The Escape

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Dark was concious again, just in time to hear Natalia ask him a question. "What?" He said looking around to see only Natalia and Stone were the only ones there. "Don't tell me half the party died when I was out." He groaned as he sat up on the sheet of ice. It was cold but really it helped numb the pain that he should have been feeling. He slid off the ice and looked around. Seeing a small hallway off to the side he realized that was where they had run off too... they just had to follow the trail of body's. "Lets go." He said hastily as he started to run down the hallway, and followed the body's. The numbness the ice gave him started to where off and he could feel the pain again. Pain was nothing new, he could bear it for now.

Julianne opened her mouth to respond but paused. She wasn't sure how to reply to that… She just sighed and decided to wing it. "Listen, you have to come back with me! Apparently we need your help to get out so we can't separate. At least not yet I guess… Um, maybe once we get out you can go your separate way if still want to but please, just stick with the rest of us!" She begged. Now the winged boy was also up but he seemed to want to stick with Rena but everyone they have freed was useful, at least in some way. She wasn't sure what everyone's abilities were yet but they were needed.

Rina stumbled as he pushed off her back but caught herself. She was in awe that now all the pain was suddenly gone. "When crazy you don't care about what wounds you get until afterwards. Beside charging at a bunch of arm guards with a chainsaw.. I don't call that sanity." She said amused. She definitely liked him as well. So far she liked Angel Boy and Fire Girl. She pondered at Aryn question and shrugged. "Honestly my plan was to just charge through anyone that got in my way, probably a death wise plan but there could of been a chance I got lucky." She told him before rubbing her head. "I was hoping someone knows which way to go and we run for it? Since everyone seems small here, we could crawl in the vents." She pointed up to the vents. "We could also say fuck the plan and just find the exit, killing any guard in the way." She mused. As it was shown, she had no remorse for the guards and had no problem killing them. "Just have to make sure I keep calm if we do that." She sighed. There were multiple plans they could make but what would be the best? She did not know. Rina glanced at fire girl with a sigh. Needed her now? She rubbed her head, wincing as it thumped against her skull. A head ache was coming on now, did she miss the part where the Big Guy obviously wanted to skin Rina? "I'm sure they will be coming this way anyways since three of Mr.IHaveAPlan pieces to the plan are here."

Julianne sighed in annoyance, "You're not listening to me! If you would just come back to our original group we could all get out of here! That other boy has a plan that has worked pretty well so far if you just wouldn't have wandered off. Every minute longer we stay here the probability of getting caught grows." She said, glancing down the hallway nervously. When she turned back to the other three she poked to the other two boys; the angel and new guy. "At you two can come with us. Please, we have a plan and one the guys knows the layout of this place along with what the outside world is like. We can all help each other out of here with less chance of getting caught or dying." She tried to convince them but they didn't even seem to be listening to her.

"No.. it is you who is not listening to me, that Big Guy seemed to really want to kill me, um... that doesn't sound like me going back is a good idea." She sighed, the girl was going to abandon her? "I didn't wander off cause I wanted to take in the sights. I didn't want to lose myself and attack the big guy." She watched the girl carefully. "If you two want to go with her, fine." She told the two boys.

Ante came out of his spacing and looked between the three of them. Noticing the guy with wings for the first time now. "Oh, hi!" He said, waving at him as well before looking at the chainsaw girl with a tilted head. "I said I would go with you, that's what I'm going to do." He said, a bit confused at her comment. "You told me to come outside with you and I did, so I have nothing left to do but follow you right?" He said, eyeing the other two. Were they being tested as well? He didn't know they had group tests, he was a little excited to be a part of this one, now that he was outside and everything.

Natalia followed Dark, glancing back at Stone. "Um...you should probably stay here unless you plan on apologizing to her," she called back with a shrug, turning the corner and gasping as she saw all the blood, the bodies. Oh, and the smell was revolting. She wrinkled her nose and stepped back, forcing herself not to question Rina.

"It seems you took care of some...things," she said awkwardly, glancing sideways at the new guy. He seemed very confused and almost disoriented. Was it because of the blood? She doubted it. Anyone who was affected by blood would get away from it and not just stand in it like an idiot. She glanced around the corner, glad to see that there weren't any guards. She had barely heard what Rina had said. She was afraid that Stone was going to kill her? She was afraid of hurting him? After seeing all the bodies, she couldn't help but be surprised that she would be thinking about trying to, well, not hurt someone.

Aryn shook his head slightly to himself. He had zoned out for a minute, listening in to everyone's thoughts at the same time. He was amused at the name that the girl-Rina- called him Angel Boy. He was far from it. He cleared his throat quietly, and told them, "There are very small security motion sensors inside the vents. If something passes by them, they immediately send infrared pictures to every guard station in the building-" He listened again. "You can't see them, and you can't destroy them. If you try, you'll get a pretty strong electric shock."

Aryn smiled almost sheepishly at the group. "There's a guard posted at the turn of the hallway, down towards the exit. He might not be conscious." His smile turned into a smirk. "Which is why there isn't any more guards rushing at us, right this second. He paused. "That, and the cameras were shut down somehow. The tasers probably hit a wall and short-circuited the wire. They don't want to come in here blind. Not that it makes a difference."

He nodded to the other boy. Ante. He didn't really look down the hallway, but he wasn't too sickened by it. It would have worried him, if not for the fact that those people did terrible things to him. He recalled not eating for a week, to 'test' the avian part of his makeup. He had been half-starved. He glanced at Julianne. "I think," he told her, "I'll stay with Rina." He liked her spunk, and Dark's leaderness didn't currently appeal to him. He'd think about it more when they were out. He read Ante's thoughts on reflex then. The boy seemed to be a little off, and he almost rolled his eyes at the train of thought he was taking.

"We're not doing a damn test," he said. "We're escaping. Leaving, starting a new life. Getting the hell out of here."

She nodded at Ante and then at Aryn. Thank goodness, she could of sighed in relief. She figure, no matter how powerful her power, if she was over run with guards she either lose all sanity completely, or she would die from the lack of carelessness she had while in that crazy state. "See, you have their answers fire girl." She smiled at her. She glanced behind her and saw Dark and Natalia. "I told you they would come after us." She told Julianne before replying to Natalia.

"Well someone has to kill them, but that makes me a psychopath for wanting to get even." She shrugged, kicking a body to the side as she started walking down the hall. She stepped on bodies and the parts she cut off, no respect for the dead at all and she giggled at the feeling of flesh under her bare feet. She knew she wasn't the normal definition of sane but she wasn't completely insane either.

"You going deeper into the base." Dark said with a slight sigh. Not moving felt good, it caused less pain on his insides. Normally things like this wouldn't hurt him but he figured the shock that was sent through him much have heightened his nerves. He didn't like that idea one bit but their was no other explanation for it. He hoped they would listen, he didn't want to scare them but they were heading straight for the testing facility's. Not the one that they used to cause the mutants pain, but one that created devises to help stop the mutants from escaping. He didn't even want to know what their latest inventions were.

"We can't go that way anymore, it's swarming with guards." He said pointing to the way they had just came from. It was too bad, from the looks of it they only had 2 more walls to go threw before getting out. Now, thanks to the chaos that went on while he was passed out, they might be stranded inside. Still he wasn't going to bring them down with information like that and he made sure to end that thought process with 'and you better not either Aryn.'. He knew that kid could read thoughts. He hoped to use the 'angel boy' to keep an advantage on the guards... at least for the beginning where they don't have any searching guard to where those special headbands.

Ante laughed. "But we've already escaped..." He said, shaking his head as he followed Rina. After a few paces he turned and eyed the group cautiously before returning his attention to the Rina girl. "Hey... so... are we going to get shot at and stuff? If so... I think I should walk in front, they can't really hurt me.." He offered, figuring it was more strategic to place attack power behind shield power. He raised an eyebrow at this thought, as he had never been in a combat situation before. He sighed, tossing the confusion into the 'adaptation weirdness' section of his brain and left it at that. That wing guy... Ante didn't know exactly how to feel about him... something just didn't quite sit right. Though at this point there wasn't anything to say, he just got the odd feeling that there was something more to him than his wings. That guy back there said they were going deeper into the base, he looked at Rina with a smile. "Is outside deeper into the base then?" He touched a finger to his chin, looking up in thought. "I wonder what the ceiling outside looks like..."

Aryn brought up the rear, as to continue his stream of information, picking out what was useful and what was not. There was a tunnel exit deeper into the base, used to transport in mutants from other facilities. He dismissed the exit, knowing their way out would most likely be blocked. There were other exits, but they were heavily guarded. He wondered what Risa was up to, but he didn't say anything.

Ante, he thought, was an ignorant person. They hadn't yet escaped, just left their cells; they still needed to leave the facility. He also seemed to be smart, but not a genius. He shook his head in disbelief. Who cared what the roof looked like? He wanted to be far away from here.

Rina eye twitched slightly. Going the wrong way? All the hallways looked the same. "Yeah Objective, go for it. And Mr.IHaveAPlan, which way to you suggest we go? I figured we just charge on through, it wasn't that hard for me to do it by myself. More fire power makes it easier plus with a healer..." She glanced at Angel boy. "Fire and Ice and Darkness... And.. what ever Objective does, it shouldn't be toooo hard to get through. Plus if Big Guy hurries up and actually isn't threatening people, he would be a good person to plow through things." She muses out loud finger to her lips. "I like using a direct and in your face approach but by all means, if someone else has another idea, please do share." She chimed. She knew she had to be careful since that plan really wasn't the best for her sanity but when it came to complex plans.. she found herself not being able to ever follow cause she always has the simple mind set, I'll push through everyone or die trying.

"Well we can't go back." He said turning around and noticing that Stone wasn't behind him. "I'm going to assume Stone is dead..." He said turning his head back to Rina "and its not that easy. By now they have the weapon they were creating for a couple of years, in it hold all of our weaknesses, light, cold, strong plated armor, and some water thing and much more that I wasn't able to remember or isn't worth explaining." He said pointing at each person the weakness applies too. The only person he didn't point to was Ante, "So I suggest we head down that hall and hope they haven't blocked everything out." Dark looked around slightly again before starting to move, "Also, Rina. Try not to fight unless its absolutely necessary." He didn't say why he wanted her to hold back as a reserve because he wasn't sure if he wanted to tell everyone about her fighting problem but regardless, he would rather have her keep her guns to herself.

Julianne closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She was not used to so much arguing, plans and just plain deep thinking so now she was getting a head ache. When he let out the breath she opened her eyes again and turned to Dark. He was the one she would be following and going with when it boiled down to it so he was the one she would be interacting with the most. She shouldn't get attacked to people who would leave as easily as Rina had before because once they got out she would probably just do so again. "Alright, so now we know where we're going so we should keep moving in that direction. I'm surprised this place isn't already flooded with guards so it won't be long until it is. Let's get moving." She tried to keep her voice level and calm but she was internally freaking out about all this. So much has already happened… it probably wasn't very good for her. Fire is an emotional element and if it wasn't contained and she wasn't focused it will easily go out of control. Her eyes were already flashing to be more like the flames that burned within her because her mind was so preoccupied.

Ante nodded. "I'll take the spear head but call out directions a little ahead of time. I have no idea where we're going." He said, looking at the new guy. He turned around and started to jog down the hall in the direction that guy had said to go. His power makes him a good front liner, he would survive anything that they ran into and being up front means he would take the brunt of the force, giving the others more time to react. His brain was starting to think tactically. The chainsaw girl seemed kind of crazy whenever she fought, he thought putting her in the back was a good idea. That winged guy had healing powers, so he should hang back, but in front of Rina in case of an attack from the rear. He had heard Rina mention fire and ice, and thought that it would be good to have the ice person behind him, along with the shadow power, whoever that was. The fire power should hang back with Rina to better cover their tail. Setting things in front of them on fire was not a wonderful idea seeing as though they had to run through it, but torching pursuers behind them was ideal. Freezing enemies before them would be effective, followed with a shadow attack by the shadow power. Any survivors would be torched by the fire power in back to be sure that they did not pursue them. After a moment of mulling this over he thought he should mention the idea. "Hey guys... I think whoever has the ice and shadow powers should take the second line. The wing guy with the healing power should take third. The fire power and chainsaw girl should hold up the rear." He called out, looking over his shoulder at them. "I think that would be most effective, what do you think?" He asked, looking at the guy who had told them to go this way. He seemed to know a little more about the place than the others from what he gathered so far.

Julianne sighed silently and looked down and away. "We have names you know…" She mumbled quietly to herself but still went with him. They were apparently all one team again so it was best to not fight when his ideas were good. She just couldn't stop herself from saying her comment because hadn't been called by her actual name in years and now that she got what she assumed were as close as she could get to friends at the moment and they still address with some sort of name that has to do with her ability if they even do address her. At least she wasn't called 'Ice Girl' anymore, that was the worst. It was true that no one had really introduced themselves, herself included, but it still annoyed her despite the fact that it wasn't all that logical.

"I like your reasoning kid." Dark said looking back at the others. He had caught Julianne's comment about names so he decided he would try to use them. "Line up accordingly, Rina, Julianne in the back, Aryn in front of them, Natalia your up here with me and keep leading-" Dark realized he didn't know the objects name. He had only breafly read over the notes about him and they only referred to him as 'the object'. The only reason Dark wasn't going to get this guy was because his powers seemed to only revolve around his own needs, he was wrong. Though, like the files said this guys was clueless, his powers still help him reason, which is what they needed in tough situations. "I didn't catch your name." Dark said a little quietly and hesitantly "Just stop in a couple of feet so I can try to bust threw a weak spot in the wall." He said as he suddenly stopped and tried. It created a dent and Dark had already used most of his charged up power. He began to charge again. "Natalia, try to make some ice to give me more shade." He said as the marks on his chest started to glow."

Ante smiled, pleased to hear that he agreed. He scrunched his brow at Julianne, then made an apologetic face. "I'm sorry Julianne, I've never known someone else's name before. I wasn't sure if other people had names..." He said, stopping as Dark came to a halt and attacked the wall. He watched with a curious expression. "I think the people here are a little slow. I keep telling them my name is Ante but they still call me 'objective' and variations there of." He quoted the word objective in front of him with his pointer and pinky fingers. Ante raised an eyebrow as the guy charged up again. "If Julianne were to heat it, the Natalia freeze it, that would make it more brittle if that's a thing... I didn't get your name either." He said, rubbing the back of his head. He felt a little awkward actually talking to people, he'd never been in a situation like this before. Other than himself, up until this point he'd only ever talked to the ceiling.

Rina didn't like the fact they were putting her in the back nor did she like her name being given out. "Names are weaknesses Fire Girl so I refuse to call any of you by your real names. I will call you by your nicknames, I hope that doesn't bother you guys." She gave a small smile to them before walking in the back with a yawn. "Or I can just blow up the wall for you guys." She added with a casual tone and a hand wave in the air.