The Elder Scrolls: Resurgence of the Frost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question and a realization. Question, can Revral double summon creatures, Revelation, Frost Atronach, Shambles, and Storm Atronach will be a lot harder to kill in an RP setting. Conjuration is actually pretty terrifying power to wield when you think about, and imagine the effect it would have on a person mentally to fight someone who could summon demons from another plane, and simultaneously roast your best friend with a single thought.
Imagine the effects of summoning a creature you cannot wholly understand, but control. In fact, how much do you control this being? Imagine the horrour of bringing such a thing up only to have it follow its own agenda for a time. The games use them as slaves that simply vanish when the work is done... But what if upon besting its foe it is left to its own perversions until released. A foolhardy mage or one still new to such magicks could cause quite a bit of mayhem. That said, the mental challenge is probably just as true as for the summoner. Just how long can your sanity remain intact -- or does it chip away with each monstrosity borne by your hand?

Just imagine Constantine (television)'s White Castle.

Imagine the effects of summoning a creature you cannot wholly understand, but control. In fact, how much do you control this being? Imagine the horrour of bringing such a thing up only to have it follow its own agenda for a time. The games use them as slaves that simply vanish when the work is done... But what if upon besting its foe it is left to its own perversions until released. A foolhardy mage or one still new to such magicks could cause quite a bit of mayhem. That said, the mental challenge is probably just as true as for the summoner. Just how long can your sanity remain intact -- or does it chip away with each monstrosity borne by your hand?

That. . . is immensely interesting to think about. While I don't think it would effect Revral as much, given that he's been studying conjuration for over half a millenia, but it could be something to mess with if he's in a poor mental state. He lacks the will to control one of his summons, and it turns on the group. The possibilities are tempting, to ay the least. Also, I see possible confrontation between vampires, with the feeding potions being the source of it.

That. . . is immensely interesting to think about. While I don't think it would effect Revral as much, given that he's been studying conjuration for over half a millenia, but it could be something to mess with if he's in a poor mental state. He lacks the will to control one of his summons, and it turns on the group. The possibilities are tempting, to ay the least. Also, I see possible confrontation between vampires, with the feeding potions being the source of it.
Not only what Pellegrino said, but I highly doubt people understand how hard it is to learn magic. In the game there are Mage Colleges and other institutions that teach people how to use magic. Whenever you're wandering around, you'll sometimes happen upon some poor fool who thought he could just pick up a tome and learn a new spell. Of course, by the time you happen upon them, they've already been burnt to a crisp because the spell backfired.

Casting spells, conjuration especially, taxes your mind heavily. This is why you see mages who've been practicing for years able to cast devastating spells. You'll see in the lorebooks that people are capable of summoning vampiric clouds to sap the enemy army's strength before battle, the Psijics were able to sink an entire Maormer fleet by conjuring up a storm and naval warfare is made extremely potent if the enemy crew has a mage.

The games portray them as slaves, which is true. Pellegrino conveys it very nicely. What you're actually doing is you're pretty much doing what the Jaeger pilots in Pacific Rim would do with each other, kind of. You're using your mind to create a bridge to push your thoughts into that creature's head to make him do what you want. Of course, this creature wasn't just summoned from a vacuum, he was taken from one of the innumerable planes of Oblivion and it is the conjurer's job to make sure his will overpowers the creature's lest the creature gets pissed that it isn't home anymore and kills every strange face around it. These creatures you're summoning are living things with their own lives, their own thoughts, their own feelings and they wouldn't appreciate being snatched away from their loved ones, let alone snatched away at all.

That being said, Revral would know his limits and know that there is a time and a place for pushing his limits and practicing, but the middle of a battle is not that time or place.

Edit: Boy, this post just keeps getting bigger, huh? I just want people to know that, just like the Wu-Tang, magic ain't nothin' to fuck wit'.

It's useful to think of it this way -

Somobro on Reddit's TESlore subreddit said:
This is more my own analogical take on it but I always thought of the use of magic to be akin to our use of experimental physics and chemistry. Sure, everyone can do it, but most have to follow a close set of instructions in order to reproduce difficult and complex experiments (or use scrolls to perform difficult spells without the appropriate skill). The remaining minority have the learning and knowledge to not only recreate experiments (perform spells) but also create their own reactions (create spells). To do the latter takes years of hard work, some semblance of natural intelligence and on top of all that a degree of aptitude to the art. Trying to do difficult experiments at home without proper tools and supervision will result in probable damage to yourself and your surroundings, which is the same for amateurs in nirn attempting to perform spells beyond their ability.

In the end, all our top scientists attend universities where they hone their craft with like-minded peers and well-practiced teachers. They almost always wind up writing books and papers, and some are feared by the ignorant public for their experiments and knowledge, which they feel threatens to go too far and destroy their world, just like in real life (I know a lot of people who are still vehemently anti-hadron collider because it'll create a black hole and kill us all).

tl;dr: Magic is like advanced science, everyone can technically do it but only the naturally intelligent and appropriately inclined attempt to practice it without getting bored or frustrated easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question, could Revral wear some armor under his robe, like chainmail or some of that Vampirie Armor from the Dawnguard DLC?

I have a question, could Revral wear some armor under his robe, like chainmail or some of that Vampirie Armor from the Dawnguard DLC?
It can be assumed that the Vigilants of Stendarr wear chainmail under their robes as well as steel gauntlets and boots, so you can wear chainmail. My character does this, it isn't against the rules. Wearing vampire clothing from the Volkihaar Clan? Your character wasn't inducted into the Volkihaar by being given the gift of pure vampirism or whatever by Harkon, so no.

It can be assumed that the Vigilants of Stendarr wear chainmail under their robes as well as steel gauntlets and boots, so you can wear chainmail. My character does this, it isn't against the rules. Wearing vampire clothing from the Volkihaar Clan? Your character wasn't inducted into the Volkihaar by being given the gift of pure vampirism or whatever by Harkon, so no.
Oh, I didn't think it was exclusive to the Volkihaar Clan, I thought it was just something more general. So chainmail it is.

Oh, I didn't think it was exclusive to the Volkihaar Clan, I thought it was just something more general. So chainmail it is.
Considering that you can find it on normal Vampires all over Skyrim, I assume it is a bit more general...though that raises the issue of why there's some sort of dedicated, universal style for Vampires to wear.

Considering that you can find it on normal Vampires all over Skyrim, I assume it is a bit more general...though that raises the issue of why there's some sort of dedicated, universal style for Vampires to wear.
Because game gimmicks, and you have to admit it's a cool design for armor, or maybe their is some sort of universal vampire culture, cause remember their are vampire ruins as well.

I wonder if upon getting bitten by another vampire, people wake up from their slumber to find a neatly folded set of Standard-Issue Vampire Uniform on their nightstand with a note that says, "U hav bin visitd by da vampirs, if u bit 10 othr ppl u kno nd giv dem notes jus lik dis 1, ur crush wil tk u on aa date if u dnt thn a dawnguard wil vist u nxt tim u go 2slp"

• Love
Reactions: BKenScout
I wonder if upon getting bitten by another vampire, people wake up from their slumber to find a neatly folded set of Standard-Issue Vampire Uniform on their nightstand with a note that says, "U hav bin visitd by da vampirs, if u bit 10 othr ppl u kno nd giv dem notes jus lik dis 1, ur crush wil tk u on aa date if u dnt thn a dawnguard wil vist u nxt tim u go 2slp"
I would assume immortal beings would at least have good grammer skills, they have a milennia to learn so come on. That's just them being lazy.

Because game gimmicks, and you have to admit it's a cool design for armor, or maybe their is some sort of universal vampire culture, cause remember their are vampire ruins as well.
I don't remember these at all.

And each of the countries in Tamriel have their own unique Vampire clans with different powers and practices.

I don't remember these at all.

And each of the countries in Tamriel have their own unique Vampire clans with different powers and practices.
The ruin where you find Serana is a Vampiric ruin, as well as anyother sch places. They mention it in the game that they Archetectural different than Nord ruins that litter skyrim

Why am I still laughing at this? XD

Heyyy, is there still time to do this?

I'm rushing in a last-second bio, if it's still possible.

I'm not sure, but I say go for it while their still time, better safe than sorry

Heyyy, is there still time to do this?

I'm rushing in a last-second bio, if it's still possible.
No rush, you've alerted us to your status, so work on it as best you can and we'll get to it when you submit it.

DUN DUN DUUUUUN.

Cut off time is here!

Well, for new applications. Existing applications and those still in the works will be accepted as notifications dictate.

Time to get my reviewin' boots on.

DUN DUN DUUUUUN.

Cut off time is here!

Well, for new applications. Existing applications and those still in the works will be accepted as notifications dictate.

Time to get my reviewin' boots on.
Lol, posted at 8 PM, exactly. Dervs ain't messin.

Should have mine done later tonight. Sorry for the hold up.

Status
Not open for further replies.