The Easterling Army

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
She nodded, taking a small sip from the water skin, handing it back. "Thats understandable. If need be, i can purify the water to drink if we come across more..." She tilted her head slightly, "And as for the fighting part, i'd rather not fight in open space..." She shrugged slightly, "If its avoidable.."

Valtir took back the water skin and placed it into his travel sack. "Well, we might have to. Do you have any other weapons than your bow? If not, I'm certainly not short on weapons, and I could lend you one or two, as long as they arent damaged of course..."

Freya nods and tilts her head, "I have throwing knives and two daggers," She tilts her head, "Daggers allow me to be quick and nimble..."

"Ah, great. I'm sure you'll be fine then. I'm sure that if you can take out one of Mirkwood's spiders, then you can handle an orc or two. But dont worry too much. I'll never be too far away." At that moment, Valtir was just stating the truth. He didnt catch on to the full meaning of his words, and he continued walking.

She nodded slightly, and walked with him. Freya occasionally looking around, making note of any specific land marks and committing them to memory. Freya holds the string of her bow lightly out of comfort and smiles slightly, not regretting leaving at all, she hopes her father tripped over something and broke a leg...not that it was likely but she could dream

Valtir treaded warily as he walked down the other side of the hill to the lands in front of him. He had traveled through here once before, and what he had found was enough to make an army turn tail and run. There had also been horrid tales of fell beasts roaming the land, that he partly believed, even though he had only seen proof of a few. "If I stop, Freya, I need you to stop too. Dont ask questions. Just stop and stay quiet. There are things in this land that neither of us could fight, even if we were prepared."

Freya looked at him for a moment before nodding, "Alright..." She looked around slightly and then focused on walking, not that she really needed to focus but she figured that even elves could trip over at some point. She kept her hood up more than keeping it down. She liked the security it brought.

The two walked on for a few more hours, before they stopped out the front of a small rocky cave in the side of a mound. The back of the cave could be seen from the outside, but Valtir still stepped cautiously inside, making sure not to make too much noise. "Wait here for a moment..." He whispered to Freya as he stepped inside. "If it's safe we'll camp here..."

Freya nodded and looked inside the cave curiously before looking around the outside of the cave, checking for signs of recent activity, her hand hovering just over her dagger out of precaution.

As Valtir stepped inside, he listened closely. There were lots of possibilities as to what could be dwelling in this cave, but that wasnt what he was anticipating. He reached the back of the cave and pressed his ear to the dry dirt.

Nothing.

"We'll sleep here for the night, but sleep nearer to the outside please. I'll sleep closer to the walls..." Valtir seemed to be deep in thought as he stepped outside and examined the surrounding ground above to to the sides of the cave. He began mumbling to himself "Considering the... the dirt would... There's enough space... as long as we dont make noise..."

She tilted her head slightly at him before taking a look inside the cave, removing the hood as she entered, as her hair is up, a scar slightly visible behind the pony tail as it swings slightly, her boots silent on the ground and leaving no foot prints. She looked to the walls and then back to the entrance. She examined the walls silently, her head tilted slightly

After a few minutes, Valtir walked back into the cave, he unrolled his bedroll over by the wall, then sat down, pulled his water skin out, and took a few sips, before holding it out to Freya.

Freya turned and took it with a nod, taking a sip before handing it back. She sat near the entrance, enough to be hidden by passer by, but close enough to see anyone approach. She sat with her legs crossed, slightly slouched as she pulls her hood up and her hair over her shoulder, leaving it in its pony tail

"Stay near the entrance." Valtir repeated. "Hopefully I wont have to explain why..." He sat down on his bedroll with his back against the wall, looking out at the now setting sun. "The sun here is redder, as you would have noticed. It's from the pollution in the air. But if you dont think about that, it's actually rather... amazing..."

she nodded and looked at the sun, "It is rather amazing.....disregarding the pollution." her elbow on her knee and her head resting in the palm of her hand. She watched the sunset from under her hood.

Valtir sat in silence until the sun had set, watching both the sun and Freya's silhouette. Once night began to appear, Valtir laid down quietly and began to fall asleep. "Goodnight. See ya in the morning..." He positioned his head so it was close to the wall, and closed his eyes.

"Good night.." She said softly, her head still resting on her palm, Freya sat there watching the sky. She didnt sleep exactly but went into a trance to restore her energy until morning, still completely aware of any changes around her.

The night passed slowly, and it took Valtir a while to finally drift off. But when he did, his dreams were filled with yelling, and pain, and a vice-like grip that wouldnt allow him to move, let alone fight back. It was hell. He saw everyone he knew melt like wax and disappear before him, replaced by constant screams. Of course, he had had these dreams before. But there was something different about this one. He constantly felt anxious and jumpy, and constantly in the background, there was a quiet rumbling...

A quiet rumbling.

Valtir's eyes shot open. He sat bolt upright and looked over to Freya in panic. "Get out! Now!"

Freya jolted from her trance and looked to you, "You heard it too..?" She stood, and proceeded to cautiously, but swiftly, leave the cave, her hand on her dagger.

"Go! Keep going!" Valtir frantically tried to stand up and run, grabbing his sword, but leaving nothing else. He sprinted as fast as his waking self would allow him, and left it just as it erupted into a dirt volcano as one of the beasts of the stories and myths burst forth from it, it's sleek, limbless body and twisting, serrated mouth tearing forth, crushing and eating the earth. Before it's mouth returned to the ground, it seemed to look around, eyeless, yet hearing and feeling all.

Valtir stood still, then whispered slowly and quietly. "A creature created by Melkor in the first days. They've apparently been seen large enough to swallow all Minas Tirith, but luckily they tend to stay in the east. Were-worms... Valtir took a step back, and the behemoth swung it's head around to face him, with it's teeth beginning to turn in it's mouth again. Valtir's eyes widened. "Run!"