The Elder Scrolls: Resurgence of the Frost

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um excuse me but mine is a metaphor for a hypothetical present that is contingent on choices made in the past. Gawd, if I'm going to write pretentious bullshit I at least expect it to be properly appreciated as such.

Which is to say, I'm really loving all these dream posts. I always like getting more abstract insights into characters.

Dervs and I were circle jerking our egos over our characters and it came up that we really liked the narrative strength of Paints and Juin. I'm really looking forward to see their development throughout the RP.

I was loving Paints' little dream sequences myself. :p But you're wrong, @Mosis Tosis , seeing as I've read some of your work, I feel I've an expert opinion on what it means and it is certainly a foreshadowing technique using a metaphorical past in order to show the endless cycle of history's inevitable repetition. Therefore, it can't be a hypothetical present nor can it be based simply on decisions of the past. Obviously, in this situation, you are Ray Bradbury, simply too caught up in yourself to remember why you originally stated something. You're simply trying to say that your metaphor is anything but what other people say it is, you're clearly wrong.

God, learn to read your own writing. DUH.

I was loving Paints' little dream sequences myself. :p But you're wrong, @Mosis Tosis , seeing as I've read some of your work, I feel I've an expert opinion on what it means and it is certainly a foreshadowing technique using a metaphorical past in order to show the endless cycle of history's inevitable repetition. Therefore, it can't be a hypothetical present nor can it be based simply on decisions of the past. Obviously, in this situation, you are Ray Bradbury, simply too caught up in yourself to remember why you originally stated something. You're simply trying to say that your metaphor is anything but what other people say it is, you're clearly wrong.

That sentence had too many syllables. APOLOGIZE.

I wasn't aware we were competing for the flannel, thick rimmed ray bans, and decemberists discography.

Reactions: Mosis Tosis

You tryin to out-pretentious me, brah? You'd better step off.

I wasn't aware we were competing for the flannel, thick rimmed ray bans, and decemberists discography.

As an avid flannel-wearer and Decemberists fan, I think I've got this one in the bag.

I've had Carolina Low on repeat since last week and I'm pretty sure if you handed me an acoustic guitar I could still remember how to play half their songs.

I also wear prescription thick rimmed glasses which kind of deducts points because I'm not wearing them to be pretentious, just not blind.

And Scout, you never posted a dream sequence, so...

I've had Carolina Low on repeat since last week and I'm pretty sure if you handed me an acoustic guitar I could still remember how to play half their songs.

I also wear prescription thick rimmed glasses which kind of deducts points because I'm not wearing them to be pretentious, just not blind.

That's because my job is to interpret them, not write them myself.

YEAH BUT WHERE'S YOUR FLANNEL BRO.

On a sidenote, what did you think about their most recent album? Besides a few songs (like Carolina Low and The Wrong Year) I thought it was kind of meh. Too long, and way too samey for a band that's usually good at experimentation and weirdness.

APPALACHIA OR DIE

MIDWEST MIDWEST MIDWE- aaaaaaaah who am I kidding.

Fuck Nightmares. Just going straight to sleep and waking up. Probably should talk to the Quaestor first though.
I think I'll pass on a nightmare sequence as well, I think I've hamfisted enough exposition down everyone's throat for now plus he's been actively not sleeping anyway. It makes more sense he went back to collect his things so that's where he'll be until we address the Jarl.

Hey, Cairo, that's spelled "Calamari" not... "Cairomaru" ... Learn Engrish before you start roleplaying in it! D8< ;) Jk, welcome aboard! I just passed you my Titanic ticket is all c:

just posting it up now, history will be done soon!

Name: Qara'Sion IV

Race: Khajiit

Family Origins: Born in Elswyr to a large khajiit family, Qara'Sion is the second youngest child of his six siblings, bearing the name of the mer who started the generations of his bloodline's caravan.

Appearance: Orange fur with white stripes and markings. Black dreadlocks which reaches down to his lower back. His mane surrounds his jaw line like a lion's. Wears four earrings in his left ear and one on his right. Suffers from heterochromia, having a one gold eye and one green eye; a dominate genetic he shares with his siblings and mother. Stands at 5'7 and is a bit skinny, even for a Khajiit.

Equipment: Fine coat, Fine boots, and an iron dagger for self defense.

Miscellanea: A large coin purse.
Favored Skills:
Highly Proficient skill: Illusion.
Moderately Proficient skill:
Speech
Conjuration
Restoration
Somewhat proficient skill: Alteration, Enchanting, Sneak

Character Background:
Born in Elswyr as the second youngest of seven siblings; five girls and two boys. His parents were successful traveling merchants, thieves, and his mother specifically, an assassin. His older brother; the eldest child was similar to his mother in that aspect being more capable than his siblings. His sisters were very competent in thievery and treasure hunting, usually finding or stealing items from the many places they would travel which the family would sell successfully given it was worth a "decent" amount.

Unfortunately Qara'Sion didn't share many of his family's more dominative traits in terms of said capability. Or even traits Khajiits would be thought of to be good at. He wasn't able to be affective in combative situations, nor was he very good at being a thief. The last day he spent with his family traveling skyrim ,he botched up a thieving attempt on an unsuspecting traveler, his mother made the decision to outcast him from his family, even at the age of thirteen because he was nothing more than a burden. She stated that by midnight of that same day, he was to leave off on his own and not to come back until he could actually become useful from her own words. His father appeared as if he had no opinion even though Qara'Sion's siblings disagreed. This made no difference as their parents were the head of the family, so there wasn't anything they could do, as they believed his siblings as well as parents all followed the tradition to weed out the worthless.

On that night right before Qara'Sion was to set out, his siblings gave him a set of books, illusion spell books to be precise. His siblings knew he wasn't good at combat, but he needed a real way to avoid it as he wouldn't be able to survive to train himself to become stronger and return to them. No choice, if he was to survive, he would have to study the spell.... and quickly.

It was difficult for him to survive attacks from all kinds of beings traveling alone, but he soon learned he could have a knack at the magical arts when two bandits tried to mug him the very same night he was outcasted. Casting his first spell on both of the bandits, from the first tome he received in his hands from his brother, he turned the bandits against each other and forced them to kill one another. He was in shock, complete and total shock that he actually managed to do something right, feeling confident that he could survive on his own and return to his family one day. He felt capable of something. It wasn't above or below his family to turn "dirty tricks" to say the least into the most effective weapon, and learning something new so easily for once felt great to him.

However over the next few years, he quickly found himself not feeling as happy or confident the day he was attacked for the first time for sure. In Skyrim, it seemed like everything and it's mother wanted him to be killed and turned into a rug, or to go out of his way and do favors for who ever when he didn't really want to. But he had to in order to live. Most of the favors were more along the lines of what people expect Khajiits to be able to do, which he couldn't. He screwed up a few times being stealthy and the like but somehow managed to get the job done and live another day. This was usually solved by talking his way out of dangerous scenarios if he could which did end up teaching him a few things of the art of speech, including how to remove the accent most Khajiit's have. Didn't know why, but people were more inclined to trust him for being different than the stereotype. It even ended up with him learning how to trick someone of nobility out of a fur-trimmed cloak. Granted the person was stupid enough to get tricked by him, but it worked.
Qara'Sion also found himself getting dragged into all kinds of situations that had almost nothing to do with him. Best example of this was when he was attempting to travel to whiterun quite a long distance. On his way, he witnessed a group of bandits and orcs fighting each other nearby a mine with the orcs being outnumbered. It was the easiest path for him to travel and as long as the khajiit wasn't noticed by either parties, he could get away without being a target and make it to a safer destination to immediately dash away and leave the fight to those who it belonged to. He thought he accomplished to sneak away unnoticed when one of the bandit's rangers spotted him and attempted to attack. He didn't nor would ever find out why he was attacked, assumed he was going to sneak attack and said bandit was a bit twitchy just from the look in his eyes; possibly in the skooma God's willing that Qara'Sion could remember. One thing lead to another and he ended up helping the orcs kill their enemies since they weren't attacking Qara'Sion but the bandits were. He had no choice but to fight since he chose the lazy way out and tried to sneak by the battle to begin with. Using his magic to heal them and force the bandits to harm each other . This ended up benefiting the Khajiit, turning out that the bandits were trying to steal the mines from them. He was then made Blood-Kin for helping out although at first a blade or two were pointed at him due to illusion magic being frowned upon, even if it was an unintentional battle. This also allowed him to make trades between the orc strongholds to other places, which lead to more money, and even a temporary home to stay if need be. He was successful, and that was good enough.
He did acknowledge after a few years of traveling, that after awhile, he wasn't becoming as adapt enough as he wanted to be when he was attempting more…dangerous favors people wanted of him. Qara'Sion eventually did meet his brother by chance on a travel to trade from town to town as well as his eldest sister and fourth oldest sister. Although his brother didn't disclose information to him, as far as Qara'Sion knew, he was well but hasn't heard from their three other siblings, or their parents who raised them. As far as the khajiit knew, something happened when he was outcasted and the tradition ended. Even though he tried so hard to keep it alive.

But he did find something he was capable at, and wanted to become better to be… acceptable. Qara'Sion traveled to the College of Winterhold to strengthen that capability.
One night after staying for two years at the college, he couldn't fall asleep, maybe he was ill which made him delirious or he's finally lost it… either or, sleep would not welcome him. The khajiit tossed and turned and slammed the pillow on his head just to try anything to fall asleep. But he couldn't. He had dreams of his family for sure, but as of recent, he consistently had a nightmare he couldn't remember. It was the same one, he knew for sure, but just couldn't bloody remember what it was exactly. Maybe it was too much talk about things going on near the college? He didn't know. But he did know he couldn't stay asleep.

And because of that, he heard footsteps outside his door, as well as a tad bit of shouting. Rolling out of his bed, he opened the door to his room slightly to see Markain leave on his own, one of the older mages who he looked to for help when it came to alteration magic. Strolling out at this time was strange… but then again, his reoccurring dream was strange as well. Maybe curiosity got the best of him, or he really was that delirious and just threw caution to the wind, but Qara'Sion decided to follow Markain. Tossing on his coat which reached down to his shins in length, he stepped outside his room.
"Besides, the rumors spreading couldn't be true right? I could use a bit of traveling time…."

Fighting Style: Qara'Sion always tries to avoid combat when possible. He can react quickly to most situations but would prefer to run than fight. If forced to, the khajiit will try to be crafty and use more unconventional methods to throw off his opponent for him to live another day. He prefers to be supportive in a group bout; hindering his enemies and strengthening his allies but his main form of actual fighting is conjuring summons to be a shield or distraction for him.

Personality: Qara'Sion is trustworthy (Or well tries to gain others trust, but is a tad difficult to gain his own). Has very good mannerisms. He is however, sarcastic and easy to freak out, whether it is a dangerous situation or a weird one. He can also be a little bit hot-headed but it's just one of his quirks he shares with one of his sisters. Can be a bit mischievous and sometimes unmotivated unless he has to accomplish his goal.

Font Colour: (Green isn't in use right?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.