The Debt (Lottie X Zaira)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Okay." she said softly as she was watching him go. Rubbing her head Opal started to head back to her room once again. She lightly closed the door behind and climb into bed. She didn't even bother changing as she laid back down, thinking about what just happened that day. Threatened and almost attacked, to Marie in bad condition, it was enough to give anyone a headache. Turning on her side she stared at her wall, wandering just what her parents had got her into. Did they know how crazy the youngest brother was, if they did why would they send her there? She could only assume that they didn't, she didn't think a parent would but their child in harms way, no matter how big the debt was.

(OOC: Little time skip until its nighttime?)

Lester left the house as soon as he could. He went directly to town and straight to a tavern. In there, he had more chances on finding someone who would actually deserve to be left on Marie's condition, according to his beliefs. And, it didn't take him long to find a perfect target. A drunken man harassing the poor women that worked there. It wasn't a killer and wasn't sure if a raper, but with a little warning, it would even help to make him leave those girls alone. He took him outside with a silly excuse and had his meal on a dark alley. After telling him that he needed to change the bearing of his life or he would hunt him back, he walked away back to his house. Sometimes, he wished he would be just as his brothers, and cared little for others. Everything would be much more simple...

((Sure thing! :D))

When Opal awoken she was disoriented and looked around the room in confusion. She was shocked to see how late she had slept in, seeing it was already dark outside. Slowly getting up from her bed she moved her body side to side before turning on her bedside lamp. "That's better." she said watching the little flame. "Better then being left in the dark." Covering a yawn she started to head out of her room and looked at Marie's door. Biting her lip, she started to take off downstairs. Going to grab the maid and herself something to eat, and hoping that Marie was up at that point.

Opal walked slowly down the hallways, not in such a big hurry as she took in all the decorations and some pictures that lined the walls here and there.

It was already late when Lester came back home. The first thing he did was looking for his little brother, who he didn't take long to find on his room with one of his maids. He walked towards him with a really not friendly expression and lifted him up into the air, grabbing him from his shirt. "If you are mad at me, you come and retaliate against me, you hear me? You don't go around playing with people lives, and I don't care if they are maids or noblewomen. Do it once again and I'll forget about the not fighting shit. And that won't be suitable for you, brother." told him, with a gaze that would scare off any human, and left him fall into the floor. Oliver didn't resist anything, but he grinned from time to time seeing his reaction, not taking seriously his threat.

Marie was still unconscious on his bed, and she looked as bad as she did before. She was completely pale and sickly, with her clothes quite dirty and some blood splattered on her neck. If it wasn't for her low pulse, she would be easily confused with a corpse with no life.

Ember was a bit shocked when he came into the room and was watching with the same grin that Oliver had on his face. Moving behind Oliver she wrapped her arms around him, her chin resting on his shoulder now. "My my, you sure did upset your older brother. Shame on you." she said laughing as she kissed the side of his neck. "Our little bunny will soon be next I am sure. He can't expect you guys not to go after her. And I am sure he has had to have a sip from a maid or two before." she purred as she trailed her fingers around Oliver.

Mean while Opal got to Marie's room and smiled softly as she walked in placing the food down. "I know you are still sleeping Marie but I brought you some food." she said softly. She had finally noticed the blood on her neck and was even more confused as to how she got it. Heading into her bathroom she got a wet rag and went over to the maid, lightly cleaning her neck. "He is crazy...that Oliver, to bite someone like that. That is just beyond messed up you know." she whispered as she was gently cleaning her up. "I should change your dress too...I don't think you could be comfortable sleeping like that."

Oliver chuckled together with Ember, although he was splitting into two feelings. For one side, it amused him seeing Lest like that, but on the other, he did not want to start a war between them, and he seemed seriously upset. It wasn't only that he was right about being in disadvantage if they happened to fight, but he just didn't want to. Anyway, he didn't show those feelings to Ember, and he kept his grin. "Oh, sure we will. Although I have a feeling that Jon will be faster than me. And, you know, he never had. But he did kill a few though, without even drinking from them. Weirdo..."

Marie slightly opened her eyes when Opal came in and started to talk to her. Anyway, she didn't make much sense of the situation, because she felt her eyelids excessively heavy and couldn't keep them open. She went to sleep once again.

Lester might care about people, but he wasn't anywhere close to being emotional stable. He knew Opal would be left on Marie's situation sooner or later, and without knowing exactly why he cared that much, he hated that thought. After all, many maids went through that or worse, and he didn't do much about that. Eventually, he convinced himself it was because he felt responsible for her, because of her being his maid. The situation made him rage, and he ended up throwing the bookshelf from his room, scattering all the books around, and breaking a few paintings. Gasping, he had an urge to check on Opal, but he would need to calm down first.

Opal smiled softly whens he saw her open her eyes. "Just rest." she told her gently. She went and picked out an night gown for Marie. Smiling Opal gently changed her out of her dress. "There we go." she said gently. "I will get this clean and it will be good as new. You just rest and eat when you awaken." she told her. She then started to take off of the room again, walking down the hallways until she heard a loud crash.

Stopping in her footsteps she took off to where she heard crashing and things breaking, and was shocked to see that she was standing in front of Lester's room. Gently placing the dress down on the floor she knocked on the door before slowly opening it up. "Lester, is everything okay?" she asked. She stopped short when she saw what the room looked like. "What are you doing?" she asked as she started to pick the books back up. "What has gotten into you?" she questioned.

Lester was surprised seeing her entering into his room. Normally, he wouldn't even try to explain himself to a maid, he would just walk out and let her clean. But with her was different, he didn't want her thinking that the only one she could trust in there was just another psychopath. Even though it might be right. Since he lost his first love and turned into the thing he was, he had those attack of anger from time to time, mainly because of dumb little things. And he did things he regretted while on that condition. But, eventually, after some years, he went through that stage, and went back to be the calmer of the three of them. Anyway, for some reason, the whole situation between Opal, Oliver and Marie, triggered that rage once again. And he had no idea how to explain it.

He sat down and grabbed his head, waiting until he was back being himself before speaking. "I don't know. Maybe I'm not as normal as you thought." simply said, and stood back up, helping her with the books. "And when you knock the door, you might want to wait until someone tells you to come in." added with a cold tone, avoiding looking at her. It wasn't just that he appreciated some privacy, but mostly that he had no idea what he would do if she appeared a few minutes before.

"Well it's kind of hard to wait when I hear things being thrown and breaking." she half snapped at him. "None of you guys are normal from what I can tell." she sighed as she went to sit the bookshelf up right and started to put the books back into it. "You know we worked really hard on getting this silly little thing clean, so don't go ruining our hard work." She was getting them in the straight like he preferred. Opal looked at the painting that he broke a small frown falling onto her face. "Well it can't be helped now." she said starting to gather them up in her arms. "I can try to fix these as best as I can, but that will take a little while."

She then looked back to him and gave a slight smile, it seemed different some how though, not like the ones that she use to give him. Maybe she was a bit upset with him or even disappointed that he let his rage control him like that. Then again she didn't know how much control he did have over his anger, but right then it didn't seem very promising. "I'll let you be then since you want your time alone. Maybe lock the door next time, yes?" she questioned as she was about ready to leave once more.

He helped her with the bookshelf and putting the books back in, still a bit ashamed from it. It was frustrating realizing he wasn't over that yet. "I'm sorry..." muttered when she mentioned their work cleaning it. "And don't worry, don't try to fix it. Just throw it away." added with a soft voice. He turned to see her about to leave, and wished she wouldn't. He nodded when she told him to lock the door, realizing he couldn't be tough on her when she only tried to help. But then again, he just didn't want to hurt her. There weren't many situations where he wanted to have company around, but that one was one of the few. Or maybe he just wanted her around him and away from Ollie. "Uhm, wait." said and made a brief stop, thinking what to tell her. "How's Marie?"

"Alright." she said when he mentioned to throw the paintings away. She stopped though when he told her to and turned around to look at him, slowly shaking her head. "She is still really weak." she told him as she stood there. "I manged to get her changed into a night gown and cleaned her up a bit...but I have a question Lester and it's been bothering since I saw it." she started as she played with the paintings in her hands. "Her neck..." she started slowly as she stood there. "There was blood on it and when I cleaned her up it was like...something or someone bit her." she explained before looking up at him.

"I know that kind of sounds crazy or anything, but I mean when I went found her Oliver and his maid were walking by and...you wouldn't think they would do something as mean as that do you?" she asked with concern. "I mean when I was little my sister got mad at me and bit my arm and it hurt a lot. So I can only imagine what it would feel like to have a full grown adult do that. And your brother isn't the most stable person, so I guess I am just asking your opinion about my thoughts."

He frowned hearing her words. For one side, he wanted to just tell her what they were, making sure that way she would know which dangers could haunt her. But, on the other hand, he didn't want to scare her away. And, he was sure that after knowing about his rage problems and that he was a vampire, she wouldn't want to see him again. He went to the selfish option, deciding he would tell her eventually, but not just yet.

"I'm not sure. I mean, he is quite crazy and violent, so I guess it's possible." answered her, slightly shrugging. He wasn't a great liar and hated doing it, but it was everything he could come up with. "I'm sorry you have to be here." added, being sincere about that. "But, would you like to do something that wouldn't concern my brothers? Hearing another piece of the story, perhaps?" asked, with an eyebrow raised. There weren't much else she could do about Marie, though, and even if he didn't exactly enjoy talking about Joanna, it might be better than thinking about her on his own.

She shook her head when he said it was possible that his brother might of bite her like that. She was going to make sure to keep her distance of him as much as she could. Though when he asked if she wanted to hear another piece of his story her mood seemed to perk up. She quickly went over to sit the pictures down on his desk and was soon going over to his bed and already making herself comfortable. "I really do." she told him. "I thought you weren't going to at first because I yelled at your brother." she told him as she sat there.

"But you just offered so you can't take it back!" she told him quickly as she patted the spot beside her. She looked nothing more like a child that was getting a treat for doing a good job, or being well behaved. "And don't worry about me being here. You guys might be crazy, but I enjoy my time spent with you and the stories you have to offer." she told him with a grin.

Lester couldn't help but smile seeing her so excited about the story, as if she was a little girl. Besides, he was glad she wasn't having such a bad time. "Well, you did break our deal there. But I can't blame you, he made you after all." shrugged. He knew his brothers were impossible to avoid, but he was actually more worried for her to fall for Jon's charms, because he knew she would avoid Oliver by now. "Uhm, well, where were we?" said as he sat right next to her. "Oh, sure, Joanna and Allen were in love, but unable to marry." said and made a brief stop, thinking how to go on.

"Joanna and Allen couldn't care less about having a title that certified their love." continued, with a slight smile going through the happy pieces of story. "Married or not, they shared wonderful days and nights, because they luckily already lived on the same house. Things weren't perfect, but they were terribly happy together. So happy that, obviously, something had to step on their way." said and made a brief stop, as giving some suspense. "Allen's parents settle a marriage for him. They brought him a beautiful woman from another wealthy family, but of course he wasn't willing take anyone but the woman he loved. Anyway, his parents wouldn't give up so easily and threatened the young boy; he could either marry this strange woman, or they would send Joanna away from him. And just like that, he didn't have much to think about, he could only do one thing if he didn't want to lose his love. And that was marrying someone else, knowing it might ruin everything he had with Joanna, but he would at least keep seeing her." kept telling, glancing at her from time to time. He was actually more relaxed than he thought he would, and could go through the whole piece of story without showing many emotions towards it. "And I'll leave the next part for tomorrow."

She smiled as he didn't blame her for speaking out of line towards Oliver. When he sat on the bed, she had leaned into him just like she had done in the library. It wasn't long after he started that he would see her get lost in his voice again and was picturing everything in her mind's eye. When he made a stop in his story she sat up a bit straighter and got closer to him. "You can't stop at that part, what got in their way?" she asked with wide eyes. It was clear that his pause did just want he wanted, though a sadder look fell onto her face as he continued on. "No." she said in a hush whisper when he told her that Adam knew what he had to do even if he lost everything with Joanna. Her whisper was more to herself, as she didn't want to interrupt him.

But when he did stop there she just kind of fell on top of him letting out a groan. "You stop in the worst parts!" she said turning herself around as she laid across his lap and looking up at him. "I feel so bad for the two of them. Why couldn't his parents just let him be happy?" she questioned. "Love shouldn't have to do with money or power. I understand their parents have a reputation to hold up on. But still it's true love isn't it?" she asked. "Who has a right to take that away from anyone?" she questioned again. Though it didn't look like she expected to answer her questions. It just seemed to make her feel a bit better to have them out in the open.

He chuckled with her reaction. Actually, he did stop there on purpose, because he enjoyed a bit leaving her with curiosity. Lester looked down at her and made a sad smile with her questions, gently putting a lock of her hair behind her ear. "You are right about all that. But his parents just didn't see it that way. Their marriage was settled and, even though they didn't like it at first, they learned to love each other. So they thought it would be the same thing. Eventually, they realized they were doing things wrong. But it was too late back then." told her, trying to explain things to her, although he agreed it wasn't fair. He raised his eyebrows. "But I shouldn't tell you this things. You'll hear them up another night."

She gave a sad smile back to him as she remained where she was. "I guess I am pretty lucky on that part then. I don't know what my mom and dad think. Mom is worried I am going to turn into an old maid, which I am sure she is right." she said as she moved to take her hand in his, interlocking their fingers together as she just moved his hand from side to side. "They have tried a many time to set my up with suitors, but they always seemed to fall for my sisters. Heck they are marrying two that were meant for me." she laughed.

"But that's okay with me, because they get to miss out hanging out here." she told him with a playful grin. "I am sure they will come for a visit eventually though. So I am glad they are getting married." she admitted as she sat there. "Other wise the attention would be off of me." she laughed again.

He heard her with attention and gladly took her hand, opposing no resistance as she moved his from side to side. She had a really nice laugh, and he loved hearing it, which made him chuckle together with her. Although, he turned a bit more serious afterwards. He had never wondered why a beautiful girl like her wasn't married yet, and the reason was quite weird. He just couldn't understand how a suitor wouldn't fall for her. He watched her as she sat and smiled slightly. "Really? Then, these men your sisters are marrying are less normal than I am. I mean, why would they choose another woman over you?" said a bit amused. Of course he didn't know those sisters of her, but he couldn't imagine them prettier or nicer than her. He softly squeezed her hand. "And, this way, you have the most important attention on you. Mine. So yeah, you should be glad they are getting married instead of you." added copying her playful grin.

"Well they are beauitful." she told him softly. "People always compare them to living dolls. They have big green eyes and blonde hair. Cute little noses and they are so thin but in a good way."she explained as she thought about them. "They have my fathers complaxion, tan but also pale at the same time. Where I am just pale with blue eyes and dark hair." she said softly. "I am not as thin as them and my eyes aren't as big. They look so much like my mother. While I look more like my great great grandmother." she said as she lightly squeezed his hand back. She was still wearing a frown and it was in that moment, he could see herself confidence started to wear thin.

Even if it was, his next words cheered her up more then anything else in the word. "Well I am glad. I hope to keep your attention for a while more. Though I am sure a handsome guy like you has many girls flocking to him and hoping to get into his chambers." she said playfully as she started to sit up once again.

He listened to her carefully, imagining her sisters as she described them. Well, they did sound beautiful, but he was still incredulous that someone would choose them before her. Noticing she was losing a bit of the confidence she always had, he smiled at her. "I'll admit they sound beautiful, even if I actually prefer dark haired women." started to say, while quickly glanced at the woman on the portrait, who was actually a brunette with light brown eyes. "But do they have the courage to stand psychopaths? Did they ever called 'little shit' a crazy guy?" asked with an amused expression, seriously admiring how she made people around her respect her, even if it was a dangerous thing on that house.

"Oh, and sure, there are a few girls trying to get me, but more for my big house than my chamber. So don't worry, I'm sure you'll have it for quite a while." said with a wink and watched as she sat up.

Status
Not open for further replies.