The Elder Scrolls: Resurgence of the Frost

Status
Not open for further replies.
redid CS:
Name: Ja' Kiefer

Race: Khajiit (Cathay)

Family Origins: Anvil, Cyrodiil, later migrated to Whiterun Hold Outskirts, Skyrim.

Appearance: A detailed description of what your character looks like and a picture or screenshot, if possible. Please, for the love of The Nine, no anime. The more people have to reference, the better if is for role playing purposes.

nRZn-0q8iKw.jpg

Equipment:
x 4 Throwing Knives (pocketed)
x 1 Hunting Bow
x 24 Steel Arrows
x2 Throwing axes
x1 fur armor

Miscellanea:
x2 Steel Ingots
x8 Spiced Beef
x4 Apples
x1 Assorted Cheeses
x3 Health Potions
x1 Major Health Potion
x3 Stamina Potions
x1 Major Stamina Potion
x1 Wine
x1 Bedroll
( all are kept in either pouches across his armor, or a sling pack that goes across his shoulder)
NOTE: Please keep track of your inventory use!

Favored Skills:
Major Skills:
+Alchemy
+Archery? (wherever 'throwing knives' would best fit into
Moderate Skills:
+Smithing
+Lockpicking
Character Background:

Ja'Kiefer started out his life in a litter of 7 of a pretty rich Khajiit shipping family in Anvil, allowing him to become educated. Life with his family was great, although, pretty hectic, with three whole litters of kids going around getting things done.
The family, even though pretty rich, couldn't pay for everyone to get educated, so those who weren't doing well are cut of and work for the family, managing the ships to make sure the gold keeps flowing.
Thank the Nine Ja'Kiefer was one of the more intelligent children, although he wasn't the smartest, He still managed to be taught all the way until the age of 14, since he learned little to no knowledge of sorcery or anything useful with the brain. Instead, he put that brain to use designing buildings and tinging his fur with alchemy.
He was given the job to deal with moving and storing the shipping materials within the cargo hold.
He mainly did this task alone, as none of his brothers and sisters can take his crazy actions and attitudes. Instead, a few of the kinder sailors and shippers helped out, they ended up sharing similar interests and told great stories, one even taught him the basics of throwing knives and even axes, which he thought was a pretty cool method of killing people.

The ship he was on took the route to the Imperial City, in which he met the love of his life, the only female who tolerated him and, in fact, enjoyed his company. She was an Imperial named Madera.

He increasingly grew more and more angry with his family because he thought he wasn't getting enough love and attention for his work and benefaction toward his family, despite the fact that they do love him, and hold conversations and give their love to him.
Eventually, his ego had gotten the best of him. He had enough of being ignored, and working on a ship, so, the next time they arrived at the Imperial City, he went to Madera, and told her how he felt, and that he wanted to leave this city life and pursue dreams and such. Madera, although slightly taken aback by his response, agreed under the condition that they both moved Northward to Skyrim.

He had never traveled to another Province before. The trek was pretty dangerous, and quite a bit of things happened along that 5 day journey, as they finally made their way to their destination, Whiterun, they would have a new start, together, he also made quick friends with her friends up here in skyrim, as they held personalities similar to that of the sailors he'd spend time with in the cargo hold.

There were Seven of them in total, Ja 'Kiefer included. Nobody wanted to stay in the town, not with the new Imperial reign over them. No, instead, they trekked a bit further to find the long-since abandoned and ruined Valtheim Towers. and scavenge out from this place a home of their own, But Ja 'Kiefer wasn't satisfied, he wanted to build things! So, he pulled out plans to renovate the Towers just a bit and turn it into more appealing place to live in.
They took years turning the ruined towers into a keep of their own, and spent almost all of their coin and resources trying to make it AND support themselves. Thus, with poverty, became superstitions on where the coin went, and with superstition, came arguments, people pointing fingers at each other. Ja' Kiefer was blamed mainly for his expensive building plans, and the fact that he seems to hog quite a bit of beef to himself.
The arguments got pretty harsh, and violent, they became a whole bunch of angry kids living as far apart as they could. This was about a 4 month period, in which, it was during this time when Ja 'Kiefer dedicated his life to combat and hunting, making good use of his long-range and hunting skills, as well as dabbling in other various activities.

But the desolation and lonliness finally got to his head, he couldn't take all this arguing and sadness any longer! He simply stated in a small journal that; "Dearest Madera, to make it all up, I'll finally have the bravery and maturity you always wanted me to have, and the coin to bring us all together! I'm going on this expedition to a very cold place, Winterhold. I'm going to make a living there by going into the college, earn some coin working and learning there, and finally come home with a lot of wealth! You may think I abandoned you, but don't worry, I'll come back! When I do we can talk all about how many different berries I found there! Don't be angry anymore, I still liked all of you.

Do you still like me?"

Fighting Style: Ja'Kiefer dislikes getting up close for combat as he is pretty weak in terms of strength, so he he stays back and jams as many sharp, metal things as he can into his enemy until they fall down, either by bow or by hand. Basically, he's the support ranged guy.
He's fairly accurate, and has some alright training with shooting and throwing, but he's not the masterfully skilled person like he hoped he would be. He won't be disabling or killing enemies in one hit.

Personality: Ja' Kiefer's a friendly, optimistic, bright, yet reserved young man. He can make a great friend, and cheer you right up! However, one will need to have a lot of patience to be friends with him, because he's also, Eccentric, over-emotional, and really, REALLY strange.

Ja' Kiefer is only ever interested in three things, one may call him obsessed on the subjects, but they are Throwing Knives, Buildings, and Beef. It is unknown why this is.

Ja'Kiefer recently turned his back onto society and started a more seclusive, isolated life with his lover, Madera, and a few friends, he joined the expedition because it was his turn to get the coin...and to get away from some grief.

He builds things and enhances his ranged skills as a favorite pastime.

Font Colour: AMBER

Last edited:
Would Dervish like to post a reply to Markain? Still waiting for the collab and we can get one conversation finished and out of the way while some of our newcomers work on sheets and intros.

Collab's up. Took a bit of time and extenuating circumstances caused a bit of trouble, but it was still a fun little way to get our characters acquainted. Sorry if we held anything up.

Collab's up. Took a bit of time and extenuating circumstances caused a bit of trouble, but it was still a fun little way to get our characters acquainted. Sorry if we held anything up.

No need. Hardly doing any damage to the RP. I'll read it when I'm not busy.

Would Dervish like to post a reply to Markain? Still waiting for the collab and we can get one conversation finished and out of the way while some of our newcomers work on sheets and intros.
NO YOU FLACCID DONG WRANGLER, I WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT DO SUCH A PREPOSTEROUS THING.

I'll get on it in a few minutes or something.

Also, everyone say hi to Library Cat. He's adding to the reason we all have allergies.

Held anything up...

Oh god, who did you rob?

Roster updated and game status is set to closed, pending final sheets. All you returning vets get your updated sheets done as soon as possible for approval, but we will be moving the game along now because we have the 3 players we picked up from recruitment.

On a totally unrelated topic, you guys totally need to get Guns of Icarus so we can make a brave team of airship combatants.

onM9KmJ.jpg

Here, Sundered Echo, brave captain of the Illustrious, found victory against the Red scum with me as his chief engineer. Why is he a woman? We may never know.

udgYvYy.jpg

So I took to the helm of my own ship the very next day, the mighty Sky Moose, a Junker of ill repair, and bravely faced off with adversaries so green they didn't even name their bloody ships. Gatling fire and mortars were the order of the day, and we overcame our adversaries in each and every battle, the hull barely worse for wear.

gtqr1wr.jpg

And here my commendable old friend Vulkan and I stand triumphant over the dunes, myself taking in the scent of burning fumes, spent cordite, and that unmistakable breeze of puncture holes and escaping helium. I am sure Heisenberg and Jesse, who were kind enough to join us on this venture, enjoyed Fixing Good for a change.

So what say you, brave souls? Care to sign on under a real captain? Sunny D and I await your signed contracts and wavers disavowing us from responsibility if we are shot down in a blaze of glory and lay in a destroyed heap, stranded in the wilderness many leagues from anything remotely civilized.

Working on a movealong post as we speak. And great adventures, Dervs.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Dervish
I'm glad I could get in one last post of establishing Markain's Sociopathic Genre Savvy Tendencies.

Also, Librarian Cat, sorry if this throws a wrench in your works, but just edit your intro post accordingly with the events of the movealong post. Every person who's thrown in their sheet or just poked in their head to say they've caught wind of us and are working on a sheet are assumed to have followed the volunteers out of the tavern and back to camp.

This shouldn't be a big monumental change but I figured I should give you a heads-up.

I left a message on his wall. I'll give him until Friday to get a post up or I'll move him to inactive with another week before being removed.

intro post coming up tonight

Also, Librarian Cat, sorry if this throws a wrench in your works, but just edit your intro post accordingly with the events of the movealong post. Every person who's thrown in their sheet or just poked in their head to say they've caught wind of us and are working on a sheet are assumed to have followed the volunteers out of the tavern and back to camp.

This shouldn't be a big monumental change but I figured I should give you a heads-up.
thanks

Everyone else was doing wacky dream posts and since I'm crazy about that sort of thing I decided I'd better join in. We moving on to meet the Jarl pretty soon or we hanging around camp for a while?

After everyone's providing metaphors for their pasts in the form of nightmares we're moving on to see the Jarl.

Fuck Nightmares. Just going straight to sleep and waking up. Probably should talk to the Quaestor first though.

Fuck Nightmares. Just going straight to sleep and waking up. Probably should talk to the Quaestor first though.
I made a point of having the Quaestor be right in front of everyone gathered just for you and everyone else. Also had it that most of the townspeople followed the volunteers out, seeing as "most of the townspeople" would encompass those characters who have yet to intro or even drop a sheet.

After everyone's providing metaphors for their pasts in the form of nightmares we're moving on to see the Jarl.
Um excuse me but mine is a metaphor for a hypothetical present that is contingent on choices made in the past. Gawd, if I'm going to write pretentious bullshit I at least expect it to be properly appreciated as such.

Which is to say, I'm really loving all these dream posts. I always like getting more abstract insights into characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.