The Elder Invasion: CHAPTER 2 - Shapeshift Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shapeshift Town - CHAPTER 2

"Tell the kitchen staff to start work on a feast, we finally have brought in most of the survivors and though they are being fed, I want tonight to be a celebration. Make sure they prepare enough food for, let's say, one and a half the number of people we have here. We might have some voracious eaters, and we don't want to run out of food. Some of these guys saved a lot of lives today...Oh and before I forget it, one man asked for some supplies, I've already asked my scientists to prepare a rudimentary lab for him within the castle, make sure he finds it."

Once again moving around in his regular puppy shape, Myrnodyn walked through the halls, addressing servants left and right, who seemed to have no idea what to do with all this commotion. Of course, rumors had already spread that Asmodeus, THE Asmodeus had come to Shapeshifter town, but as of yet, his exact location had luckily remained secret enough to allow the man some rest.

"Make sure the entirety of the imperial forces that came to our aid is invited to stay in the castle as long as they want. I want them seated at a table clearly distinguished from all others. I didn't get to laud their efforts publicly because of...other concerns...but I want full honors bestowed upon them during the feast. Spare no effort to make them feel welcome. Also, if you happen to find Psychosis between them, thank her for me. She did a lot of damage to the enemy force today."

Shaking his head as the last servant ran off to do his bidding, only he and his two guards (both werewolves, though currently human in form) went up the stairs to the tower room where Asmodeus had been treated. Or perhaps 'kept' was the right word. The man was no prisoner, but there was a lot of bad blood amongst the shapeshifters, and though the word of Jack had been enough for the puppy scientist, many others were not inclined to forgive as easily.

As he arrived at the door, he turned to his guards. "Guard this door, don't let anyone enter untill I've had a chance to talk to him. Especially that Anton guy. If that's Palonis' apprentice, then I must be the Lycan Queen in disguise."

Shaking his head at the thought of the guy who had so fervently defended the angel on the other side of the door, he knocked twice before entering, not waiting for a reply from inside. Seeing the angel awake barely surprised him, even though his exhaustion had been severe. If dead men could walk, they could certainly recover from grievous wounds with ease.

Instead Myrnodyn walked over to a pitcher filled with water, filled the glass besides it and offered it to Asmodeus. "Glad to see you are up. We need to talk." He said in a serious tone, not quite as friendly as he had wanted it to sound.

"Those spiders attacked us out of the blue, we never got a chance to send out a distress signal, and yet you arrived in the nick of time to save us. Either the cycle has a purpose for our lives and yourself being here, OR you knew about the attack beforehand and travelled here to try and avert a disaster. Either way I figured you owe me some answers...so talk."

Myrnodyn organizes a huge feast for the evening, and makes sure everyone is taken care of properly. He then enters Asmodeus room, notices he's awake and once again demands some answers, obviously not quite statisfied with the lack of information.

Asmodeus put the water aside, squaring the glass with the side of the bedstand, straightening it, adjusting, straightening it again.

As a fallen angel, he carried the primal curse... All food would turn to ash... all liquid turn to salt. It was some punishment for ancient deeds that the angels had long forgotten, a price paid for the celestial fire in his veins.

One of many prices paid...

At least here, in this town, there would be no forgotten deeds.

"Not my fault..." Asmodeus whispered, clutching the Sheathe against his bandaged chest, cowering slightly from Myrnodyn's gaze. "It's the day... the day's to blame. The cycle of the years, thrice six turns..."

The behaviour did not match the memory. The ranting dictator that Myrnodyn remembered was now a shell, a shadow of what he was.

"One thing at a time," he told the angel, standing at the foot of the bed with crossed arms.

"The barriers of this world are not as strong," Asmodeus said, his furrowed eyes staring at the bedsheets, "Rory... Paorou... they weakened them when they made the Mirror Realm. It's Confluence - pulls all things here, like infinity, flowing into one from other twos. No Homac and Engel, the Absolutes awoken, flux and chaos..."

"Slow down," said Myrndoyn sternly, causing the angel to look up. Through strands of his ashen blond hair, Asmodeus fixed the Shapeshifter with a stare and clutched the Sheathe tighter.

"On the 18th year, on the day of Anniversary, the borders of Iwaku will be at their weakest. The Crimson Eye told me this..."

"What the hell is the Crimson Eye?"

Asmodeus looked down again, his thoughts seeming to fall apart. "No... no... that was the other timeline."

He suddenly lunged out of his bed, almost tearing his wounds anew as he reached for Myrnodyn. His trembling fingers snagged the edge of Myrnodyn's robes and pulled on them insistently.

"The Cycle is trying to repopulate Iwaku. New people. New heroes. New archetypes. The Crimson Eye were going to use it, but we stopped them. I killed Thaddeus. But now something else. The Elders. King Gabriel spoke of them. They're bringing new spirits to Iwaku, but not the right ones! The temples. Anton spoke of desecration. The Anomaly! Abdiel! ABDIEL!!"

Myrnodyn pulled away sharply and Asmodeus toppled off the bed, hitting the marble floors with the Sheathe clattering after him.

"I said SLOW DOWN," repeated Myrnodyn, stating each word slowly.

Curling up in pain, Asmodeus pulled the Sheathe against him again and shook with desperate tears.

"Not my fault..." he whispered once more. "I can't stop it..."

[SUMMARY: Asmodeus dispenses lunatic ravings about how today is a time when Iwaku's borders are at their weakest. He believes the Elders are trying to "repopulate" Iwaku and that is why they have awoken.]

There was little organization in the conversations happening outside until the diplomat announced they would adjourn to the Shape Shifter Castle. It was probably Pirogeth's best option at this point, there they would be organized and calm, the threat of the elders nearly diminished.

Although it was his intention to gain aid in the castle, there was a problem of trust. It seemed the Iwaku realm operated off an old system, one that involved more than money. The trust between two individuals and word was something greater here than anywhere else. It was something that Pirogeth had to get around if he wished to speak to higher authorities. He stopped another servant in the hallways, "Where might I find the speaker from earlier? I wish to talk with him." The servant only shook his head and continued with his duties. "This is getting me nowhere." Looking around his vicinity he saw several guards stationed outside a staircase. He approached them and immediately they drew their weapons.
"By order of Myrnodyn, you are not allowed to pass without clearance." Pirogeth chuckled a bit to himself.
"What exactly is up there?" Pirogeth questioned.
"Treasury." He replied trying to keep the location of Asmodeus hidden.
"Treasure? In a tower? Surely you must be kidding me. Who is up there?"
"Myrnodyn must not be disturbed." The guard said letting information slip.
"So he is up there, let me speak with him."
"He is not to be disturbed." The tall guard said now maneuvering his weapon toward Pirogeth. He was not quick to temper but this guard and his mates were definitely pushing it.
"You can consider me an ambassador if you must, I need to see the one in charge this instant." The blue coated man glared into the guard's eyes. Although he physically was not shaken, the glare itself was uncomfortable.
"Y-you shall not pass sir." The moment Pirogeth heard the guard stutter he perked his ears up. Sighing he shook his head.
"Not what I was looking for. Do not worry I will not kill you." Pirogeth side stepped to the right and brought his left foot up along the guard's head. The shot was enough to knock him unconscious. The other two seemed more experienced although did not come up to half the stature the other was. No wonder they used the big guy for intimidation. The other two were quick on their feet and managed to strike Pirogeth before he could react. An angered look took over him now, it was almost like he was a whole new person. At their next pass he clothes-lined the two and elbowed them as they hit the ground. "Keep your good soldiers in the back while the inexperienced intimidate, nice plan, bad cover story." A quick swipe of his face and it revealed he had been damaged more than he had thought. "If the normal guards are this trained I am really looking forward to meeting their leader."

[Summary: Pirogeth searches for Myrnodyn and discovers his location through interrogation. The interrogation turns hostile as Pirogeth is insistent on speaking with Myrnodyn. He now looks forward to the forced meeting.]

Entering the Shapeshifter Town, Torsty, Palonis and the two vikings who had decided to accompany them hid their identities underneath long brown coats. Though they seemed to have arrived at the right moment as there still was some commotion after the tragic event that had happened only some hours ago. The last thing they needed was to fight their way to the peace threaty-meeting. So they would either have to hide themselves under the silly costumes or shave their beards. Enough said.

Before he had left, Torsty made sure everyone in Vetmimir worked together to establish the best possible defense in the castle against intruders. Food was stored in case a siege would occurr. Animals were even slaughtered on the spot to make sure there was enough for everyone for a long period. The last thing he had done was to swore to Embla he would not draw his weapon unless it was in defence inside SS Town.

"Think about all the money we could make from this fur, Lord. The Gods would be very pleased for years to come. Think about the quality of our mead." One of the vikings said.

Before he answered, Torsty looked behind the two brutes to see if Palonis was still there with them. Pal had his eyes planted right back at him when he got him in sight. 'Ninja-skills, huh?'

"We're not here to fight anyone." Torsty said almost whispering. "We need to find their leader. I'm sure if we approach it in a respectable manner, no bloodshed will take place. Besides, look at these weaklings, they probably hide behind magic and fire-arms."

The two vikings, Varg and Arnar chuckled looking at the surrounding inhabitants.

"It's just that..." Torsty hesitated.

"What is it, Lord?"

"I have no idea where the castle is..." As he said that, the three of them turned to Palonis. "Could you help us, Saint?"

[SUMMARY:
Torsty, two fellow vikings and Palonis enter the Shapeshift Town.]

Piro distictly heard several high pitched whines followed by a buzz much like a bug zapper frying an insectoid victim.

"too bad you wont get the opportunity to then" Kohler growled, pointing his hellpistolm directly at Piro's chest, a shock-maul held in his other hand, electricity crackling and circling the weapons head.

with Kohler were what was left of his renegades, fifteen stormtroopers, grizzeled, carapace armor recently cleaned although their uniform tunics were still stained with the blood from supressing the vengeful mob and the subsequent battle with the shifters.

"if you so much as move one fucking muscle, you die, the masters of this castle will see you when they are good and ready, and not before" Kohler added as his men moved to cover Piro from better angles, coming into place so that if they fired, their shots would, if they penetrated through the intruder's body, theyw ould not strike their fellow troopers.

OOC: it turns out that the Treasury is guarded by more than jsut inept shifter guards, as Kohler and his Renegades surround Pirogeth, weapons drawn and ready to fire, Kohler informs the intruder that he will see the Myrnodyn and Asmodeus when they are ready, and not a moment before

Reactions: 1 person

Once again Pirogeth had been stopped and this time there was no way to get out of the situation. He had severely underestimated the skill and power of the citizens here. The only thing he could do was proceed as commanded, but he did not like being controlled. He had already started off on the wrong foot best not to make them any angrier than they were. "If your intent on me being held here, you should probably turn off the device on my waist." His cocky attitude shown through and he did not plan on going anywhere. If all he had to do was wait at gun point to see the leader, then so be it, just so long as he saw him; and with this incident he was sure to be on top of his visiting list.

"Umm...Eto...Must be this way then..." Sakura's soft mumbles of confusion floated into the hallway as Pirogeth spoke in defiance, despite being surrounded by Kohler's men. Sakura skipped into the room absentmindedly, carrying upon a silver tray, a brightly frosted cake for Asmodeus. When she looked around the hallway, she somehow managed to overlook the commotion and skip towards the staircase, "Yosh! It must be this one!" La-La, up the stairs we go~" She hummed, skipping up the first couple steps.

It was after a moment that she stopped, blinking twice. She realized something was strange. Turning quickly, she hopped down the stairs, looking at Kohler and his men in confusion.

"Heyy~ What's going on?" She asked curiously. She didn't like the idea of more commotion.

Outside the castle, blissfully unaware of the chaos transpiring inside, Torsty and his bodyguards slowly wandered through the city, surveying the remains of a furious battle. In the wake of so many leveled buildings, locating the castle was not too difficult, as it stood high and unblemished, a sign of power and stability compared to the obliterated state of both the inner city and its blasted exterior, wiped clean by nuclear holocaust. A sobering sight for all four of the cloaked travelers.

"This devastation...what caused this?" Palonis mumbled to himself as he looked at the outskirts of the city. To him, it was as if a great deity had smashed down his palm just outside the walls, crushing all beneath it to dust and ash.

It was then that Torsty revealed that he did not know the way to get to the castle. Surveying the ruined streets and the collapsed buildings, the ninja had to conclude that such a statement made a considerable degree of sense. Who could navigate the streets on foot through all this wreckage? Fortunately, however, the viking king and his cohorts were traveling with a man who did not need to walk anywhere.

"At the moment," the ninja said at loud, "our best option is just to fly through this wreckage, straight to the castle. I've been here before, so I can pinpoint its exact location. Although that does run the risk of dropping us in the middle of a crowd, where our sudden appearance will no doubt lead to a few startled overreactions."

"What is our worse option?" asked Torsty.

"We climb through these sharp pieces of rock, glass, and metal, or waste considerable time trying to navigate through this mess. Either way, we do not have time for it."

"How confident are you in getting us there safely?"

"100%. Getting there isn't the hard part. What we do when we get there is." Walking so as to be in the middle of the three vikings, Palonis spread his arms wide and surrounded them with an invisible sphere of his energy and then contracted it, causing the four men to disappear in a small puff of smoke.

Palonis's powers of teleportation were hardly what one could call magic. Rather, it was simply an extension of the principle that matter cannot be added to or taken away, simply converted. With a little application of Ki energy, the ninja could use that principle to turn him and his passengers temporarily into ghost-like wisps, almost invisible to the naked eye, which would zoom to the location fixed upon in his brain, and then turn once again into solid beings.

The only memory of the brief change in composition for the vikings was a temporary feeling of emptiness, followed by a brief dizzy feeling that passed quickly. For all they knew, their bodies had been simply relocated in the blink of an eye. Far better that they were ignorant of the true process, Palonis supposed, as the thought of being temporarily dead (in the traditional sense of the term) would no doubt haunt the dreams of most people.

However, the existential nature of existing as a different organism for a brief instant was lost on the vikings, who instead were occupied with a different problem: reappearing about three feet above a table stacked with helmets, steel breastplates, and gauntlets. Trained in how to land as gracefully as vikings are wont to do, they succeeded in righting themselves in midair, resulting not in a spine-crushing impact with sturdy armor, but instead a wood-crunching collapse of the table the three sturdy men had landed upon, scattering armor pieces with large clattering and clanging.

Palonis, in the meantime, had landed off to the side. Glancing around at the mounted weapons on the walls and the various armor components now littering the floor, he guessed quite correctly that they had somehow appeared in the castle's armory. Obviously, the weight shift of carrying three burly men with him had upset the ninja's mental aim.

Attracted by the noise, two able guardsmen burst in, weapons held high, only to discover that the room was empty. Concealed behind a cloak of darkness that made them appear to just meld with the shadows in the corners of the room, the vikings and the ninja watched as the two guards commenced bickering. "I knew it! I told you, Bernie, didn't I? That table was not built for an entire squad's set of gear. But no, you just had to put it all on there, because it'd be 'convenient.' Let's see how 'convenient' Travers finds it when he picks up splinters the next time he puts his gauntlets on."

"Nonsense, I say," replied 'Bernie,' hopefully short for Bernard. "I was there when they stacked it up. Not a creak or complaint to be heard from the table, and why would there be? It was fresh made less than a month ago. This is a frame, I dare say. We should check the table for saw marks."

"Saw marks, eh? You want to put your hand in that splintery mess, do you? Then go ahead."

"Well...I won't need to do it right away," Bernard replied, quieter than before, then his face suddenly lit up. "I know! We can call the servants and get THEM to clean it up, and maybe they can find the marks for us."

At that, the two guards turned and left. As the door closed, the fading voice of the unnamed guard could be heard saying, "Always with the conspiracies. Why don't you just man up for once and admit that you're lazy?"

Popping out of the shadows, Palonis said, "Well, we are in the palace now. However, patrols are probably quite heavy, so we'll need to find Myrnodyn quickly. Now how are we going to do this? We have our cloaks here, so we could pretend we're somebody important..."

"Why could we not simply pretend to be guards, if there are so many of them?" Torsty volunteered, indicating the armor, which did indeed come in a remarkable range of sizes.

Palonis considered this for a while. While his fighting abilities would be impaired by armor if they were discovered, playing the part of a guardsman would probably make them appear less suspicious, minimizing the chances of needing to fight at all. "The things I do for the good of the world..." he muttered as he bent down to pick up a helmet. This looked to be an eventful day.

(Summary: Palonis, Torsty, and Co. infiltrate the castle and decide to disguise themselves as guards. Hilarity will no doubt ensue.)

Kohlers eyes remained on Pirogeth as Sakura entered the room, and the stormtrooper's guns remained steadfastly trained on the intruder
"fuckwit here thought he could infiltrate the castle with arrogance and force of personality, your guards almost allowed him to, the prisoner is to be detained until Lord Asmodeus says otherwise, he is under my jurestiction and i will brook no arguement on this matter, not even from one such as yourself, is that sufficiently clear maam?" Kohler said, endeavoring to remain polite whilst inwardly cursing the intteruption.

Myrnodyn backed away towards the door, not willing to risk being grabbed by the man again. Death hadn't favored the angel. The scientist didn't know where the apparent madness came from, but it hadn't done Asmodeus' oratory skills any good. The prince had been praised for his speeches in earlier times, yet was reduced to a mumbling or screaming idiot in these. It was in fact, hard to believe this was Asmodeus, and not some crazed impostor as he had believed earlier.

Something near the end of his rants drew the puppy's attention though. He had mentioned Anton. Because Myrnodyn had mentioned the guy earlier, it was easy to recollect the information from his usually jumbled memory.

"I suppose one fool will attract others..." the councilor muttered under his breath and spoke to the pitiably man in front of him again. "Alright, that's enough for today. Make sure you rest up and recover fully from your wounds. I've given Sakura special permission to come visit, she'll be supplying you with food and company during your stay here." Myrn smirked at this point. "I believe she mentioned something about a cake earlier. I'm sure she'll be around sooner or later."

Myrn turned towards the door, putting a hand on the handle before turning back to the man sitting next to the bed. "I'm sure you understand I have other pressing matters to attend to, Asmodeus. I implore you to not leave the room before you are fully recovered. There are many people who want to talk to you, and not all of them mean well. I will keep you informed of the anything important in the meantime."

With that he turned to the door, turning the handle halfway before changing his mind and closing his eyes. He needed to talk to this so called apprentice of Palonis, and the quickest way to reach him would be to 'walk between the worlds'

And with the sound of air rushing in he disappeared, leaving Asmodeus alone with his thoughts for now.

"Fully recovered...?" spoke a shrill and insidious voice. "Oh yes... we'll soon be that, won't we?"

Still sprawled on the floor, Asmodeus stared at the doorway where Myrnodyn had vanished. But the voice was not coming from there. Slowly, he turned his head, gazing into the darkness beneath the bed.

The_Manipulator_by_FaustSnake.jpg

"Complete again, like the good old days," snickered the corpse-child.

Chopsticks... the first Iwakuan he ever betrayed...

Asmodeus curled to a foetal position, too terrified to recoil from the monstrous figure beneath the bed. "You left... you're not supposed to be here," he whimpered.

"No force could ever part us," the ghost hissed as its eyes glowed sickly green. "Not even the Necromaniac's parlour tricks, which even now are fading."

"Leave me alone," Asmodeus curled deeper, burying his head, wetting the floor with tears.

"And now the Sheathe..." Chopsticks whispered ecstatically. His sharp and mud-smeared fingers crawled up from the darkness, reaching over the bed covers, towards the Sheathe that lay there. "The Absolute in your hands at last, after all this time..."

"NOOOO!" Asmodeus shouted, lunging up onto the bed, snatching away the Sheathe and cowering from the edges of the mattress.

The bed shook with the ghost's words. "With this you can take the mantle of the gods... AND FINISH YOUR WAR!"

The angel screamed as he pulled the covers around himself, pressing his head between sheet and pillow, screwing his eyes shut. He clutched the Sheathe to his chest, screaming and screaming until the ghost could speak no more...

CASTLE ARMOURY

"Well thank the gods, it's about damn time, ye scurvy landlubbers!" yelled a voice from under Palonis's foot. The vikings around him recoiled, drawing their weapons.

"Hey! Don't even think about it! I'll 'ave your toes if ye try to put me back in that scabbard! Back off, ye yeti bastards!"

Raising an eyebrow, Palonis moved aside some of the armour and wood fragments with his foot. At the bottom of the wreckage, a rather elaborate-looking sword had fallen out of a magical scabbard and was now rattling angrily.

"Confluence, meh metal arse! If you be an angel then I be an Elven squid! Where's Asmodeus ye pyjama-wearing pansy?!"

Palonis looked at Torsty, then back at the sword as it continued to rattle furiously. "You people 'ave an 'abit of locking up world-saving artefacts in second-rate dungeons? No wonder yer all gonna die in a few years time! Damn ye all, that's what I say! Let the Rift Storms rot yer bones and yer mothers'! This is the last time I try to 'elp you 'uman landrats!"

Golden symbols glowed along the length of the blade, showing the intricate curves of celestial runes.

"AS-MO-DEE-US! Ye can't miss 'im. Big fella with a bloody mask!"

[SUMMARY: Asmodeus is taunted by the ghost of Chopsticks, which is growing stronger as the temptation of the Sheathe grips his mind. Meanwhile, Palonis and Torsty stumble upon Asmodeus's sword, which has mysteriously appeared in the Shapeshifter Armoury.]

What to do...what to do.

Granted only a meager collection of beakers, vials, and the odd out-of-date lab piece Nylock eyed the scientists with a raised eyebrow and a frown.

"Posh! How can these sundry supplies fix my laboratory? I related the damage was excessive Ex-Cess-Ive...can't you fool half breeds grant a simple request without being stingy?" Pacing around the small pile of equipment, Nylock raised his hands toward the heavens...as though invoking some divining source to rain punishment on the misers of science. "Don't you know who I am...no...nevermind...you pups don't understand age or accomplishment, your second forms are probably cockroaches...skittering bugs ignorant to the turning of the scientific community!"

Unfazed by his tirade, one scientist stepped forward and shook his head with a sigh. Casting a helpless gaze back at his lithe friend, Terroll adjusted the wire-frame glasses ringing his azure eyes and tried once more to soothe the enraged stranger.

"I'm afraid this is all we've been authorized to provide, Myrnodyn was explicit in what was available during these times of war...perhaps you can request more, or join us in the laboratory?"

"Ingrates! Flea bitten imbeciles!" Nylock growled, aiming a kick at a slanted vial but prudently pausing before he cracked the valuable material. "You should all work for ME!...Myrnodyn? Ha! His advancements were mere parlor tricks compared to mine! You serve him then? Overweight pup never had respect for me in the first place...no wonder I'm being limited to such basic chemistry sets."

Frowning, Terroll could not help but loose a small growl, pointed teeth glimmering in his grimace as he tried to keep himself under control. Mynodyn was not someone to be mocked...not with the substantial progress he'd presided over in the past several years. Normally a cool headed chemist, Terroll was not beyond the fighting prowess Myrnodyn had tried to encourage in each man or woman under his command.

"Watch your words stranger,"
Terroll cautioned, golden fur racing up his arms as muscles rippled beneath a stark lab coat and ty-dye t-shirt. "If you want to whine about our generous contribution to your repairs...feel free...but don't you dare insult Myrn-"

"Mangy mutt," Nylock interrupted with a raised eyebrow, "Impotent canine, Drooling Dog...need I go on?"

The punch came a tad swifter then Nylock could react to, Terroll's transformed fist taking the scientist off his feet to land prone on the dust outside the Shapeshifter laboratory. Stunned, Nylock simply laid there, unmoving.

"Terroll..." Lysha chastised softly, running her pale fingers through his tawny mane, "You should really watch your temper...he's only human after all...you could have killed him."

"I know..." Terroll sighed, catching her hands and pulling them around his shrinking ribcage, "But after all Myrnodyn has done for us...I can't simply let some cocky stranger insult him."

"I understand darling,"
Lysha replied, pulling him back toward the doors. "When he wakes perhaps he will have learned at least a margin more respect for our people. In the meantime..." She giggled, her hand trailing down toward his buttocks, "Let's finish up our work so we can take a break early, I almost forgot how assertive you can be."

He smiled, his own hands caressing Lysha's abdomen...almost feeling the life inside. Yes...Myrnodyn had done much for them, had helped Lysha regain the ability to have children after her sickness, and had created an environment Terroll was happy to raise a child in.

Casting a glance behind him, Terroll frowned at the human...resisting an urge to go back and kick him. Only idiots railed about their own needs rather then the needs of others. More accomplished then Myrnodyn? Ha!

There was no one in the world more accomplished then he.

"Revolting,"
Nylock commented to himself as the couple drifted back inside, "No matter how many times I see it, nature truly disgusts me...animals in mans skin, preposterous."

Getting up and wiping away the blood from his already healed nose, Nylock retrieved the supplies he had been left and skittered back to his upended wagon...crooning quietly as he stepped inside to survey the damage.

"Oh the miseries of genius interrupted!" He lamented, picking up a fragmented vial with contents that had spilled over the lab floor in kaleidescope designs. "Ah specimen 47...I knew thee well...unfortunately you'll have to be replaced...hmm...would shapeshifter fetus do?"

Pondering to himself, the madman began to rebuild, his motions becoming faster and more precise the more lost to his delusions he became...this lab would be up and running in an hour...maybe less.

Then perhaps he could show this 'Terroll' a thing or two about proper respect. Till then he would rebuild...and begin gathering samples once more. The morgues HAD to be overflowing from the recent accident...perhaps he could play graverobber that night.

Ever pondering, ever musing, the scientist also made a note to get that sheathe...it was part of the Cycle no doubt...its power tremendous...even a small scale mimic with a tenth of its power could revolutionize shield technology.

First he'd have to bypass those apes with space guns and limited vocabulary...so a nerve gas might do the trick...and there was always the teleporting Myrnodyn...no...no...he had something special planned for his old once rival once colleague...

He just needed time...and this spider business (another matter he had to check in on) was a perfect distraction for the time he needed.

Summary: Nylock bitches about his simple equipment and gets K.O'd by a Lion shapeshifter scientist...It is revealed that there is great respect for Myrnodyn among his people and that he has done great things in order to gain such respect. Nylock is mostly disgusted and ponders stealing a shapeshifter fetus...but instead reveals his plot for the Sheathe of Iwaku...and perhaps a surprise for an old friend.

Torsty raised both his eye-brows with an expression telling he wasn't too impressed by the talking sword.

"Asmodeus is dead....or at least so I was told...you never know these days. One day they let you die and finally reach Vallhalla, the next....you wake up all alone in your bed."

As Torsty was speaking he noticed Palonis made an expressional reaction when he mentioned that 'Asmo was dead'. He didn't have time to give the ninja the word.

"Yer gotta be kiddin' me, right?" The artefact looked back and forth at Torsty and Palonis as if it was surprised in a somewhat threatening way. Bit of a temper on this one.

"Maybe lockin' ye'self up in them mountains fer 18 years finally 'ave turned ye crazy? O'course he's alive!"

Torsty took a step backwards before turning to Palonis. "Do you know anything about this?"

Sakura listened to Kohler's reply, throwing a quick glance at Pirogeth. Somehow, something about that man made her feel nervous, but Kohler's efforts to be kind pushed these thoughts away. She smiled and nodded, balancing the tray on arm and giving him a thumbs up, "Yup, Mr. GuardLeader-sir-sama! You're doing a great job!" She smiled brightly, "I won't bother you anymore~ Sorry Sorry!" Waving her hand in the air nonchalantly, Sakura bounded up the staircase again, humming a cheery little tune to herself as she made her way to the chambers that Myrnodyn had reserved for Asmodeus.

She stopped in front of the door. Taking a deep breath and puffing up her cheeks comically, she reached for the knob. She could hear Asmodeus...screaming ? Without thinking, in slight confusion, Sakura twisted the knob and pushed open the door in one quick motion.

"Asmodeus-sama!" she exclaimed instantly, worried that he might be in some kind of pain. She rushed into the room, hastily placing the tray of the pretty cake on the table and moving over to his bed. She reached for the sheets, slowly, but gently tugging at them. She wasn't sure what was wrong, but he seemed distressed.

"A-Asmo...Asmodeus-sama?" she spoke softly, tilting her head to one side, trying to get a glimpse of the man. Was he okay ? Had something happened ? Sakura glanced around. It didn't look there had been commotion in the room. She bit her lip and let out a small breath. Her expression turned serious. What should I do? What's the best thing to do in a situation like this? Should I get DynDyn-kun? Wait...I shouldn't cause commotion...This is Asmodeus-sama, after all. I can handle this. I just need to calm him down a bit to find out what's wrong...

Using her primary power of emotional empathy, Sakura let the SoulArts magic seep out of her mind, feels of peace and tranquility floating in the air around Asmodeus in order to give him some kind of medium to relax.

"Asmodeus-sama, it's Sakura. I'm going to keep you company, today! I even baked you a cake with prettypretty frosting~ How are you feeling ? Asmodeus-sama?" She talked softly, calmly. At the back of her mind she was worried something was wrong, but she knew it was more important to understand the situation before reacting to it in bias. She wanted to help Asmodeus however she could.

[After talking to Kohler, Sakura heads up to Asmodeus. Worried to hear him screaming and hiding under his covers, she uses magic to try and calm him while gently tugging his bed sheet off.]

"A sentient sword? What foul corruption of nature is this?" Glaring down at the quivering sword, Palonis looked at it with an expression suggesting that he was trying to incinerate it with eyebeams. "If that angel is now carting around possessed blades, then he must be contracting with demons of the foulest nature."

"Says the man who dresses in dark colors, hides his face, and throws around fireballs and shadows," Torsty remarked, gazing down at the sword with an expression of interest.

"That's entirely different, fool! My powers came from the sacred art of Ninjit-"

"Excuse me! If'n yer done jabberin' 'bout 'oo is badder 'en 'oo, ah'd like te see Asmodeus. TADAY!"

"I do not follow your orders, sword!" Palonis replied, raising his katana in both ends and pointing it down at the midway part of the opulent blade. "Whether or not you are a sword of legend, I can bet that my sword is just as legendary. So be quiet before I break you in half."

"Issat so?" Suddenly, the blade sprang up onto its handle, as if held by an invisible man. The vikings recoiled even farther, one of them stepping on a helmet and stumbling backwards before regaining his feet. "Ye talk big, Pyjama Sam, but ah'm the blade of an 'ero, an' we never lose."

"A hero, huh? You're one delusional sword," said Palonis, and he reached down to snatch up the blade, only for it to suddenly spin in midair, nearly taking his hand off.

"Uh uh. Ah ain't riding in yer paws. Ye'll just 'ave me out the nearest winda. Give me ta one o' them big guys, an' let them know tha' if'n they get any idears, they be losin' them proud waryer fingahs one bah one. Ah'm a sword o' legends, fool, an' I ain't gon' tol'rate swimmin' inna pond. Hear?"

"Fine! Just shut up and try not to be conspicuous," the ninja said, grimly aware that having a trash-talking sword riding at anyone's hip would be suspicious enough as is. They needed to find Asmodeus as soon as possible, before they got caught or the ninja went insane. Or maybe both would happen at the same time. Who knew?

------------------------------------------

On the topic of going insane, in the guest wing of the castle, Turd was doing his best to achieve this effect in the palace guards, who he believed to be his captors. Not on purpose, of course, but when one asks incessant questions, something has to give eventually.

"Do you think you can hold us forever? I need to see Asmodeus!"

"For the last time," spoke the guard standing by the door leading out of the guest wing, more patiently than the young summoner deserved, "you are King Myrnodyn's guests, not prisoners, Asmodeus does not exist, and if he did exist, we would not be keeping him inside this castle! Now shut up!"

"I don't care about your lies!" Turd countered, stepping back quickly if the guard made any threatening gestures. "You will release Asmodeus this instant, or face the wrath of Palonis's apprentice!"

"Oh, that's clever!" the guard stationed on the other end of the doorway said. "And I suppose you're the cousin of Julius Ryker, in addition to being King Rory's bastard child. Just go away, boy, and leave us be."

The other assorted guests and refugees were vying for space in the populated wing, with a large space in the main atrium set up with cots for the wounded. For the moment, the palace was one of the few habitable areas in the region, thanks to the destruction of the town and the nuclear wasteland just outside the city walls.

Turd, meanwhile, was restless. Having been separated from the dark angel shortly after the train's arrival at the station, he'd been sequestered in a cramped region of the castle and incessantly told lies. The way he'd been treated, it was almost as if he was a nameless member in this tale, a disposable nobody shuffled around on a board like a toy. This was completely unacceptable to the young summoner. He had to think of a plan to escape.

"Well, if he does happen to spring into existence again, be sure to let me know, alright?" he said to the guards with a smug smile. As he turned to swagger off and find out where that dragon had gone to, he instead staggered forward as one of the guards bopped him over the head with the flat of a masterfully crafted polearm, resulting in less of a triumphant exit and more of a hasty retreat, accompanied by laughter from said guards.

(Summary: Palonis and Torsty grudgingly agree to take the sword along to see Asmodeus while Turd is hatching a plan to escape from Myrnodyn's hospitable accommodations.)

MAIN HALL...

"Hey, Socrates!"

As Turd returned to the main atrium, rubbing his head, he was struck in the face by a bundle of fresh bandages. Catching them, he scowled at the man who had thrown them - a grizzled-looking robed fellow, with shaven head and plenty of stubble. He was standing amid a clutter of sofas and mattresses where the casualties had been brought.

"You want to be useful," Doctor Grant barked as he tied a tourniquet to a Lizardman's arm, "Bind some wounds."

A few others were helping Grant as best they could, stifling the screams of the injured, mopping brows, ripping linen into bandages. The veteran was keeping his cool amongst the chaos, but it was clear that many of his patients would not see another morning.

And other on the far side of the hall, where arched windows let in the fallout light, the rest of the Legacy Knights were gathered.

Feira_III_by_inespataco.jpg

They spoke in restrained whispers, their faces covered by hoods or masks.

"Another dark future unfolds," one muttered.

"Any one of these people could be the Anomaly," said another, with a glance to the Shapeshifter groups.

"No no no, the cities were hit before us. The invasion originated somewhere else, for sure."

"Nevertheless, a part of the Cycle has been broken. We have to find it."

"Any... any... news on the Counter Guardian?"

"Nope. Chaos has pulled a vanishing act. Not a goddam word from Temple Island. Best be assuming we're on our own here, friends."

"Then let's keep the Sheathe safe. It's our only advantage right now."

EAST WING...

By the stairway to the East Tower, a trio of robed figures stepped past the groaning guards who were only just recovering from Pirogeth's assault. Approaching Kohler and his stormtroopers, they gave a respectful nod.

_Knights_Templar__by_amex91.jpg

"Our thanks again, Guardsman."

The fact that only three men had come spoke volumes of how the Knights viewed Asmodeus - not as their lord and master, but more as a comrade. In another timeline the man who spoke to Kohler would have been a murdering cultist of the Crimson Eye. But here and now, he was a creature of chivalry and quiet determination.

The Knight stood next to Kohler, gazing at Pirogeth as the other guardsmen held him.

"What is your business here, stranger?"

TOWER CHAMBER...

Quivering, Asmodeus peered out from the tear-stained sheets, trembling eyes beholding Sakura.

Razilin's sister... the likeness brought memories like icy daggers.

Did she even know.... that it was he who killed her brother... who shot his ship from the sky and cast him into the inferno of the Misc Tower?

A warmth was spreading from a place in his sternum, seeking to loosen every fibre, relax every muscle. The smell of the tea and the cake moistened his throat, even though they would turn to ash and blood in his mouth.

"Please..." Asmodeus lifted something from beneath the sheets, offering it with both hands towards her. "It's too much... but you... you can take it..."

Even Sakura's SoulArts seemed to falter as the Sheathe was offered towards her. She felt a chill in her blood, little hairs rising all over her body in apprehension.

"No dark thoughts... you'll use it well, won't you...?" Asmodeus whispered. "Nothing can corrupt... little Sakura... little sweet Sakura..."

In that moment, it felt as if the world was shaking... the weight of history and fate almost too much for the fabric of reality.

[SUMMARY: The Legacy Knights remain vigilant as they wait in the castle. Meanwhile, Asmodeus offers the Sheathe to Sakura, thinking it will be safer in her hands.]

There was nothing to do but wait, nothing but listen, and nothing but sit there at gunpoint. He was about to make another comment when three knights came by asking him a question he wanted to answer since arriving here. "What is your business here stranger?" Pirogeth could not help but chuckle for no reason but to spite Kholer. He dared not move his arms from their positions as he explained the situation.
"The name is Pirogeth and my business is one of great importance. You all know these elders came from somewhere beyond the rifts in dimensions, and I came here using the same roads. If anything, I am the ambassador from the place known as Role Play. I came here hoping to receive aid in destroying a threat that has plagued all the dimensions in that realm. Our common enemy is the Elders and I am seeking out people with authority here, both political and physical, to fight off these fiends once and for all." Pirogeth now stood there awaiting a response or at least a signal for him to put his arms down.

[SUMMARY: Pirogeth explains that he came here from the realm of Role Play to get aid in eradicating the Elders.]

The chuckle did Pirogeth no favours, and nor did his explanation.

"As far as we know," the Legacy Knight replied, "Those things came out of the Forest and go by no name, Elders or otherwise. If you came here by the same means as the Noob Barbarians, then that gives us a problem."

One of Kohler's stormtroopers flicked off the safety on his rifle, the barrel moving closer to Pirogeth's head.

"What proof do you have of your claims?" the Knight asked, his cool eyes peering into Pirogeth's.

"Your absolutely right, I have no proof at all that I am not in league with these spiders or the noobs. Neither do I have proof that my story is one hundred percent accurate, but what I can prove to you is my determination in destroying those bastards." Pirogeth said admitting the truth. His hate flared for a second as he thought about the Elders and what they did to the realm he came from. He was so close to the top when they invaded. "Now either you can condemn me, right here right now, or you can accept my aid and give me a chance to prove myself. It is entirely up to you three and this gentleman with his finger ready to clutch the trigger."

[SUMMARY: Pirogeth admits he has no proof but poses the question of whether or not they should kill someone who could possibly help them a great deal.]

A certain survivor of the past arrived on the outskirts of the town, unnoticed by most. His silver eye happily took in the sights, although with a certain amount of disappointment. The young male expected something far more insane than the relatively anxious sight he saw here. There was no mass death or screaming or blowing up of houses, everything seemed normal. He sighed and rubbed his eyepatch with one sleeve-covered hand, comforting himself that he was not truly alone in his travels. He had company, he would always have company.

Soulless wandered the town curiously. He had heard from lurking on conversations that there was something to be had here, but it seemed not to be the case. At least, not immediately. There was no ground breaking up, and as far as he could see no giant spiders in his line of vision. He sighed and looked around, seeing strangers... a good thing, in his eyes. If he did not recognize anyone, then no one knew him and could call him out on whatever he had done in the past. Happily he breathed in the air about him, feeling his blood pump as it needed throughout his body.

Carefully, he leaned against a large building, beside a wooden door. He assumed this to be the castle, where he hoped that more insane things would happen soon. As of right now, this place bored him and he may soon merely leave to go somewhere else again, someplace more fun where he could maybe find another person to lead him. He had long left his previous leader, although he felt affection for him still. He quickly shook his head of such thoughts. The past was in the past. He was here now, and hopefully there should be something interesting happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.