The demons kiss

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Stella watched as Rilo passed them, mostly because he did it shirtless. What had happened at that place he had been at? She felt like asking Blake about it once they got out of the house, at least about who that woman were, but the thought of asking him were a bit frightening because he would probably think that she wanted to know because she liked him. She would never like him, even though she would never dislike him either. It was a bit complicated but she knew that she didn't like Rilo at least. Her heart stung at the thought, was she sick or something? It hurt a lot in her chest for a while.

When she heard that the adventure appartment were Rilo's department it came as a surprise, he didn't seem like the type to go anywhere. She saw him more as a person that layed in a couch all day and took it easy. But apparently she was wrong. She wasn't certain what she should think when Blake got an idea and gave her a wolf like grin, that kind of grin never meant anything good, at least not for her. Blake took her hand and they poffed away.

When they arrived at the place Blake had poffed them to she couldn't recognise the place at all, dark gray clouds were in the sky. Stella almost got frightened of the big environment change, she were so used to heat and barely any clouds at all. Blake guided her threw the alleyway and knocked on a door to a building. It seemed like the person that opened a hole in the door knew Blake very well because he yelled his name when he saw him. As the door opened Stella almost jumped out of her skin when she saw a big fish like thing. She tried not to stare or look weird at the fish guy both because she didn't want him to get angry at her and because she didn't want Blake to laugh at her reaction. As they walked Stella looked around in the bar, was anyone there human? She guessed that no one were because everyone seemed to have ears or something else, but some seemed to look just like humans but maybe they were in a disguise or something.

Blake told her that they served human food there, she hadn't thought that he would take her to a place without human food but it was good that he told her anyways, she had almost started to wonder if she would survive whatever she were going to eat there. They took a seat in a corner booth and Blake asked her if she liked it. She was a bit uncertain if she did or not, that fish thing had been interesting but it was a bit scary with all the things she never had met before. "Well, no one has tried to eat me so that's a good sign." She said as a joke "You come here a lot?" She asked him mostly because of the way the fish guy reacted to his arrival.

Blake chuckled and nodded. "All the time. There are places like this all over the world, but this one is by far my favorite. London is a beautiful city, and you can't beat the good help," he said, making the last remark as the waitress sauntered up. She was beyond gorgeous, with a curvy figure and legs that went on for days. Curly red hair cascaded down her back, highlighting the tight black dress she wore. She might have appeared human if not for the tiny black horns and the pointed tail peeking out from under her dress. Her sparkling red eyes lit up as she saw Blake, and she literally squealed as she leaned down to kiss his cheek. "The usual, wolf boy?" she queried with a giggle, and he grinned. "Yes please, Sawyer. Also, please meet my guest, Stella. She's strictly off limits, so no dragging her upstairs," he said, giving her a stern look. Sawyer smirked and shook her head.

"I only go for guys now. Usually," she said with a giggle, then turned to Stella. "It really is a pleasure to meet you," she said in a friendly tone. "What can I get for you, darlin'?" she added, handing over a menu. It had everything from raw steaks - Blake's favorite - to glasses of human blood. There were bottled entrails and every sort of animal imaginable - even fried dragon, which caused quite a dispute with the dragon customers every time they noticed it. However, there was a section devoted to human fare. Burgers, fries, hot dogs, soda, that sort of thing.

"London" Stella said a bit chocked, even though it just were suppose to be a thought, he had taken her to london? Then it wasn't good to make him angry, because if she did then she maybe would need to go home and that would be a long walk. The waitress showed up and suddenly Stella realised why he liked the place so much, it almost seemed like he didn't think about anything else than women. Even if the woman hadn't had horns and a tail Stella would still not have thought she were human, no human could look like that. Ofcourse it was only Stellas jealuse that spoke, she wished that she could be a bit more like that.

As Blake told the waitress who Stella were he also pointed out that she were strictly off limits and she couldn't drag her upstairs. What did that waitress do to her customers? It was probably better if she didn't know, Anna were a bit scared of knowing what would happen up there. The waitress turned to Stella and had a friendly tone in her voice, Stella took a look at the menu that she gave to her. All the food that was meant for demons and that sort of beings were a bit disgusting for Stella, she felt how her stomach started to complain just by seeing the names of the food. But she got a bit interested in the fried dragon, she didn't want to eat it ofcourse but it still sounded like it could be good.

After reading the human menu she decided for a burger and coke, that was what she were most familiar with. "A burger and coke please." She said and smiled, putting away the menu. As the waitress left them she turned to Blake. "That was some of the most disgusting things I have ever read. I am never going to complain if my mom wants me to eat the vegetables." She told him and laughed a bit. Her mom had a hard time to get her to eat her vegetables because it tasted bad but from now on she wouldn't mind it at all.

"So, how did you meet Rilo?" She asked when she remembered that the question had been on her mind for a while, she didn't want it to disappear again so it would take longer time for her to get to know the answer.

Sawyer nodded and took the menu, flashing Blake another flirty smile before going back to put their orders in to the kitchen. Blake chuckled as Stella commented on the menu, nodding. "They serve to all kinds here, so they have to have a really wide variety. Honestly most of that stuff sounds sickening to me too, but some of it really isn't as bad as it seems. The fried dragon is like eating really spicy chicken in a citrus sauce," he explained with a shrug, then paused and looked up as Sawyer came back with drinks. All he had was water, but he nodded his thanks and followed her form with his eyes as she walked away. Succubus or not, she was attractive. He sipped at his water and looked back at Stella, now imagining what she would look like all dolled up like Sawyer. Shaking the thoughts from his mind, he focused on her question.

"Well, it was only a few years after I was turned. I wasn't born a werewolf, you know. I used to be a human just like you, though times were different back then," he began, giving her a lopsided smile. "I was betrothed to this girl that I had never met, but when I went to go meet her for the first time, we came across an accident. An upturned carriage, the horses had run off, you get the picture. Well, I found this girl in the mess. She was really pretty, and I decided that to save her life I was going to turn her so that she could be like me," he went on, then paused. Skimming over some of the story details, he shrugged. "Rilo was there and intervened, made me swear to be his servant, yada yada yada. It was all a big thing back then, but now it's more like a partnership. It's not like I'm his slave or something, I do basically anything I want," he finished with a grin, leaning back in his seat as their food was delivered. He licked his lips and cut off a piece of the raw steak, munching on it with obvious happiness.

It was a bit funny that even he got sickened by some of the food they served there, she thought they all ate almost the same thing, except maybe vampires that drank blood. It was a bit funny that he had commented just the food she had thought about. "It is a bit funny how everything seems to taste chicken." She commented thinking about that she heard that humans tasted like chicken and snakes also tasted like chicken. Was there something that most people didn't ate that didn't taste like chicken? The waitress came back with their drinks, she noticed how Blake looked after her when she went away. Did he only stick to Emily or did he have a lot of other girls to? He sometimes seemed like a player even though he had such a childish look.

She got a bit surprised that he weren't born a werewolf, even though she had heard about that people got turned in to werewolf's from the stories. What shocked her even more was that Rilo had made Blake into his servant and made him not turn the girl in to a werewolf. Why had he done that? If he just wanted a servant then he wouldn't have needed to intervene with what Blake were doing. It was probably one of those things she would never understand so she decided to stop trying.

Their food came and Stella wasn't certain at first if she would dare to eat it, who knew if they knew how to do human food. But she tasted it a bit hesitantly and noticed that it was actually really good. "So in other words it was more as if he got an irritating room mate than a servant?" Stella asked him and grinned a bit, trying not to look at his bloody steak.

Blake grinned and nodded. "You could say that. I don't think Rilo ever really wanted a servant, though. He just needed somebody to run the occasional errand for him. As I'm sure you've guessed, he isn't the best at shopping, even if he knows what he's supposed to be looking for," he explained, munching the squishy steak pieces in nice little cut chunks after he was done speaking for the moment. He did try to make it appear a little better since he could tell Stella didn't approve of his diet, but it wasn't very easy to make raw steak look appealing to a human girl. Taking a drink of water, he turned slightly and watched as the music changed to a demon man playing a saxophone. He was incredibly skilled and pretty young looking, reminding Blake of Rilo a long time ago. "Hm," was all he said, then he turned back to Stella with a smile.

"Any more questions?" he asked, tilting his head curiously. A few people over by the bar were glancing at Stella. Blake noticed but didn't look directly at them, he just kept tabs on where they were. Bringing a human in here was supposed to be safe, really. That's what the fish-man at the door was for. He would scan the intentions of all that entered before opening the door. Nobody with the intent for violence was let in as a general rule. However, even one who did not have the intent to harm upon entering could have a change of heart with a pretty human girl sitting amongst them. Blake didn't let Stella know that anything could be happening, not wanting to scare her in case it turned out to be nothing.

It was really interesting for Stella to hear about Rilo, when Blake told her about him he seemed so human in some ways. She didn't like him or anything he just seemed more interesting, at least that was what she tried to convince herself of. Blakes sudden 'hm' got Stella a bit curious, his eyes were on the saxophon player, did he know that guy or did he just think of something when he saw the guy? Blake asked her if she had any more questions and tilted his head curiously, even though he could be anoying as a litle brother he also could look adorable with that boy face. No one would ever be able to guess that he were a hundred years old.

Stella thought about if she had any more questions, their should be a lot but at the moment there weren't that many. But she had one question that she had thought about since she entered the pub. "That fish man, what is he? I have never heard of anything like him in any legends or stories. The most other things that seems to excist is all in the books like vampires and werewolfs and such." She hoped it wouldn't be a weird question, but Blake knew that this stuff were new to her. She drank some of her coke before she continued to eat her burger while waiting on Blakes answer.

"His name is Gilbert, and if he hears you calling him a fish man, he'll probably put you in a mucus bubble and have you wishing for a shower for the next month," he replied, then grinned. "I don't know the name of his species, honestly. From what I've heard, he's a sort of weird cross between a merune and a giant squid," he continued with a shrug, munching another piece of steak. "A merune is kind of like a mermaid," he added, unsure if she would know that. The sax player was playing some upbeat song, soon joined on stage by a vampire drummer. It was pleasant, and Blake found himself smiling as he finished off his meal and pushed his plate aside. "Most creatures have the ability to appear human, which is why most people aren't looking at you. This is the one place we can relax and be who we really are, but some are overly cautious. However, some can sense what other people are. Those are the ones you have to watch out for," he said, then glanced over at the bar where they were still getting looks.

One man moved over to them, and Blake stood up to meet him before he got to the table. "Excuse me, I'd like to talk to the lady," he said, and Blake shook his head. "Sorry, pal, but she's my date tonight. Maybe some other time," he said, keeping his tone friendly and careful as he moved to put himself between the vampire and Stella. "Oh, I didn't mean to make it sound like a request," the vampire snarled, then hurled Blake to the side and sent him crashing through a table. Blake threw a small blue stone to Stella, wrestling with the vampire. "Hold it tight and think of the volcano and you'll go back there!" he yelled quickly, yelping in pain as he was bitten. Everybody else in the pub was starting to get involved, everybody picking fights with everybody else as Sawyer tried to calm down the chaos.

As Stella heard the warning of what Gilbert would do if he heard her talk like that she instinctively started to look around so that he weren't close by. But ofcourse he weren't on a distance so that he could hear them, Blake grinned and kept talking. When he said Merune she got really confused, what in the world could that be? Just as she were going to ask he answered the unspoken question. She nodded at his warning. "watch out for those who maybe knows I'm a human, got it." She said.

Blake suddenly stood up and Stella who hadn't notice the man that were on his way to their table were going to ask what Blake was doing. But she noticed the man just before she were going to ask. The man wanted to speak with her of some reason, did he know that she were a human? Blake was protective and didn't let him which made the man really angry and made Blake crash in to the table. Stella rose up and backed away from the two fighting guys. She were able to catch the blue stone Blake were throwing to her and she couldn't believe her ears when he told her to leave him there.

"I can't just leave you." She shouted even though she knew that there wasn't anything she could do in to help him. She backed away much more when a lot of others started to fight to and Gilbert tried to stop the fighting demons, vampires and everything else that were there. Stella knew that she didn't have a choice but to go without him at the moment, especially since Blake wouldn't be able to protect her if someone would attack while he was still fighting. It was hard just to leave a friend when he was fighting but she needed to do it anyway. She thought about the volcano as hard as she could and suddenly she were back.

She were in the living room just behind the couch, she were in a bit of a shock so she didn't think about if Rilo were there or not, or that she maybe should go and get him. Instead she went to the couch and sat down staring down on her lap. Would Blake be able to get back unhurt?

Blake let out a sigh of relief when he saw Stella vanish out of the corner of his eye. At least she hadn't tried to stay and get involved, there was no way that she would have been able to survive this. It was a free for all, with people slashing and biting at each other. Everybody was fighting for a chance to get at the human girl, which they could all now sense thanks to the vampire pointing her out. Of course, nobody had yet realized that she was gone. Blake was hurled against the wall and tossed down the bar, sliding down the entire length and crashing through several bottles and glasses before tumbling to the floor. Sawyer and Gilbert were still separating people and hurling them outside one at a time, but several were left fighting. Blake had bites all over his neck and arms, and he didn't have the energy left to go back to the volcano. So, instead, he stayed and continued to fight.

Rilo had been writing in his notebook when Stella appeared behind the couch. He was lounging on his bed when he heard movement, making him look up. The fact that there was no sound like the usual banter between Blake and Stella made him get up, and he walked down the hallway until he saw her sitting on the couch. Her silence spoke volumes, and a glance at the kitchen told him that Blake hadn't come back with her. Quickly he went and knelt down in front of her, giving her a quick once over. No blood, no bruises, no broken bones. She'd be fine, although she looked shaken. "Where is he?" he asked, keeping his tone calm so as not to scare her even though he was ready to fight if necessary.

At first she didn't even notice that Rilo were walking in to the room, she didn't even notice when he kneeled down beside her. It was first when he spoke that she realised that he were there, as she noticed his voice her head turned so that she face him. "London, in some bar." She started, that was all she knew about the place, she didn't know if Rilo knew about the place in London that Blake used to go to. "A fight started." she explained shortly and her hands held the blue stone in a convulsively grip.

What if Blake wouldn't be able to make it back? Her hands were shaking, if he hadn't taken a human there then it wouldn't have happened. He should have known about the danger so why did he still take her there when he could get hurtened if something had happened which it did.

Rilo nodded, he knew the exact place that Stella was talking about. It had been a favorite of Blake's for years. "No matter how long it takes for me to come back, I need you to stay here. I can't keep you safe if you leave. Get something to eat, stay hydrated," he said quietly, then kissed her forehead gently before vanishing from sight. He appeared in the alleyway and walked into the doorway with ease, since Gilbert was in the midst of the fighting and much too distracted to read his intentions. Within seconds he was in the middle of it all, hurling people out the door with force. It had started to rain, which seemed to snap most of them out of it as they hurried away. He was pinned down a few times but always wiggled out of it, killing those that needed it and hurling the rest until the pub was nearly empty. Blake was in a crumpled heap against a wall, not moving but still breathing. Rilo gave Sawyer a nod, then scooped the wereboy up and vanished back into his own living room.

Stella understood that he were going to leave when he told her what she should do, it wasn't like there were anywhere that she could go from there except deep in to the volcano but she wouldn't dare to do that. She nodded after he had kissed her forehead and watched him disappear. She had already eaten even though she hadn't been able to finnish her burger so she really didn't think about eating. But she needed something to do so that she would stop worrying. She almost got mad at herself because she hadn't bought any books when she were in town, then she would have something to pass the time with now.

She went to get some water while she waited then she just stood up watching the clock, counting every second and taking a sip of the water now and then. Her hands slowly stopped shacking and finally Rilo came back with Blake. Stella put down the glass on the floor because she didn't want to waste time by going to the kitchen or rounding the couch to put it down or anything like that. She ran to them and looked worried at Blake. "Are you okay?" Her voice was shaking, Blake seemed hurtened everywhere. How severe had the fight gotten after she left?

Rilo took a deep breath to help him relax and get rid of the blind desire to kill, giving Stella a slight smile. "He'll be okay in a few minutes," he said, carefully setting Blake in a chair and examining the unresponsive boy. "Hmm.." he mused, then turned to Stella. "I'll be right back," he said, then vanished again. Less than five minutes later he reappeared, this time with Emily. She gasped and ran over to Blake, quickly pulling him upright and pressing his lips against her neck. With a shudder, Blake sunk his fangs deep into her skin. Rilo put his arm around Stella's shoulders and carefully guided her down the hallway toward her bedroom. "We don't need to watch what happens next. He'll be okay now," he assured her, then paused and looked down at her. "Who started that fight?" he asked curiously.

Stella couldn't believe Rilo when he told her that Blake soon would be alright, it didn't look like he would be fine anytime soon. But Rilo didn't seem worried and all and he even disappeard to go somewhere, how could he just leave during this? Stella didn't know what to do when she were alone with a hurtened person and she ended up just sitting there looking between the clock and Blake untill Rilo came back. She got surprised when Emily were with him, what was the point of letting him see Blake like this? Did Rilo wanted him to have some support form his girlfriend? Emily ran to Blake and Stella backed a bit away, Rilo took Stella around her shoulders and started to lead her out. What was it she shouldn't see? But just as she thought it a new thought came that she probably didn't want to know.

"It was some guy, he had fangs and looked a bit pale. He tried to get closer to me but Blake didn't let him so he throw Blake so he crashed in to the table and then everyone started to fight." She explained looking a bit ashamed down in to the floor for being the reason for the fight.

Rilo nodded as Stella explained what had happened, guiding her into her bedroom and sitting her on the edge of her bed. He crouched down in front of her so that they were fairly eye-level. Now was the time that he had to explain some things so that she would be better informed and perhaps better able to defend herself. "That guy was a vampire. Vampires and werewolves have a lot of bad blood between them, and it's almost impossible for them to get along. So, they tend to avoid each other. The vampire only came over because he could probably sense what you are. That doesn't make it your fault, it just means Blake was an idiot for not getting you out of there sooner," he said calmly, shaking his head. "Tonight was a mistake. You need to either stop being a human or learn to defend yourself," he added, completely serious.

She let him guide her to her bedroom even though she was pretty much over the shock and were able to lead her own way. She sat down on the bed and Rilo crouched down in front of her and started to explain about the vampire guy and a bit more. It didn't seem that necessary for her to be able to protect herself if she were going to die within two years anyways, and it wasn't like any of those things had happened to hear before she had met Rilo and Blake.

"I am absolutely certain that I told you when I thought you were human that I wouldn't be able to defence myself even if my life depended on it." She said serious, but at the same time she didn't want to become something that wasn't human. It wasn't that she disliked werewolf's and such things, it was only that she liked being human and couldn't think about changing. "And I am not going to stop being human." She commented. "I guess I just have to die." The last sentence was only a joke, but it could become like that if things went horribly wrong.

"No," he said quickly after her last statement, then realized his error when he noticed she hadn't been completely serious. He cleared his throat and looked down for a moment, inwardly cursing his reflexive actions. Yet, he knew that he wasn't going to allow her to die. "I know you want to stay human, and I remember what you said. But you must remember what I said - being small is a major advantage in fighting. All you have to do is learn to be fast and to use your opponent's weight against them," he said calmly, hoping to just ignore his earlier outburst as he looked back up at her. "Even if you go home now, you'll likely have problems with certain creatures. It'll be worse if you stay here, however. That choice is yours."

He suddenly told her no as if he thought she were serious with it, she shrugged back staring at him and blinked a couple of times. Why had he said no like that? It was probably because he wanted to suck the life out of her himself so he couldn't let anyone kill her. He were a demon after all so he wouldn't want anyone to take his pray. She listened to him as he started to speak to her.

"You make me sound like a child when you say that I'm small." She commented. She weren't a violent person, even if it were selfdefense she were way to scared to hurt people and get hurtened to actually use it. "I already said that I would stay didn't I? I think Blake would be disappointed if I suddenly changed my mind. And what would be a better way of spending your last two years in life than around a werewolf and a demon, few humans would have such an exciting life."

Rilo was silent for a few minutes. He had known she already said she would stay, of course, but he had assumed it was for different reasons. one that she wanted to say goodbye to Blake, which she already could have done. Another reason was that he couldn't leave without the assistance of himself or Blake. Setting that aside, he had been working under the assumption that she was staying for a few days. A week, maybe, but that was it. He was stunned upon learning that she intended to stay for the next two years. Her last two years, he reminded himself. That was when he'd have to kill her, to uphold his end of the bargain. Even now the thought made him want to protest, but he would never tell her that. She had to die, simple as that.

"Right," he finally said, realizing he'd been silent too long. "Well you might as well rest or find something to occupy yourself. The living room is going to be out of bounds for quite a while until they're done," he said, standing up and carefully avoiding looking in her eyes. He was feeling the pull again, the urge to kiss her. That was utterly ridiculous, he needed to stop pretending that he had feelings for a human girl. She was nothing but a toy at best, one he needed to stop playing with. Right? He frowned to himself and turned away, walking out and going down the hall to his own bedroom door.