The Escape

When Julianne walked and stood by him, he automatically took her hand in his. "I'm Aryn," he introduced himself. He noticed that the boy-Kuroi, he called himself- had a head wound. He let go of Julianne's hand and walked carefully to him. "Allow me," he said, putting his hand over Kuroi's where it pressed against his wound, and there was a soft pulse of light as Aryn healed him.

"I don't think you were part of the original group," he said. "How did you escape?"

"Their are two possibility. One they let him out to hunt us down, or two he escaped the same time we did using our distraction as a easy get away point." Dark was being Kuroi and was just finishing materializing from the shadows. He already knew this kid was not under control of the lab, his head wound was proof but he decided to test this kids ability. Seeing the sword he knew Kuroi was battle able so it would be fun having a spar with him... not that he would let Kuroi know it was just a simple match. "Nice sword. I don't believe we were given a weapon back at the labs."

Dark raised his hand and shot a dark wave in Kuroi's direction. It would be easy to dodge, unless he was over estimating the new guy.

Kuroi's natural instincts kicked in and his body lifted up into the air at a quick flash of light, He was floating in the air for a few seconds looking at the man who came out of the shadows. Landing back down to the floor looking at him he said " Well of course they didnt give you weapons " He then stopped talking and slowly began remembering things his memory being jogged by the whole word lab. He then said " I made this..out of scrap pieces of metal i found...in the chambers...i remember.." He rubbed his head and looked at him not forgetting he just attacked him. His energies beginning to flow and spark would ripple over his body, His defensive mode picked up as he wasn't sure if he was going to have to fight all of them or only one of them.

Dark smiled only slightly as Kuroi started to let lose some power, sparks were running along his body. Judging by his stance he was clearly ready for another attack. With out bothering to reply about the sword he vanished in the shadows only to appear behind Kuroi with another blast of shadow energy, really his power was simular to Kurois, only a dark version really. Right now Darks only goal was to get Kuroi to draw his sword. That should show him to just what extent Kuroi's power can reach.

Kuroi smirked as the man came behind him through the shadows, which then kuroi used to his advantage. As he sent the Shadow energy kuroi's body flustered with energy and the shadow energy was blocked by a wall of lightning which raised from his body. As it connected kuroi slid back and looked at the man saying " i do not wish to but if i must..i will battle you for my life " His hand sliding to his hilt pulling the metal piece off of it slowly he looked at him. He saw how Dark's eyes had focused on it before but he ignored it only thinking he wanted to steal it but if he was to fight he was going to have to use his weapon for now. He then breathed in slowly and let a slow exhale of air escape his lungs, Which then sent sparks down his left arm which he held the metal hilt in. The hilt jumped with electricity and a steady beam of lightning came crashing out of it, making a static sound and continuously it would do that. He looked at dark as he raised his sword and pointed it at him. " If you wish to harm me..you'll have to get through my lightning blade " He felt badass for the moment.

Dark smirked as the sword was brought out, it went slow motion for him, slowly coming out of the hilt with the sound of sharpened mettle. The sword seemed to light up and flow with energy that shot down from his arm, it was a spectacular sight. However, this was no beauty contest. This was a test.

Dark simply lifted a finger as if uninterested now that the sword was drawn and a powerful, consentrated, pure black been shot out at Kuroi. A seconds hesitation would result in Kuroi being baddly injured but they had healers on the team whom shouldn't have a problem unless Kuroi was stupid enough to get himself killed. If Kuroi blocked the attack it would be enough.

It was that simple his hand didnt move the hilt didnt move nothing moved except the lightning itself intercepting the shot of energy, He had forced the lightning to move and not the sword which can help with its deadliness. The lighting clashed with the pure black beam and caused it to merge with the lightning, The lightning then sent itself and them beam off into the air causing a loud crackling noise. Kuroi's eyes were still set on Dark who he had not understood why he was being attacked. He felt as if Dark had a problem with him but Kuroi wasn't much of a talker before...so why could this be how could this be?

Kuroi then pointed the sword downward and the lightning dispersed into the air, He looked at Dark and put the hilt back onto his belt his face had a small smirk on it. He put his arms out and said " I will leave if that is what you want "

Julianne smiled softly to Aryn when he took her hand then watched as he went over and healed the new boy, Kuroi. When Aryn's voiced the question of how he go tout also, she looked over to Kuroi, also curious of the answer. Dark reappeared before he could say anything though, offering two option then attacking him. Her eyes widened at this and she took a step back, away from the two. During their fight, she was simply watching, a little shocked and confused, she didn't move to stop them though. Why would Dark just suddenly attack him unless for a good reason? Kuroi then dodged and, judging by the explanation of his weapon, he didn't seem to remember anything, maybe because of the head wound he got?

She turned to face Dark, "What's going on? Why'd you attack him?" She asked in confusion. So far he hadn't done anything wrong and then Dark just attacks him so she wanted to know why. Of course if needed, she would help Dark (like he would need it) since she doesn't know if Kuroi truly was evil but she would rather not if she could help it.

Out of surprise, Jordan had only sat by and watched as the fight went on. But the surprise was quickly replaced by anger, anger at Dark. Because he had done it again, His disappearing act, the one where he vanishes into the shadows, and doesn't come back until . . . whenever the hell he feels like, and now he was attacking the new kid for what seemed to be no reason. Just watching him, Jordan could feel his anger rising, he tried clenching his fist, to maybe stop it . . . but it wasn't working. He swore he heard Julianne say something, but he couldn't even think straight at the moment. He swiftly walked over to Dark, crossing the distance between them in seconds, dimly realizing he was talking as he moved, "Why are you fighting him, Dark?", he continued as he walked up to Dark, and grabbed onto his shirt with both hands,"If anyone should be fighting you I should!", He was smaller than Dark, and weaker too, just watching the fight between him and Kuroi, intimidated him, but he would still fight him if he attacked the new kid again, without explaining himself.

Julianne gasped at Jordan's outburst and his threatening Dark. "Jordan, don't!" She shouted then ran after him. She grabbed his arm and tried to pull him back. If he tried to fought Dark, she was sure that he was going to get himself killed, especially after she saw the fight he and Kuroi just had. It wasn't taking sides, it was more of her trying to stop Jordan from getting serious hurt if he went against Dark. He was very powerful and mysterious and it's always the unknown enemy that's the worst.

After Kuroi blocked the attack with almost no motion Dark could have laughed, it was perfectly executed but to his irritation Jordan challenged what he was doing, even going as far as threatening him. Juli had run up to stop him, pulling him back like a sister pulling her younger sibling from danger. Still, Jordan was probably confused, "Jordan, when have I done anything that hurt any of you?" He asked still watching Kuroi, "Sure I'm not always here, yes I wasn't here when your group had been taken but need I say who saved your lives as Aryn flown you to safety? Do you think all those guards just missed by chance? That everyone staying back and running just didn't happen to get injured?" He stepped past both Juli and Jordan while she held him back before vanishing as if he was made of black dust and at the same time reappear before Kuroi, "Your pretty good." He extended a hand, "I'll give you that."

He took the mans hand giving it a firm shake, But his body was still riddling with energy just in-case of a surprise attack. Kuroi was put on edge and he was not ready for that, As he let the mans hand go he said " So you guys were the happening of my escape? " He crossed his arms looking over everyone his brow furrowed.

Key looked around and was starting to see a lake up a had she runs forthe lake and starts to drnk from it thats whenshe notice wrist they hade a mark on tham like something chaind her. 'were did i get this' she trys to remaber but when she does her head hurts. she closed her eyes then opend tham again and starts to drink from the water.

Dark was right, taking a few deep breaths to calm himself down, Jordan smiled at the fact that he had protected them without anyone noticing. But . . . remembering the first attack of guards, when Aryn had flew them to safety, there had been TONS of guards, and as far as he knew there was only ONE, Dark. So the question running through his mind was, how strong was Dark, to be able to take care of all those guards by himself? And how strong do I have to get to even compare to him? Right now I'm super weak, aside from my other powers, is there a way to at least get physically stronger? The questions weren't exactly easing his mind, so he just shook them off. Besides if there was a way to get tougher Dark would probably know, especially with all the meditating he does in the darkness. Turning over to Julianne, he smiled, and gave her a simple, "Thanks.", to hopefully reassure her, before he walked off to find somewhere to think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Julianne was dumbfounded at what Dark said. He had been the reason that they were able to get away without much injury before? She admitted that she had not thought much of it, having simply thought of it as either a miracle, luck actually being on their or some higher force pitied them enough to give them that but the fact that Dark had held the guards off made her awestruck. He was more powerful than she had thought and she was very thankful that he was on their side. She finally snapped out of her thoughts when Jordan thanked her then walked away. She bit her lip and looked after him worriedly, she cared for him and could tell that something was bothering him. With the way Dark actually complimented Kuroi, she knew that their fighting wouldn't continue, for now at least so she didn't need to heed them as much attention at the moment.