The Elder Invasion: CHAPTER 3 - Anirune Forest

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Anirune Forest - CHAPTER 3

Obskeree woke up to a pain in her back.

Wriggling a little, she freed her wing from where it was being pressed under Jack's thumb. He barely noticed, lost in a worried train of thought.

She looked around from her vantage point in his hand to see herself in a prison. People stood around in the gloom, and the air of uneasiness and irritation was thick. Singing filled her ears and, faintly, she overheard a man talking -

"Alright then," he was saying, "I'm Doctor Grant..."

What, in the name of the angel King himself, had happened?!

"Mr Jack," she uttered, clambering out of his grip, "Let go!" He loosened his grip on her slightly, brought out of his thoughts. She huffed, disgruntled and confused, before making a bid for freedom away from his person.

Unfortunately, the momentum propelled her straight into the back of the man speaking, just as he finished his sentence.

"Oof!" She hit the ground. "Ow."

Obskeree wakes up and forces her way out of Jack's hand only to soar accidentally into Doctor Grant's back.

"Yes Feral, it IS annoying here," Faramond thought as he leaned against the wall, "But here is not as annoying as it is out there, trust me."

Faramond looked around the entire room and saw the prisoners either arguing, singing, being asked to sing, or singing inside their heads. Basically, either bored or worried out of their wits. He thought that perhaps, the plot is waiting for something to happen. But isn't it the plot that moves things around? What could the plot possibly be waiting for?

He looked back at where megane-kun slept, "Not you?"

"Possibly not you..." he thought, unaware that megane-kun was no longer there.

----------------------------------------​

Megane-kun woke up in the middle of a long and empty corridor lined with identical doors. There was some signs above the doors, but aside from the numbers, he couldn't possibly read them.

Looking upon the window to his right side, thought he saw a sakura tree in full bloom, but there was none, for there were only broken windows and darkness out there.

Alone, in that long and empty corridor, megane-kun walked, as if led by some feeling that he would eventually arrive somewhere he should be in. And at the end of that long corridor, voices can be heard. Bickering voices, and one loud voice that was both annoying and powerful at the same time.

"Should I be there?" megane-kun asked himself.

"I guess, it's better than having to stay in this corridor at any rate," the answer came almost immediately.

"Hi," megane-kun peeked inside the room and saw Feral, "Feral? Good to see you here. I seem to have lost Faramond, you know where he could be?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
summary:
unknown to faramond, megane-kun sleepwalked and ended up in the corridor leading to the control room. upon waking up, megane-kun walked to the control room and there, he saw feral. he asked feral for faramond's whereabouts.

"Hissss!" Feral leapt up onto the console, his fur rising and his fangs barred.

"Hey, it's Megane!" said one of the Negative Legion, drawing everyone's attention to the side entrance where Megane stood.

"Oh right, is he back now?" said another, dumbly.

"Ooh," smiled Grace, "He must still be sleepwalking."

Megane stared at the Negative Legion.

Feral stared at Megane.

The Neagtive Legion stared at Feral.

Megane stared at Grace.

"YEEEEARGH!!!" screamed Feral, picking up his umbrella and leaping psychotically from the console.

"Hey, whut--" started Megane, but then he was cut short as Feral smacked him with the umbrella. "OW!" He fell over and Feral struck him again.

"DIE!" WHACK! "YOU!" WHACK! "MISERABLE!" WHACK! "BASTARD!" WHACK!

"Ow! OW!"

Feral suddenly stopped mid-swing and looked up and he realised the entire Negative Legion were frowning at him. With the umbrella held above his head, he hesitated, "Er...." He suddenly smiled. "He was infected by the Mods - I had to knock him out. See - you can tell by the slanty eyes." He lifted up the half-conscious Megane's head and showed them his eyes. "Definite Mod-infection." He dropped Megane back on the ground.

"Wait, I'm confused again..." murmured another cultist, "Who's in charge?"

"I'M IN CHARGE!" screeched Feral, wiping some of the blood from his umbrella. "Right, chain him up."

"Who?"

"MEGANE! WHO DO YOU FUCKING THINK?!!"

"Oh, okay. I can do that, I think..."

A few of the cultists came forward and picked up the man, dragging him to one of the cave walls where some old bondage chains from the days of the Mature Tower were still attached. They slapped the mannacles around Megane's arms and legs then left him pinned against the wall, barely conscious.

"I guess he got out, huh?" asked another cultist.

Feral facepalmed, slowly. "Clearly so. He still knows the password, at least at a subconscious level, so the field accepted his genetic signature."

Everyone stared at him blankly.

"You three!" he pointed at the three imbeciles who had chained up Megane. "Get up top and make sure the clearing is ready for our Elder guest. The Spider needs to be able to find us."

"Should we put up a sign?"

Feral glared at the man. "What...?"

"Y'know, like a welcome sign. We could say 'Hi.' Wait... what's Elderish for 'Hi'?"

"Get out."

The three cultists eventually took the hint and shuffled off, grabbing their headtorches and leaving Feral to stand and peer at the chained Megane. He could still remember clearly that day, five years ago, when he hit this guy with a branch and pushed him over the waterfall out back. How could someone survive something like that? Especially a chump like Megane? It was just Feral's luck. The universe was out to get him - he could feel it. Everyone he knew and loved was waiting for the chance to hurt him. But he didn't care. He'd have his revenge on all of them... one day.

He wondered if Megane's penis was as...

No... he dismissed the thought and turned around, moving past Grace to grab the console mike. He turned it on quickly, yelling over the top of Acquariana's singing.

"ALRIGHT YOU PRICKS, I'VE GOT YOUR PRECIOUS MEGANE-KUN! STOP THAT SINGING SHIT RIGHT NOW OR I'LL START REMOVING PARTS! DON'T THINK I WON'T!!"

[SUMMARY: Feral beats Megane unconscious with the FYA Umbrella then chains him up and glances at his penis. He then tells the heroes that he's got Megane hostage and will start calling him names if they don't behave themselves.]

Megane-kun found himself bruised and chained to a dungeon wall in one of the recesses, or caves, inside the control room. Megane-kun mused at the thought of a control room containing chains and all, but that's not his main concern.

"I wonder if it's wrong asking Feral for directions.... I mean, he should just have told me he didn't know, geez!" megane-kun thought, and smiled.

"Now, I have no other choice but to wait, eh?"

"ALRIGHT YOU PRICKS, I'VE GOT YOUR PRECIOUS MEGANE-KUN! STOP THAT SINGING SHIT RIGHT NOW OR I'LL START REMOVING PARTS! DON'T THINK I WON'T!!" Feral's voice thundered towards the microphone.

"What now again?!" Megane-kun asked, "And why would you think they would stop singing just because you captured me? Besides, I don't hear any singing...."

Megane-kun tried to scratch his chin but he couldn't. The loud rattling of chains that the attempt caused made the itch even stronger. Sighing, megane-kun stopped trying.

"Also, I don't quite understand this, I asked you where Faramond was, but then you went ahead and chained me here. You could have simply said 'No, I don't know', can't you?" megane-kun went on.

"WHAT NOW?!"

Faramond turned towards the speaker located near him so fast he could have had a whiplash.

"But megane-kun is just sleeping..." Faramond rushed over to where megane-kun slept, "... here."

"BUT HE WAS JUST SLEEPING HERE!!" Faramond yelled, much to the surprise of everyone in the room.

"Myrn! You saw megane-kun, err, my companion here. Right? He was just sleeping beside me earlier" Faramond said as he went near Myrnodyn.

"He was just sleeping there and now he's gone," Faramond said, softer this time, "Why?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
summary:

megane-kun was surprised when he heard feral's announcement.

faramond was shocked to know that megane-kun got out of the dungeon and is now missing. he went to myrnodyn to confirm that indeed, megane-kun was there with them eariler.

Musical Score: Ravenous - Arch Enemy

Caverns below mature tower

Scorpions, spiders and other small cavern dwelling creatures skittered about in the darkness, going about their nocturnal business, devouring each other and spawning new generations as they had since the caverns were abandoned.

one particularly large Scorpion had been lying in wait for prey when it had detected a fait thumping on the ground, it had crawled closer, and as the thumping grew louder it raised its tail defensively.
It drew closer and closer, the thuming growing ever louder but the rythum never changing.
LUB-DUB, LUB-DUB, LUB-DUB
The scorpion felt that it was now almost close enough to strike its the source of the nosie, and the thumping had reached a crecendo, it opened its claws jsut as it felt the air pressure change above it, then, overwheling pain followed by nothing as darkness took it.

The figure dropped the rock it had used to crush the scorpion, rising from its prone position on the floor before moving onwards, deeper into the tunnel.

Feral turned from the mic as he heard a tremendous crash, something that sounded like a wall being knocked down and he scowled at the negative legion members louging about
CHECK IT OUT YOU LAZY STUPID INGRATE FUCKS! he half screamed half squealed and several of the negatives shuffled off to obey.

The negative had found the broken down wall, and it seemed to lead to a series of old Tunnels that hadn't seen use in eighteen years

Tegan's glowing eyes glanced the singing Acqua and the panicking Faramond; more noise and provided by Feral himself over the mic. The occupants of the room were beginning to get restless, the situation quickly devolving to complete chaos.

Perfect.

"That's very good," she assured Grant, keeping her composure despite the growing agitation around her. "Start making explosions, then," she motioned to Palonis and Grant, then to those behind her. "Get the others to join, too. Just flash, no substance. Attack the walls."

She noticed the incredulous looks the two gave her, and assured them. "I know it won't do anything, but trust me. What else have we got to lose?"

Briefing Room
Imperial Battlecruiser Yellowjacket

"I want everyone to see this."

A flat holographic screen forms over the sensor map viewer at the center of the room. The screen fizzes and ripples in the process; within seconds, the displayed content becomes clear: a recording of events that took place near the RRD's crash site, from the viewpoint of a communications craft in high orbit.

"Monitoring all activity within several miles of the RRD, we spotted a separate group that appeared to be scavenging the area for spare parts..." The Commander stated. He panned the view of the sensor recording to see another crash site, albeit an older one. "Here we have another crash site that's been around for a longer time. From records of previous comms craft sweeps, this derelict is crashed directly on the site of what used to be a tower."

The Commander takes out his baton, and switches the recording's display mode to thermal vision. He points his baton to the supposed location of the crash site. "This separate group arrived here and vanished some time after arrival, at which point we can see here a massive energy signature surrounding this old crash site."

The soldiers and crewmen in the room started to whisper and discuss the issue to each other, at which point the Commander spoke again. "Now, I know some of you think that we're already doing too much here. The group that broke off may have been the best chance those survivors at the RRD had, from the looks of it. We have to see what happened down there, and if we can find those missing people, we'll have to pull them out."

The Commander takes hold of a holo-tablet from the nearest table and reads the contents. "Judging from intel's assessment of the situation, no less than a battalion will suffice. We need to keep a low profile lest we attract those outsiders in large numbers..."

"Sir, we are being hailed. The 115th Landing Fleet is here to reinforce our numbers." One crewman ran and announced to the Commander.

"Their timing couldn't have been better! Call for the Captain," the Commander replied.

-----------------------------

Hangar Bay 1
Imperial Battlecruiser Yellowjacket

The good Captain was tending to the damage incurred to his vehicle. Lifting a hatch door, he leapt, zero gravity guiding him to his intended destination. Just as he sat to weld the cockpit hatch whole, a voice called out his name.

A call for help.

Nic landed just a few feet away from his damaged tank, his eyes fixed on the Sergeant and a squad of Imperial Marines standing in front of him.

"Sergeant Hinterland, Tonat 9th, Company Delta. Good to have you here, Captain." The two shook hands without a second thought. "Orders from Bridge. You're needed for another mission down there." The Sergeant handed Nic a holo-tablet, which Nic accepts readily and reads.

After reading the contents, Nic's eyes narrowed as he faced Sergeant Hinterland. "That's nice, ain't it..."

-----------------------------

SUMMARY: The Teknikans notice that something is not right and plan to go down to Iwaku again. Coming up: Guerilla Tactics!

bucket_6o5228-1.jpg

Soft foosteps carried a swaying form of a lanky build down the corridors. The form's head swayed slightly to the left, and then to the right as if in tune to some invisible metronome that only it could witness. The purple haze above filled it's eyes, and so the lanky figure continued towards it. The soft light begins growing stronger, and soon Jumi stood before the field of binary code, and electricity. Through his mask he could see a group of others on the other side. Moving closer he places his hands on the field, and is immediately hit with a controled jolt of electricity that surges through his body, and forces his eyes to light up to a viridian color, while sparks shoot out from around the bucket on his head.

As his limbs begin to spasm, his head begins thrashing about violently until a bolt of electrcity shoots from the barrier, and hits him directly in the chest, launching him across the hall and into the wall behind him where he hits with a wet thwack, and then crumbles to the groung, his whilte guitars sliding across the ground.

After a moment the lanky mass begins to stir, it's blue jumpsuit is charred with black, and there is a strong scent of sulfur. Pushing itself up from the ground with shivering arms, Jumi manages to sit up, and lean against the wall, the expressionless mask on his face did much to hide his surprise. Tilting his head to look at the rest of the group on the otherside of the field, Jumi reached for a guitar, and brought it close to his face. One hand pointed to the field, and into his guitar pickup he spoke "Zzzzzzzz!" then he lowered his guitar, and brought both hands together before making them split apart quickly like an explosion.

His chest then becan rocking back and forth as if he were laughing, but no sound came from him, he then slapped his knee adding to the thought, and then began twitching again as another jolt of dormant electricity surged through his body again.

Summary: Jumi winds up near the rest of the group trying to solve the password field, however he's on the opposite side, and after being drawn to the pretty purple light he gets eletrocuted. After words he tries using signals with his hands, and his guitar to warn them of the charge it has, if they already didn't know... he then continues spasming.

"The girl's right." Jack said, standing himself up, using the wall as support. "I'm sorry Obskeree, got lost in my thoughts there." He motioned a hand at the small fairy who now sat on the floor behind Grant. Normally he would have rushed to see if she was ok, and he was fighting the urge now, but it seemed stupid for some reason, and he didn't want to annoy her more.

"What are you talking about?" Palonis asked, looking at the younger man.

"Oh come on Pal, surely you can figure it out! Look at who we've got here!" He motioned to the people sitting around the room. "You, Grant, Myrn.. And you..." he pointed at Tegan, his hand bobbing a bit as he did so, as though he was thinking "I think you're gonna be important, yeah. You have to realise that it's not gonna just let you rot here, though nothing gonna happen if you do nothing."

He looked at the blank faces of the spectators and sighed "Look, we're gonna get out of here, or the story doesn't make sense, but just sitting around doesn't make for a good tale so we'd better watch out that our story doesn't just get thrown in the bin.

"This isn't some little kid's story book" A gruff voice sounded, Uriel, wasn't impressed by the speech.

"No! you're right!" Jack called out, a slightly wild grin appearring on his face as he pointed at the necromancer "It's a huge epic novel! in many parts! With several sagas! And probably a bad movie! and maybe even a tv spinoff! And that's why it's worth making sure this story continues!" He then turned to Tegan a ball of flame appearing in his hand.

"I like the way you think miss! What was your name?" He said politely before he threw the fireball at the wall.

[Jack agrees with Tegan's idea and babbles about stories and why they must do what Tegan says]

"It's just weird that you'd hit me with that flimsy of a reason anyways," megane-kun went on, to himself.

Megane-kun looked at Feral, and then at Grace and to the others inside the control room. "Why would he be angry with me? I couldn't even remember anything that I did to him that would warrant this."

"I couldn't remember...."

As megane-kun searched for a plausible explanation behind Feral's actions, he caught a glance at the mark sewn in the clothes of a legion member. "... That symbol seems familiar, I just don't know why," he thought.

And then a realization. "Is this what Grace wanted me for? I still don't get it, but...."

Megane-kun started to feel chilly inside, as if his blood suddenly turned to ice.

"Nah, I think I Feral owes me an explanation," he told himself, "I think I already have an inkling of what happened, but, still."

"Feral," megane-kun began, in a voice he never knew he had, "what is happening to our group?"

summary:
as he thought of a reason behind feral's strange behaviour, megane-kun stumbled onto his lost memories.

During Porg's speech, Tegan noticed a strange being on the other side of the wall. His body was spasming and convulsing from some unseen force. Though his mannerisms were strange, she got the just of what he was trying to say.

"Right. . . So no one touch the walls."

A lance of light began to form in her hands, going from yellow, to purple, to white.

"It's Tegan."

Tegan hurled the burning lance at the wall, and just before it could make contact, it exploded in an impressive array of light shards. It looked more impressive than it actually was.

"You said your name as Porg, yes?"

Just needed a few more to go, then she could move on to the finale.

"SHUT UP!" snapped Feral, glaring over his shoulder at Megane, then at Grace, then at the Negative Legion members still lounging on the couches. He went back to watching the control room, muttering to himself, as if trying to work something out.

Luckily, the power flickered slightly as the Password Field fried someone in the lower levels. The sound seemed to come from the same place as the suspected cave-in earlier. And this gave Feral the perfect excuse.

"Right, ALL of you! Go check out those noises! Something's wrong the field - it's causing cave-ins or something."

The Cultists looked up from their books and video games, staring blankly. "Huh...?"

"IT'S NOT THAT FUCKING COMPLICATED!" screeched Feral, "I GIVE YOU AN ORDER - YOU FOLLOW IT!"

Some the cultists started reflecting on this. "Hmm, I wonder why he's so upset. Maybe's it's something I said..."

"GET OUT!" yelled Feral, driving them all from the sofas and hitting them with his umbrella. "OUT! OUT! GET OUT!"

The Negative Legion finally consented to take some positive action and all hurried out into the corridors, heading down the tower stairs to find out what Jumi and Warmaster Death were doing. And as they departed, Feral was left alone with the restrained Megane.

"Right, that's it." The Neko went to one of the drawers on his desk and started rifling through it. "This time I'll finish the job! Stupid fucking emo shitbags, all of you!" He closed the drawer and opened another, pulling out a load of tissue boxes, porn mags and vaseline as he searched. "No more Mr Nice Member! See... that's what you MODs don't get! You don't get that all your fancy powers are nothing when people stand up to you! And nothing - NOTHING - beats a bullet to the head!"

He pulled a pistol from the drawer, turned, aimed it at Megane's head, and pulled the trigger.

Megane blinked as a small flame appeared from the barrel.

"FUCK!" Feral threw the cigarette-lighter away and opened another drawer. "See, that's TYPICAL Iwaku - you hit somebody over the head and push them down a waterfall, and OF COURSE THEY'RE GONNA FUCKING SURVIVE! Why can't we just ASSUME? Whatever happened to just ASSUMING that someone is dead? I HATE THIS WORLD!"

He opened a cupboard and started taking out knives, all of which were either rusty or broken. "Five years! Five years trying to lead this bunch of emos you call a Cult, and for what?! For plot karma! Well, let me tell you a thing about karma..." A saucepan dropped on his head and he fell behind the kitchen counter, bitching and complaining. "Ow! You cunt!"

He got up again and threw a toaster at Megane, clonking him on the head. "DIE YOU ASIAN BASTARD!"

He continued searching...

[SUMMARY: Feral gets rid of the other Cultists from the room then... slowly... tries to ensure that Megane has a little accident.]

Tegan looked around, noting with satisfaction that a few of the others had joined in, and now there were some spectacular light shows going on in the room.

The woman closed her eyes, the glow still shining through her closed lids as she began to form an illusion in her mind. Suddenly, it sprang to life in the form of a glowing orb in her hands. Tegan released it, and let it unfold.

To all appearances, their attacks on the wall somehow made it appear as if a large rift had cracked open. The cell's occupants quickly spilled out, presumably to find Feral. However, such was not the case. The room was still unharmed and everyone still in it. Tegan stood amongst the thrall, holding the source of the illusion in her palm, hoping that their trick would work.

When Feral glanced the surveillance screen in his search for a suitable kill tool, he found the room empty. The explosions thrown at the wall finally broke through, leaving a rift large enough for everyone to escape.

Summmary: dur hur :B

Clarification Tiem! There is not an actual escape rift, they are still trapped. From Feral's perspective, the room is empty.

Acqua had continued singing until Feral's loud voice overpowered hers. Not wanting the captive person to have his limbs chopped off or killed, she stopped singing, further finding it unnecessary as the chaos in the room began to grow. However, Tegan was keeping her composure as she sprung her plan into action. Oh, I wish I could do something, Acqua thought to herself. If there was some source of water in this place I could . . . nevermind, Acqua thought to herself as she picked up her staff. She pathetically threw it at the wall as a loud cracking noise ensued as sparks from the field flared up before it fell on the ground. Can't say I didn't try, Acqua nervously thought as she looked at Tegan, who was attacking the wall with a bright display.

Shards of light danced and flew through the air chaotically. The assault on the wall continued as Tegan looked around, satisfied that others had joined in with her. Acqua looked incredulously as an orb of glowing energy formed in Tegan's hands and put the illusion in place.... the illusion of the walls being pierced by magic.

-One minute and 45 seconds earlier-

They were doomed. Everyone else was going on about some hopeless plan to get them out of there, while she was the only one with enough sense to see the futility of their situation.

"Grow a fucking pair! How the hell is crying gonna get us out of this mess?"

Grant's word's had stung more than his slap. At least she could take some comfort in the fact that there wasn't anything she could have done.

Well, actually...no, it wouldn't work. Archy watched them work towards getting the field down, and they were doing something, even if it was futile...but what if they actually had a chance? Feral may have been right about them being horrible people, but Grant was right, too-just crying wouldn't help any.

They wouldn't get out, though. That field was too strong.

Still...it's not like she had anything better to do.

Sighing, the catgirl dragged herself to her feet.
"You need light, right?"
Tegan nodded.
Archy looked over the various assembled people.
"Right...for the record, I think this is all pointless...but I'm going to try anyways."
She cracked her kunckles, readying a punch as her right hand began to glow.
"Close your eyes...it's going to be bright."

She punched the wall, and the entire series of rooms filled with a blinding light.

Archy overcomes the infectious whisper long enough to blind everyone in the area with more light than Tegan could possibly require to blow shit up make an illusion.

CONTROL ROOM, UPPER LEVELS...

Feral finally found a sharp enough knife and turned towards Megane, his eyes gleaming with murderous intent. And that was when he suddenly noticed the viewscreen. The prison chamber was empty, and a giant hole had been blasted in the wall by magical energy.

"What?" He looked closer at the screen. "But... what? HOW?!!" He rushed to the console and gripped the mike, "HEY!!!"

There was no denying it - the room was empty. "WHAT THE FUCK?!!" He changed channels on the mike. "EVERYONE! GET TO THE PRISON! THEY'RE ESCAPING!! MOVE IT! MOOOOOVE!!!"

"Oh, okay... I guess we can check it out." replied one of the squad leaders.

"Oh, by the way, Sir..." said another team, "The Elder's arrived in the clearing."

"FUCK!" Feral switched off the mike, beads of sweat running down his face as he stared again at the empty room. "FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!" He glanced around helplessly before his gaze settled on Megane. Another idea came to him.

"Alright, you piece of shit! Your friends may have got away, but not you! You'll be my gift to the Elder! It'll buy my freedom, if no one else's. Screw your cult - they can die here with your friends!"

With violent twists he unchained Megane from the wall and put him in a headlock, the dagger to his throat. "Let's move!" He started dragging Megane out into the corridors, heading for the stairs up, even as the tower shook with the footsteps of the approaching Elder.

PRISON CHAMBER, LOWER LEVELS...

"You sure that's what he said?"

"Yeah, he said the prisoners had escaped."

"So they knew the password all along?"

"I dunno. Maybe we should ask them."

"But they've escaped, so I don't think we can really do that."

"Yeah... I guess we'll just have to go take a look."

The two Cultists pressed a button and a section of the wall slid aside, allowing them both to step into the prison chamber and through the Password Field. "Well it doesn't look too ba... oh."

The two men found themselves looking at Tegan, Myrn, Grant, Uriel, Mizdogg, Torsty, Acqua, Archy, Porg, Obsekree, the Teake and every single one of the other survivors.

[SUMMARY: Feral falls for the illusion and send some guard to check on the chamber. He is then told that the Elder is arriving and in desperation he takes Megane hostage, hoping to sacrifice him to the Spider and appease the Elders.]

Megane-kun calmly allowed himself to be bonked to the head by a toaster. He grinned at an obviously panicky Feral, "Why so worked-up, Feral? Just because you weren't able to kill me? Well, I am also, a little bit disappointed that I didn't die, and you'd be doing me a huge favor if you can kill me."

The entire control room was thrown into panic as the security cameras showed that the people inside the dungeon have escaped. He thought for a moment about Faramond, and wished safety for him, for he was sure that Faramond was among the prisoners.

"However, shouldn't you first take care of the mess you've dragged us into?" megane-kun mused amidst the chaos within the control room.

""Alright, you piece of shit! Your friends may have got away, but not you! You'll be my gift to the Elder! It'll buy my freedom, if no one else's. Screw your cult - they can die here with your friends!" Feral said.

Megane-kun didn't reply, but smiled instead. "This will be futile, for sure," megane-kun thought, "as with all human activities."

He kept his smile, even with Feral manhandling him. "Let's move!" Feral said as he started dragging Megane out into the corridors, heading for the stairs up.

"Using me as a hostage, eh?" megane-kun commented, "This might be interesting."

Even before Myrnodyn got to answer Faramond's question, an explosion rocked the entire chamber, and another one. The second one didn't come from the outside though, as he expected, but rather, from the inside, as some of the people inside the dungeon started firing explosives against the wall.

Faramond thought it prudent to stay away from the walls, "You guys, what are you doing?"

And then blinding light. "Are we successful?"

bucket_6o5228-1.jpg

Having risen from the ground, Jumi's body swayed to the sides, and his feet carried him in circles a few moments before he skittered off down the hallway, moments after the wall opened. Silent placed steps carried him behind the Cultists where he stood swaying eerily, his hands sliding up and down this guitar neck in anticipation. His head twitched spasmatically for a moment before his head slowly lowered, and began leaking a shimmering liquid from the eye holes in his mask. His head then shot up, as he looked at the Cultists, and the prisoners with black lightless eyes, and began softly playing his guitar.

The odd tune seemed in place from the masked entity as Jumi swayed around as if he couldn't quite hold himself up. His eyes however, never movewd from the Cultists, though with no eyes to see... one wouldn't know. The shimmering liquid falling from the eye holes in his mask then slowly began to change color to a silver color, and began clumping as it fell to the floor in large chunky bits.

THE RUNS OF THE MATURE TOWER

Just as I finish speaking, I'm knocked off balance by someone colliding against my back.

All this is playing havoc with my still rather tender ribs, to say the least.

"No, that's... that's not what I meant. I don't even have anything to make explo--" I manage to stammer out at Tegan, but then a wave of activity starts up around us and I'm drowned out. Jack begins to go on about stories and plots as he starts pitching fireballs at the walls, and several of the other prisoners begin attacking the walls. They don't seem to do much damage, however, as per Tegan's instructions.

All style, no substance. It's sure to catch Feral's attention.

The crying one, Archy, decides to heed my advice and moves to the wall.

"Close your eyes...it's going to be bright."
I don't waste any time in snapping my eyes shut, and it's just as well; the flash that blasts through the room is bright enough even with my hand clamped over my eyes. I open them again, and flash Archy a quick smile.
"I'm pretty sure that got his attention, even if none of the other attempts worked."

Sure enough, less than a minute after the mass fireworks display, the wall slides open and a pair of rather unassuming figures step into the cell.

"Well it doesn't look too ba... oh," the one at the front states rather quietly, and despite my still aching ribs I can't help but chuckle at their predicament.
"Chaps, this really isn't your lucky day."

Uriel's leaping at the two of them before they can even react, and I'm right behind him. My comrade-in-arms has the first cultist in a chokehold before he's so much as had the chance to flinch, but the second one manages to lash out with a knife at me. I move to the side and grab the man's arm, twisting it brutally until he screams and drops the blade. As I pull the cultist into a neckhold, Uriel is bust choking the life out of his victim. I glance over at him and call, "Uriel, we may need that one alive too, remember?"

His eyebrow raises, but Uriel shrugs and lets the cultist go, who collapses in a heap on the floor. Still maintaining my hold on the man, I bring him round to face the assembled prisoners. "Listen, mate. You're currently up shit creek without a paddle, as the saying goes, so you may want to make this easy on yourself and answer all the questions these lovely people have for you. That way, you might just live through all this."

Grant is a bit taken aback by the sudden turn of events, but complies quickly when people announce 'cover your eyes'. As the two Negative Legionarres enter the cell, Grant and Uriel react quickly, knocking one out and capturing the other. He brings the prisoner round to face the group, and recommends he answer the questions they have for him.

"It's about time" The grandmaster said, he'd been quiet through their imprisonment, he had no talents for passwords and deception, but battle would be soon upon them, he could practically smell it. he felt a pang of guilt for having expended all his rounds in the defense of the castle but that would have to wait for another day. He stepped out into the corridor beyond Grant and Uriel to keep watch and engage the first wave should they arrive, he would hopefully be able to hold them off long enough for his allies to from some kind of counter offensive. As he stepped past he mentioned to the Legionaries that had been captured.

"You might want to take the good doctor's advice, a good beating will be the least of your problems if you don't." The Grandmaster turned to face the oncoming hallway and anything that might come down it.

Status
Not open for further replies.