The Dwindling Flowers

I only chopped off the tail of the y, it's why they call me Barry the Chopper... or something...

You don't have that nickname. You are known as That Derp, Fel, Felzlla, or Fellarina. >:[

I'll try to get the final post in tonightish.

Alright, Episode One Part A is completed. For Episode One, Part B this will be the first time that we'll act together as a team to fight against a common foe. Just because it's the first foe, don't expect it to be a walk in the park. The "room" pairings will be the same for battle formations.

I'll be attempting to make the Flowers act sort of like a military unit. Costant and Katyu are both the Enforcers, so they work as the offensive half of the team. Chiaki will be their backup. Emma, Ae, Judith, and the other Kat are the defensive team, though Kat will also be our scout for this mission. Use this scene for you to flesh out your attacks and the such.

Enjoy Part B!

You know, I found it puzzling that Katsyusha was the scout even when my character sheet was the first to explicitly mention a scout role.

I wouldn't mind it as much except that I initially would have preferred for the GM to have chosen my role for me in the first place. Trying to pick slowed me down in updating the sheet. But by the time I'd picked scout/bait, I had changed my mind and was pretty excited about playing that out.

Another reason why sometimes I just prefer vague-to-moderately-detailed character sheets--too detailed, and we end up contradicting them anyway.

But from a storytelling-and-logistics standpoint, having a character played by the GM be the scout--especially for the first mission--is a good idea. It lets you more easily set the tone and style of the first enemy encounter with less chance of mistakes.

So I'm just going to say, we should just go with your plan. Less chance of a cluster-watchamacallit that way. And I get to relax a bit.

Ah, if you have issues just post them here. My intention is that they work together, in which Chiaki uses the old bait routine while Katyusha is the more balanced attacker and can do most tasks, save for any sort of spell casting magic. You know sort of like Mario in Super Smash Brothers. ;)

Oh hush, you're in the room just didn't want to list everybody.

Idea: Next time, Emma can take over in the briefings. It'll help with her characterization of having extensively studied demons and magic and let me better play up Chaiki's personality of pretending to be less alert than she is. Win-win. :)

Sounds good to me.

Apologies for the short post; daughters birthday.

I guess that's allowable. Just as long as there aren't many ubershorts. :yeti:

Anyways will try to post tonight.

Hello, will try to get my post in sometime Tuesday or Wednesday.

@__@ I'm still trying to formulate one. Probably tomorrow, cuz it's almost bedtime.

Do a time jump to the start of the battle. We don't need to focus on pre-planning for ever.

Guess we're waiting for a Coffee post, unless he says otherwise.

As discussed between Coffee, Fel, and myself:
Okay
Here goes
Something a little leverage inspired. Everyone playing to their strengths. Maybe something like having Judith, the Doctor, and Constantia waiting nearby while Emma scrys what's happening inside. Chiaki and Katsumi enter the building pretending to be confused aspiring interns whose French isn't good. I imagine Katsumi would be more annoyed while Chiaki would play it up. While they're i
inside the factory, they place paper charms that Emma prepared. Some are explosive, some are surveillance related, barriers, traps, etc. Really up to Kitti--they're just courtesy Chekov guns.
I imagine Chiaki would remain to keep up the distraction while Ae and Katsumi slip further into the building and do more saboteur stuff to make breaking in and wrecking stuff easier.
Eventually though, once they confirm what the Doctor said, all bets are off.
Disguises are dropped.
Emma maybe triggers a few of the charms to blow some of the doors open.
Everyone charges in with Judith and the Doctor and Constantia either following up the rear or remaining where they are to observe.
Loosely more or less what I imagined.
Ideas?
Feedback?
Questions?
Comments?