The demons kiss

Stella giggled a litle when Rilo glared at Phil, she knew that he wouldn't be happy over it but it was fun to say it anyway. She wanted to tease him for the time he had been drunk to but she thought that she could spare that for later if the right moment came. Rilo took a chair and sat down between them, it seemed like he were a bit closer to Stella than Phil but she shoke it off, maybe it was by accident or it could be her imagination.

"Maybe it's harder but I'm certain you would do it as perfect as everything else. Honestly is there something you can't do? It seems like you can do everything but are to lazy to actually do it." She commented, he seemed to be good at everything except keeping himself sober and flirting with girls. She couldn't help but giggle at the memories of Phil's stories.

The waitress came and took their orders, Phil told her that it were on the house and passed the menu to her. It seemed like everyone were treating her to things, it wasn't like she were completely moneyless. She looked over the menu and thought for a bit, she wasn't especially hungry because she had eaten breakfast just a litle earlier so she just ordered a soda. She hadn't noticed that Rilo had been spacing out because her eyes had been looking at the menu but as she ordered the drink she noticed Phil trying to take contact with him.

"What were you thinking about?" Stella asked him a litle bit curious.

"You," Rilo replied without hesitation, giving her a smile as the waitress left. "And I can't do everything. There are quite a few things I'm bad at. Singing, painting, being nice," he continued on as though he hadn't said anything that might make her react. Phil chuckled and shook his head. "Now that's not true. You've got a lovely singing voice," he protested, then grinned. "I've heard all the dogs howl when you use it," he added, and Rilo promptly stuck his tongue out. "It wasn't that bad! She just didn't appreciate my talent!" he proclaimed, laughing as the waitress came back over and set down the drinks. Rilo sat back and took a few sips off of his, then glanced up at the stage as a band began to set up and get ready. He recognized them and knew they would play jazzy, upbeat songs that were easy to follow.

"Would you care to dance?" he asked Stella, holding a hand out to her as his eyes sparkled with humor. In the back of his head, he was thinking about how it had ended the last time they danced together. She had moved so gracefully even though she probably didn't realize it, the lines of her body made to be a brilliant dancer. Each time he had dipped her and spun her it was like they were made to dance together. Would he ever tell her that? Probably not, but it was nice to think about. Plus, he couldn't stop thinking about how her lips had felt against his... Cutting those thoughts off, he focused on her eyes and waited for a response as the band began to play.

Stella blushed, he was probably only teasing her and she shouldn't take it to hear but somehow it sounded like he were serious about it. No he couldn't be. She shrugged a litle when he told her that he were bad at singing, how could that be true? She was certain that he weren't that bad. But on the other hand, he were so good at everything else so if he would be bad at something like that it shouldn't be surprising. "I would love to hear you sing sometime, it sounded like you did a great job when you were drunk." She commented and grinned, giving away another of the stories Phil had told her. She took a sip on the drink the waitress just had come with.

It seemed like a band were putting up their things to play, she wondered a bit what they would play for kind of music. She didn't have any more time to think about it because Rilo put out his hand and asked her for a dance. She looked at the hand for a moment before looking up at him. Dancing in front of people, she was more used to dancing alone and not with a partner. Even though it seemed like it had gone good when they had danced in the cave she were still certain that she had done many mistakes. But it had been fun.

She took his hand. "I would love to." She said with a smile, she would rather not dance in front of people but it couldn't be helped. If she had been there with Blake then she would probably have said no, why did she say yes just because it was Rilo? It wasn't like she liked him or anything. He were just a good dancer that must be it, he were a good dancer so she wanted to dance with him, nothing else.

Rilo couldn't help but smile when she took his hand, feeling her silky smooth skin on his own. She was cool to the touch, as always, but that was only because he was so warm. He stood and gently pulled her out of her chair, guiding her along behind him to a space cleared in front of the stage just for this kind of thing. The music was excellent but nobody was dancing yet. It amused him how Stella had been dressed so elegantly just for him, and now that they were in public she was more casual. He had no complaints, it was just a random thought when he turned to face her. Quite a few people were watching them with interest, wondering if the sax player could even dance.

Pulling her close against him, he slid an arm around her lower back just as he had before. This time, however, he kept her there. Instead of twirling her away from him at first, he started off slowly to get her used to it again. Stepping to the side twice and then back, he guided her steps along with his, leading her with an easy grace. A slide in the beat and he spun them both around, turning to face the other way. That was when he did twirl her out from him, pausing only a moment before spinning her back in. It was a rush of feeling for him, and he very nearly stopped to kiss her right then and there. Thankfully he had more control than that and simply kept on with the steps, dipping her down low after a minute when the song ended and people started clapping.

Rilo were warm, maybe he felt warmer to her than he really was, she was so nervous over dancing in public so her hands had probably gone cold as ice of the nervousity. Even though she knew that it was Rilo that would lead them both and she only had to follow she was still nervous over doing mistakes. Her heartbeat started to pump faster, she weren't certain if it were because Rilo were holding her or if it were because of the nervousness. Maybe it were both. What was she thinking? How could she even concider her heartbeat being weird just because she touched Rilo. That was impossible, after all she didn't have any kind of feelings for him.

He led her out on the dance floor and started out slowly, she were thankful for that because she would probably screw up big times if he hadn't started slow. No one else were dancing when they started which made her more nervous, if they did anything wrong then everyone would notice it.

But somehow it went good and Stella barely noticed that they had been dancing, she had been to focused on thinking about Rilo. About what she had experienced with him, of what she could experience with him in the future and what she could get to hear more about him. There was so much she still didn't know about him, would he ever tell her about the times no one else could tell her about? Like What he had done the other sevenhundred years that Blake hadn't been with him. She got surprised when the dance was over, she didn't remember any of the actual dancing, but she guessed she did good.

"You dance good" She said with a smile, even though she didn't remember much from this dance she knew it from experience with him.

Smiling down at her as she complimented him, Rilo leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on her lips. It was short and light, but he couldn't help himself from doing at least that. Stella just looked so beautiful when she smiled, it was like she was begging for it even though he knew she'd probably be upset that he had done that. At least she wouldn't be confused about it anymore since he had told her how he felt. He released her carefully and simply took her hand, leading her away from the dance area as another song started up. When they were back at the table, Phil gave Stella a grin.

"You looked lovely. It almost made Rilo look like he knew what he was doing," he said, chuckling and giving Rilo a wink. The demon smiled a little and sat down, thoroughly distracted. "So, Stella, tell me how you met Rilo," Phil said, oblivious to Rilo's musings.

He thought back to how Stella seemed so distracted as they danced, not at all how she had been back in the cave. Back then, the first time, she had been entirely focused on him even though she was unsure if she could dance. He recalled how they had talked the entire time and how easily she fit into his arms. This time was different, yet the same. It left him yearning for more, craving the feeling of having her in his arms again. He found himself wondering what it might be like to hold her while she slept, or even to just sit on the couch with her in his lap. None of his thoughts were sexual, oddly enough. He just wanted her to be his, and that was what shocked him.

She weren't ready for it when Rilo suddenly decided to kiss her, she wouldn't have minded it if they had been alone but that he did it in front of other people were embarrassing. The blush spread on her cheeks as he took her hand and took her back to their table. She hide behind her hair so that the blush wouldn't notice even though she was certain that Rilo would notice it anyways. As she looked up from beneath her hair when they got to the table she saw Phil sitting there with a grin. He were just like Blake.

Even though he told her that she looked lovely she couldn't really believe it, it was Rilo who had done everything and made her look good. Maybe he just wanted her to feel better for being so bad. He asked her how she met Rilo, what were she going to say? She couldn't tell him that she were chasing a demon in the desert and asked Rilo that were in human form at that time if he could help her with finding that demon. What should she tell him?

"Well, we met just a few days ago. I talked to a man that Rilo were with and then Rilo helped me with a thing. After that we started to walk around together and talked for a while. Nothing interested actually." She told him, it were a bit difficult that she didn't know if Rilo had told Phil if he were a demon or not. It felt weird that Phil hadn't noticed at all that Rilo hadn't aged since they met each other which made her think that he probably knew that Rilo were a demon, but she couldn't be certain before she had talked to Rilo about it.

"How did you get to know Rilo?" She asked him, both trying to get away from the previous topic and because she wanted to know how they met.

Phil chuckled and nodded, not minding her rather vague story of how she and Rilo had met. He had actually expected something along the same lines, so he wasn't disappointed. Picking up his glass of water, he took a few drinks, then looked up as a scuffle started in the corner. Nothing major, but they were repetitive troublemakers and Phil was sick of throwing them out of here all the time. He sighed and looked back at Stella as she spoke, giving her another chuckle.

"That's a story for another time, m'dear. It was a real pleasure meeting you," he said, then stood and made his way over to pull the pair apart and throw them oustside. Rilo blinked and snapped out of his thoughts, glancing at the clock before looking back at Stella. "We can stay as long as you like, but don't hesitate to tell me if you'd like to leave or go elsewhere," he said, giving her a smile that was quite warm considering the residual thoughts swirling in his head about holding her.

Some people started to scuffle a bit in a corner, nothing that Stella would have noticed if Phil hadn't walked away to take care of it. She were used to being in environments with people fighting a little bit, as long as it didn't become anything major then she wouldn't even see that it was happening. It made her disappointed when Phil told her that they needed to wait with that story to another time and she gave a little sad look towards him but Phil didn't pick that up. It would have been easier with Blake, he were so easy to fool with a little puppy eye look.

Stella drank the last of her soda while she listened to what Rilo said, he hadn't been talking since they went back to the table. "If you have more interesting places to show me then I would love to go there." She told him with a big smile. She had forgotten about the embarrassment from the kiss a few minutes ago and were back to normal again. She had heard and seen so much new sides of Rilo during this day and if there was a chance of meeting more people he knew then she maybe could get to know even more interesting things about him. She couldn't miss out such a chance.

Someday she would need to make him take her back to the bar so that she could speak more to Phil. He had been so sweet and he seemed to know a lot of embarrassing stories about Rilo, Blake probably also knew a lot but he hadn't told her that much about such things yet. She had to remember to ask him about that night that Rilo took him to the bar, maybe he could tell her more details about it. She were certain that Rilo wouldn't dare to tell her anything about those things.

In the back of his mind, although most of his attention was on Stella as he waited for her to respond, Rilo was monitoring the fight in the corner. Even though they were only humans starting some sort of drunken argument over a woman that had come to violent blows and yelling, it could easily turn into a dangerous situation for them to be in. He wanted to make sure that things remained calm for Stella, so that he wouldn't have to get them out of there. Plus he had no doubt that he might lose his temper if she was in a bad situation, so he was attempting to avoid that. So, he half listened as Phil approached the men and kindly booted them outside to resolve their issues in the alley. Thankfully they left without too much grumbling, so Rilo could afford to put his full focus on the beautiful woman in front of him who was giving him a dazzling smile.

"More interesting places.." he mused thoughtfully, tapping his chin and looking around the tavern for a moment for inspiration. There were a lot of places he could take her, but he wanted to choose a place that she would enjoy. He finally landed on a thought and grinned, scooting closer to her and taking her hand. "I think I've got just the place, but we only have a few minutes to get there. Come on," he said, standing and guiding her out the back door to avoid the brawling men after grabbing his sax case.

Once they were out of sight of anybody else, they vanished. They reappeared on the top of a mountain, standing on a rock that was only about five feet in diameter. Falling off would mean certain death for Stella since it was hundreds of feet before she would even hit rocks, but he kept his arms firmly around her waist and her back pressed to his belly. Hopefully she wouldn't be scared since he could keep her safe - plus, he wanted her attention to be focused straight ahead instead of downward. The sun was just rising over the horizon, streaking the sky with a variety of pinks and oranges, while above and behind them it was still a deep violet blue sprinkled with glittering stars. He smiled and tipped his head, looking down at her.

"Do you like it?"

Stella noticed that the fight became a bit worse but didn't think more about it when Phil took care of them. Most of her focus were on Rilo, she waited patiently for him to think up a place to take her. She had actually thought that he would say that he couldn't come to think about another place at the moment and they would just get home instead but after thinking for a while he decided on a place. But they had to hurry, Rilo took her hand and guided her to his sax case and took it with him threw the backdoor. Why was it so important for them to get there within some minutes? Would the place go somewhere if they didn't get there in time?

She didn't understand what was going on but she followed Rilo, thinking that it couldn't be worse than the bar Blake took her to when she almost got eaten by a vampire. She liked the bar and she thought it was a nice place, especially the fish guy that she shouldn't think about as a fish guy, but it had been a bit scary with the fight. Rilo couldn't take her anywhere worse than that.

As fast as they got out of every ones sight they vanished from the place. Stella had looked down on her feet's when they disappear and suddenly she saw that she didn't have much ground to stand on and were the ground ended there were a long way down to the rocks under them. She pressed herself against Rilo's chest and took one of her hands around his arm, a bit afraid to fall down. Her eyes were supposed to travel towards Rilo to ask why they were on a mountain but her eyes stopped halfway when they caught the sight of the sun rising. The sky were beautiful colored in pink and orange and as she turned her head a bit she could also see some stares in the violet blue sky.

She could barely breath, the sight were amazing, it was almost so she didn't notice Rilo's question. She had forgotten how high up they were, the sight almost mesmerized her. "It's beautiful." She said in a exhalation. It was a stunning sight, she could almost understand one of the reasons why those crazy mountain climbers liked to climb even though it were so dangerous. Her grip loosened a bit on Rilo's arm and just leaning relaxed against him.

Rilo watched Stella's expression change from a faintly anxious fear to shock, then again to delight and amazement. Every single look that she had made her look gorgeous, but it was her smile that really lit up her eyes. He wondered if she knew that he would rather look at her for hours upon hours than see the rising sun before them, or that the shine in her eyes was more attractive than the stars behind them. Of course, that was something that he would never say to her unless he was certain that she wouldn't laugh, because even in his mind it sounded horribly cheesy and fake. Sighing inwardly at his inability to express himself to her in ways that were sweet and innocent, he wished that he were more like Blake. The wereboy was always charming women with those dimples and cute grin that made him look like an innocent kid.

Pushing those thoughts away forcefully, Rilo tightened his hold on Stella reassuringly as she clutched his arm and pressed back against him, loving that she was subconsciously viewing him as a protector for the moment. True, she had nobody else to rely on here, but he still liked it. Maybe that's what he could really be for her, a protector instead of a menace. He nodded slightly to himself and smiled, gently kissing Stella's cheek after she had spoke.

"I'm glad you like it. I used to come here to think. A long time ago this is where I experimented with Jumping - you know, how we get from place to place? It was a long time before I could do it at will. I had to really need it to accomplish it, so I would just fall off here and let myself panic until I Jumped somewhere else," he explained quietly, not knowing why he was telling her this but just wanting to open himself up to her somehow. "Once I got the hang of it, I started coming back just to relax. Nobody lives out here, so there are no distractions," he added, then softly kissed the side of her neck on a whim as the sun continued to rise, the bright rays slowly making the stars invisible.

Stella watched mesmerized on the sunrise until Rilo kissed her cheek, a small blush spread on her cheeks and she turned to look at him. She hadn't thought that it would be so hard for him to go from place to place the way he did, she thought it was only a natural thing for him. He kissed her neck which made the blush that just had disappeared to reappear again. One part of her told her to go away from him but she didn't want to, both because she would fall down if she tried to take even one step away from him and because she simply didn't want to be further away from him. But she didn't let the second reason get up to the surface of her thoughts, she only told herself that it were because she would fall down if she didn't.

The stars slowly disappeared in the sky as the sun rose higher in the horizon. "Do you think Blake and Emily still are doing... things?" She asked him wondering a bit how long they would be able to go on.

((sorry it's short >_<))

Watching her blushes absently as they matched one of the colors in the sky, he smiled. He wondered if she was blushing because she enjoyed being kissed or because she was embarrassed, but there was nobody around for her to be worried about now. If she didn't like it, all she had to do was speak up and tell him to stop. He wondered if that 'don't not like' had turned into a flat out 'like' yet, or if he had managed to push it to a 'dislike'. The thought concerned him quite a bit, actually, since he really didn't want to push her away like everybody else. She hadn't asked to go home though, so maybe he was doing okay.

"I doubt it. Yesterday was her last day here, which is probably why they were all over each other so much. She only has two weeks out of the year that she can come and visit, so she and Blake make up for lost time. He's probably gone to see her off already by this time, I would imagine," he explained quietly, not wanting to be loud and disturb the beautiful peace around them. The sun had colored the entire sky now and the ground below them was starting to light up and come to life with roaming wildlife. "I'm sure Blake will have a lot more time to spend with you now," he added as an afterthought, realizing that was probably why she asked. That pained him a lot more than it probably should have.

[That's okay x3]

Last day? Why couldn't they meet more often than two weeks every year? It sounded a bit amazing that Blake actually were able to keep his feelings for her and Emily for him when they barely could meet each other. So much could happen during a whole year, it must be hard for them when they can't meet each other, not knowing if the other one has found someone else or if something has happened. She turned to look at a bit confused, why had he mentioned that Blake would have more time for her? She didn't mind that they just talked a little now and then.

"Why did you mention that I would be able to spend more time with Blake? It wasn't like I were implying that I wanted to do so." She said before turning back towards the sky, the birds started to sing down in the tree's. Why had he mentioned it? Was it because he thought she preferred being with Blake more? It wasn't like she preferred Blake over Rilo, actually she almost preferred Rilo more, at least he wasn't like an annoying little bother sometimes. Would Blake be depressed now when Emily would disappear? Maybe they should go back soon and check on him to see how he were feeling.

"Oh, I just thought you enjoyed spending time with him. I know that he loves being dragged around shopping and such things - gives him a chance to look at pretty ladies," Rilo replied, though he was honestly caught off guard by what she said. Did that mean that she didn't prefer spending time with Blake over him, or had she just not meant the question that way? Women were so complicated, it frustrated him to no end. No wonder he had been avoiding females for the last few hundred years. He nudged those thoughts aside and looked up at the sky as the sun lazily rose over the horizon further, bathing the land below in a golden light. Back in the cave it was somewhere around midnight, and he figured Stella should probably get a little bit of sleep even if he didn't want to let this night end yet.

"We should probably go back soon. It's quite late, I don't want you falling over from exhaustion," he said, smiling a little as he lightly teased her about being such a frail little human girl. He turned her around to face him so that he could look at her more easily, gently resting a hand on her lower back to keep her steady. "Tell me what you want," he suggested softly, curious.

"I do enjoy spending time with him, though he can be irritating sometimes." She told him. Why were Blake looking at pretty ladies when he liked Emily so much? Guys really were complicated, even though they had girls they still wanted more. But in Blake's case it could be because he only saw Emily for a couple of weeks every year, but still looking at other women were wrong. She would never look at other men if she had a boyfriend and she would probably dump her boyfriend if she noticed that he looked at other women.

As he spoke she got surprised, was it really that late? She hadn't noticed at all that it had become late, she weren't even tired. He turned her around and looked at her, asking what she wanted. "What I want?" Being so close to him make and looking in the his eyes made her blush a bit. She looked away from his face, it would be impossible to think if she kept looking in to his eyes. Actually there were one thought that entered her mind as she looked in to his eyes, but only one. And that thought weren't acceptable at all, how could she even think that? Of some reason she had thought it would have been good if she had kissed him, who knew what could have happened if she hadn't averted her eyes from his.

"I won't fall over of exhaustion for one nights lost sleep you know." She complained when she were able to think clearly on what he had said to her. But it would probably just take some hours before she would pass out and fall asleep if she pushed herself to being awake for that long. But she couldn't tell him that, if he thought she couldn't make it then she could at least prove that she could. She came to think about Blake again, if Emily left then he would probably feel a bit sad alone in the cave. "Maybe we should get back and look if Blake is okay, I mean if Emily has left then he must feel a bit sad over it."

Rilo chuckled and nodded a little, knowing that dealing with Blake took some real getting used to. He had learned that the hard way, and had a feeling that Stella was going to learn it that way too. It was disconcerting to deal with somebody so old who so often acted like a child and tended to tease when he should be serious. All he really had to do was learn to take nothing completely seriously and everything was fine. Still, he knew well how irritating he could be when he was in a playful mood. Sighing inwardly, Rilo simply watched Stella as she looked up at him.

As she reiterated his question, he simply nodded. He probably couldn't have spoken if he wanted to, not with her eyes on his like that. All he wanted to do was kiss her again, but he really didn't want to ruin this beautiful moment and have her pull away from him - and not just because she'd likely fall and he'd have to dive after her. He felt a heavy twinge of disappointment when she looked away, but his expression didn't change because he made sure of it. As she finally spoke, he chuckled and shook his head.

"Oh, I think you might be surprised," he muttered as they vanished. When they reappeared back in the cave, he lingered in holding her close for a few moments, then released her and stepped back. Blake looked up from the kitchen, having been rummaging around in the fridge and building a sandwich that had so many layers it was lierally three feet tall. He had a big grin on his face and no shirt on, just a pair of loose pajama pants like Rilo liked to do. "Hey you two," he called out cheerfully, picking up a piece of turkey that had fallen to the counter and popping it in his mouth. He picked up the plate, balancing the massive treat easily, and walked over to the couch with it to begin devouring his hard work. "Where'd you go?" he asked curiously, giving Stella a knowing smirk since he knew that she'd given in and taken his advice.

Rilo's words surprised her, what did he mean with that she might be surprised? They vanished from the mountain and reappeared in the cave, no beards were singing anymore, the rising sun were gone and she were finally able to walk without falling down from a cliff. She had really liked the view but it were a bit scary to stand so high up. She didn't think that Rilo would let her fall though, maybe he even would have jumped after her if she would have happened to fall, or maybe he would just let her become a red spot on the ground.

It took a few moments after they had arrived in the cave before Rilo released her and took some steppes back. Right after he did that Stella noticed Blake in the kitchen, he were making a big sandwich, she didn't know how big it was but it was really big. He didn't wear a shirt which reminded her of Rilo, he had walked around without a shirt at least two times since she got there, maybe it even were three times. He sounded cheerfully which made her really surprised, was he always like that after Emily had left? He seemed a bit to cheerful.

He smirked to her, so he had figured out that she had asked Rilo to take her somewhere. Well why wouldn't he know about it? After all he had suggested to her that she should do it and at the same day they both disappeared from the cave. That couldn't be a coincident so it was obvious that he would know. "Well we started with going to a bar where we met Phil who told me some good old stories." She said which reminded her of what she had thought about before, the question she had to ask Rilo. "That reminded me, Rilo, why haven't Phil noticed during all this years that you haven't aged? He said that you had known each other for so long so he should have noticed that nothing changed about you. Does he know that you're a demon?"

Blake nodded and began munching his way through his sandwich as he listened, going layer by layer from the top down and stuffing his face nice and full before he bothered chewing and swallowing. Even though he was civilized, he couldn't help his wolfish tendencies. He paused mid-bite as Stella mentioned Phil, and a grin spread across his lips once he had swallowed.

"Ah, Phil. I miss that man, he always looked the other way when I was sneaking beers," he said fondly, then glanced up when she turned to Rilo. Before Rilo could respond, Blake spoke up. "Of course he knows, no way he couldn't after that time Rilo des-" he started, but then he was cut off by Rilo cuffing the back of his head and awarding him with a glare. Blake blinked and realized that he had probably said too much, then quickly stuffed a layer of turkey and pickles in his mouth to keep himself silent. Rilo cocked an eyebrow but said nothing, turning instead to Stella.

"Yes, Phil knows. He's the only one there with any idea that demons and such exist," he said simply, moving to the kitchen to pull out a bottle of water. "I have to leave for a little while. Don't do anything stupid," he said, directing the last comment to Blake. With that, he vanished, desperately needing to feed after spending so much time with Stella.