The Elder Invasion: CHAPTER 3 - Anirune Forest

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Anirune Forest - CHAPTER 3

The Warmaster led the way, the group following out after him and stepping over the bodies of the two guards. They soon met up with Torsty and Tegan, who had armfuls of food which were gladly handed out to the starving survivors. Eating and drinking as they moved, they made a sweep of the lower levels and confirmed what they all feared...

The Negative Legion had vanished.

Only the slightest tremor from the surface suggested where they had gone. It was the sound of an Elder Spider, moving away into the forest.

"It's... it's leaving..." Acquariana whispered as she listened to the vibrations.

"It doesn't make sense." Grant swung his shotgun ahead of him as the moved through the corridors. "They had us like rats in a trap. They could've slaughtered us all."

"It's like... something took them all away," Myrnodyn muttered as he listened to the eerie silence.

"Speaking of being taken away," said Palonis, "Aren't we short of a few important people?"

"JackShade and Tain for sure," answered Porg. "And there's no sign of Piro or Sakura, or that Seiji fellow. Apart from them, maybe four of the RRD crew, a few of the Shifters..."

"And Megane-Kun," called out Faramond, who was hovering at the back of the group. "Shouldn't we try to find them?"

"No one here," grumbled the deep voice of the Neake. Beside him, Jumi shook his head and made a strange, empty motion with his hand.

"We stick to saving ourselves for now," said Grant, bringing everyone back on track, "Once we get to the surface we can count our losses."

"And find those heretic scum!" spat the Grandmaster.

Up ahead, the Warmaster's slightly-deranged voice called out again. "Through here, Brothers! This is where I broke through. The tunnel from the Mature Tower to the Sci-Fi Tower!"

"Wow, this brings back memories," Porg said as he followed the Warmaster through into the old tunnels, which were high, circular and railed with rusting tracks. Asmodeus had once used these tunnels to ferry troops between his Towers, and they had proved pivotal when Porg and the Shapeshifters infiltrated the Corporation at the start of the War.

"Keep moving," called Torsty as he helped some of the others through the opening. He clearly knew these tunnels as well as Porg, if not better. "If we can get to the Sci-Fi Tower we can climb out."

"Roit. Dat's where I woke da furst spida," added Mizdogg.

"Guugh! Don't remind me," Archy grumbled.

Uriel glanced at the Ork. "You were present at first contact?"

"Yeah. I chopped at da spida and den all its friends started showin' up around da world."

"Hey! What's this?" called Obsekree, the little fairy getting everyone's attention with its glowing wings. "I think I've found a faster way out!"

The Warmaster paused at the head of the group and looked back, narrowing his eyes at the breach in the opposite wall of the tunnel, near to where he initially broke through. It seemed that in his zeal to break into the Mature Tower he had caused other chambers to cave in.

"I can see sunlight!" Obsekree vanished through the narrow gap.

"Hey! Don't run off!" called Porg, giving chase to the fairy, and then, one-by-one, the others started following. In single file they passed through the far wall of the tunnel and into a cavern. Archy made another light spell and was aided by a fireball in Porg's hand. The magics lit up the chamber, reflecting from the oddly carved walls and the faded cave paintings.

Cave_good_by_staudtagi.jpg

And a second after the space illuminated, a cry, desperate and heartfelt, went up from one of the group. Faramond pushed between Karsikan and the Warmaster, rushing to the centre of the cave. "No!"

The others held back, Obsekree fluttering curiously overhead, but all silent. They watched as Farmond came to his knees by the raised boulder at the centre of the chamber. All around him, on the ground, were discarded objects - glasses cases, books, shoes, backpacks. The Legion had clearly come through here, dropping things in their haste to escape. And of all the things they had left behind, one was painfully familiar...

Megane lay on the boulder, his body as pale as the walls, Feral's knife lodged in his heart.

Faramond reached out, touching him, and with his back to his others no one could see the storm of emotions that crossed his face. But they felt his sadness... his hollowness... They felt the tragedy of this loss... the futility of it all...

Grant was the first to speak up, nodding to a tunnel beyond the boulder, at the other end of the chamber. "The sunlight's coming from over there. It's probably a path up."

Karsikan nodded. "We shall mourn the dead later. Keep moving."

The survivors circled the chamber quietly, their gazes lingering on Faramond and the cold body of Megane as they passed. Uriel and Grant kept the people moving, while the Warmaster took the initiative and approached Faramond. His hand came down on the boy's shoulder. "Fear not, brother - we shall honour this warrior. In the halls of Lord Asmodeus we shall drink to him and to all who have fallen this day."

Giving Faramond's shoulder a squeeze, the Warmaster moved past him, his hand dropping to his side and brushing the boulder inadvertantly. He froze as he heard the mechanical click.

From the far wall, there was a hiss of static, then a whine as something very old and very neglected crackled into life. The survivors stopped, and all but Faramond turned as a voice filled the chamber.

"Gene-sequence accepted. Hello, Warmaster, old boy!"

Everyone glanced at the Warmaster, except for Palonis and Torsty, who recognised the voice almost instantly.

"Bit of a surprise, I know. But hey - all that ARC training in dramatics had to pay off one day. Anyway, enough rambling. I left this message for you, in case one day you wake up and smell the coffee - no pun intended."

Obsekree fluttered over to the the far wall and her glowing wings showed where the voice was coming from - an old rusting speaker mounted in the stone.

"Is that who I think it is?" asked Palonis as he listened to the voice.

Torsty nodded. "No mistaking it. It's Chopsticks."

"I'm hoping by now that you've turned against the Master and are using these tunnels to assault him." said the voice of Chopsticks, sounding from beyond the decades and beyond the grave, "If that's so, then you should know something. Asmo had me working on a lot of secret projects - all those things he never told you about. Said he didn't trust lackeys like you - didn't want you too close. Maybe that's a good thing - maybe you'll last longer than me in this company. Anyway, one of the projects involved poking around in the caves beyond these tunnels. If you're here now, then I only have one thing to say..."

There was a pause and the Warmaster could imagine Chopsticks, 18 years ago, pausing for dramatic effect as his tentacles swayed in the air. "[/i]Welcome to the Elder Tomb. This is where one of my teams found something - a spider-like construct, made of stone. It's currently in cold storage in the Sci-Fi Tower.[/i]"

"Dat's da one I chopped at," declared Mizdogg before he was shushed by the others.

"Anyway, I tried to reactivate the Spider, but no luck. So Asmodeus cut the funding and transferred the money to the Ego-Zombie project. The Spider was put in storage and its probably still there now."

"It would be if someone hadn't chopped at it," muttered Archy, glancing at Mizdogg before he was also shushed.

"But you know me - if I can get away with something behind the Master's back, then I'll sure as hell try. I kept my notes and did a little study in my spare time. The Spider has a dormant subsystem inside it - partially circuit-based and partially glyph-magic. My theory is that if its activated it will send a wide-band broadcast. It's a beacon, Warmaster... I'm sure of it - a beacon to others of its kind, possibly from beyond this world."

"That's how the invasion started..." said Myrnodyn as his scientific mind filled in the gaps.

"So, you may wonder why I'm telling you this. Like I said, the Master won't listen to me anymore. He's only thinking about the empire now and his war plans. But I've searched in the Temple of History and what I've found can't afford to be silenced. These things are called 'Elders' and they were here before Gabriel. They were planted inside the earth, and I can only assume there was a plan at work here. Whatever protections Homac has on this world have kept these Spiders asleep. But if Asmodeus and Rory carry on with their ambitions and try to break the wards of God himself... then... well... you and I can kiss goodbye to the Dream of Iwaku and say hello to the Nightmare."

The words struck a chord with everyone in the cave... for they each knew that they were now living in that very nightmare which Chopsticks spoke of.

"Something put these beasties here, Warmaster. And if you check the base of that boulder you're standing near, I think you'll see someone you recognise. This whole place was covered in cave paintings when I found it. Most of them faded during the dig, but I sprayed this particular one with a preservative compound. Let's hope it stands the test of time. If the drawings are correct, then this is the guy who caused the Elders to come here in the first place. I always knew he'd be the death of us."

There was a shuffling sound, followed by a sigh as Chopsticks's voice went quieter. "Anyway, the next batch of Ego-Zombies has arrived, so I'll have to bid adieu. Remember Warmaster: all leaders are madmen and all betrayal is sanity. Let's hope you achieve more than I do in stopping this madness."

The transmission cut out, and as Porg came over to the boulder the Warmaster circled it and knelt down. He ignored Farmond, who was still curled over Megane and hadn't seemed to have heard the transmission at all. With Porg's illumination, the Warmaster focussed on the chipped and faded paint that had been daubed on the stone.

It was a crude picture, painted almost a century ago... showing Spiders dancing around a single humanoid figure stood amidst a bleak wasteland. Brushing a layer of dust away, the Warmaster made out the colour of the dark hair... the golden visor... the red cloak... the sword...

The warrior's lips parted, and in the silence that followed Chopstick's transmission, a single name pierced the air with malice.

"Paorou."

[SUMMARY: Following the Warmaster out into the old ARC tunnels, the survivors find the original chamber where the first Elder was found. Megane is lying dead there. As Faramond mourns him, Warmaster Death inadvertently triggers an ancient transmission from Chopsticks, the old henchmen of Asmodeus. He warns the Warmaster about the Elders and tells them that he has found the one who caused the invasion. The evidence points to no other than Paorou-Sama!]

A few hours ago

Zypher's pod was still in an awful form of disrepair.
As he attempted to fix it a couple more sparks erupted from the console. "CRAP!" Zypher shouted, pounding on the seat. He knew he should have brought a better pilot or at least knew how to land, but instead he had smashed his pod through the dense trees and forest.

"Well, I've tried everything I can think of...I need to go find out if I can get someone to help me fix this thing..." Zypher nodded, reaching into the pod and pulling out his backpack and tossed it over his shoulders. He reached in again and pulled out the AFTA communicator. "This is Zypher Hamasaki reporting in! Tell Diana-No-Kami that I'm leaving to investigate the forest now. I haven't run across any signs of the civilization we noted from the AFTA station. Anyways, I'll report in next time I get the chance! Zypher out!" He tossed the communicator back in, pretty sure that the call didn't even reach the station, but maybe someone on the planet had picked up his transmission.

He shrugged inwardly and holstered his handguns, making sure he had plenty of ammunition with him. He wasn't sure when he'd be back so he wanted to make sure he had everything important. With everything in place he set out into the underbrush, heading to what sounded like music in the distance.

Current time

Zypher crashed through the forest, leaves crunching under his footsteps. He drew his guns and held them at the ready as he rounded a tree aiming right at the winged man in front of him, the spear pointing right at his face.

"WOAH WOAH WOAH!" Zypher cried out, jumping back and holstering his guns, "Sorry, I thought you were some sorta monster!" He walked along the outside reach of the spear, looking over the guy, "My name's Zypher Hamasaki, I came from...uh...the forest?" He smiled, not sure how anyone would react to his being from AFTA Spacestation.

"And you are?" Zypher asked, extending his hand out, waiting for the other to shake it.

Grace hadn't been in the tower. Nobody had been, not even Megane. It was frustrating. Right as they get out and she has a chance to go solve things, the bad guys vanish like leaves on the wind. Even the spider left before there was a chance to fight it. It was almost like...well it wasn't nice, that's for sure.

WMD led them through the tunnels, and Archy grumbled along. Mizdogg's continual cockney accent was not making the day any better. She lit up the chamber when they arrived, noting the various cave paintings, and-

wait.

That...

Faramond rushed forward, confirming her worst fear. It was Megane-killed, almost certainly by Feral. Grace wouldn't have left her blade behind.

She took the knife from Megane's corpse, wiping the blood off on his shirt before putting it in her inside jacket pocket.

To think, this all started on a bright day in the forest right above them...she felt herself start choking up, but took some deep breaths and calmed down as the recording started. It, in some sense, verified what Feral had said-that by abusing their power or "attempting to break the barriers set by gods" they had attracted the attention of the spiders. A handy dandy picture of the Mad King made it clear what one individual was supposed to have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

But Paorou had been dead for 18 years before the spiders activated. Unless...argh, it was all to confusing. Just like last time, before she walked the stairs and left it all behind. She wouldn't make that mistake again. Grace was counting on her.

She crouched down, meeting Faramond's gaze.
"...I have a knife to return. Do you want to tag along?"

Archy doesn't find anything and is annoyed. She gets to the chamber, and almost cries over the death of Megane-but stops herself. She takes Feral's knife, and reflects that events are getting to be very similar to what led her to Iwaku in the first place, but that she "won't make the same mistake again." She invites Faramond to help her return Feral his knife.

Reactions: 1 person

Quiinn kept the spear leveled at Zypher, lightning crackling along its whole length. After a moment he lowered it muttering, "Good, your not one of them. I'm Quiinn." Quiinn then opened one of his pouches as he played upon Zypher's lie, "Well if your from around here, show me how to get to Iwaku City. I can only hope Rory knows enough to keep me from getting killed if I go there." He plucked a fruit off a tree with a mechandirate(A sort of claw tail attached to his spine) and popped it into his mouth before turning and walking into the forest, only turning back long enough to ask, "Are you coming?"

Ulrich had followed the mysterious Q for what seemed like far too long. He rested when his stalkee rested, able to run when he ran, and sometimes they shared food and warmth but it was always an awkward thing. Sometimes Q would make a beastly noise that the faun would notice and sometimes jump from, but he soon learned his rather gruff friend really meant no harm.

They were in a forest now, thick, swampy and generally secluded. However, there was life. The faun's sensitive ears picked it up, the noise of the static of a radio that was foreign to the normal sounds of this forest. He patted Q on the back lightly. "I hear something. C'mon, let's go check what it is." He smiled and began to hop away, Q in tow. What they found were ruins with a few people noises in them. What was this, he didn't really know, but he wondered if those inside were alright. Along the way he brushed past a man with a spear. "Hello there, I'm Ulrich." He spoke casually. "What's been going on here? It seems like a lot of commotion for a forest."

It had only been maybe 20 hours since he had started his journey from Iwaku City to here. He wasn't sure where "here" was, but that was alright by him for the time being.
Ulrich had been following him the entire time. Bornes never said anything. He wasn't much of a talker. He was still fairly convinced that the faun was a figment of his imagination. Or this whole place was.
When Bornes got to the woods, he picked a tree near a small pond and sat his seabag down with a grunt. Kneeling, he put his hands in the pond and scooped up some wate for himself.

He had had to take a lot more breaks than usual, and was now pretty tired. He was going to call it quits and rest, but Ulrich tapped him on the shoulder, saying he heard something.
Bornes stood with a small annoyed growl escaping from his throat. It was hardly audible as he concentrated on listening.

He snorted. "Just a radio," he finally said.
It was a guess, really. That or something electronic. It was the typical static-y buzzing noise. It was normally so constant, the 25 year old has learned to ignore it.
Bornes went back to the tree with his seabag and placed his hands atop the combination lock when he heard something else.
Footsteps of an inexperienced hiker, guns cocking, then being holstered, and a slight conversation. He turned from his seabag and followed Ulrich into the ruins, keeping a safe distance behind the faun.

The further he went from the seabag the more noticeably uncomfortable he became. Once Bornes was about to turn back, they reached the people they'd heard. Q gave a look back to where his bag should've been, now hidden in a sea of trees. As if forlorn, he turned to watch the conversation among the three in front of him, maintaining his distance and shifting his weight uneasily.

Paorou...now there was an old face. It seemed like now was a popular time for ghosts to come back from the dead, assuming that he was behind this recent attack. It wouldn't be the first time that the madman had tried to destroy the world for some silly cause or another. Still, if the Crimson Angel had decided to rear his frizzy head once more, than there was indeed cause to worry. Palonis hoped that it would not come to that. Paorou was one of the few men who he feared, because he was capable of doing anything if it benefited whatever cause he had gotten himself attached to, and that made him far more dangerous than a (relatively) straightforward man such as Asmodeus.

"That recording was old, dating back from when ego zombies existed," Palonis said to Torsty, half-assuring himself. "Paorou may still be dead. If he HAS returned, somehow, then this situation has just gotten exponentially worse."

Looking over at the exit to the cave, Palonis walked towards it in silence, his right hand gripping the handle of the sword on his back. Turning after a few steps, he said to Porg, "I've got to leave you now. I have some questions now that need answers." Without another word, he sprinted out into the light of day, feeling greatly relieved to get out of that stifling darkness.

Asmodeus had foreknowledge of the Elders. He could have warned everyone else, perhaps given them time to prepare. He was just as complicit in this disaster as Paorou, and only one of them was alive at this moment in time. The dark prince would just have to life with shouldering all the blame once Palonis found him, for that was where he was going. No matter where Asmodeus was, the ninja would find him, and he would get the truth of the matter from him, even if he had to beat it out.

Of course, there was a different problem. As Palonis ran out into the daylight, he realized that he had no clue where he was. Until he could find some landmarks to base his teleportation from, he would probably be off by a considerable amount, even if he knew where Asmodeus was.

"Blast!" Palonis growled, and emptied his shoes. Until he found a place that he recognized, he was going to have to walk, and that was something that he did not relish.

(Summary: Palonis dismisses the painting, claiming that Paorou is dead, but he does have a bone to pick with Asmodeus now for letting a project like this remain secret. However, until he can get his bearings, he's not teleporting anywhere. He is now standing outside the cave, getting ready to take a walk.)

Zypher blinked a couple of times at the lightning crackling down the spear. Well that's a neat trick... He smiled at the neat contraption/man fascinated by the work gone into the wings.

"Oh, uh! It's a pleasure to meet you Quiinn. As for heading to Iwaku City...um...well see, I've never left the forest, in fact I haven't really explored much of the area. I kept to myself mostly...and Rory? Is that a personal friend of yours?" He blinked innocently, watching Quiinn spear a fruit off a tree with a tail-like appendage and start to head off, asking Zypher if he was coming.

"YEAH! Sure thing! We can meet this Rory-person friend of yours as well." Zypher bounced happily along, chasing after Quiinn. "What kind of city is Iwaku City? Is it big? We didn't have anything real big on the spa...I mean out in the forest, but I'm sure you noticed..."

As the two of them walked Zypher quickly became bored with the quietness of the forest. He paused, spreading his legs about shoulder width apart, swinging his arm wide and landing the "ok" hand gesture over his heart, "セクシ ヒィィィィィィィィィィィィィィィィィィィィィム!" He cried out extending his hand forward. A pink beam firing out and around him j-pop could be heard, letting him dance as he walked.

THE CHAMBER, RUINS OF THE MATURE TOWER

The tower is empty.

No bodies. No signs of violence. Absolutely nothing.

The silence is what's most disturbing for me, as we move through the empty halls. Even Feral howling abuse over the comm-system would be preferable, at this point. The complete absense of anything resembling life is more than a little creepy.

We seem to leave the main part of the tower, and enter a huge chamber decorated with ancient, faded cave-paintings. At the centre is a huge boulder, with abandoned debri from the fleeing Legionarres. Judging by all the things they've left behind, they were in a hurry to get the fuck out of dodge.

But they've left something else behind, too.

Lying across the boulder is Megane, with Feral's knife driven through his heart.

My hands clench into fists.
"Let the jury note that next time I see that little fuck, I'm gonna kill him so fuckin' hard he'll wish he'd never crossed paths with us," I mutter under my breath, then step forward and face the group. "The sunlight's coming from over there. It's probably a path up." Together, Uriel and I begin to move the group towards what I'm hoping is an exit...

...just as something happens, and a voice begins to echo through the chamber.

I don't know who the voice belongs to, but several people recognise it. He addresses the Warmaster, and discusses a project Asmodeus organised long ago. I know of what sort of things the Angel got up to before I met him, but despite this I still feel anger boiling within myself towards the former commander of the Knights.

Because the project involves the Elders. He fucking knew about them, and never told us.

The recording only gets more bizarre, going on to discuss the lead-up to the Admin War. Finally, it directs us all to look at the one preserved painting.
"That's fucking impossible," I blurt out, staring at the depiction of the Mad King of Insanity. Archy removes the knife from Megane as Palonis declares he needs to check on something and vanishes off. I don't try and stop him; he doesn't seem like the sorta guy who wants or needs advice from me.

Moving to the piles of discarded items, I manage to locate a pair of pistols, one of which I throw to Uriel and the other I keep for myself. Seven rounds, one in the chamber. .45s by the look of the rounds. Should come in handy if we come across anything unpleasent before I can restock on my weapons. "Alright, everyone, let's get the fuck outta this goddamn chamber. We can debate the finer points of that recording when we're safe." I motion with my head to Uriel, gesturing towards the way out, and begin to lead the way out.

Seriously, what a fucking day.

And tomorrow's probably gonna be just as bad.

Grant declares that the depiction of Paorou is 'impossible', and begins to lead everyone out the chamber.

"would someone please explain,"The Grandmaster stated while hovering over the body of Megane, performing his old duties as a chaplain and preparing his body for a proper funeral. "Who this 'Paorou' Is, and what he has done that is so impossible" The Grandmaster stopped and waited for an explaination before performing the final rites of the dead in High Gothic

(Translation)
"
Saints of The Emperor, come to his aid!
Come to meet him, angels of the Lord!
Receive his soul and present him to Emperor the Most High.

May He, Who called you, take you to Himself;
may angels lead you to his side.
Receive his soul and present him to Emperor the Most High.

Give him eternal rest, O Lord,
and may Your light shine upon him forever.
Receive his soul and present him/her to God the Most High.

Let us pray: We commend our brother, Megane to you, Lord.
Now that he has passed from this life,
may he live on in Your presence.
In Your mercy and love, forgive whatever sins he
may have committed through human weakness.
We ask this through you O' Master of Mankind.
Amen.
"

After the rite was completed, The Warmaster could through his enhanced hearing, The Grandmaster perform another rite in High Gothic, this one of vengance.

Avenge him, O Master of Mankind, by thy name, and judge him by thy strength. Hear my prayer, O Master of Mankind; give ear to the words of my mouth. For strangers have risen up against him, and oppressors sought after his soul: they have not set you before them. Behold, With you as my witness: the Emperor is with them that uphold his soul. He shall reward evil unto his enemies: cut them off in thy truth. I will freely sacrifice unto thee: I will praise thy name, O Master of Mankind; for it is good. For he hath delivered him out of all trouble: and his eye shall see your desire upon his enemies.

Summary: GMK Lays Megane's soul to rest before The Emperor, and prays for The Emperor to visit vengance on Feral for murduring him.

Quiinn shook his head slightly, "OH for the love of-"
Quiinn, its here. A poisoned thing. A thing that carries unburied blood. Its so close, so close.
Quiinn fell back out of his body slightly, loosing control as he talked with his dying god. IT was worse now, her eyes, two swollen, bursting fruit, oozing pus and blood.
What, what is my goddess?
Blood. Poisoned, unburied blood.
After a moment Quiinn re-focused his eyes and opened them. Some time had passed, as the few shadows that appeared where much longer than they had been. a crunch brought Quiinn's eyes down. They were now walking through a plethora of rubble. Machine parts, chunks of armor plating, bones, weapons. Everything.
Everything you'd find on a ship. A voice in the back of his mind chimed.
They then came upon a large chunk of armor, several yards across. Painted on the side was V|- N O |V.
"Venom, Quiinn muttered, and sprinted forward, soon finding the rest of the ship. He stumbled inside, muttering, "Brother."

Zypher would fire off J-Pop beams at random intervals to keep himself entertained, usually running ahead a few feet as to not annoy Quiinn with it too much. He isn't one for conversation it seems... Zypher thought to himself as the scenery began changing to what looked like a destroyed city filled with guns and armor and broken machinery.

Quiinn seemed to notice something in the rubble and dashed off into what looked like the remains of a ship. "I, um...okay then?" Zypher let out a small chuckle and dashed after him, stumbling over a bit of debris, "Don't leave me alone!"

Tegan regarded the body of the boy known as Megane, with a pang of sympathy, before shaking her head.

Such a waste.

Death was, to her, no permenant end, just a great inconvenience. The needle being lifted from the record too soon, before it could complete its song, to be placed on another, and start again. These had been her thoughts for countless years, and they were no different now as she watched his friends mourn him.

And yet.

Turning back now to the glyphs on the wall, Tegan was silent as she listened to the others discuss. The memories were coming back in torrents, now. But rather than the overwhelming sea that seemed to overtake her, drown her in the swell. But this time, they flowed into her; a still, deep river.

Paorou, Asmodeus, the War.

Palonis' parting words caused her to smile. He understood, as well.

"Palonis is right. For some, death is just a minor detail," she glanced the others standing around her. "There is no way of telling unless he emerges from the aether."

Quiinn stapped the spear between the metal plates, using it as leverage to force the passageway open. He checked the scribblings again, apparently he was nearing the bridge... his target. Through another door, down another ladder and... there. The blast doors had been shredded, and the inside was covered wtih bones, destroyed machinery... and worse. He started to search, finding a shattered skelleton, grasping a sm all, metal feather in his hand...
"Ducadi..." Quiinn muttered, as he hefted his spear, "I have no time to give you a funeral, but i can give you a pyre." He overcharged the spear and stabbed down, setting the nearby area ablaze. With a final sigh, he turned... and left."

OUTSIDE

"Lets move," Quiinn muttered as the Venom blazed. He then pulled out his radio, "This is Quiinn, broadcasting on all frequencies, come in. This is Quiinn, ISAF survivor, broadcasting on all frequencies, come in."

(OOC: Quiinn finds his dead half-brother, and lights the Venom aflame. He then starts to head in the direction of the mature tower, trying to reach someone on his radio.)

"The story is fucking with me.... No, the story is fucking with us all. I bet that stupid fat guy knew this would happen, perhaps he had a huge part in this."

"We don't do anything, we don't affect anything. Why can't they just let us be?!"

Faramond felt the huge guy squeeze his shoulder, "Thanks for offering symphaty, but my symphaties goes to you too."

He tightened his eyes shut, "To all of you, slaves of the plot, my sympathies goes to you. You may not die, but you'll all forever be slaves to the plot's whims."

When he opened his eyes, he saw a girl take the knife from megane's corpse. "...I have a knife to return. Do you want to tag along?" she said.

Faramond looked contempously at her, stood up and mumbled, "Thanks, but no, I have other things to take care of."

"Besides, I would no longer have anything to do with this plot, not if I can help it," he went on inside.

He took one last glance at megane-kun, "You've changed. You're not the megane-kun I knew. The plot got to you and you had to pay dearly for it."

"Thanks to you, however, I now know what I should be doing. Thanks, my friend. And I hope I could run into you outside."

Faramond looked at the girl who took the knife and said, "Good luck. You need lots of it."

With that, Faramond walked towards the cave exit, determined at last on the course of action he has to take.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
summary:
with megane's death, faramond finally decides on a course of action and heads towards the cave exit.

Zypher waited just outside the entrance that Quiinn had disappeared into. Soon he smelled smoke and backed away, moments later Quiinn emerged from the opening the ship behind him on fire. Zypher looked from the pained expression on his companion's face to the burning wreckage. Well I better not say something stupid here...just follow and keep your head down... Zypher thought to himself.

As the two of them walked, unspeaking other then Quiinn transmitting on his radio. "Um, this might be a stupid ques..." He was cut off as he looked ahead noticing the ruins of a tower. "HEY! LOOK! Is that Iwaku City?" He cried out, charging forward headed straight towards the ruins. With a quick glance over his shoulder, "You coming?"

"This is Quiinn-" Quiinn stopped as he saw the tower. He ran forward, grabbing Zypher roughly on the shoulder, "Stay behind me." Quiinn unstrapped his spear and powered it up, and handed the radio to Zypher, "Stay behind me, and keep broadcasting. Were nearing one of the towers... i think it's the... yes, its the mature tower." Quiinn unsecured the holster for his pistol and walked forward slowly, his spear at the ready.

(OOC: Quiinn reaches the Mature tower.)

"I need to get back to where the twins are. With them, I am sure Mr. Tea will appear" Faramond thought while he walked past the cave's exit.

"The twins... THE TWINS!" Faramond shot up with sudden recognition, "I left them in the town without even thinking about it! What the fuck was I thinking?"

As he walked, he noticed some cheerful guy. It is as if the cheerful guy was mocking him for his sadness.

"STOP BEING SO FUCKING CHEERFUL! WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT WHAT JUST HAPPENED?" Faramond lashes out at the guy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
summary:
faramond remembered that he forgot about the twins when he saw zypher being so cheerful. faramond lashes out his anger at zypher.

Zypher was yanked back and he almost fell but regained his balance quickly. He was instructed to keep broadcasting but Zypher had absolutely no clue what to say, so instead he hooked the radio onto the back of his belt and pulled out his own pistols, spinning them around his fingers before gripping them, just to entertain himself. As Quiinn and Zypher approached he was suddenly berated by a man.

STOP BEING SO FUCKING CHEERFUL! WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT WHAT JUST HAPPENED?" The man lashed out. Zypher chuckled and bounced over to the heavy-built guy and placed a pistol directly onto his forehead.

"Nope, I haven't got the slightest clue, but you should really be nicer to strangers!" A warm smile passed over his face and he gently pushed the gun forward to push the boy's head back. "My name's Zypher, what's yours?" He pulled away his gun but kept them held out, not trusting the guy, "What do you think Quiinn? These anyone you know?"

"Nope, I haven't got the slightest clue, but you should really be nicer to strangers!" A warm smile passed over the guy's face and he gently pushed the gun forward to push Faramond's head back.

"Stop that! It's irritating" Faramond wanted to say, but given the warm smile on the guy's face, he relented.

"My name's Zypher, what's yours?" Zypher pulled away his gun but kept them held out, not trusting the guy, "What do you think Quiinn? These anyone you know?"

"Quinn? So there's two of them?" Faramond looked the winged guy who appeared from the trees.

Faramond looked at the two guys and wondered if they have anything to do with the plot. Not that it'd be likey that anyone he'd meet won't be part of the plot.

"Uh, my name's Faramond, and I don't think I know either of you. However, if you might know the guys inside that cave.... You might want to hurry."

Faramond tried to smile, "Anyways, Zypher, sorry for that sudden outburst."

Status
Not open for further replies.