The Elder Invasion: CHAPTER 3 - Anirune Forest

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Anirune Forest - CHAPTER 3

The people had simply turned and continued on their own business, ignoring Ulrich. The twenty five year old turned around and went back to his seabag. He put his back against the dark green canvas of the bag and slowly slid down, sitting on the ground, leaning against it.
Once he was sitting comfortably, he reached over for the violin case and brought it across his lap with a curt snort.
He flipped the locks open and looked inside.

Red cut out interior, held an disassembled sniper rifle, two scopes, and a few extra rounds of ammunition. He quirked a brow, and closed the case, locking it.
He waited a second, and with a tch opened the case again, the lid flipping open and revealing the same scene. Perfectly cut-out interior, perfectly clean and organized setup.

Bornes frowned and closed the case again. He tossed it to the side of the tree, not caring much of its handling despite the contents.
He didn't remember leaving the case like that. In fact, the last time he'd opened up the case, there was no interior at all. It had been filled with dirty clothes that served as packing materials and everything had simply been thrown in there. It was actually somewhat of a marvel nothing had been damaged all these years due to that setup.
But it was neither here nor there. Now the setup was different.

He brought his left hand to his forehead, his forefinger and thumb rubbing his temples as he let out a small groan.
He was still fairly convinced this was all just a dream, and if he simply accepted everything that was thrown at him, he'd wake up eventually.
Leaning against the seabag, he crossed his arms over his chest and shut his eyes.
"I'm going to rest," he said to the faun, who had probably followed him back to the edge of the forest nearest to the Mall.

[[If you reply to this, please PM me or something so I know.]]

Acqua eventually got off of Jumi's shoulders. That was fun, Acqua chuckled lightly as she followed WMD out. As Acqua walked into the next room, she noticed the glyphs and then the strange picture of a man. Finally, though, she noticed Megane's corpse and held back a fearful shreek. That's just horrible! Acqua thought. We need to find that Feral neko and get'im good! Acqua angrily thought as her attention turned to the message that had played.

Acqua listened, feeling a chill as the unrecognizable voice went on. Is this not what we're in right now? Acqua looked incredulously into space for a minute before she snapped back into reality at hearing discussions of Paorou's image. So many things I don't know, why must there be so much that I don't know? Acqua frustratedly asked herself as she turned to Faramond who was mourning for Megane. Acqua, wanting to comfort Faramond, followed him to the exit, only for her to stop a few meters short of him. Acqua held back a scared shreek as Zypher suddenly appeared. He seems a lot happier than me, right now, Acqua observed the new comer as Faramond lashed out at the guy.

I can't just sit here and mope! I gotta be positive! We're free and we'll find that Feral guy eventually! Heck, these poeple might even be able to help us! Acqua's moody facial expression shifted to a much more determined one as she noticed a winged man behind the first new-comer, who had pointed a gun at Faramond's face. Eventually, though, the two managed to make up, and Acqua's determined face mellowed out to a blank, slightly happy expression. Relieved that nobody was hurt, she began to turn and walk back into the cave.

[Summary: Acqua is randomly inspired by Zypher's happiness to not be moody after following Faramond only to stop short of him and turn back after making sure that he wasn't hurt by Zypher's gun.]

Faramond thought he saw a girl near the cave's entrance, however, he looked at Zypher and Quinn to confirm if it wasn't just his head that's messing with him.

"Did you see that?" he asked Zypher.

Tegan thought for a moment as she began to follow the others and Grant from the cave. An idea coming to her, and one she didn't particularly relish, either.

"Of course, there is a way to see if Paorou is in fact alive, and responsible for these Elders," her eyes caught the others nearest to her.

"Go to Insanity."

Easiest thing Frost has ever done is follow these people. The one with the pink beam and the music playing out his chest certainly was interesting... though the armed one - he'd have to watch out for. Even with his white fur, he wasn't the center of attention - moving constantly so that his frosted aura would not affect too much around him. "Wish I had a way to turn my aura off... ah, well."When another joined them, he crouched lower, shaving off enough of himself to shrink further in size - hiding more effectively.

The loud shout of the third one effectively spooked him, however, and he turned, fleeing the area through the underbrush... only a few moments later getting ahold of himself. Stalking back to a good distance, clawing his way up a tree, he watched the individuals... "Hrm. Is this it? I thought for sure there would me more people involved with a flash of light using that much energy... someone here is highly inefficient with their magic." He frowns, mentally sighing to himself.

Frost stalks Zypher and Quiin from the bushes in the form of a white fox... after becoming spooked by Faramond's yell, he runs away - only to come back a few moments later.

Quiinn tilted his head slightly in greating, "Faramond, I'm Quiinn, an ISAF survivor..." He trailed off for a moment, before his voice returned... "So this is the mature tower, my brother said many things about it." Quiinn strapped the spear to his back and walked a few paces toward the tower, "I'm sorry for your loss, i can tell, loss wounds both of us deeply..."
After a moment he looked up agian, "Surely you are not alone, their must be other people nearby..."

Layla walked through the forest, hand on the hilt of her sheathed sword at her hip humming. She was on her way from her cottage and was headed towards a clearing, she looked up at the tower but saw noone.

"Faramond, I'm Quiinn, an ISAF survivor..." He trailed off for a moment, before his voice returned...

"Nice to meet you Quinn..." Faramond replied.

Quinn looked at the tower before them and nodded, "So this is the mature tower, my brother said many things about it."

"Mature Tower, huh?" Faramond noted, looking up the now crumbling tower.

Quiinn strapped the spear to his back and walked a few paces toward the tower, "I'm sorry for your loss, i can tell, loss wounds both of us deeply..."

Faramond smiled at Quinn, touched at his sincerity, "Thanks, thanks so much."

Faramond noticed something move around him again, this time Quinn took note of it as well, "Surely you are not alone, their must be other people nearby..."

"Yeah, though I think they should be going further down the cave, not going back the entrance like I did...." Faramond said.

"The Negative Legion used that tower as their base, however, that legion is no more. And their prisoners, like me, freed. However, There seems to be something behind that group, something more sinister, and that something, I don't want to mess up with."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
summary:
quinn introduces himself to faramond. faramond tells the two something about the tower.

Zypher holstered his guns as Faramond introduced himself and reached forward patting the guy on his shoulder with a wide grin. "S'ok! I just don't take being yelled at too nicely! After all, you don't make friends if you yell at people randomly!" Zypher chuckled, looking around the area, noticing a girl step out from the cave and look all of them over before retreating quickly. He gave a curious expression to the girl, before looking back to Quiinn.

"Well now we know there's at least one other person in there and I bet SOMEONE knows the way to Iwaku City! That's still our goal right?" Zypher tilted his head to Quiinn, "But wait...if you have wings why didn't you just fly to...nevermind, I'm going to investigate that cave the girl went into!" He smiled and ran into the cave with a happy bounce in his step.

Layla reached the clearing and picked some fruit before turning around to head back to her home thinking to herself i wonder if ill have to go into the city for the rest of the stuff i need. Not watching where she was going she walked right into the path of Zypher colliding with him and getting knocked to the ground.

Quiinn nodded in reply, "If that is the case, possibly the same thing behind the spheres. I regret that you will be leaving them, but i will go on. I have a city, a livelihood to redeem. Vengeance may be a bitter fruit, but one I am willing to partake in. Faramond, i wish you luck wherever you go."
With that, Quiinn walked past Faramond, going into and under the tower, into the tunnels below.

Zypher bumped into a strange girl on his way into the caves, stumbling back. He watched her fall to the ground and gave a lighthearted chuckle. "I'm terribly sorry! Didn't mean to run into you! Gotta be more careful when you walk!" He helped the girl up and half-bowed before running into cave after Quiinn.

"Hey wait up!" He chuckled, pulling out one of his handguns...just in case. "See anything yet partner?" He smiled, already trying to hitch his wagon to the more experienced person.

Acqua had walked towards where the others were when she noticed the two from earlier following her. Wondering if they wanted to speak to her, she turned around and waved to the two. She approached them and then began to speak.

"Hello, I'm Acquariana, but please feel free to call me Acqua," she introduced herself to Zypher and Quiinn. "So, what's up with y'all?" Acqua casually asked, vaguely hearing Tegan in the distance.

The Grandmaster built a funeral pyre for Megane and placed his body on it before setting it ablaze, Smoke filled the now empty chamber as The Grandmaster stood, The Aegis filtering the smoke from the air before permitting it to enter his lungs. After allowing the pyre to work up a good blaze he turned and followed everyone outside, thick smoke pouring from the entrance, behind him, he caught up with the group quickly enough, and his words to them were short and filled with venomous hatred.

"Let us go, we have vermin to exterminate."

Zypher holstered his guns and reached forward patting the guy on his shoulder with a wide grin, "S'ok! I just don't take being yelled at too nicely! After all, you don't make friends if you yell at people randomly!"

"I'll keep that in mind," Faramond said, looking at the two as they entered the cave.

"Goodbye, and may you be safe from the plot's craprices."

Faramond stood there for a while, looking back at the cave, looking back and etching to his brain this scene. Just before he turned to leave, smoke from megane's funeral pyre drifted out of the cave entrace.

"I wonder if there's any heaven in this world," Faramond mused. He spat the most obvious answer to the ground and he walked away.

"Of course there isn't," Faramond kicked a stone lying on the way and stared to walk, out of this forest that megane-kun was born and died in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
summary:
having watched zypher and quinn enter the cave, and having seen smoke from megane's funeral pyre, faramond goes on his way out of the forest.

bucket_6o5228-1.jpg

Jumi stared at the pyre with his blank eyes, and lightly swayed his head as he watched the fire burn hotter with each passing moment, and held his guitar to his chest in silence as if in respect for the dead. He didn't know who was being burned, but it was obvious that the person's death was felt within the group even if it wasn't to him... for the death was that of a stranger, and in the many years he'd wandered Iwaku, he'd seen many die, and none had been a friend.

It was then that Jumi began to walk, and sway out into the forest, in silence as he thought of the name Paorou. It felt familiar to him, but he didn't know why... what he did know was that he felt compelled to travel back towards Soldier's Grave... and beyond. It felt as if it was in his blood, and so he swayed into the forest, and through the foliage... leaving behind the strangers he'd bumped into, and the little girl who'd sang to him.

He didn't know if he'd see them again, but what he did know was there was time would always be in supply for him, and he had something to accomplish... but what it was he still didn't know.

Summary: Jumi witnesses the burning of the body, and then turns to leave just as quietly, and mysteriously as he'd arrived, with his destination to be in Insanity.

"Indeed there is," Quiinn said as he walked down towards GMK. Time then seemed to slow, as he fell backwards, out of his body.
This is your calling Quiinn. Do things here, give victory to a people who need it when there is none. You won't be sung of, you will probably die. But you will live forever, if these people live forever.
Quiinn's eyes refocused and he smilled at GMK, "And i would like to help you hunt." He quickly unstrapped his spear and slammed it to the ground, bowing slightly, "Quiinn, ISAF survivor, at your service sir."

Too many wasted lives...

Too many lives had been wasted in defense of a town that had been doomed to begin with. Had he acted faster he might have saved them, but he hadn't. A kick to the face did little to get Myrnodyn out of his depressing mood. In fact, the entire time spent arguing amongst each other, making plans, and subsequently failing at them through 'unforeseen circumstances' he sat in the corner and did nothing but mope around and occasionally looking up or close his eyes as the situation demanded. As finally, through fortunate happenstance or actual planning, (Myrn did not know or care much at that point) the field around their prison opened up, he slipped outside and followed WMD without really paying any attention to detail, lost in his own thoughts.

"I couldn't have helped them. As the town was already doomed, all I could do was evacuate...I did not have enough information on hand, I could have sent scouts out...but at the time I had no reason to spend any field rations on it, and advanced scouts would probably not have returned at all."
He muttered during the walk towards the room that had turned into Megane's burial place. He had, the entire time in jail, been reorganizing his thoughts, his emotions and his memories in the proper order, and was slowly coming to the conclusion that, even though not every decision he had made had been 'the correct one' he was also not to blame for many of those 'wrong decisions' and that if he had the same info again, he would probably repeat them to err on the side of caution.

Who could have believe an invasion forced of that magnitude could have gathered on Iwaku virtually unnoticed? And then that Scorpion, that thing had to end if they were going to win this war. Myrnodyn's brain, like a computer after a reset, slowly picked up pace again and reached full working order as chopsticks recording started playing.

"That's how the invasion started..." he muttered, only partly aware of the other people in the room for entire different reasons now. He quickly began making calculations to see how long it would take for the entire group to reach insanity.

As he looked around the room, now aware and following the discussion, (he briefly gazed at the corpse that had been Megane and quickly dismissed it as something out of his control) "The miss...Tegan was your name, wasn't it? Is right, everything is possible in Insanity, especially as Paorou is inovolved, he has managed a resurrection once, it wouldn't be any trouble to try a second time in his own kingdom of Insanity. I propose those that are still interested in stopping this spider menace walk with me to the entrance and I'll see how many of you I can teleport at once. Keep in mind that I've not teleported more than one person at a time before, and we might have to walk a ways to make it to our destination intcact. With a bit of luck we'll find out what has happened to the people who were teleported away from use earlier.

Now, who is with me?"

With those words he followed Palonis and some of the others outside, waiting for whomever would want to come to insanity with him.

(Summary: Myrn wakes up from the Emo and tell everyone that Tegan is right and the proper course of action is to visit insanity. He might be able to teleport everyone who wishes to go to Insanity.)

Zypher smiled as the girl turned around and looked at the two of them.

"Hello, I'm Acquariana, but please feel free to call me Acqua," She spoke, and Zypher crouched down to be at her height.

"It's nice to meet you I'm Zypher and my friend here is Quiinn..." He turned to motion to Quiinn but he had seemed to walk away with the other people that had come out of the deeper part of the cave.

"So, what's up with y'all?" She continued, Zypher smiled and shrugged.

"I just got here from, well..." He leaned in to whisper to the girl, "I came from space, the AFTA Station but that can be our little secret right? So I'm going to go outside and see what all those people are up to, looks like something important, or maybe they're just running from the smoke. But somebody's gotta know how to get to Iwaku City...c'mon!" Zypher straightened back up and turned, following the group back outside.

"EXCUSE ME!" Zypher said loudly, hoping to get someone's attention, "Can anyone show me how to get to Iwaku City? Or at least point me in the right direction?"

Sigh. For someone who clearly cared for Megane, he lacked spirit. Perhaps it would grow with time.

Archy watched the flames of the funeral pyre for a while, thinking. They didn't have any sort of leads as to where Feral and Grace had gone along with the rest of the Negative Legion. And so, for now, it looked like the bad guys got away to menace the world again next week.

Great.

She had to add another tick to the big list of bad things Asmodeus has done. And yet people still seemed to revere him...there would have to be looong conversation with him. Probably involving fisticuffs. For whatever good that would do.

Paorou possibly being alive was really the only thing they could do much about now. Or...something. It seemed nobody had yet bothered to figure out what to do when they got to Insanity, perhaps just check up to see if the guy was still alive.

She turned and walked away from the pyre-but not before giving the fire some help from her magic. Long smelly funerals were not her thing.

Archy followed Myrn and the others out into the sunlit day, where, hello, other people were waiting. She blinked a bit as someone asked them for directions, not expecting something so...ordinary after all that had happened. The metal wings on one guy were strange too.

But she had cat ears and a tail, so who was she to complain about strange people.
"Um, I'm not entirely sure..if you just head in one direction for a long enough time you should see it, or you could end up on the wrong side of the forest and circle around the coast..."

Archy reflects on some things, doesn't like Asmo (he shot her!), and decides to go visit insanity, as there is not much else to do. She speeds up the funeral pyre, and goes outside, only to be met by some unexpected faces. She then gives the worst directions ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.