still tilted to a side, 'Or Din. Although Father never calls me that. What is your name?' There. That would do it. Pleased with himself, Din spent all of five seconds trying to recall how to control his facial expressions before giving up on it, instead sending his sense of smell forwards to circle around the goddess. Some of these gods smelled interesting; Din wondered if this one was the same. Speaking of interesting... 'Why are you doing... housework? Were you not a deity?' he added, tone completely flat. Din had long since forgotten how to inject emotion into his voice on purpose, and found the process difficult -to say the least- which was why he reserved it for special occasions only.

RAFFE
Ah, one of the mortals was heading towards him. Raffe turned to stare in that direction, wondering whether he should make himself scarce, before dismissing the thought. This was a human, certainly, but a human that had been using some very decidedly non-human powers -and, besides, Raffe never did care very much for all the 'absolutely no showing yourself to outsiders!' nonsense either. Life was so much more fun with the involvement of sentient beings that could communicate and weren't terrifying ticking time-bombs of power.

If this one was also a terrifying ticking time-bomb of power, Raffe was disappearing at the first sign of trouble. As it was, he simply leaned backwards, supporting himself with both hands, and waited.

She walked towards the source of power until she found it. It looked like a young man with dark blue eyes. The stranger seemed to be lurking into something. She stoped and stared for a few seconds even though her instincts told her to run away, what sane person senses a large amount of power and simply approaches to it? She had always been curious, but she wasn't use to be so stupid. Anyways, she stood there, not sure what to do, but already decided to stay and see what he was. He may be something similar to her. Besides, she had power of her own, so under every thread she could surely use them to escape.
"Hello?" she pronounced without giving much think about it, still being alert.

Lullaby finally stopped sweeping and looked up at Din. "I see." She replied when she heard who he was. "My name is Lullaby, Goddess of music and sound. Now as to why I'm sweeping is because this place needs it. No humans will come to pray if this place looks terrible and as you can see I am the only one here to be able to make this place look at all descent." She answered him calmly. She gave him a smile small in return, noticing that he was having a bit or trouble trying to get out his emotions; that didn't bother her at all. It was understandable why he would have questions, no usual god or goddess would sweep their own shrine but it was a step closer to becoming known by name and that's what she needed. Also, she couldn't live in a place that was run down. Eventually, she would probably get another familiar again or just have someone to help clean the shrine.

Some time later, The Hood headed toward the assigned building, the shrine of the goddess who aroused the gods' jealousy. He considered what the old man had told him about his opponent. Perhaps the person here was not really a goddess. He didn't like the thought of Deicide. However, if what Augustus said was true, then all the inhabitants of this place(including him)were in danger. He stepped up to the shrine. As he entered, he heard people talking above. It might be some rare follower of this forgotten goddess... or it might be something else...

He headed up the stairs.

Last edited by a moderator:
As Okami walked through the forest some of the trees where slowly tearing apart, after the territory was "clean" he used his power to make high pillars to go out of the floor and form the support for the temple, after that the roof and the floor where placed and a big black and red chair appeared in the middle of the temple, in the outside part two statues appeared, one was a high howling wolf and the other one was a big snake, those where the guardians of the temple, but also they are Okami's pets, he may summon them sometimes, the wolf is called Shi and the snake is Mamushi, they are both enhanced with a powerful magical energy.

The temple was finished in one day, then he sat on his chair, he knew that no one knew about that temple, it was a new place, but something was sure, he is going to take back his throne as the god of the death, doesn't matter the cost.

Rose looked around after summoning herself to a graceful pond she started right away to build her little paradise around it. Spreading life through all the plants growing a few, making flowers around, grew vines to conceal her little oasis and made lily pads to go around the water. She made a little throne from a tree trunk and used vines as an accent. It was beautiful to her at least the animals had come to her paradise because they were attracted to the energy she had emitted using so much of her magic. Then she felt something troubled, trees had been killed many of them. "Omaki..." She said as she sat back down and rolled her eyes, it was the age old battle of life and death.

Okami was resting on his "Chair", when he felt an strange energy, that kind of energy that makes humans happy, the kind of things that completely against him, he knew the source of this energy, "Uhm...Rose" He thought as he summoned one of his loyal pets (He haves some besides Shi and Mamushi, but these are normal animals), it was a black and a bit bigger than average, "Go...Tell me...Is it too far?" Was the only thing that he said to his owl before he started flying.

(OOC: Okami doesn't like to end with plants and animals, just with persons)

Okami stood up of his "Chair" and walked to the outer part of his temple and stared at the sky thinking "Uhm...This feeling....Something is going to happen....and soon". (Place antagonist here...)

DIN
Making a noncommittal sort of sound from the back of his throat, Din continued to stare at the goddess -Lullaby, she'd said, although Din had never heard of her before- before another sound caught his attention and he turned, facing the staircase that he had been climbing up himself just a moment ago. Almost absently, his sense of hearing detached itself from his body and left to confront the intruder. A moment later, Din's sight followed as well. His physical body was by now exhausted of most of its senses, left with just taste, which he didn't usually have much use for anyway, and he pushed it to the back of his mind.

It looked like a human, by all means a completely regular one, save the weapons he seemed to have on him. But then again, plenty of people carried weapons. Din flitted about the human, hearing nothing more than footsteps on the ground and seeing just that, before retreating back to his physical body, disappointed. He'd thought something interesting might be coming. Sometimes, spending all your days simply wandering about got exceedingly boring. Din blinked a few times when his sight returned, getting used to it again, before telling the goddess, 'I think you have a visitor.'

RAFFE
'Why, hello there.' Raffe called out cheerfully when the mortal came into view, smiling brightly, 'Are you lost?' Of course, he knew that she wasn't. What he was wondering, however, was how she'd managed to locate him. The girl was a perfectly human-looking human -brown hair, brown eyes, no particular distinctive markings whatsoever- and usually gods were the only ones that could sense his presence. Or, rather, why would she approach him? There were only one or two ways to sense a god, and neither really set up the god in question as a friendly, welcoming person to be approached in the thick of nowhere. Interesting, interesting. 'If you happen to be lost, do allow me the honor of showing the way. Where do you want to go?' Leaning forwards to free his hands, Raffe made a wide gesture with them before pushing himself off the ground, making a great show of brushing off the dirt. 'Well?' He raised an eyebrow, 'What do you say?'

No wonder the gods were so bad at their job. When they were not getting into affairs and sweeping up their houses, they were off having nice conversations with walls. She looked like she belonged in an asylum, not a temple.

He had been hired to do a job. Goddess or not, he would do it well. He pulled back the hammer on his flare gun and carefully tried to open the door behind her.

Suddenly the animals had freaked out. "Calm down it's okay" Rose said in a quiet voice that echoed for miles to the animals. The animals calmed and continued to sit around the oasis when suddenly a creature she didn't recognize appeared in her sense. A blackened owl this wasn't one of her animals. She shrugged it off and started to grow plants and beautiful flowers.

Lullaby waited until Din was all back in his body, considering she sensed the change that occurred from him. "Yes, I know. Thank you though for telling me Din." She responded after he mentioned that she had a visitor approaching the shrine. "I can hear the sounds he is making, so if he's trying to be discrete about what he's doing. It has already failed." She said. Being the goddess of sound and music made her sense of hearing better than most. She was able to hear many sounds that were around her and near her. She sighed, obviously noticing the specific sounds that he was making. "Do you come to kill me without knowing even who I am or what I am doing here? It's really ashame that someone would try to kill me without even knowing who I am and what I'm doing here, though if you think I would die that easily you might not know many gods at all." Lullaby said, still all calm with no other emotion in her tone. Usually, in most situations Lullaby was always calm.

He looked as a perfectly nice person, willing to help a stranger in need. Anyways, she couldn't ignore her instincts that told her that he was something much greater than a simple person. And she was decided to know what was it.
"Actually, I am. And I would really appreciate your help." lied, with an innocent smile. She thought that following his initiative would be much better than telling him that she was only intrigued in his power. "I live in the closest town around, but this forest still looks like a maze to me." Added, pointing where she was going, without being sure if it was a good idea to bring him into her hometown. "My name is Alyssa Reiss, by the way." told him, still keeping her distance. The closest she was, the bigger she sensed his power and the more she regreted that stupid idea.