The Easterling Army

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
She nodded but didnt speak, as that would take her out of her trance like state. She had her head slightly tilted. Her energy was returning to her and she would leave her trance momentarily. She let her mind wonder slightly, thinking of the best possible place to looks for food and water. She could go days without either, but that wasnt the point.

They walked for a while longer. Kairon had been thinking for a while, and he knew that he could easily get all of his weapons remade. The only problem was that he had been through a lot with those weapons. They held countless memories, especially his sword. But know, they were all gone, digested by that disgusting worm. He continued to think for a few more kilometres, until he came up with an idea. He turned around to Freya.

"How did you pull me out of the ground before? I was thinking... there tends to usually be water deep underground in these parts. Could you do the same with that water?" She still looked like she was in trance mode, but before she had seemed to here him, so he waited for a reply.

Freya held out her hand and it glowed a faint blue, simply to show how she did it. She blinked a few times and looked to Valtir. "Magic...." She considered it for a moment. She probably could, but how much energy would that need? She shrugged slightly and thought about it. Moving dirt was easy, water wasn't to difficult. She would just need to figure out where the water was underground. So, she nodded, "I dont see why i wouldnt..."

Valtir walked up to her, refreshed by the thought that they still might have a chance of getting through these barren lands.

"It's rare that there is any water around here, but do you think you can find some? That would help us get out of here so much easier."

He swung his lance over his back and began digging a small well.

"If you can, get it to go in here, since we dont have a waterskin any more."

she nodded and knelt down so the well was in front of her, "there is often always water underground..." Freya tilted her head and held her hand out, palm down. She closed her eyes to focus and moved her hand in a slight circle, her hand starts to glow a faint blue as she mutters under her breath.

Valtir stood watching for a while, before he decided to sit on the other side of the hole and stare into it intently, ready for some fresh water. After a while of hearing her muttering something over and over, yet gaining no water, he sighed and straightened up, looking over at Freya.

"Have you done this before? Do you know if it will be clear or murky?"

Freya opened one eye and looks up at him, her hand still moving, "I can purify the water so it does not matter whether it comes up dirty of clean...And what i have or have not done, you will learn in due time...Besides...good things come to those, who wait..." She looks back down at the well, closing her eye and goes back to muttering.
Not to long later, bubbling can be heard from under the ground and slowly, the well begins to fill with clear water.

Valtir's eye's widened at the sight of the water and he laughed with happiness.

"I should have you around more often! This is an extremely useful trick. Do you think you can teach me that? I've learned a few simple elvish spells before." He began cupping his hands and scooping up the water to drink."

Freya chuckled and filled the well until it was full before she dropped her hand to her side. "well that depends..." She scooped up some water in her hands and took a sip. She nodded, "and to think, you weren't going to bring me along." She smirked slightly. She was tired, but she would live. A bit of a rest and she would be fine.

Valtir took another gulp, then laid down on his back next to the well and sighed contently. "What does it depend on? I'm a quick learner." He was still learning about his elven heritage and liked to push the boundaries of what he could do while being held back by his human blood. "With enough concentration, I've made a seed sprout before. Granted, it took about a day of focusing, but I managed to do it in the end..."

Freya held back a snicker and smirked instead, "a day huh?" She sipped the rest of her water and looked at him. "it depends on how patient you are...and the fact that I havent taught anyone before.." She raised a brow slightly. "How patient are you?"

"Well, as long as we're still travelling while you teach me, I'd be willing to learn whenever you'd be willing to teach. Just as long as you continue to remember that I'm the one leading you through middle earth, and not the other way around." He said with a laugh. "I just want to know as much as possible about what it's like to be an elf. I try most of the time, but I have limits."

She nods slowly, "Of course...i'll try not to forget..." She tilts her head, "You may have elven blood, but that only means you will have to work harder, and we will work with your limitations...and of course...learn to respect squirrels" She grins slightly and chuckles

He grinned and sighed. "You're never going to let that go, are you... Ah, whatever. Let's get moving." He rolled over, pushed his face into the water, took a mouthful, then stood up and shook his head. "You ready to move yet?"

She held a look of innocence, "nope", she then stood slowly, "I should be..." She stood for a moment, "Beside, we shouldnt stay here for long..."

"No, you're right." He said quietly, straightening his lance on his back before looking at the sun to gain his bearings, the facing in the direction they had to go. "Just tell me when you're ready. I dont want you to strain yourself too much after that feat. I dont want to have to carry you across these plains." He said with a slight laugh.

She scoffs slightly, and shakes her head, "No, its fine, i wouldnt want you to carry me anyway...you may drop me..." She tilted her head and raises her brow. "we can carry on, Elves dont need to rest or sleep persay, you should know that...I'll regain energy as i walk..." She looked to where he was facing, nodded and looked at him, "well, off we go.."

He stared at her for a moment, blinked, then turned around and started walking.

"Do i not look like I could carry you without dropping you?" He said quietly enough so only he could hear. It had been a joke, saying that he didnt want to carry her, but now he felt kinda embarrassed that she had bit back with an insult. He shook his head and laughed to himself. "Well, it's only midday, so we've still got several more hours of walking." he said over his shoulder.

She shrugged, and looked at him, seeing his expression, "never said that, its simple really... Im paranoid...and before i, for lack of a better term, shut down, i will say that i have no doubt you can carry me, but i have been dropped before, isnt a pleasant experience...So dont take what i say to heart." She pats his arm before going into her trance like state, she let out a small sigh as she did so, she kept her pace. unconsciously pulling her hood up

Valtir hadnt expected her to hear him, and was taken by surprise, but he calmed down as she spoke and once she went distance, he looked at the floor as he walked and a small, uncontrollable smile crossed his face.

The two had been walking for a few hours now, and the sun was beginning to disappear on their right. Valtir looked over at Freya, who still hadnt made a noise and had just continued to walk undisturbed. He held out his hand and gingerly touched her shoulder.

"Freya? We should stop now and make camp..."