The Dwindling Flowers

Yeah, I just need to finish working out my character's power with Rory and I'll get a character sheet up.

Alright. The RP will most likely open up on Sunday or Monday.

Character Name:Katsumi

Job/Role:Pole-arm user/scout. Katsumi's current transformation is incredibly useful for sneaking around, unlocking doors, all that sort of stuff.

General Appearance:Katsumi

General Personality: Katsumi's a pretty friendly and open person. She tries to get the other Flowers to get along and be friends, with mixed results. In particular, she tries to get Katyusha to open up, which doesn't usually work out. In her downtime she's calm and likes to do more fun things, like reading comics or watching TV. In combat, she tries to apply the sort of knowledge that only a lifetime of comic books can give you, to come up with traps and new ways to use her transformation powers.

Katsumi keeps the side effects of her powers secret from the the other Flowers, afraid of how they'd react to the very real possibility that she'll be a demon more than just part-time.

General History:
Katsumi's family was decently middle-class, though they would have been a lot better off if it weren't for a number of mentally ill relatives who needed to be taken care of professionally, at great cost.

Her childhood was fairly normal, but there was always a sense of great tension lying just under the surface of her family. When she turned 16, she got to find out why. Katsumi's sister had disappeared when she was young, and on her birthday she finally showed back up. The two spent some time alone to catch up, get to know each other, and have some fun, but her sister never really seemed all that...together.

They ran out of spending money partway through the night, so her sister went to get some more. Instead of an ATM or some similar thing, though, she found a guy using an alleyway as a shortcut, turned into some kind of monster, killed him, and looted the body. What's more, she was completely nonchalant about the whole murder thing, and mentioned that Katsumi herself must have some similar powers.

From there, Katsumi resolved herself to find and destroy the people like her sister, those who would abuse their powers for their own benefit. Joining the Flowers made perfect sense.

Powers/Skills/Weapons:

Transformation-Katsumi is capable of assuming or partially assuming the forms of demons that she has seen and understood. Transformation is a physically draining process, so she can't change forms very rapidly. Staying as a demon for too long also risks permantatly changing her form or making her lose her mind.

Currently, Katsumi can only assume the form of a generic "Shadow" demon, a sort of amorphous black blob.

Katsumi wields a naginta in combat, when not transformed.

Archetype: Pole-Arm User

CHARACTER PROFILE

Character Name: Chiaki

Job/Role: Backup Enforcer/Scout/Bait

General Appearance: (Please use the photos provided, but feel free to add more details about their looks)

General Personality: An aggressive individualist and obstinate optimist--joie de vivre on her sleeve. Her energy is boundless and her interests aren't likely far behind. She seems to rather enjoy exaggerating her personality into a bit of a hyper-active, absent-minded, "weird Japanese girl" stereotype. Hates seeing people depressed. Tries to pull Katsuysha out of her shell. Is actually more aware than she lets on which is probably why they get along despite the apparent contrast. Still, Chiaki dislikes details and drudgery. She's not much of a planner unless there's absolutely no other way or someone else can't be talked into doing it for her. And she sort of fudges details when she actually does plan, half making things up as she goes. Known to run off and do her own thing without warning to mixed results.

General History:I'll PM you it Rory. I'm a storyteller first and a roleplayer, um, someplace after that that. It simply won't be as interesting for anyone reading if I give her backstory before I reveal it.

Chiaki likes to get a rise out of her teammates and superiors by faking epiphanies, claiming to have suddenly regained her memories and making up backstories for herself that are then quickly dismissed as false. This could get her into trouble.

Powers/Skills: Originality is all in the execution. Few praise a poorly-executed novelty. :P[/Author's soapbox] Telekinesis. Chiaki can levitate objects, people, even herself to some degree. It's mostly a matter of her state of mind. Because of this, she exhibits a lot more fine control when using her power for investigation, sabotage, or recreation. In open battle she's usually reduced to shoving, tugging, and tossing things about.

Chaiki is also trained in the use of several polearms, but she seems to most favor the naginata--a weapon she actually knew how to use(albeit less effectively) before the memory wipe.

Last edited by CoffeeCakeSadist; 20 Hours Ago at 12:56 AM.

Character Name:Katsumi

Job/Role:Pole-arm user/scout. Katsumi's current transformation is incredibly useful for sneaking around, unlocking doors, all that sort of stuff.

General Appearance:Katsumi

General Personality: Katsumi's a pretty friendly and open person. She tries to get the other Flowers to get along and be friends, with mixed results. In particular, she tries to get Katyusha to open up, which doesn't usually work out. In her downtime she's calm and likes to do more fun things, like reading comics or watching TV. In combat, she tries to apply the sort of knowledge that only a lifetime of comic books can give you, to come up with traps and new ways to use her transformation powers.

Katsumi keeps the side effects of her powers secret from the the other Flowers, afraid of how they'd react to the very real possibility that she'll be a demon more than just part-time.

General History:
Katsumi's family was decently middle-class, though they would have been a lot better off if it weren't for a number of mentally ill relatives who needed to be taken care of professionally, at great cost.

Her childhood was fairly normal, but there was always a sense of great tension lying just under the surface of her family. When she turned 16, she got to find out why. Katsumi's sister had disappeared when she was young, and on her birthday she finally showed back up. The two spent some time alone to catch up, get to know each other, and have some fun, but her sister never really seemed all that...together.

They ran out of spending money partway through the night, so her sister went to get some more. Instead of an ATM or some similar thing, though, she found a guy using an alleyway as a shortcut, turned into some kind of monster, killed him, and looted the body. What's more, she was completely nonchalant about the whole murder thing, and mentioned that Katsumi herself must have some similar powers.

From there, Katsumi resolved herself to find and destroy the people like her sister, those who would abuse their powers for their own benefit. Joining the Flowers made perfect sense.

Powers/Skills/Weapons:

Transformation-Katsumi is capable of assuming or partially assuming the forms of demons that she has seen and understood. Transformation is a physically draining process, so she can't change forms very rapidly. Staying as a demon for too long also risks permantatly changing her form or making her lose her mind.

Currently, Katsumi can only assume the form of a generic "Shadow" demon, a sort of amorphous black blob.

Katsumi wields a naginta in combat, when not transformed.

With so many similarities--especially the common goal of defrosting Kats, it seems unlikely that Chiaki and Katsumi wouldn't be pretty close. I think we should just run with it and have them work together often. Maybe even have people mistake them for sisters or cousins.

The IC is open in the Modern RP In character section.

Like normal this RP will be run in episodic nature that generally lasts for 10-20 posts. This time around, please just introduce your characters so we can establish interactions.

Some side notes, assume that all the characters speak French and not English. The "pairings" are as follows: Katyusha and Chiaki, Judith and Ae, Katsumi and Emma, Constantina is on free reign but will probably be most likely to interact with Katy and Chiaki.

This is just a reminder to the people that haven't posted yet, please do so ASAP.

Do I have to go Maj. Alex Louis Armstrong on everyone?

Do I have to go Maj. Alex Louis Armstrong on everyone?

I thought that you did that normally. Does everyone feel that got to know their characters well enough yet? I want to move away from the slice of life stuff for now and get into the actual plot line. :yeti:

Alright, we'll rap up this chapter soon then.

I agree to moving on.

Similarly to a certain Brit who I won't name here, sometimes I just feel this burning need to write a nice organic post where everyone responds with interruptions and realistic timing and overlapping actions.

This is not that post.

I wanted to contact everyone for hijack permission and collab a scene-changing post, but since my current job seems just as time consuming as the last one, I just decided to make a quick reply instead. :/

*presses his face to the window and watches Coffee post in other people's roleplays*

T______________T

*continues having an audioless-but-apparently-hilarious conversation with my new friends in semi-slow-motion*

*stops to notice Asmo outside*

*stares at Asmo, puzzled, as if struggling to remember something or someone*

*the music--a haunting and pensive, minimalist piece arranged for a string quartet and celesta--swells*

*look of dawning recognition*

*mimes a gasp*

*long semi-slow-mo audioless raspberry at Asmo*