The Easterling Army

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
She scoffed, "Thats what your afraid of? me embarrassing you?! That's all your afraid of!" She looked to Valtir and shook her head, indicating that he shouldn't anger him, and then quickly back at her Father, "You have no right to force me to do anything, you lost that right years ago." She changed her stance to defensive. "Im mature enough to make my own decisions without my 'Father' telling me what to do and how to act and how to dress" She sharpened her glare, forcing her eyes to shift colours slightly.

"That right remains with me and always will!" He turned to the elf on the left, who was holding a lancet. "Get her."

The elf stepped forward, but not before Valtir had stepped forward also, blocking off access to Freya and drawing his sword. "The young lady has made her choice. It would be smart of you to let her go, Círdan... Do you remember me?" He said with a dark tone, addressing the robed elf. The elf's eyes widened with recognition and anger.

"Kill this man! he is a danger to my daughter and this families reputation!" He turned to he man on his right, who carried a curved blade and a shield. "Both of you! You'll pay for trying to steal my daughter from me!" he turned back to Valtir and stepped back as the other two elves advanced. Valtir gripped his sword with both hands and waited.

"Run, Freya! I'll find you after I deal with these three! Go!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Freya hesitated slightly, she could run and do as she is told, or she could stay, but she wasnt as fit to close combat as she was stealth. She let out a huff, glared at her father one last time and pulled her hood up, she backed up slowly, her hand on her dagger, watching the two elves in case one got passed Valtir, she knew them and didnt want to hurt them badly....just maybe a little, but she would do what was necessary.

The first elf lunged forward with his lancet, but it was quickly deflected as Valtir responded with equal aggression. His sword glanced off the elf's vambrace and knocked his hand away, leaving the elf's defense open. Personally, Valtir didnt want to spill any elvish blood, so instead of stabbing the elf through the heart, like he could have, he smashed the pommel of his sword into the elf's nose, causing him to fall back to the ground and release his weapon. Valtir then remembered about the second elf, and quickly turned to deflect an oncoming blow. He wasn't fast enough though, and when his sword came up to deflect the weapon, it missed the elven blade, which burrowed itself deep into Valtir's sword arm. He cried out in pain and dropped his sword, clutching at his wound. After a few seconds, he looked up, then with renewed aggression Valtir pulled out one of his daggers with his left hand and advanced towards to him, who seemed to be under the impression he had won. The elf struck again, but missed and was instead greeted with an elbow to the face. The elf too fell to the ground, and Valtir went down with him, holding the dagger to his throat. he stared into the elf's eyes for a moment, the pulled his dagger away and punched the elf in the face, knocking him out. His stood up, still bleeding profusely, and looked at Círdan. The elf looked at his fallen warriors, then with a look somewhere between anger, frustration and fear, he turned and ran back into the forest.

"Dont think this is over!" Círdan called over his shoulder. "I'll hunt you down for what you have done to my family and my reputation!"

Valtir chuckled, then turned back to Freya, looking exhausted. "Y-You didnt run...?" He took a step forward then collapsed onto one knee. The wound was just below his shoulder, but his hand was dripping.

"Of course i didn't run!" She twirled her dagger and placed it back in its sheath, which is strapped to her leg, she walked over quickly and knelt in front of him, "let me see..." Freya placed her hand lightly on his shoulder and had a look, muttering something about how he should have remembered the second opponent and tilted her head slightly, going for the far pocket on her belt, pulling out a bandage, "Hold still...." She also pulled out a small vial.

Freya poured the contents of the vial on the bandage, making the bandage glow a soft blue, her eyes replicating the glow as she mutters to herself.

Valtir winced at her touch, and pulled away slightly. "It just needs to be cl- Ooo... what's that?" he said, nodding at the vial. It looked pretty damn elvish and was probably something that would heal or cleanse. Either way, it was shiny and caught his attention. "And I cant fight two elves at a time. I was expecting a bit more of a fight, to be honest, so I figured the safest thing would be to put all my focus on one, then when I was done with him, I could put all my focus on the other. It didnt really work, as you saw, but I learn from my mistakes. I havent really fought elves before." He pushed up his shoulder guard as much as he could to reveal the full extent of the wound. It seemed to have cut to the bone, and blood was running freely from the lower half. "Oh, that's not good... Will that potion stop the bleeding?"

She nods slightly and tilts her head, holding the glowing bandage in one hand and pouring the rest of what remains of the contents of the vial straight onto the wound, making it glow slightly. As Freya prepares the bandage to be wrapped, the bleeding starts to slow and any interior damage starts to heal. She starts to wrap the bandage around his shoulder, covering the wound, almost like she had done this many times before. While she wrapped it, she whistled a gently tune. She tied the bandage off when she was finished and the glow faded slightly and she nodded. "There....Within a day or so the wound should be healed...for now, try not to do any heavy lifting..."

Valtir expected the potion to sting, but it felt almost like nothing. He looked up at Freya. "Thanks..." he mumbled. He wasnt really used to being helped with things like this, and it felt kind of wierd, but he was genuinely thankful. If that had continued to bleed, he might have not made it very far... After Freay was finished, Valtir got back on both feet and moved his arm around, getting the feeling back to his fingers. He looked back towards Mirkwood. "Do you think your father will follow up on that threat?"

She stands and dusts off her pants, "Yup, he will go to any length to make sure his family is 'Perfect'" She rolled her eyes then looked at him, "He will do anything to anyone, just to get that control over them..." She said it absent mindlessly, she tilted her head slightly, "Shall we keep going?"

"Definitely. I dont want to fight any more elves today. We had better hurry." He picked up his sword and pushed it back into it's sheathe, then started heading south, up the hill in front of them. He wasnt sure if he should warn her about what was over that hill, or if he should let her see it for herself. Maybe it wont affect her? He decided to stay quiet, because he couldnt think how he would tell her...

She started walking up the hill aswell, curious as to what is over it. She tilted her head slightly as she walked, pushing a strand of hair from her face. She looked back into the forest out of paranoia more than anything before turning to look in front of her. No going back now

"If you didnt notice, I've met your Dad before. No wonder you hate your family. I wandered into Mirkwood a few years back, and he didnt seem too fond of me then either. He told me that I had to leave, but I stayed around a little longer than I should have. I really wanted to learn about their lore. I ended up being chased out of the forest by a dozen or so angry elves. not too fun."

She nodded, "I did notice.." she chuckled softly, "Elves do tend to get angry are humans when they wander where they are not wanted..." She looked at him, "Was the interest in lore due to your heritage?"

"Yeah, pretty much, but I just really do like hearing about it. It's a very interesting story. My favourite story is the one of Melian and Elwë. It's rather beautiful..." They had almost reached the top of the hill. He decided he should at least warn her of what was to come. "You know what happened at the end of the second era, right?"

Freya tilted her head one way, then the other, "Kinda...I wasnt told much of what happened..." She looked at him curiously, "Is it relevant..?"

"It's rather relevant. The battle took place just over this hill. From what I was told, the lands here were once covered in grass and a few sparse trees. Now... Well, you'll see soon enough." After a little bit more walking, Valtir quickly jogged ahead the next few metres and stood at the top of the hill, looking down at the lands before him solemnly. He turned back to Freya who hadnt yet reached the top yet. "Freya... these are The Brown Lands..."

Freya tilted her head slightly, and when she reached the top she looked down at the land in front of her, her expression emotionless. "Oh...I see..." She adjusts her bow and let out a small sound that sounded something like a whimper before turning to you. "How long has it been like this?"

"This was the destruction caused by the battle, so since the end of the second era..." In front of them was leagues and leagues of plains and hills, all coated with a thick brown dust, and a few dead trees and logs scattered throughout them. Valtir pointed south-east. "The Anduin is that way. We have two choices here. Travelling through the Brown Lands will be difficult, as there is no food or water. We can either head towards the Anduin, or we could go directly south, which would take us to the Dead Marshes. Either way will take us to water... I need a moment to think..." Valtir sat down on top of the hill, staring out at the desolate wasteland before him. As a young child, Valtir had memorized the entire map of Middle Earth. Now he revised it in his head, trying to decide which path would be safest.

She nods solemnly and sighs slightly, staring out at the brown plains in front of her. she crossed her arms lightly and waited patiently for him to make a decision, not know this land, she figured it would be better for him to decide on a route

Valtir had been sitting for a while, but now he stood up and looked east.

"We'll go east, to the Anduin. I dont think you are ready for the Dead Marshes. Many people have lost their way there or fallen prey to the water. Our safest bet is to get to the banks of the Anduin and follow it south. Let's start."

And so the trek began. Valtir knew this would normally take around a month to cross here. Luckily there were small reservoirs scattered across the Brown Lands, so there would be a small amount of water, no matter how dusty it is. But with company, it may prove to take even longer. He took a sip from his water skin and passed it back to Freya. "Make sure you dont drink too much. We'll need to save it for when we really need it... Another thing. There are more than orcs in this land. Dark creatures moved into these lands shortly after the battle, lured by the smell of death. This journey wont be easy, and there are some fights I would prefer to avoid."