The Elder Invasion: CHAPTER 2 - Shapeshift Town

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shapeshift Town - CHAPTER 2

"Wait!! Where are we going? Do know where we're going?" Faramond asked Aya, who has already walked past the hostel door. Aki, who had just caught up with Aya, looked back at Faramond and looked at Aya who had suddenly stopped.

The three stopped just outside the hostel and looked at one another. "No," Aya replied, "but I feel we're going to eventually find what we're looking for if we walk long enough." Aki smiled at his twin sister's words and grabbed Faramond's arm. "Don't worry too much! It's getting boring inside that hostel anyways," Aki said.

Faramond didn't have much of a choice but be dragged around by the twins through the increasingly weirder streets of Shapeshift Town. Aya clung to Aki for most part, but he kept getting distracted by the oddities that were sold by the roadside shops. Faramond too, was distracted by these shops, though disturbed would be a better word to describe his reaction.

The further the trio went into the heart of Shapeshift Town, the more shops there were. The shops varied from street to street, with some of the streets selling a wider variety of goods than other streets. One street might be filled with shops selling decorative objects, while another might filled with shops selling aphrodisiacs and other oddities, some other streets might have fortuneteller stalls, while others might have roadside peddlers selling anthything from kitchen utensils, to personal hygeine products for beasts of all shapes and sizes, to items that defied description.

"Hey!" Aki called out the others, holding up what seemed to Faramond to be a club made from dragon bones, "Take a look at this! Isn't it interesting?" Aki felt through the length of the club and held to the narrower end. He took the narrower end with both hands and swung the club, first slowly, and then with force.

"Wow, that's nice!" Faramond said, holding a bottle of what seemed to him to be oil extracted from some reptile. "Very nicely made. Though I wonder what all of these small bumps would be for...."

Aki thought for a moment, fingering the club with his hands. At this moment the shopkeeper grinned and said, "Would you sirs want that dildo? It's very cheap!" Aki almost dropped the dildo while Faramond laughed loudly. Aya, who was clinging to Aki all the while, looked at the two with concern.

The shopkeeper continued grinning at Aki and Faramond. "I would also include that very virgin dragon oil you're holding when you buy that dildo right now."

Aki and Faramond blushed and returned both items to the shopkeeper. "Uh, no thanks, sir," Aki said. "After all, we're just looking around." Faramond followed up.

"Shall we go?" a slightly annoyed Aya said, to which both Faramond and Aki nodded in assent.

The trio pushed onwards, through the increasingly crowded streets of Shapeshift town's center. As they went along, they began to encounter some food stalls, or what seemed to be food stalls. Some streets were even filled with all sorts of food stalls selling all kinds of foods, from desserts to soups and snacks. However, either Aya didn't trust the food being sold, or Faramond ended up puking at the scent of the foods being sold.

At length, they were able to find a restaurant in which Aya felt comfortable, and didn't make Faramond puke. It was a plain-looking restaurant that seemed to sell sausages. The sausages were neatly hung near the restaurant entrance. Sausages of all shapes and sizes were arranged according to size and color. There were huge pinkish sausages with rather curious mushroom-shaped ends, to medium-sized skin-colored sausages with pointed ends, to really huge brown sausages. Customers were supposed to choose a sausage and then the restaurant staff would proceed to cook them while the customers wait in a waiting area. This waiting area, next to the entrance, was rather plain, except for this rather huge brown sausage standing in some side table. At its base was a card with some text on it. This text, however, was untelligble to the three, but Faramond assumed it to be a description of this giant sausage.

Before long, they were ushered into the dining area of the restaurant. It was filled with people, or what seemed to be people from all over Iwaku. They seemed to have come a long way just to eat in this restaurant. A servant soon welcomed them and led them to a table for three. As soon as they were seated, another servant brought them tea and asked them to wait for a while as their order was still being cooked.

"Well, now that we're here... " Faramond began, "I guess we can already talk of our plans from hereon?"

"How about we eat first?" Aki answered, "It's hard to discuss things when hungry"

Aya looked at Aki and nodded. "Okay, let's eat first" Aki decided, "Besides, the food I've ordered earlier would be served soon."

"Okay then," Faramond mumbled. He looked around him and marvelled at the great selection of people who ate in the restaurant. There were groups of tourists from Iwaku City marvelling at the different sausages put on display in the restaurant. There were also Shapeshifters chatting aimably with each other while waiting for ther food. Also, there were hooded guys from other areas enjoying their meal. In one corner of the restaurant was a rather huge group of soldiers, probably Dystopians, enjoying each other's company, and occasionally laughing at either the food, or the displays in the restaurant.

Before he knew it, a waiter was already by their table and serving their food. It was some sort of sausage stir-fry. The sausage, cut into thin slices and shaped into little stars, was stir-fried with different vegetables. Beside this was some thick, white gravy. Another waiter accompanied the first and served some fragrant fried rice and a very curious looking egg soup. Both waiters asked the group if they wanted anything else. Aki asked for some water, and nothing else. Both Faramond and Aya simply nodded. The waiters then left the group and went to serve the other customers.

Aki was the first one who partook of the food and was immediately surprised by the taste. Faramond and Aya, curious as to why Aki reacted that way, soon partook of their own portions. They all agreed that the food didn't taste anywhere near what they expected, and were glad that they chose this restaurant for their breakfast.

"Now," Faramond said after his first spoonful, "Can we start?" Aki and Aya looked at each other and hesitatnly nodded.

<br>Summary:
Faramond, led by the twins, walked through the town streets to look for a place to eat. While walking, they encountered odd shops selling odd items. Eventually, they decided to eat in a restaurant that seemed to specialize in sausages.

Aki ate hungrily, the unusual taste of the food not holding him back. Aya took a small bite and turned to Framond and asked. "Who are you looking for again?... Megane? ...." she trailed off as Framond nodded slowly, chewing.

"Wait what?? I didn't tell you that...... did I?" he blurted out. Aya sat back and looked nervous. "But you are right?... Wait you didn't tell as that?"

"I am looking for him, go on.."
"He had his own plot.' she said simply. "You need to find yours."

Framond stared "Plot? I don't want part of the plot.... I just...." he trailed off as Aki, prompted by a look from Aya went on. "We spoke about you. Aya seems to think you're living someone else's story when you should be finding your own." he explained around a piece of sausage. "Don't ask me what it means. Guess it like follow your own destiny...." he flinched as his sister poked him in the ribs. "Bottom line is .... " he looked at Aya who rolled her eyes. "We think that you should trust that Megane will move along his own path and you should find yours..." she said sounding frantic. "And when we meet with Mr.Tea you should at least consider whatever we has to say. The news suggested these big spider things came from the forest so if Megane is still alive hes most likely far away from there by now.

SUMMERY: Aya and Aki advise Framond to stop looking for Megane and find his own path.

Aki went on eating hungrily, however, as Aya and Faramond discussed things. Aya told Faramond to stop looking for megane-kun, which surprised Faramond, as he can't recall ever telling the twins the purpose of his journey. Aki joined in the discussion, telling Faramond to start living his own story, and not to worry about the stories of others.

"I don't know how you got to know that I was looking for megane-kun," Faramond sighed, "Nor do I know what made you guys think I am living his story."

"But since it has already come to this," he went on, forgetting his food, "Let me tell you this: Whether you believe it or not, I was the one who made megane's story. I was the one who made and controlled him prior to my entering this world. Can you blame me for being worried about his whereabouts?

Faramond sighed and waited for the twin's reply, but there was none. "All I want is to be sure that he's doing okay." he lied, for he wasn't sure if the twins understood how he felt. He wasn't even sure of his feelings, but all he knew is that he had to see megane-kun.

"I am not sure if megane-kun is already someplace else, or is lying unconscious somewhere in the forest," Faramond said, "I wanted to make sure... Besides..." Faramond hesitated to continue, he doesn't want the twins to know that he wanted to find a way of leaving this world, besides, he's sure megane-kun doesn't even know of such a way, if it exists.

"What about you?" he asked, "Don't you have a sight-seeing trip ahead of you?"

"I, I guess you should go on with that. This world's larger than you ever think, and the more you lose time with me, the less of the world you can explore." he concluded and went on eating.

<br>summary:
Faramond, surprised by the twin's knowledge of his quest, reiterated his desire to make sure megane-kun's okay. He then asked the twins about their sight-seeing trip, and advised the two to continue that trip.

"Bit difficult now innit?" Aki said around another piece of sausage "I mean those things attacked, the train is destroyed, tracks would be gone from that nuke. We have no idea whats left of Iwaku City, Not even if Aya and me have a house anymore. Truth is we're refugees and If Asmodeus hadn't been there we and this entire town would be another smudge left by dystopian style warfare." Aya nodded at her brother's words added "He wants to be good but hasn't been given the opportunity and is dealing with his own legacy." they were starting to get looks from those around then and kept quiet for a little, eating their meal.

"Plan was to come here, see the city and go home, just tired of the routine in the city. Well done the first, doing the second, third is impossible." he hung his head.

"And look, I didn't even remember you telling us about that Megane guy and I told Aya that." he shrugged taking another bite. "But if he your son you have every right to be worried."

"Bit difficult now innit?" Aki said around another piece of sausage "I mean those things attacked, the train is destroyed, tracks would be gone from that nuke. We have no idea whats left of Iwaku City, Not even if Aya and me have a house anymore. Truth is we're refugees and If Asmodeus hadn't been there we and this entire town would be another smudge left by dystopian style warfare."

Faramond listened to what Aki said while taking small portions of his food.

Aya nodded at her brother's words added "He wants to be good but hasn't been given the opportunity and is dealing with his own legacy." they were starting to get looks from those around then and kept quiet for a little, eating their meal.

"Plan was to come here, see the city and go home, just tired of the routine in the city. Well done the first, doing the second, third is impossible." he hung his head.

Faramond stopped eating and looked at the twins, "So it seems we're all refugees here, huh?"

Aki went on speaking. "And look, I didn't even remember you telling us about that Megane guy and I told Aya that." he shrugged taking another bite. "But if he your son you have every right to be worried."

Faramond looked at Aki who resumed eating. He wasn't sure if he was able to make himself understood earlier, but he's not in a mood to clarify things. "I don't really care about this Asmo guy or what-have-you," Faramond began, "The thing is, we're here, and there's chaos elsewhere."

"You didn't come here to be involved in all of those trouble, didn't you?" Faramond said while looking at the twins intently, "Let it be that way."

Faramond sighed and took a sip from his tea. "As for that matter regarding megane-kun," he continued, "I don't think now is the time for me to explain that fully. Let us, in the meanwhile, make your journey as meaningful and as enjoyable as possible."

Aki and Aya looked at each other and nodded. For now, they agreed to continue on this sight-seeing trip. Aya seemed worried about something though, but what she's worried about, Faramond didn't know.

"So, where are we going to next?" Faramond asked while signaling a waiter for the bill.

Before either Aki or Aya could respond, a waiter came near them with the bill. Faramond took a look at the bill and his eyes widened. Dazed, he passed the bill to Aki, who took a peek and shook his head wildly. Aya, curious as to why her two companions were surprised, took the bill and read it. Upon reading it, she instantly went pale.

"Uhm," Faramond asked the waiter standing nearby, "Is this....?"

The waiter smiled, "Yes, you guys ate griffin kid's dick stir-fry and griffin kid ball's soup. And yes, that would be thirty-thousand gold pieces."

"WHAT?!" the three exclaimed as the waiter maintained his smile. Aya fainted and fell into Aki's arms, while Faramond went white. Aki and Faramond looked at each other.

"Fifteen thousand gold for each of us then" he whispered to Aki.

Faramond reached for his bag while Aki steadied Aya against the chair and reached for his own bag. With heavy hearts, the two men produced the required amount of gold and gave them to the waiter.

"There goes much of my savings" Faramond mumbled to himself. However the waiter heard this and grinned at Faramond. "You know what," the waiter said, "you don't look that bad. You can pay for the food without even touching your savings."

Aki, inspite of himself, broke out in laughter, making Faramond even more embarrased. "Uh, no thanks!"

"You sure?" the waiter said, holding Faramond's shoulder, "You seem to be travellers, and you should save every piece of gold you can save."

"No," Faramond insisted, "We're fine" Not even waiting for Aki and Aya, Faramond took his bag, stood up, and hurriedly left the restaurant.

"How about you?" the waiter asked Aki.

"No," Aki said, blushing with embarrasment, "I appreciate the concern, but we're ok." With that, Aki took his and Aya's bags, slung Aya's arms over his shoulders and went out of the restaurant.

"Too bad..." the waiter sighed as he watched his customers storm out of the restaurant, "too bad...."

As usual as soon as they went outside Aya seemed to disappear behind Aki. "Castle" Aki said. "Half the reason we came here was to see the castle. Ummm..... that way? He pointed down the road, the large stone fortress rising above the town clearly visible. "We can have a look at what this town has to offer along the way. But.... no more strange knobly clubs.

Aya looked at the castle. "Think they'll let us close, with everything going on?" she asked quietly.

"Relax sis, besides we're a shifter of sorts, kinda.... right?" He pulled Aya into a hug and gave her a quick noogie. She laughed and tried to push his arm away.

Aki looked at framond releasing him sister who moved away and started fixing her hair.

They walked down the street, deeper into the restaurant district. Suddenly Aya sneezed and all threes eyes started watering. Coughing they looked around to see a chef in an outside restaurant ladling large amounts of rd powder into the pan he was cooking in and as he stirred the fumes from the chili powder rose in visible clouds and they hurried away. "Who would want to eat that?" Framond asked and got glares from both of the twins.

Faramond shrugged. "I guess so... Anyways, where's the castle located again?"

Faramond looked at Aki who pointed at a large building looming over what can be safely described to be a warzone. Buildings around the castle were levelled and there was rubble where the streets should have been. The castle alone, for some unknown reason, survived.

"That seems to be in the middle of a no man's land. You sure you guys want to go there?" Faramond asked for confirmation. The twins nodded, they seemed to be resolute about their desire to go see the castle.

"Very well then," Faramond sighed, "At the very least, I am sure we won't get lost along the way."

I need to finish this quickly...

Archy dropped the gun and ran towards the assassin. It was recovering from the TF gun blast, and got up to it's feet just before Archy got there.

He punched it in the face, breaking the gas mask in pieces. The jerk should stop spewing poison any second now, and then I can get back to breathing...

But of course the killer rose from the floor, still spewing gas from it's skin. The broken gas mask hung open on it's face, revealing a skeletal head. Not wanting to deal with this much longer, the shapeshifter grabbed the thing by the face and slammed it's head against the castle wall. A invisible pulse of energy went through his arm and into it's head, smashing it to pieces and leaving a impact crater in the wall.

He walked away from the fight scene, leaving the assassin's corpse where it lay. Doing so much in one breath was pretty extreme, even with his sheer ignorance of normal human capabilities, so he sat down on the steps at the end of the hallway gulping in air.

Soulless seemed to be doing pretty well for himself, so now all they had to worry about was whatever was going on upstairs..

Reactions: 1 person

Soulless and the bone assassin stumbled back towards a window. At first the light shown through, but slowly it shadowed. The assassin twisted it's body as the pane shattered, the ex-shifter Fel breaking through foot first.

At nearly the same time, Soulless' bloodspinning dug in beneath the assassin's knee, crippling the beast. A plume of dust erupted from Fel's clothes as he fell forward from the impact. Laughing, he found his balance.

"Hey, how's that for a dramatic entrance?" He bellowed merrily. "Sorry if I stole your thunder, there, Soulless. I just couldn't stand being out of the... Fun anymore." the zilla-man looked around. "Say, what is all of this anyways?"

Soulless errupted into a broad smile. "Asmodeus."

"Ah. Because that explains so much for someone who's been away since before the war ended. I've heard the results... but..."

"Palonis and Grumpy went up to see him."

"Right. Because that's any less cryptic."

The faint sounds of battle coming from deep inside the forest bothered megane-kun, but he knew better than to turn back. He was carrying an injured woman, and he knew he was not so good with battles himself. Yes, he was worried about Vay and Magdalene, who were left in the forest, but he reassured himself that the two can handle themselves, perhaps, way better than he could have handled himself.

Without looking back, megane-kun walked through the wide expanse of grassland that seemed to him to extend forever. And ever. And ever. There wasn't even any tree that could provide them some momentary shade. There was nothing around but grass.

"I wonder what you wanted to talk to me about," megane-kun asked a very unconscious Grace, "And, why me? I don't even know who I really am, and all. Much less, be someone who can help someone like you." Grace, of course, neither have heard megane-kun's question, nor was in any position to answer. Megane-kun sighed and went on walking.

By midmorning, he could already see the faint outlines of a town. Encouraged by this, megane-kun walked faster. As neared the town, the outlines grew more distinct. But something's wrong: there was but a single building standing. Everything around it was razed to the ground.

"Please don't' tell me that those monstrosities from the forest already wreaked their havoc everywhere else!" megane-kun mumbled as he braced tightened his grip onto Grace and neared the outernmost reaches of the rubble.

Megane-kun looked up at the imposing structure facing him, and looked around the damaged scenery. "Should I be scared now?"

<hr>summary:
Megane-kun, with Grace still in tow, reaches Shapeshift town, and sees the destruction around Shapeshift Castle.

Things were quieter at the castle, they walked towards the entrance, no one else seemed to be coming or going and the guards were just lazing around, but as the three approached they suddenly stood to attention. "No visitors other than those authorized by the council until the current crisis is over.

Aya holding into her brother's arm stood on her toes and whispered into Aki's ear who nodded. "We're looking for Mr. Tea." he told the guards. "Who?" they asked. "Mr. Tea, he was talking to Asmodeus on the train...."

The guards talked amongst themselves for a couple of seconds, "Sorry kid, we don't know a Mr. Tea, so unless this is just a prank you should move along."

"And if it is a prank?" behind Aki's there was a soft slapping sound as Aya's hand his her forehead.

"They you'll be going into the castle, downstairs... to the dungeons. So is it prank or are you leaving?" the guard folded his arms and folded his arms and Aya pulled her brother's arm "Come on... lets go, Framond...."

She caught Framond's eye and it was clear she had a plan. They moved around the corner and took Aki's sword and handed it to Framond. "Framond, hold this for a second.... I have a plan... You're going to to be arrested."

Faramond took the sword from Aki and looked at it. It was but an ordinary sword, cheap blade with a grip made out of cords that was wound around the handle. He clipped it against his belt absentmindedly and wondered about what he would do with it, and about...

"Wait... what?! What do you mean I am going to be arrested?" Faramond gasped and turned around, but the twins are gone.

"It just means that your so-called companions abandoned you," the guard said as he grabbed Faramond's shoulder. The guard turned to his companions, "Take him to the dungeons!"

"Wait!! Can't we just talk things out? Like friends?" Faramond pleaded as the guards put him in chains.

"Friends?" the guard laughed, "I don't even know you! Yes you might look friendly and all, but that doesn't mean a thing if..."

"Never mind that!" the guard continued, "I have plenty of time to befriend you in the dungeon." The guards almost dragged Faramond towards the castle gate, and into the dungeons.

"Don't worry, I'll be gentle," the guard grinned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Maybe I shouldn't" megane-kun told himself. "Besides," he looked at Grace, who was still pretty much unconscious, "you need help."

Megane-kun went into the castle and approached the castle guards. But even before he could even speak, the guard who seemed to be in charge of castle security snarled at him, "Sorry lad, there's no Tea here!"

"Uh, no Tea? That's too bad," megane-kun replied, "Wait, what Tea?" Without knowing it, he dropped Grace into the ground. The guards' eyes widened as they saw Grace. They then looked at megane-kun with suspicion.

"YOU!! What have you done to her?" the head guard asked. "Never mind that," the guard turned to his companions, "Arrest him."

"Take the girl to the infirmary, and this boy to the dungeons", the head guard told his companions, "He would be a good match with that other weirdo."

"Other weirdo?" megane-kun asked, but only got a kick for an answer. Megane-kun almost fell into the ground, but was caught by another guard, who started handcuffing and chaining him.

"No weird questions!!" the guard yelled. "Come on!" he told the others, "dump 'im into the dungeons!"

<hr>summary:
Faramond was caught by the castle guards and was taken to the dungeons, as was megane-kun who arrived at the castle a bit later. Meanwhile, Grace, who fell off megane-kun, was taken to the infirmary by the castle guards.

"Well that didn't go according to plan." Aki complained watching from where they had quickly hidden. "At least we don't have to figure out how to smuggle it in. You ready?"

Aki nodded. "We go in... get Framond and then.... get my sword back."

Aya nodded and they stood facing eachother closing their eyes. A breeze came from nowhere blowing their hair as the area was engulfed in a flash of light.

In their place a single figure stood, taller, of indeterminable gender but otherwise similar to the twins. The person, headed back for the gate and the guards looked over at the newcomer.

When Aka spoke it sounded like two voices woven into one, unsettling to say the least. "I have come for Faramond, my siblings told me hes been arrested again. Just a few minuets ago." Aka stepped forward, "I was taking him back to insanity when the train was attacked." the guards looked at eachother before one nodded and Aka was lead towards the dungeon.

Faramond was dragged roughly into the dungeons, which looked very much unlike what he had imagined. It was a very comfortable, candlelit dungeon. A guard, who was dozing off when they arrived, was startled and stood at attention. "Ah! Yes sir, yes sir!" the jail guard said as he saluted to the castle guard.

"Yeah yeah yeah," the castle guard brushed off the jail guard and put Faramond's bag onto the jail guard's desk, "Take care of this guy, huh?" The jail guard inspected Faramond from head to toe, "Is that so?" The jail guard smirked, "No problem."

"Oi, no funny business, huh?" the castle guard warned as he ran his hands on Faramond's back.

"Yes, I will take very good care of him," the jail guard replied, with an unnatural emphasis on the words 'very good care'. Faramond felt his spine tingle a bit.

"Okay, I'll be leaving him in your care then," the castle guard said as he went out of the dungeon and returned to his post.

As soon as the castle guard left them alone, the jail guard pinned Faramond to the wall and grinned. "Now, shall we do a little inspection?" The jail guard started undoing Faramond's clothes.

"WHOA! What are you doing?" Fararmond exclaimed he tried to keep his clothes on. It was in vain though, as he was tied up, and the jail guard was stronger than him.

"HEY!" the castle guard yelled as he entered the dungeon, "I told you no funny business!"

Faramond was thankful for the timely interruption, and breathed a sigh of relief.

"Uh," the jail guard flustered, "I was just... Uh... doing a cavity search." The jail guard frantically nodded, "Yeah, I was just doing a cavity search."

"Fine..." the castle guard said as he stared at Faramond's half-clothed body.

"What's up?" the jail guard asked after he had calmed down, "You forgot something?"

"Uh.." the castle guard reluctantly took his eyes away from Faramond's body, "No, we have another guest here..." The castle guard turned towards the dungeon door, "Bring him here!" he yelled.

The other castle guards then dropped a half-naked and half-roughened up megane-kun into the dungeon floor, just a few feet away from Faramond, who was dazed at the sudden apparition. Never did he expect meeting megane-kun so soon, and under these conditions.

"You... YOU!!" Faramond shouted at megane-kun.

"Me?" megane lazily looked up to Faramond, "What's wrong with me? Do you know me?"

"But..." Fararmond was about to say when he was dragged by the castle guards into a dungeon cell. "Save the reunion for later," a castle guard irately said, "you'll have more than enough time for that inside the cell."

"You too! Don't just sleep there!" the same irate castle guard yelled at megane-kun, "Sleep all you want inside the cell!"

The irate castle guard lifted megane-kun up the dungeon floor and dumped him into one of the two beds inside the cell. "Lock them up!" the castle guard told the jail guard, who rushed to his desk drawer and frantically looked for the keys. "Okay okay!" the jail guard said as he took a key from his desk drawer and closed it.

"Keep an eye on them, huh?" the castle guard told the jail guard, "And please, no more funny business with the prisoners; we had more than enough complaints from prisoners already!"

"Yes sir!" the jail guard told the castle guards as the latter exited the dungeon.

"I wonder what those complaints are about..." megane-kun mumbled. Faramond didn't answer, he was too surprised by the events to even care about prison abuse.

----------------------------------------
Sometime later, back at the castle gate....

"Faramond who?" the guard asked.

"Huh? He is that weirdo who..." Aka began explaining, but was interrupted by the guard. "There are two weirdos down there, you can just check them out."

The guard smiled and winked at Aka as the other guards stared at hir. One guard, however, glared at Aka.

The guard glanced at that other guard who was glaring at Aka. "Hmm... Are you free tonight?" the guard asked Aka with a such a smile it looked like a grin.

"I'm never free," Aka smiled back.

The other guard who was glaring at Aka walked out with heavy feet. Some mumbling can be heard from him as he walked off.

The guard looked at that other guard who was walking away and looked back at Aka, "Please don't mind him. Anyways, I shall accompany you to the dungeons." The guard took Aka by the hand. Aka instinctively averted hirs hand away from the guard, but changed hir mind.

"Shall we go?" the guard asked.

<hr>summary:
Faramond and megane-kun finally met inside the shapeshifter's town castle. meanwhile, Aka (combined form of Aya and Aki) started implementing their plan of saving Faramond.

Just as the hallway's rumble had calmed down and the assassins had vanished, Torsty came back to his senses. After the heavy impact his armour had been disabled, only his hammer seemed unaffected. As he made an attempt to get back on his feet he felt a load of pain from his right shoulder. Instead he decided to rest his back against the wall and take some time to breath, he was badly injured. Luckily his swinging arm, the left, seemed to be okay. If needed to, he could still fight.

As he rested, he heard talking from the room where the others had headed to, but he was not able to distinguish the words and put any meaning to it.

His attention quickly turned to his men who were all lying on the floor, calling out their names for a response.

"..."

Nothing, cursing at himself Torsty concluded that they weren't as lucky as him. Or was he really the lucky one? To be killed by such powerful foes was respectful in his eyes. His time had yet not come to travel to the sacred halls.

He cursed again, the pain in his shoulder increased. He needed healing, but this was not the place nor the time to seek the help he needed. He could hear steps closing in and forced himself onto his feet, trying to show no sign of weakness.

Leading the gang that met him was Asmodeus. Unlike the others Torsty had not had the "pleasure" of meeting the weeping and weak posture that the angel had displayed over the recent years. So it was only natural for him to meet him in his "old" self. Arrogant and majestic.

"Well well, I see you really are alive. I surprise myself the most by saying this; I'm happy to see that you are well!"

Torsty tossed away the cloak he had been hiding under, revealing his face covered in blood and filth. He coughed, tasting the freshness of blood in his mouth. He liked it. He felt that a great battle was about to emerge and he wanted to be apart of it this time around. For real.

"You have every reason to not trust me, as history shows, but I believe you will need me." He smiled, awaiting an answer.

----------

[[[SUMMARY:
Torsty gets back to his feet heavily wounded. Finds his comrades dead and greets Asmodeus and the gang shortly there after.]]]

Reactions: 1 person

"Thank you, lets." Aka said with a small smile.

"Whats your name anyway?" the guard asked moving down the passage, down a side corridor and towards a spiral staircase heading downwards.

"Aka, and why did you lock Framond up anyway?"

"Depends on which weirdo you're talking about. Why you coming to get this Faramond anyways? He's not your.... you know? You're not together are you?"

Aka looked at the guard a venomous look on hir face.

"Just asking, its not often we get visitors in the dungeons you know. Well anyways choose your weirdo." he unlocked the heavy door at the bottom on the stairs and swung it open.

Back in the dungeons....

Faramond and megane-kun stayed silent. Faramond stared at megane-kun who stared at the dungeon floor. Faramond stared at megane-kun and took note of all his features, from his rowdy, yet straight hair, to his thin face and body, to the clothes he was wearing. Though very much roughened-up, megane-kun was exactly how Faramond imagined him to be.

"You, what's your name?" Faramond asked as he sat onto the bed megane-kun was in.

"Me? I don't really know for sure, but I call myself 'megane-kun'," megane-kun replied keeping his eyes glued to the dungeon floor.

"I see...." Faramond said blankly. He felt his heart beat faster with this reply. "Yes, this is my guy," he thought, "Even though I didn't expect him to be able to--never mind. He is here, right in front of me, and that's it."

"How about you?" megane-kun asked, lifting up his eyes from the floor and looking at Faramond, "You seem to be surprised when you saw me. I think you know me."

Faramond looked at megane-kun and their eyes met. Faramond felt so strange looking into megane-kun's eyes. It felt so familiar, yet so unfamiliar.

"Me? You can call me Faramond," Faramond replied, taking megane-kun's hands for a shake.

"It... feels so..." Faramond couldn't understand the feeling that enveloped him as he grasped megane-kun's hand.

"Uhm..." megane-kun asked as he tried to shake-off Faramond's hand, "It's okay, you may let go of me now."

"Oh!" Faramond quickly let go of megane's hand, "Sorry about that." Faramond straightened up tried to avert his eyes from megane-kun. But he couldn't resist himself, Faramond moved closer to megane-kun and looked at his face, which made megane-kun uncomfortable.

"Why? Why are you looking at me like that? What's wrong with me?!" megane-kun backed off but found himself against the far end of the cell wall.

Faramond realized what he's doing and quickly backed off. "Sorry... sorry..."

"Fine," megane-kun said as he looked at Faramond's face and looked into his eyes, fine...."

Aka strode into the dungeon, on the desk lay Aki's sword which Aka picked up and slung it onto hir belt exactly as Aki wore it. Looking around the dimly lit barrel-vaulted room.

"Well which is your weirdo?" the guard asked indicating the cell, two figures sat on one of the cots that were set against oposite walls, near the far and of the cell. Framond was looking at the other prisoner intently while the other looked at the floor.

"Can't you stay out of trouble Framond?" Aka shouted, voice once again sounding like two people speaking simultaneously. Striding across the room. "Its time to go, move... and no bringing ......." Aka voice dropped, "Framond, you know this person, is this .... Megane?"

"As far as I can remember, you're the ones who wanted to go to the castle," Faramond answered, without averting his eyes from Megane's eyes. "And yes, this person is megane-kun" Faramond turned towards the voice, and saw a vaguely familiar unfamiliar face. "WHOA! Who are you?!"

"Getting you out of here." Aka whispered.

The guard walked up to Aka, "So which is it." he asked pointing at the pair in the cell.

Aka who was leaning over and looking into the cell. [col Aka moved or=purple]"Oh... I've never seen either of them in my life...."[/color] Aka moved closer to the Guard. "I just wanted to get down here.. where.... Aka's hands were now on the guard's chest. "What do you think I am?" the question came out of nowhere... said softly, half whispered. Hands slid down the Guard's side curling back as Aka leaned forwards. Then aka stood again.. elbow hitting the guard in the face. dropping him to the floor.

"Framond, time to get out of here." Aha had the keys and ran to the door pushing the master key into the lock and turning it throwing the door open. Megane, Framond lets move."

Status
Not open for further replies.