The Elder Invasion: CHAPTER 2 - Shapeshift Town

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shapeshift Town - CHAPTER 2

MYRNODYN'S PRIVATE QUARTERS

Asmodeus holds court with the leaders and high-standing members of the Cult Quarter.

From the sidelines, I watch the angel, someone once so timid and quiet we often had to speak on his behalf, as he preaches to, attempts to inspire, cajoles and even outright berates the people in the room to his way of thinking. He is articulate, his behaviour erratic. I can't tell if the numerous personalities communicated are part of a tactic to confuse his opponents or if he's finally gone crazy.

I'd like to believe it's the former.

Yet I can't help but feel it's the latter.

Already I have the feeling, in the back of my head, that something has happened to the man I have followed for the last 18 years. He is no longer the man he was, nor is he again the Mad Angel, as the people call him, who fought in the Admin War. I'm almost certain now, from his actions, that the curse the Necromancer laid upon him has either been lifted or destroyed.

And that's a fact that terrifies me; the Asmodeus of old, my leader, always had the best interests of Iwaku and it's people at heart. This new Asmodeus, however, is a loose cannon, a rampaging bull; what his ultimate goals are, I don't know, but there's a distinct possibility that he could be out to hurt these people as much as he is to help them.

The radio in the room blares again, the same message as before. No-one reacts, the assembled group to caught up in their all-important debate to negotiate with someone who might be able to help. Sighing, I push my way through the crowd.
"I'm guessing no-one's gonna bother answering that, huh? Too busy arguing amongst yourselves?" I shoulder Fel out the way to reach the radio, muttering, "Fucking idiots...." to myself.

The radio has a lot with equipment I've handled before; it doesn't take long for me to figure out how it works. I lift the microphone to my mouth.
"This is Doctor Grant Page. I guess you could say I'm speaking for Myrnodyn, seeing how he and the others are too pre-occupied," I shoot the group a look, "Can I ask who's speaking?"

Grant watches the new Asmodeus as he argues with the others, the fact that this is a very different man who's personality is in flux slowly dawning upon him. Keeping out of the debate, Grant intervenes when no-one answers the Teknikans, chastising the group and asking the Teknikans who he is speaking to.

Reactions: 1 person

Musical Score: Reactor - DJ Darets - music inspired by S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl

Kohler bit back the urge for violence, though his hand drifted towards the holstered hellpistol at his
hip
"Perhaps you're not familiar with the history of those in this room, Lord Asmodeus has seen this world destroyed, he has seen himself cast down from near godhood to that of a rambling madman, the shifters, well, look outside, do they really look like they are ready to go on the offensive just yet?oh, and while I'm talking of forces with seemingly depleted resources, my old comrades at the barship have barely a skelton crew aboard, and all available forces are engaging the enemy in an attempt to retrive some 'cloning device' or some other such nonsense, the ISAF destroyed their base in teh region with nuclear weapons, and from what i hear over the 'old boys network' they're going into defense mode, so you acan probably count them out of the offense side of things for quite some time.

but wait, there's more, the bread cult no longer exists, Paorou Sama was destroyed at the end of the last war, and most of the Heroes who led the defense in teh last noob invasion are long since gone from this place, heroes like Blood Dancer Ace, Denku and Imperial Edgecrusher to name but three, so forgive me if i find your assertions without merit and your arrogance beyond absurdity, but you know nothing of this land, and would do better to realise that and leave the defense to those who can better direct the situation, 'leaders' such as Lord Asmodeus, Lord Myrnodyn and Carl Mccarthy" the words flowed from Kohlers lips in an angry typhoon that the veteran only barely controlled though his eyes burn with unrestrained anger.

"Sergeant Kohler, you would do well to calm yourself" Urieil Cautioned, before moving to stand beside Dr. Grant
"can you beleive this? 18 years or service and these windbags threaten to fuck it all up with their arguements" The knight muttered to hsi collegue under his breath.

Captain Nic had been yelling for a response nearly ten times now. He felt that his mouth was starting to dry up from all the exposure to the planet's atmosphere, yet he knew that his message had to be heard. Eventually another voice came through on his vehicle's communications system, at which point he shut his mouth.

"This is Doctor Grant Page. I guess you could say I'm speaking for Myrnodyn, seeing how he and the others are too pre-occupied. Can I ask who's speaking?"

Nic gave a blank stare, before he raised the mic to his lips again. He spoke with his usual neutral tone.

"Thank you. This is Captain Nic speaking; you can simply refer to me as Nic if you're not too particular with military protocol. I can see now why this place is all banged up."

Nic observed the immediate area around his vehicle from inside his cockpit before speaking again.

"We've been sent to eliminate this pest infestation before it manages to reach our side of the multiverse. Or universe, whichever. If we'd have thought that you people here sent those things to destroy us, we'd already be out and about trying to make sure that no one can live on this planet ever again. And if we had to do that now, I'd fire the first shot." His tone dramatically changed, to which he continued, "But let's forget about that first, shall we? With our allies in the Bread Cult seemingly gone and Insanity in chaos, I don't think I have a reason to let my comrades come and stay long here."

Nic paused again. "Now, we can decide to do this on our own with no regard for your people, or you can help us get rid of this threat. The Emperor is giving this a chance; if I were in his place, I wouldn't, and I'd just recall all my forces here to fight our wars back home." The bitterness in Nic's words could be sensed by anyone. "We consider this an opportunity to resolve any issues between our two worlds. State your leaders' intentions."

With those words, the Captain laid his back against his seat, awaiting the next message that would come across.

[SUMMARY: Nic, having heard Doctor Grant's message, responds in full statements, explaining how his allies can forgo trying to deal with the people of Iwaku, either by destroying the planet or by leaving the people to solve the problem by themselves. Trying to keep the intentions of his leaders, however, Nic offers them a choice.]

Yet another familiar name from the war long ago we arrived at the end of. Nic speaks with the brisk, authoritative tone of a through-and-through military man; I can tell he's the sort of man who'll kill another in war, but never stab someone in the back if he can help it. He's telling the truth, and we could use all the help we can get.

"Checking with them now, captain. Bear with me here," I say into the microphone, and I turn to the assembled leaders. "You all heard that, I trust, or were you too busy squabbling? What's your response?" I throw an irritable glance over at Kohler. "And sergeant, take your hand off that pistol or you'll fucking lose it. I've killed men for more subtle threats than that."

I lean back against the wall, between Uriel and the radio, glancing over at my fellow Knight and quietly replying, "Welcome to the wonderful world of politics, mate. These prats would rather sit about and complain that nobody's doing anything about a particular given problem, like, say, rampaging giant spiders and Noob hordes, than actually fucking do something about the problem."

All I can do is hope that Asmodeus can force them into action.

And that Asmodeus is still the man I think he is, and not... something else.

Grant replies to Captain Nic over the radio, and asks if the assembled group has a reply. After telling Kohler to calm down, he grumbles about the group to Uriel, privately hoping that Asmodeus can lead them yet still brooding over his own concerns about the Angel.

Pirogeth could only sigh. This man was stubborn to the core. He hoped his words had better effect on the others. "Look, I may no fuck all about this god damn world since I left it. Yet, the fact remains you either got to assemble some kind of force or die when those bastards come back. Sure we could spend all day arguing about who has the biggest set of balls, but, where will that get us?" With that out of the way he had to think about what Kholer had said about the armies. Nobody was left according to him. That left a single choice, to act like the enemy. "I got us an army of peons we can use for distractive purposes. We'll have to find a way to open up a stable interdimensional gate like the Elders do. You got anyone that can do that?"

[SUMMARY: Pirogeth retorts to Kholer's words establishing the remaining fact. Without an army to be led Piro thinks about another army they could use, one that apparently would listen to him. Yet, to get them they need to make a stable rift.]

Myrnodyn had been quiet through all this, contemplating the words of everyone assembled while some looked at him, and others at Asmodeus.
The big names were gone, lost in the last war. The state of the army was not as good as he had wished, as funding was sparse and had to be divided between civil matters and the three great institutions of shapeshifter town.

His scientists, yes, they were an asset. The greatest shapeshifting minds, and arguably the biggest research department in Iwaku. The shapeshifters had focused on advancement under the guidance of Myrnodyn, being a scientist himself. Few of those inventions made had had military applications though, as peacetime didn't welcome those inventions.

Could Myrnodyn truly say that the shapeshifters were stronger than before? Perhaps not. A melancholic expression showed on his face as he was thinking, and he sat back in his chair while paying little attention to the heated discussion all around him.

For some reason, it occurred to him that something was off about Asmodeus. Yes, the man had always been arrogant, but the shifting of the chair revealed more. Putting those chairs in his private quarters had been a good idea at the time. The edge in reading his diplomatic opponents was sorely needed at times. This time it seemed that the present Asmodeus was rather dichothomous in personality.

One DID indeed seem to long for a lasting peace, while the other was in it for the personal glory. The two had a common goal for now, but Myrnodyn dreaded what the outcome of the inner battle would be should the sides disagree.

Finally he spoke, as one of the knights Asmo had brought along answered the radio-call from the Teknikans. "Tell Captain Nic that we welcome his help, and that the Shapeshifters at least would enjoy better relations with such an advanced people. Apologize for the tardy reply, but re-iterate that we are currently meeting with the intent of seeing how to deal with this recent invasion of spiders."

He turned his gaze to archy for a moment and whispered to him so others wouldn't overhear. "We don't have a lot of funding or time left. Go to the R&D building. Take the elevator down to the lowest level and get into my office, roughly 7 steps from the door. Then teleport eleven metres straight down. You'll enter a storage space of everything deemed too dangerous to use unless absolutely necessary. Utter the command code: Junana. don't forget that unless you want to be a sewer rat for the rest of your life. In the left hand corner, under the header 'project 27DC-I' you'll find a biodroid prototype. It's...Grace's older sister, so to speak, her codename is Nanase. She's highly violent and unstable, so don't activate her untill you've had a good look at her programming. If you can fix her tonight we might stand a chance. Now go."

Myrnodyn then sat back in his chair, staring at Asmodeus for a moment as the chair took on a misty form and colour, much like a cumulus cloud, adding to the enygma of the shapeshifter regent. "That blubbering little Jack-tard, as you call him, has guarded the sheathe for eighteen years, after personally wresting it from Parou's greedy hands. And unlike SOME people, the power never corrupted him."

Myrnodyn leaned forward, his clear blue eyes gazing at the angel intently. "I daresay it would be MUCH safer in his hands than in the hands of the man who has betrayed us all before. Leave the Sheathe here, 'Abdiel', and I'll keep it safe and secure untill such a time as I can return it to Jack."

Myrnodyn didn't think the angel would willingly part with the sheathe, but diplomatic solutions were preferred over outright combat, especially since he was not sure if all of the shapeshifters combined were strong enough to take it from the roleplay prince. After two seconds of silence to emphasize his point, he continued.

"As for the siege, perhaps you are right. Perhaps the shapeshifters HAVE fallen from grace. However it seems that we've just gained a powerful ally, which will no doubt improve our chances. Our scientists are the greatest in the world, if anyone can deliver fast results it's them, though you are right in the fact that they can do little before sundown. The shapeshifters still have a few tricks up their sleeves regardless. You also forgot that we have an academy full of mages here. If I follow the advice of those present here, I can assign five of my best mages to each man present here, which combined with our own abilities should be a force to be reckoned with. Taking into account what Pirogeth has told me, If those mages focus all their power on the joints of the machines, we can take them out without the help of the sheathe."

Myrnodyn looked around the room, and made eyecontact with each and everyone present. "I think we can make this, with the help of all of you. If any of you has a better idea, bring it forward and stop wasting precious preparation time. If not, I suggest every one of us starts preparing for the feast we'll be giving this evening. After the feast the shapeshifters will prepare to defend their homes. I suggest all of you prepare for battle as well."

(Summary: Myrnodyn contemplates what Asmo has said, but shakes loose from the melancholic thought process it causes. He accepts the Teknikan offer of help as diplomatically as he can, hard-pressed as he is, and tells Archy how a mage of suitable strength can find the secret stash of the shapeshifters so he can collect a powerful weapon. He defends Jack and asks Asmo to part with the sheathe of Iwaku voluntarily as he would rather have such a powerful tool was not used by anyone. He then further explains how he would propose to battle the spiders and forces the meeting to an end, one way or the other.)

After speaking, Archy leaned quietly against the doorframe. The gears in his mind were turning over everything they had at their disposal, and what they were up against...

Mryn mentioned Grace's sister, which completely derailed all trains of thought. Learning that Grace actually had a sister only raised more questions for him; Why Mryn had kept her secret, how Grace found out, and the continuing one of who altered Grace's memories.

"I'll take care of it. Though in the future I'd like to know if you need help on a project before the giant enemy crabs arrive."

Archy went back to thinking intensely. A thread came up in his mind, and he decided to pull on it.

"Now excuse me if I'm completely wrong here...But if the Sheathe of Iwaku can truly block anything, then if we get to Anirue forest we can use it to shut down the gateways the Elders are using to spawn. From there the mages can patch together temporary seals to fix reality long enough for us to research more permament ones. From there it should be relatively easy to clean this whole mess up and get on with our lives. Just a thought."

((Summarry: Archy suggests using the Sheathe to block Elder reinforcements so that the mages can put up seals to give them some more time to think.))

Asmodeus was still standing face-to-face with the silent Palonis, neither man breaking eye-contact. The angel had ignored Piro's next comment, but Myrnodyn's suggestion made him turn his head at last.

With a dark chuckle, the angel lifted an arm and leant against Palonis's shoulder while he looked back at Myrnodyn. "Oh DynDyns... surely you must understand..." His smile twisted out of shape. "I'd sooner ram the Sheathe up your arse than give it back to little Jack."

The retort brought the room to silence for a moment, but then Asmodeus put his arm around Palonis's neck and squeezed it with a macho laugh. "Aha, I've missed this!"

Unhooking from Palonis, the angel returned the centre of the room, like the jester in Myrnodyn's court. "As for better ideas, I suggest we acknowledge the fact that Iwaku City and Dystopia itself have failed to survive their own seiges. As a man who lost five Towers I can tell you... the Cycle loves to bring shit crashing down!"

He moved over to Kohler, straightening the man's uniform for him. "We've lost Iwaku, boys and girls. Now it's time for guerilla warfare. I say we use the Barship and the Teknikan Fleet to get the civilians to safe-ground. Then those of us with balls as big as Piro's should find out where these things are coming from."

He nodded at Archy. "And then, like the puddy-cat says, we use my Sheathe to block their entry-points."

He suddenly jumped to one side, leaning down and hugging Sakura from behind. With his chin on her shoulder, he whispered to her as he watched Myrnodyn's reaction. "Ooh, it's gotten interesting now, hasn't it Saki? What's everyone gonna do? Frontal assault with the doggie, or sneak-attack with the birdie?" He swayed left to right, still holding onto Sakura. "Tick-tock, tick-tock!"

[SUMMARY: Asmodeus threatens to hurt anyone who tries to take the Sheathe from him. Then he makes a counter-proposal - one that involves abandoning SS Town and using covert tactics against the Elders.]

Finally the discussion was making sense. The proposition, or perhaps ultimatum, given by Asmodeus was indeed acceptable by Piro's standards. He had been waiting for a chance to get back at the creatures that ruined his future. "Alright, that sounds like a plan then. I'll go and prepare, if you don't mind me leaving this conversation early." Pirogeth did not wait for an answer, his mind was on revenge the powerful and gambling emotion.

"It's always gotta be about you, doesn't it, angel?" Revolted considerably by Asmodeus's fake expressions of friendship, the ninja had crossed his arms and turned his head sideways sulkily, silently welling up Ki power within himself in case this angel got any urges to act chummy again. Seeing the fool set himself alight trying for a group hug would be remarkably satisfying, if not for the possible collateral damage.

Being blinded by his hatred for the angel made Palonis less of a thinking man than usual. Anything that Asmodeus touched was putrid, anything he thought of was doomed. This was all that the ninja was thinking, and in that mindset, he found many bitter words to lash out with. "Whether or not your plan has merit does not matter, murderer. The mere fact that you are a pivotal cog means that this scheme will fail, and more will die."

"I used to believe that you would solve our problems," said the ninja, advancing towards the arrogant man, "but maybe your existence is the problem. All I know is that letting you hold onto the sheathe and keep all your angelic powers is destined to send the world to its doom again. The players may change, but the cycle does not. You will kill people again. It's only a matter of-"

"Umm...excuse me, am I interrupting something?" The familiarity of that voice made Palonis turn mid-sentence, and sure enough, there in the doorway stood his old apprentice, holding a sheaf of papers under one arm and looking both happy and puzzled. Before the ninja could even pop the obvious question, Turd beat him to the punch, asking, "Wait...Master Palonis? And Master Asmodeus, you are looking much better. What happened?"

"What I'd like to know is what you're doing here, Turd," Palonis said sharply. "Don't tell me you've been working with the angel."

"Actually," the ex-apprentice replied, slowly walking in and not meeting anyone's gaze, "I'm on assignment from Master Myrnodyn. I'm here to give him a transcript of my findings, meticulously written down word for word in highly legible handwriting. I barely know what any of it means, but I imagine that it is important."

"Your findings, eh? And what exactly would you know about?"

"Abdiel, Master!" Turd announced, passing the papers to Myrnodyn. "You know, our temple!"

"Wh-whatta-wha-wha-WHAT?!" It was rare that the apprentice saw Palonis stumble over his words. It just seemed to be a natural thing for him to know what to say in any circumstance. Apparently, the revelation that the young man who had once been his student was now revealing secrets to the enemy had not been one of the things he had planned a response for. Considering who had trained Turd though, he should have seen it coming.

Calming himself down quickly, the ninja addressed the group at large, "Excuse me for a moment," and shuttled Turd out by his arm, leaving a large disorganized stack of documents in Myrnodyn's care.

(Summary: Palonis prepares to harangue Asmodeus some more when Turd comes in with a transcript of the expedition at the temple on Mount Iwaku, named Abdiel. Palonis doesn't take well to this, and leaves the room with Turd in tow.)

Sakura watched Asmodeus in his brief staring contest with Palonis,

"You're all insane."

She couldn't believe the way everyone just kept jumping from past to present like they were flipping coins to decide who went first. It made her want to scream as loud as she possible could until they were all silenced of their silly comebacks. One after the other, each one of picked at their other's faults and voiced concerns that were, at the moment, in her opinion, completely useless to the "plan" they were trying to create. Half of their sentences had words of profanity that made her cringe to hear, but still, she felt sympathetic that they were only prodding each other's tempers.

"You said we needed a plan, but all you're doing is getting on each other's nerves..." Sakura muttered, watching as Asmodeus paced the room, continuing to speak of what Iwaku City and Dystopia lacked.
Asmodeus plopped himself onto her in a hug, saying things that made her want to smack him, even if he was some all too powerful angel. And what was this about the sheathe? Hadn't he just given it to her earlier? But that hadn't been the same Asmodeus, had it? Would she get the same cold reception if she asked for it back? Was she better off without it? Sakura wished she had answers.

As Asmodeus swayed from side to side, Sakura felt a little dizzy. The build up of their words inside her head jumbled up into one big storm cloud. She couldn't see what was pointless and what was relevant. It was all one big mess. She couldn't even think anymore. She wanted to scream. "Asmodeus-sama, stop it!" At first she wasn't sure if she was talking about the moving from side to side or his cruel words. She took a deep breath, what did she really want to say ? And then, before she knew it, the words came pouring out in a rush,

"Stop instigating everyone. And all of you, bite your tongues and stay still for a minute. Being at each other's throats isn't going to change the fact that we're going to be attacked by spiders. It isn't going to heal the injured people and for sure, it isn't going to save Iwaku. So shut up for a second and consider DynDyn-kun's plan, will you? And what do you think of Torsty's plan? If I hear one more irrelevant insult, I'm going to put you all to sleep!" Sakura burst out, almost angrily, but not quite. Along with her words came her power of SoulArts, using her voice to calm their anger and attempt to rationalize their thinking. She wanted to them to stop arguing and start discussing the plan. If they accepted DynDyn-kun's plan, then all was well, but if there were other things to discuss, there was no way they were going to be able to if they continued this way.

Sakura wasn't the type to care about what had happened in the past. She forgave quickly and put little thought to it afterwards. For whatever they had done, people like Asmodeus and Paorou-sama had a place in her heart because of who they had been to her. If someone, even if they were the biggest villian out there, could express a tiny bit of kindness to a child like her, then she could forgive any deed of their's simply because she had seen the kindred soul they could possess. As long as there was some goodness in a person, Sakura believed, there was a possibility they could become a better person.

If these people in this room were mortal enemies, there was still some way they could work together. They just had to open up and accept that. Sakura wished they would hurry up and agree on a united plan. There were lives hanging in the balance.

[Sakura gets fed up with their pointless arguing and bursts into a little speech about getting it together. She uses her Luminous Voice, her power of SoulArts to make them feel calmer and rationalize their angry mindsets.]

Listening back and forth to what everyone had to say the fact that most seemed more interested in telling how they disliked each other instead of trying to make a plan for how they all could work together against their common enemy, disturbed him. So when Pirogeth ended the conversation and silence covered the room, the viking finally opened his mouth.

"Okay, okay! So....what have we concluded?" Torsty took time to point fingers at everyone, moving in a circular way. "So...you hate him....and you hate him...." Then, he suddenly stopped. "And you ALL....hate him!" He ended by pointing at Asmodeus.

"And! Lets not forget! Our armies are just lame and outnumbered compared to the number of the enemies, which from what I know, is uncertain." He paused. "An endless stream of enemies of these spiders calibre sounds delicate to me, but.....thats another discussion..."

Did any of his blabbering really help? He ended his little speech with what he had originally decided to share.

"I have about 200-300 men at my disposal that will arrive by my orders. And as you might know, our speciality is to fight while being outnumbered. Still, I'd like to keep them in Vetmimir. As I foresee something even more powerful than what we have already encountered coming...from the Gosai Mountains. According to the....notes...I was left behind, there is still some time to focus on other obstacles we may face before that."

And with that, the viking went back to his former place to give the spotlight to someone else.

[[[SUMMARY:
Torsty speaks and shares what he can aid in the cause.]]]

I haven't given much attention to the girl Asmodeus is holding up until now, but something about her words make the room seem to calm slightly. She makes sense, too, imploring the bickering leaders to actually do something useful rather than stand around with metaphorical hands at each others throats.

I nod to Myrnodyn, glad that the leader of the Shapeshifters is finally doing something useful, and turn back to the radio.
"Captain? Doctor Page here again. The 'Shifters say you're welcome to join them, and that they would greatly appreciate any help you can give. Guess you're cleared to come in, in that case. Over and out."

I lay the microphone and turn to look at the assembled group. "It's kinda despressing that I need to remind some of you of this, but YOU'RE IN FUCKING CHARGE ROUND HERE, SO TAKE CHARGE! Instead of standing around reiterating the fact that you don't trust Asmodeus, actually do something useful! The enemy's at your fucking door, and this is all you can do?

"Whether you trust Asmodeus or not doesn't change what he and my fellow Knights have done for the past 18 years. We've worked tirelessly, defending you all from threats you never knew even existed. He's protected you for nearly two decades, and now when he suggests action, all you want to do is argue?"

I shake my head, and begin to move to the door. "Now, I'm off to do something fucking useful and help the wounded. I suggest you all do the same." I move past Asmodeus, and stop briefly, whispering to him, "Please don't let my faith in you be misplaced. Prove these bastards wrong."

With that, I head out the door and back towards the infirmary.

Grant passes on Myrnodyn's message to the Teknikans, and proceeds to berate the leaders for their inaction, reminding them that Asmodeus and the Knights have been defending them for two decades. He then leaves for the infirmary, asking Asmodeus to prove the group wrong.

Aki faced the guard a smirk playing across his face. "Young but not without a trick up his sleeves." bending down he grabbed the upper guard's ankle and the guard's arm with his other hand.

Framond and Megane felt a light touch on their shoulders as Aya pulled them down into a crouch.

With a small grunt Aki rolled the surprised guard over his back and threw him over the heads of the other three. The guard collided with the one below them and without even looking back Aya pushed Megane and Framond up the stairs and they ran down the corridor, as a voice echoed up from the dungeon "Well hello sailor, looks like we.." the rest was lost as they raced onwards.

Aya felt something, against the wall the helmet of a suit of armour turned to follow her.

"The next big thing is coming. Take Aki and meet me outside. The others are already going where they need t be."

Aya didn't question the voice. The grabbed her brother's arm and slowed down before pulling him into a side passage and towards the gate. Aki looked at her and nodded giving his arm a jerk and pulling Aya off of her feet. Aya's arms wrapped around Aki's neck and she held on. His sister on his back Aki sped up barreling out of the gate and away from the castle. "Mr. Tea. Aya whispered into Aki ear and she pointer to a figure quietly sitting on a bench sipping from a hip flask.

Megane-kun stepped backwards but bumped into Faramond who was standing behind him. Faramond thought he should move back, but, he had his back already against the wall.

"Young but not without a trick up his sleeves." Aki smirked at the guards.

Aya pushed megane-kun back, perhaps so that the two be safe when Aki begins his assault, and so megane-kun's body became even more pressed against Faramond's.

megane-kun looked at Faramond with confused eyes. "You...?" megane-kun was about to ask when Aya pulled both Faramond and megane-kun into a crouch. It was but a light touch on their shoulders, but being panicked and all, Faramond dropped to the floor, pinning megane-kun below him.

"Sorry... you okay?" Faramond asked megane-kun. But even before megane-kun acknowledged the question, Aya pulled the two up, "What are you two guys doing? Come on! Hurry!"

The two found themselves pushed up the stairs by a surprisingly strong Aya, who was running like crazy.

The sounds of soldiers can still be heard from downstairs, but are getting fainter and fainter. One of the last things Faramond heard from the soldiers was something like "Well hello sailor, looks like we..", but he wasn't sure, though he was sure some of the guards would definitely have a good time now that their prisoners are gone, but he hadn't got time to think about those things.

"You know what?" Faramond turned to megane-kun, who was running behind him, "I wish those two hadn't busted us out of that prison." Megane-kun didn't reply, but his face turned reddish.

The two continued running, escaping from the castle guards, and with the castle being built like a maze, with all of the winding staircases and meandering corridors, they soon lost the guards.

"Oh, who are you again?" megane-kun asked as the two ran through another corridor. Faramond stopped running and turned back at megane-kun and looked at him in the eye. "Do you really think now is the best time to remind you of our names?" Megane-kun shrugged, "I dunno...."

Faramond sighed and shook his head and looked at megane-kun once again. megane-kun and the empty hallway behind him. There were only the two of them.

"Where are Aki and Aya?" Faramond asked, to which megane-kun replied by turning around. "Who?" megane-kun asked back, "There's nobody else with us."

"That's why I'm asking!" Faramond growled.

"THERE!! I HEAR THEIR VOICES UP THERE!" goes an echo heard from one of the stairs leading to the corridor.

"Oh shit!" Faramond muttered to himself as he took megane-kun by the hand and started running trough the now-bewilderingly long corridor. It was a carpeted corridor in one of the upper levels of the castle. Here and there were wooden doors, but all of them were locked. Increasingly panicked, Faramond dragged megane-kun further and further down the corridor until they reached its end. There was a window which overlooked the sea of rubble around the castle, and a large double-door. Faramond looked at megane-kun who looked back at Faramond. From a distance, the hurried footsteps of the guards can be heard.

Heaving a deep breath, Faramond opened the door and entered it, pushing megane-kun in first before entering it himself.

<hr>summary:
Aki attacked the guards to make an opening the group to escape. While escaping, Aya and Aki lost Megane-kun and Faramond who ended up in the corridors in the upper floors of the castle.

The two almost got trapped in one of those corridors but managed to enter a room before the guards got to them.

Shapeshifter Castle: Eastern Guest Wing.

As Megane and Faramond closed the door, they were greeted by the sight of a slender woman in simple robes, with her back turned towards them. She turned her head and showed them her beautiful hazel eyes and a radiant smile before turning around completely, revealing the slight curve of her stomach, indicating the first outwards signs of pregnancy.

As they looked around, still slightly out of breath from the running they could see the room was lushly decorated, and to them it would seem obvious that it was one of the better rooms in the castle. The mahogany desk and the carpeted floor surrounding it were littered with scientific equipment, some of which looked familiar to Faramonds eyes, while others were completely unrecognisable.

"Why are you here? Has my husband sent a message or..." Her eyes widened a bit, but her smile never faded, as if she just realized something. "Quickly, behind the door!"

With a surprisingly strong shove she pushed them in the corner as a on the other side of the door, shuffling of feet sounded, followed by a series of knocks. As the woman opened the door, it became apparent that the guards had caught up to them. "M'lady, have you seen four youthful looking prisoners come this way? We are pretty sure they disappeared into this hallway, and the other rooms are empty."

The woman thought for a moment, and then shook her head. "No, I heard a shuffle earlier but that might have been my imagination, I definatly haven't seen four people recently, let alone prisoners." The guard, invisible behind the door between him and the two escapees, mumbled something under his breath and then spoke again. "Anyway, we appreciate your help M'lady, and I'm sorry to have disturbed you."

Lysha smiled and closed the door, patiently waiting for the footsteps of the guards to disappear before turning to Faramond and Megane. "You'd better explain to me what happened quickly. We might even be able to save your friends." She said, at which moment the door suddenly burst open and a broad-shouldered man entered the room.

"Lysha, Myrn ordered me to..." He paused and blinked, looking at the unexpected guests in his room. "Myrn asked me to look into the matter of the strange behavior of the guards personally. But I see you already managed to start the investigation." Teroll laughed. "As expected from my beautiful wife."
-------------------------------------------------

Shapeshifter Castle: Myrnodyn's private quarters.

Slightly shocked to discover that Anton WAS or HAD in fact been the apprentice of Palonis, Myrnodyn took the brief interlude in the arguing to browse through the papers in his hands. Familiar and unfamiliar names drifted it and out of his vision while his mind calmed down, his fury repressed by Sakura's soothing magic.

"Lycan queen." He mumbled. "Blooddancer, Edgecrusher, Razallin." He followed with a deep sigh. "Abdiel."
He doubted his own name was there, as he had not been brought into this world as much as drifted in on the trail of another. Nevertheless it would be worth going there. Data clearly indicated the place was of some importance to the spiders, and if he could believe Asmodeus' words, this whole mess was entirely intertwined with that fateful temple.

Looking up from his papers to hear the last of Torsty's words and seeing Grant leave the room. "Your warriors would be welcome here Torsty, but I think you are right. I believe those warriors will be sorely needed in the Gosai mountains sooner or later, and so I'd rather keep them there."

Looking around the room Myrnoden adressed the entirety of the gathering. "We have two plans now. As the angel said, Please vote for one or the other, and we can prepare ourselves for both the feast, and the battles ahead."

(Summary: Myrnodyn skims through the papers and makes plans for the future, adressing Torsty first and then asking everyone to vote on which plan they find to be of more merit. Meanwhile, Lysha (Terolls wife) finds two escapees in the guest-chamber she and Teroll occupy, and helps them out, just before Teroll enters the room with the news that Myrn has put him on the case.)

"Seeing as how it's unlikely any of us can stop Señor Asmo from participating if he wants to, I say we get his help on this." Archy stepped away from the doorframe, and out of the room. "Anyways, I've got work to do. Ciao."

Punching Mryn for making one of their children without his input would have to wait. Archy wanted to see what this Nanase was like first, and why she was kept locked away.

(Archy votes in favor of Asmo, and leaves to get Nanase up and running.)

As Sakura's soul-magics enfused the room like sweetest incense, Asmodeus's arms loosened around her. With a sigh the angel stepped away and retired to the edge of the room as the other delegates placed their votes. His gaze lingered on the papers in Myrnodyn's hands. He was itching for a look at them, but this conference had suffered enough distractions already. He would get the doggie to give up the ball later...

As Archy said his piece, Asmodeus met up with Uriel by the doorway. He leaned in, half concealed in shadow as he spoke. "How many of our knights remain?"

"Counting myself and Grant, twelve of us, plus fourteen squires and three clerics. With the twelve knights we could..."

"Eleven," Asmodeus corrected, looking up at Uriel then away. "Telikan was killed in the hallway. Nether-agents tried to stop my curse being lifted. He died fighting them, along with Torsty's bodyguards and the Shifters assigned to guard me."

Uriel's face was like ice, his mind processing this loss as he had processed all the tragedies of the last two decades. The sergeant folded his arms. "We'll bury him tonight."

Asmodeus shifted a little, clearly uncomfortable with the serenity that Sakura's magics was forcing on him. He looked away again, his mouth twitching with a smile. "You've led these knights well, Uriel. Lamord would have been proud of you."

"I hope he'll be proud of you too," Uriel answered, keeping his tone deliberately ambiguous.

There was a pause and then the angel's lunatic smile stretched again across his face, and his eyes slid across to make contact with Uriel. "Just remember, Sarge, I'm not your leader. We're in this for Iwaku. The moment I lose the faith, you take those eleven knights, thirteen squires and three clerics... and you rip my heart out any way you can."

He jabbed Uriel in the chest and winked, before turning back to watch the proceedings.

[SUMMARY: As Sakura's magics calm him a little, Asmodeus discusses with Uriel the status of the Knights of Iwaku.]

Faramond and Megane-kun found themselves inside one of the better rooms of the castle: a rather familiar, yet unfamiliar room that reminded Faramond of one of those early modern laboratories, or perhaps alchemic laboratories he had read in some books. Megane-kun, on the other hand who was pushed not-so-gently into the room, took some time to get up and stood in awe of the room.

A sleek, yet pregnant, lady smiled at them and beckoned them in, "Why are you here? Has my husband sent a message or...." The expression in her eyes changed as if she realized something. "Quickly, behind the door!" With a surprisingly strong shove the lady pushed them to the corner, with megane-kun's back against the wall, and Faramond facing him.

On the other side of the door, shuffling of feet sounded, followed by a series of knocks. Faramond and megane-kun tried their hardest to make themselves fit into the corner they were pushed into, even if it meant having to have their bodies pressed against the other's, and as the lady opened the door, Faramond's body became even more pressed against megane's. The wall pushing megane's back, and the door pushing Faramond against megane.

Faramond could literally feel megane-kun's heartbeat thumping on his chest, his heavy breathing blowing across his shoulders, and the occasional swallowing that Faramond could almost feel in his throat. He could feel the warmth from megane's breast. He could smell the places megane-kun has been into, mixing into his dripping sweat. He could almost taste him.

Faramond felt megane-kun. All of those things he thought about him, even those thoughts he never got to write about him.

"Who are you?" megane-kun barely voiced out.

"You'd soon know, as soon as I can get myself to even explain it to myself...." Faramond replied in his thoughts.

Faramond moved away from megane-kun as soon as he felt the door move away from him while megane-kun didn't move much.

"You'd better explain to me what happened quickly. We might even be able to save your friends." the lady asked them. But even before Faramond could answer, the door suddenly burst open and a broad-shouldered man entered the room.

"Lysha, Myrn ordered me to..." He paused and blinked, looking at the unexpected guests in his room, "Myrn asked me to look into the matter of the strange behavior of the guards personally. But I see you already managed to start the investigation." The man laughed. "As expected from my beautiful wife."

Faramond looked at the broad-shouldered man, and then looked at the lady Lysha, and finally looked at megane-kun before looking again at lady Lysha. He wondered if he should start speaking up, or wait until the broad-shouldered man to exit the room.

Megane-kun grabbed Faramond's wrist and held on to it tightly. "But then again," Faramond thought, "If this man's this lady's husband, I ... I don't think there would be any problem." Faramond looked at megane-kun and nodded reassuringly. "Besides, we've been in all sorts of trouble already..." Faramond grinned.

Megane-kun was surprised and confused by the changes in his companion's expression, but thought that maybe he should get started explaining. He drew in a gulp of air and cleared his throat. "Uhm, yeah, lots of things happened to me but," megane-kun began, "I was originally from the forest north-west of here and I went here to get Grace, Arachnion's daughter, some medical attention. But because of that, I don't know, the guards took me to the dungeons. Perhaps because they thought I was a dangerous person, or maybe they thought I harmed Grace and all. I don't know." Megane-kun shrugged his shoulders, "The guards seemed nice to me, or perhaps, a bit too nice."

Megane-kun looked at Faramond who nodded at him. "Before long, however, this person," megane-kun pointed at Faramond, "was thrown into the dungeons with me. But don't get me wrong. I don't even know him."

It was now Faramond's turn to breathe deeply and clear his throat. "Yeah, I was with the other two, though I don't know of their whereabouts now. Anyways, we were stranded in this town because the train got attacked and all. We figured out that we should make the best of the occasion and do a sight-seeing trip around here. We were taking a look into this castle when the guards accosted us, perhaps this was a restricted area? We didn't know."

"As for that 'strange behavior' of the guards you were talking about," Faramond shrugged, "I didn't notice anything that strange, perhaps maybe their wanting to have 'fun' with the prisoners and themselves... But maybe that's simply a side-effect of their being bored and being with themselves for so long... I don't know."

Megane-kun looked at Faramond and then at lady Lysha and her broad-shouldered man and shrugged his shoulders. "I guess that's all..."

<hr>summary:
The room Faramond and megane-kun entered turned out to be some laboratory of some Lady Lysha. Lady Lysha hid the two from the guards and asked them of an explanation of what happened.

The well spoken brat had gotten what he wanted...how droll to use his vast array of technology to glean a transcript of findings from some dingy temple. Ah well...no matter. Things had begun to cook up in the castle, word had it that the winged conqueror had returned to his far more competent glory and started planning with the Hooblah of Shapeshifter town himself...Myrnodyn.

Frowning his discontent, Nylock stalked down the hall and toward the outside...leaving tiny receivers here and there along walls and alcoves. He'd pick up on the conversations later...what awaited now was more research.

He needed to study them, these beasts of stone and magic...understand them and dismantle them...perhaps reassemble them for other purposes as well. The sky was rarely the limit nowadays...all one had to do was think bigger and they could crush far more then the boring stratosphere.

Tossing a stone dislodged by the Elder Spider trounced in town square, Nylock whistled a jaunty tune...no words to it, no need of words. The shapeshifters were too narrowminded...confined by ethics and morality, they might never figure out the way to track these giant walking spider gods.

Slipping into his lab, Nylock opened a compartment set beneath an emptied table to reveal the quivering form of a poorly clad woman in the darkness. "Ah…there we are," the scientist murmured, giving a cursory glance over the woman with appraising eyes "So glad to see you weren't too badly injured…I have need of your abilities, child." The woman wimpered…always wimpering…such a boring mode of communication, but the drugs had bled the fight out of her and constant experimentation had watered away her hope.

Pressing the stone into her pallid palm, Nylock made sure she focused on him…intense eyes…the kind of bright you see on jewels in dragon lairs…brighter only for the blood they watch spilt. "Find me the rest of them girl…we're going on a little hunt."

She nodded mutely, eyes wide and frightened…her magic was location based, and she'd been so proud of it months ago in the small tavern he'd took her from. Now she might view it as a curse…ah well, acceptable losses.

Throwing his wagon into movement once more, Nylock coaxed life into the steam horses and rose slowly into the air. Let the shifters think what they will…in fact…

"You there!" He called downward, a curious man on a curious flying wagon…talking to a slack-jawed guard. "Let the dog know that the next time he sees Nylock, I'll be seeing him from the top…be a good lad and deliver that message hmm?"

Even if the guard wanted to stop him, he was unequipped to deal with the device Nylock had raised…and in a moment, that same curious wagon drifted into the sky.

Moving to the north.

((Nylock is chasing after the Elder Spiders himself…stay tuned for his next appearance.))

Status
Not open for further replies.