The Elder Invasion: CHAPTER 3 - Anirune Forest

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Anirune Forest - CHAPTER 3

As Uriel was about to bark a question, he noticed that his guard had a chain wrapped around his ankle, he looked to grant's prisoner and just as he saw that a chain was wrapped around the other guard's leg b oth guards were wrenched backwards, thgeir faces slamming into the stone floor with a disgusting cracking noise, and trails of blood led to the outside of the Password field.

wherupon they were dragged into the shadows, two screams followed, one cut short, the other turning into a gurgling pop.

a corpse flew from the darkness where the two had been dragged, and behind it shambled a blood caked giant, tattered rags covering his waist and groin, shackles with chains attached to his arms, legs and neck.
The figure stepped into the light and the edge of the password field, his ragged and torn features distorting his appearence, but Uriel Recognised him at once, from when he had sat with the creator and this figure, the Power Armored Warmaster Death, at the end of the Legacy's long journey.

There was however no light of recognition in the warmaster's eye, in fact, there was nothing other than cold malice.

"what are you doing in this place, cavorting behind the password field in the ruins of mature tower" but the giant got not further for as he went to step through the password field a crackling bolt of purple energy struck his body, and the space marine stepped back with an intake of breath
"changed the password have we, well fear not filthy Gaians I shallm deliver swift death to " he stopped mid sentence, noticing the grandmaster, his eyes narrowed and his fists clenched

"filthy scum, you DARE impersonate the Adeptus astartes! what Gaian filth can claim to serve the god emperor of man! ANSWER ME!" the giant screamed, spittle flying from hsi cracked lips, his eyes now fully revealing the madness that his torture had imparted upon him.

ooc: wmd drags the guards away from the prisoners, thinking them members of the negative legion, he attemots to move in and attack, but is stopped by the password field, as he steps back, he notices karsikan and flys into a rage, demanding to know how the "Gaian" could immitate a space marine.

TL;DR, WMD is insane, he thinks he's back in the Gaian noob war.

He watched... not matching up with the foliage of the leaves, the white fox of unnatural size watched - waited. The music - the noise, the panic. The increasing smell of blood had attracted him to this location, and he watched with interest. His head tiled back and forth to the 'beat' of it, smiling knowingly. It was so long since he was awake!

For a moment, he wondered if his brothers were involved... he raised his nose, sniffing experimentally... "No... none of them. This confrontation's not linked to it in any way... pity. I think I would have liked to see them again... Indal, at least. The rest can rot." He thought this to himself, considering further, "I think they'd be more interested in this sort of thing than I am... though oh, what wouldn't I give to make a bet on the outcome, and I don't even know the true odds!" He sighs to himself, tips of his mouth moving to a 'grin'

"The Story. It's moving along nicely here. I think I'll just observe, yes." He speaks aloud to himself, fairly confident no one's close enough to hear, or at least too distracted to really notice. After all, he was resting on a branch a good distance away from the ruined tower, about a mile from his original resting spot. Just close enough to see and observe... though the deep white that began to cover the tree as his aura seeps into it, cracking the bark with frost and ice. He routinely hops to another branch, in order to resist the branches becoming too brittle.

A flash from the tower knocks him from his thoughts, and his ears perk up, "Oh me, oh... That was unique. Very unique." His attention was peaked further by the sounds of further strife. His tail flicks, "Oh, I should have gotten closer... though I'd be seen. Curse this temperate climate." He continues to recline on the branch, making entertainment out of watching the battle in the near distance...

Frost, using his 'Frosted Body' to appear in his original vulpine form, listens to the growing conflict, 'observing' in his own way from a tree a safe distance away. Mentally complaining about his brothers not being there and not having anyone to wager against the results with, he's snapped back into attention by Archy's flash-punch (presumably visible outside the tower) and the further sounds of combat, returning to his observation.

"I am Grandmaster Karsikan Banrae of the Grey Knights!" The Grandmaster sheathed exsanguinatus, seeing that nothing could pass the field, but still he bore daggers from his eyes, "and how dare you dishonor me by insinuating that I am anything less than an Astartes, where as you," He looked over the ragged Warmaster Death "Where is your wargear, you would dishonor your chapter by allowing another to take such relics?" with each word he spat more venom than the deadliest vipers the universe has ever seen, the vox caster in his helmet serving only to amplify his indignation as the ragged excuse for a space marine accused him.

Summary: GMK is about to choke a bitch.

Obskeree kept herself low to the ground while Tegan's plan took place, and did her best to bring absoutely no attention to herself by staying hidden in Doctor Grant's shadow - an easy task given her tiny size.

But then the wall slid open and there were guards and a small fight broke out - she flew away until her back hit the wall. She still didn't know what was happening or whose side to be on, and her head was pounding. Jack had disappeared into the frey and The Neake was...

She paused.

Where was the Neake? She glanced around as the guards were captured by two grim looking men.

A rotting wing caught her eye in the corner and she quickly hurried to it. Her biolumenescent wings shone and lit up the misshapen giant that was the Neake, his huge fallen form unconscious and worryingly pale. He looked like he was asleep, but the tell-tale sign that things were not okay was the fact that his clawed feet were beginning to disappear.

"Mr Neake...?" she squeaked. "Help! Someone... help..." Her tiny voice was lost in the chaos as someone new appeared on the scene, someone angry and pained. Recognising this as still a bad time to draw attention to herself, she let the light in her wings go out, plunging the corner into darkness.

The safest thing for herself the the Neake was to hide from whatever was going on, she decided, as a voice filled the air.

"I am Grandmaster Karsikan Banrae of the Grey Knights!"

She held her breath and her eyes darted back to where The Neake's legs continued to slowly vanish.

[Obskeree finds the unconscious Neake and, as GMK scares her, hides them both in a corner, away from trouble. She is worried about the fact that the Neake is apparently disappearing.]

"For Fu-" Jack said as he walked up, pushing the Grandmaster out of the way with a gentle force that surprised the Grey Knight. "It's interesting though.. it looks as though innanimate objects can go through this field.. your chains.." He looked to the Warmaster with a grin and reached to his pocket.

---------------

The Neake stirred, vaguely aware of Obskeree's little hand on his cheek.

He opened his four eyes to see darkness, and heard nothing but fuzzy noises. His body felt weak and sore, as if pressure were squeezing the life out of him. He'd never felt anything like it but it whatever it was was making him sorely ill.

Magic. He felt something surrounding him, beyond the wall, a field of something that was trying to contain him, cut him off from his temple. The temple was fighting back, pulling him slowly towards it. It was not teleporting. It was merely bringing him home.

He could feel his feet beginning to move away from him. He slowly got to his knees, his six matted, rotting wings drooping lifelessly by his side.

"Thank goodness, Mr Neake! You're awake!" Obskeree whispered.

"What is happening...? What... is this...?" he grumbling, his voice low in his throat. His knees began to sink into the grimey floor - the temple was winning. "Where is my mortal?"

"Mr Jack's over there - but - what's happening to your legs?!"

They heard Palonis' convincing tone across the air, and The Neake flapped his wings to draw himself upright; he didn't care about attention, but he had to find Jack before the temple drew him completely away.

It was at his waist, now, and he had to fly to keep himself up. He couldn't help the wind current he created, it was merely something that had to happen.

"Who are these people?" he asked, his volume level increasing. His chest was gone, and his lower set of wings, and then his neck...

And suddenly he blinked and his temple's smooth marbled walls surrounded him. His strength flooded back into him like a refreshing wave.

"No!" he snarled into the air, the temple seeming to agree with his discomfort. "I am needed elsewhere! Not here!"

He tried to teleport himself to Jack, but found something blocking the way. He probed at it with mental tendrils, and recognised it as the field that had incapacitated him in the first place. With a determined growl, he forced his way through.

The Neake ended up outside the Password Field, staring at Karsikan, and as he turned his head he saw the ninja and the others he had been trapped with.

He looked back to Karsikan.

---------------

"My chain!" He threw his hand out, the penknife that had sat in his pocket on the end of a chain, shooting out through the password field, lodging itself into the Warmaster's shoulder. "Neake.. and uh.. y-you!" He called to The Neake and Jumi "Go! find the control room or something, disable this damned field!

Growling he pulled the chain, pulling the snarling Warmaster forward with a jolt, into the password field where he yelled a primal scream as the electric burst shot through his body, propelling him backwards to land at Jumi's feet, who stopped his metronome like movement to nod at Jack.

The Neake looked a little apprehensive but realised the gravity of the situation and nodding with Jumi. The two moved off quickly, making their way through the corridors and further up the tower.

Twirling the weapon back up and placing it back in his pocket in one swift movement. "Those were innocent people, however stupid they may have been following Feral there is no reason to kill them"

--------------

It didn't take them long, there wasn't much left of the tower and Feral seemed to have sign-posted the way to places, probably for himself or because he didn't trust his staff's intelligence. As they walked into the control room The Neake looked at the screens watching the people stuck in the room for a second.

Jumi strummed his guitar in a power chord, which prompted the Neake to turn. The lanky figure was pointing the head of his guitar at the wall where two large levers, each too far apart to be pulled by one person alone. The Neake shuffled up to one lever "Ah a double lever, presumably for extra security. He then looked to Jumi, who had grasped the Lever and they both nodded before pulling them down.

--------------

The password field flickered and then dissipated. Jack was quick to jump into the corridor and stand facing the room his arms outstretched. "No more useless killing ok!!? Before we go anywhere we don't kill this guy ok!?" he said, pointing to the prone WMD. He looked at the crowd in front of him, and he could see the bloodlust in their eyes. "OK!?" The words seemed to reverberate around the chamber.

There was a slight murmur and Jack sighed, taking this as a yes. "Fine then.. someone restrain him and bring him, let's go everybody!"

[Thanks to the Neake's abilities, he and Jumi go and disable the field. WMD is floored but needs to be restrained and brought with us. We are free, no thanks to half of you >>]

[Plan formulated with the help of Tegan and Obskeree]
[Post written with the help of Obskeree]
[Approved by Faramond and Palonis!]

His Eyes flicked open with more than just Conciousness, they Flicked open with a portion of clarity
"where, where am i, and where is my armor?" he groaned, moving to sit, noting as he did the way those around him tensed as he did so
"who are you al" he began, but when he saw the Grandmaster, stormbolter pointed to his head, something clicked within his head

"by the Emperor" he muttered, hanging his head in shame
"Sindri will pay for this, all of it" he said, remembering only the smallest inking of what had occured since he had left Rory's castle.

"Do you walk around Titan wearing your armor Grandmaster? I was attacked whilst wearing but a tunic and weapon belt" He said, turning to Porg, an apologetic look in his eyes
"My mind was stuck in the ARC war days, i can feel something crawling in my mind, I need" he began, but then with a loud clack his eyes glazed over again, and the madness returned

"Soldiers of Asmodeus, this tower is falling apart, we must retreat, follow me" he said, ignoring the looks of what he saw as ARC security personel as he made to stand but found that he couldn't
"the Gaians are about to breach the perimiter! quickly, we msut make haste to ARC tower, where Lord Asmodeus will have gathered our forces!" he urged.

WMD snaps out of it for a time, but with a loud and obvous clack, he reverts back to madness, and thinks that the escapees are ARC soldiers, as such he tells them to follow him to the escape tunnels, but when he tries to stand, he finds that he cannot.

bucket_6o5228-1.jpg

Jumi turned around after pulling the lever, and began running full speed down the hallways in a frenzy, and slid to a stop just a few feet from the edge of where the password field had been. His feet kept constantly moving while doing a moonwalk, and his fingers moved along the guitar's neck in habit, all the while, the silver liquid from his eyes kept falling to the floor in chunks. He seemed to be looking at nothing more than a wall that had a few cracks in it. Jumi began to to move a hand along the cracks, and at each crack his head twitched in a random direction. For some reason, Jumi felt like he knew this place... as if he'd been here frequently long ago, but if he had... it had been a long time ago... when he was actually himself.

He then began to hop around frantically pointing all over the place and flailing his arms as if in excitement as a memory popped into his head where he remembered walking down the halls before. The crazed entity then began moonwalking again, and looked at the ground as it began moving backwards, until it bumped into Acqua. As Jumi turned around, and looked forn from his height of six ten, he backed up in a hurry, and cowered behind a section of broken wall... with his bucket standing above the wreckage very visablely... while peeking out in fear at her.

Acqua looked ecstatic as she saw freedom within her grasp. They did it! Acqua sighed with relief as she looked at the others, a smile on her face. Well, shall we--

"Ah!" Acqua squeaked as Jumi bumped into Acqua, causing her to back away.

However, the man seemed quite scared of her. She didn't really understand too well why, but it was probably just him being happy, so she pushed it aside and approached him. She looked at him in a calm manner and began to speak.

"I'm sorry if I scared you," Acqua apologized. "I'm Acquariana, but feel free to call me Acqua, whatever works. And who would you be, mister?" Acqua asked.

Summary: Acqua apologizes and sets up an awkward convo. (FLUFFFFF >O)

bucket_6o5228-1.jpg

Jumi's head peaked over the top of the broken wall, and looked at her with blank black eyes, the silver liquid that had been seeping from his mask, seemed to have vanished, and no trails were left behind.

"I'm sorry if I scared you,I'm Acquariana, but feel free to call me Acqua, whatever works. And who would you be, mister?"

Jumi cocked his head to the side, not sure to make of the little one, and ducked behind the wall once more. A moment later he peaked over the wall once more, with his guitar in hand, and looked at the guitar, then to Acqua, and back to the guitar before looing once more at her. A soft
melody filled the air as he began playing a song hoping to appease the little one, and prevent his demise at the hands of her miniature wrath.

Acqua watched as Jumi ducked behind the wall another time. After a moment, he came back into view as he glanced back and forth between his guitar and Acqua. She smiled slightly as Jumi began to play a song on his guitar, a soft melody filling the air. It makes me want to hum along, Acqua thought as she closed her eyes, smiling toothlessly as she hummed softly. While it was not nearly as enchanting as Acqua's singing, it had a calming, soft quality that seemed to gently push people's dark thoughts away.

Immediately after the punch, the field's power kicked in and zapped the shit out of Archy. She spent some time on the ground, thoughts mostly occupied with a string of curses and goddamn why did she do that after the masked musician got shocked from touching it. I mean really.

There wasn't much in the way of immediate results, and she consigned herself to despair again for a brief moment.

Brief, because whatever the light-woman did, it got two guards into the cell. A flame of hope was lit within the catgirl's heart. They could get out of here-no, they could get out of anything. The situation seemed completely impossible, but they had dealt with it. Her lying on the floor and doing nothing didn't help, and only made it take longer for them to lure the guards inside...but they could get through it. All of it-the prison, Feral, Grace's issues, the entire war, against a potentially infinite army-they could, and would get through it. Maybe not in the manner usually expected of solving a war, but the old adage still held truth; "Impossible is a big word thrown around by small men too scared to explore their own potential."

As the guards were dragged out and killed, she felt an emotion that had been missing from her life all too often the past 18 years; rage. When the field came down a bit later anyways, she had to try her hardest not to flip the fuck out in WMD's face. Clenching her fists so hard that her fingernails left bloody half-moons on her palm was not fun.

But she wanted to hear his explanation, so she left the space marine alone.

And then he went on about ARC and how they needed to avoid the newb attacks and she lost it, dragging him to his feet before giving the Astartes a slap across the face.
"Dr. Grant, please work on getting this man to actually be here in body and spirit. I have a daughter to search for. Come along, Myrn. She's your daughter too."
She started walking down the corridor, turning to look back at the group only briefly.
"Dr. Grant...thank you for reminding me that grief accomplishes nothing. Though next time please be a little bit gentler."

Arachnion supplants despair with rage, and starts heading off to find Grace, stopping along the way to smack around WMD for the killing of the guards and thank Grant for his words (but not the slap, that hurt).

Obskeree was deeply impressed by Jack's commanding tone. She flew up to him and sat on his shoulder.

"Awesome. Let's go!"

He was alone.

The Neake was alone in the control room, after Jumi darted off in his reverie.

He didn't understand.

Surrounded by buttons and levers and screens - technology from a world he was too old to know. He looked at the screens and a sigh escaped his cracked lips. Through the displays he spotted individuals he vaguely recognised, people he had been trapped with. He saw Obskeree, her miniscule light shining beside Jack's head.

The place unnerved him. He didn't like it - he didn't like not being in control of his location, being too accustomed to the temple. It was hard to adjust after so long trapped in its walls.

What did he do now?

He didn't know how to find those he saw through the screen, and his guide had vanished. But then he heard music and headed towards it, tense, subconsciously prepared for a fight. He couldn't help it; not long ago his entire being had been under attack from a field.

He saw around the corner Jumi playing to a small human woman, but he didn't advance. It was a nice moment they were sharing, and it seemed a shame to interrupt with his lumbering monstrous personage... But he did watch. Their interaction was alien to him and yet familiar.

He remembered, distantly, a time when such moments came easily to him. Now, it just made him feel thoroughly out of place and hopelessly nostalgic.

There had to be something practical and useful he could do to distract himself from such useless thoughts.

[Obskeree hops on Jack's shoulder for a ride, while the Neake wonders what happens next.

bucket_6o5228-1.jpg

Seeing Acqua's initial pleasure at his music, allowed Jumi to stand to his full height of 6'10, as he continued playing. His movements seemed incredibly robotic, but perfect. Each note rang out in the purest manner, and his fingers seemed to never move more than needed... no wasted movement. Seeing Acqua smile at it, and begin humming, increased his energy, and he began moonwalking once more, and continued playing. At the corners of his mask's mouth, a few small cracks appeared, turing the expressionless look on it into something simliar to a smile. He felt a soft calm pass over him as it passed out of Acqua's humming, and it reminded him of his ability to do the same through his instrument.

So for him it wasn't strange to lift Acqua up off the ground, and begin to spin slowly, finally resting her on his shoulders when he finished playing. His head tilted back and forth to the melody he'd been playing, and he continued moonwalking, and then began to drift towards the rest of the group, whith one arm Acqua's back to keep her from falling, and the other waving to get their attention as something very important came to his mind at that very moment.

Tractor Hold
Imperial Battlecruiser Yellowjacket

Entering the large hall donning his flight suit and helmet, Nic walked towards the tractor platform ahead - a wide, elevated circular device upon which several main battle tanks can fit. Directly behind him was a squad of 9 Imperial Marines, carrying heavy weapons.

Nic had thought to himself, perhaps what was meant about a 'battalion' in the briefing was 'a battalion's worth of reinforcements.' What was asked of him was to lay low - any larger force would be spotted by the Elders.

Nic and his retinue stood atop the tractor platform, ready to deploy.

A voice blared through the speakers in the hall. "Keep still while we start up the beaming process. Beginning transit in 3..."

The soldiers behind Nic clenched their weapons tightly as the platform powered up.

"2..."

The platform wheezed as its surface began to shine with blue-violet light.

"1... Send them in!"

The platform roared and flashed, and in the blink of an eye, every individual standing upon it vanished.

-----------------------------

Legacy Crash Site
Anirune Forest

The humming of activity at the crash site was audible from hundreds of yards away. Near the clearing, the trees waved and leaves brushed against each other - the sign of impending trouble. With a loud boom, the Teknikan troops finally manifested, hidden in the brush. As they raised their heads and looked on towards the clearing, their fear had been realized.

There was an Elder, crawling upon the ruins of the old Mature Tower.

One of the Imperial Marines spoke, his voice partially muffled by his helmet's ventilation systems. "Anyone have a suggestion? We're screwed if that thing starts waving a laser around."

Nic replies quickly. "Stay down and under the vegetation and the stone spider won't catch us." He opens one of his side pouches and pulls out a small disc-shaped object. "You all have beacons like this one, yes? We'll split into two groups and deploy them for as far as we can go without losing contact." Nic raises his left arm and points to the sky above. "Once these designators are in place, the Landing Fleet will drop in the bruisers to cover our operation in case things get ugly. Is that understood?"

The Marines nodded their heads in reply. One of them proclaimed, "Tellon, Mendoza, Green, Cole - You'll be in Group 2 and coming with me." Five of the Imperial Marines turned and moved to a different direction. "Remember, keep your heads down."

With these words, Nic dropped the first beacon. The device beeped once and then flashed a small blue light repeatedly as it rolled on the ground.

-----------------------------

SUMMARY: The Teknikans begin their mission, which involves making the place visible for a deep-strike. They may or may not be scared shitless by the presence of an Elder.

After the password field had finally been shut down, Tegan took the opportunity to slip off unnoticed due to the chaos caused by the appearance of the insane war machine and the two corpses they suddenly had on their hands. She needed to be some place quiet, because she could memories bubbling up to the surface from all these events before her. Tegan did not like to remember, if she did, she would lose herself.

And maybe, one day, she wouldn't come back.

She could not leave the tower, the rumbling of the earth signalled the arrival of the elders Feral had spoke of. She knew that they should be planning, finding a way to escape before they were overrun, but she was just so tired, now. Already, she was starting to slip. . .

It came as no surprise, when she peeked into a room near their cell, that Tegan thought she was merely hallucinating when she saw a feast carefully laid out.

So they were free now. Big whoop! Judging by his ninja senses alone, Palonis could already tell that his captor had flown the coop along with his henchmen. If only he could have stepped up more and offered his suggestions, then they would have been out of the cell discreetly and had the little runt that had been yelling at them at their mercy. However, he had thought that now was a good time to let the younger members of Iwaku show their merit and solve the problem themselves.

Was that really the reason? Or was he just unwilling to take the role of a leader? Being a follower or a vigilante had always been so much easier for him, and the thought of actually taking control of people was not his cup of tea.

The outer environs of the Mature Tower weren't any more inviting than the inner part had been. While the disgusting imagery was mostly absent from this section of the tower, it was instead exchanged for a dull metallic theme, void of emotion or creativity. It was enough to make the ninja gag at the blandness of it all, and he began secretly to pine for the mountain that he had started out from so long ago.

"Why are we here, of all places?" Palonis wondered aloud to himself as he wandered past Obskeree and Porg. "Are we doomed to stay here, locked forever in a dark sardine tin until the Elders open the can and scoop us out one by one?"

Seating himself over against the wall, the ninja pondered aloud, "What would Asmodeus do, if he were here? Would he gather us together for a motivational pep talk? Would he lead us in one triumphant charge against the enemy?" Gazing down at his hands, he clenched them and muttered, "I wish that I was like you, Asmodeus. I wish that I could be their hope."

Slamming the ground, the ninja gazed down at the purple flames that had hopped up from the impact and then disappeared. He was a killer, that was all. A hired gun that was worth little except in times of war. What help could he be in consoling people and keeping up morale?

(Spoiler: Palonis laments how he can't do anything to help people)

"Hi Obskeree" Jack said as the fairy came and sat on his shoulder. He smiled gently to the small figure before turning to observe the small crowd. It was funny, they'd just been given freedom and now they stayed where they were. Though he had to say the softened atmosphere was a relief, so much tension had been building up.

"Nice song, I like it" Jack said motioning to Jumi before Palonis walked past.

"Are we doomed to stay here, locked forever in a dark sardine tin until the Elders open the can and scoop us out one by one?" Jack watched Palonis walk away down the corridor and slump against the wall. He sighed a little, looking to Obskeree who appeared concerned, before following after.

He passed the Neake as he went, taking a moment to pat the hulking figure on the shoulder in a friendly manner "Thanks by the way, you really helped us out there. Good work buddy." Jack offered a smile to the fallen god before proceeding to the bottom of the stairs near to Palonis and sitting on the second step.

"Don't worry Pal, we're not gonna stay here, we'll get out." Jack said, looking to his friend from his perch on the steps. "Funny how people always seem to want something, freedom especially, even if they don't intend to use it" Jack said, wistfully watching Jumi pull Acqua up onto his shoulders.

"Nah I think this story is gonna get a whole lot more interesting soon, and I think all of us here will have our part to play" He continued, staring seemingly into space as he spoke. "What's got into him?" he asked, as Jumi began waving wildly.

[Jack goes to sit down, talking a little to Palonis and The Neake.]

Frost's ears perked, and he grinned in his observations from his safe tree-hiding-place. It was around this part where a very faint sound of music reached him. It was so long since he had heard 'music' that... for a moment, he was afraid. The new mix of sounds was strange and unusual. He crouched lower on the branch, searching with his eyes a bit for the source.

Not being able to identify it, and curious, he jumps down from the tree - as a few of the branches fall off behind him, shattering to pieces as they hit the ground. A circle of very light frost spread from his paws as he hit the ground, unnoticed to him - and he creeps forward, the frost melting behind him from the heat. Crouching low, the creature crept forward, ignoring all instinct to flee from the noises and chaos as it's curiosity takes over.

Frost jumps down from his tree, causing a small amount of elemental damage that nature heals up quickly. He begins to creep towards the tower, attracted by the sound of music..."

Once again he had appeared out of nowhere in an unfamiliar place! To his luck, this time he was not alone. Palonis, Myrnodyn, Jack and he recognized what he thought was a doctor from the time he had spent in Shapeshifter Town. The rest, the majority of the company were unknown characters to him, he felt like an outsider.

As he passed the company of Palonis and Jack he nodded to them with a smile on his face as a sign of acknowledgement, it might have been a good time to get to know their friends and strenghten his bonds, but what he really had set his eyes on was the girl with short brown hair that slipped away.

"OI! DON'T RUN AWAY!" Torsty yelled, quickening his walk.

"I see it best that we at least don't go running about on our own!" He continued.

"DAMMIT GIRL! NO NEED TO PLAY A HERO NOW!" He shouted angry just before he almost ran into her. He put his hands on her shoulders to prevent rushing into her. She didn't bother to react to him and seemed to be in some state of shock. He looked up to have a look inside the room she was standing before.

"FOOD!" Just like in the club-room, this room was also filled with it and this time he wasn't going to offer it away.

He ran in, and drooled over the prepared fiest. "I guess we must've pleased the Gods after all!" He said before he started laughing, he was so hungry.

And his prayers were truely heard, he could spot bottles that were way too familiar for his good health. Ale! Mead! From his own hometown!

"Here!" He said before he threw a bottle of wine to wards the girl, which she almost dropped before holding a strong grip to it.

"I'm sorry if I caught you by surprise. Torsty's the name." He added before grabbed an undeserved bite.

"Delicious!"

He walked back out into the hallway placing a hand on his cheek shouting with his mouth still filled with food. "HEY PEOPLE! THERE IS PLENTY OF FOOD HERE FOR EVERYONE TO EAT BEFORE THE SPIDERS KILLS US ALL!"

[SUMMARY:
Torsty seems unaffected by the recent events, but decides to go after Tegan, not wanting anyone to run around alone in the tower. What he discovers when he catches up to her is a pleasant surprise.]

Quiinn leaned agianst the tree for a minute puffing. He had lost track of how long he had been running. He looked back, thankful he could no longer see the scorpion tearing appart what had been his homeland for the last eleven years. He looked back into the forest, seeing the fire lick at the edge of the horizon. After a minute he shouldered his druganov, grasped his spear in the manner of a quarterstaff, and walked inward.

(Several hours later)

Quiinn moved from tree to tree, checking his suroundings with the spear pointed forward, ready to jab any target that approached him. He paused for a moment, resting on his mechandrite as he took a sip of water, noticing that his last canteen was already half empty. He popped a tasteless ration bar into his mouth, and was about to continue on when he heard the shuffling of leaves behind him. He spun, ready to strike.

(OOC: Quiinn reaches the forest and enters. After several hours he encounters someone/something. This is an opening for Zypher or anyone else [or anything else] that wants to jump in)

Status
Not open for further replies.