The Debt (Lottie X Zaira)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"No I don't think he is just for a moment. I really do like him a lot." she told him simply, not thinking anything of what she just said. "And I don't know why I don't stay away from you." she told him honestly. "I mean you haven't done anything to hurt me and you weren't mean to me." she explained. "So I don't have that good of a reason to stay away from you. Other then Lester saying you lie a lot." she said. She was caught by surprise when he put his arm around her back, but she said nothing and kept following him down to the hallway.

When she got to the dinning room, she couldn't help but look around in awe with how big it was. "Okay, my family is rich, but I mean come on, you guys must be swimming in money and gold and such." she said as she slowly walked around. "Our dinning room is pretty big, but not this big!" she exclaimed.

He only grinned at her words. So his little brother was calling him a liar behind his back? How sweet. He could say a lot worse things about him, after all. And the best thing was that Opal didn't seem to believe him much.

Jonathan let her go as they arrived to the dining, and slightly chuckled with her reaction. "Yeah, we do take some baths in gold sometimes." teased her, keeping his usual smile. He then called for a worker that was setting the table for them. "I'd like beef meat. Make it the way you think it's better. What about you, Opal?"

Last edited:
"Oh well that doesn't surprise me." she laughed with him, shaking her head as she went to sit down in one of the many seats. "So you guys don't ever have big family dinners?" she questioned. "Or is this just used more for parties and to show off?" she asked looking up at him once again. The worker had half jumped when Jon called out and looked at him before nodding his head. "Sure thing sir." he said before looking to Opal. "I will just have the same thing as him, but just make sure mine is cooked all the way. I can't stand when it's all raw." she said making a face.

The worker looked at her and simply nodded, "As you wish ma'am." he said before taking off to get their lunches ready.

Jon sat down on the chair next to her, and pulled it even closer to her. He could clearly hear her heartbeats from that distance, and it tempt him, even if he wasn't actually thirty. He had drank enough the previous night, but a little snack of brand new blood was always welcome. "Showing off, mainly." answered her with a slight smirk. "We are not quite a close family." added and made a little frown afterwards. "Why are you even here, anyway? I mean, instead of marrying some rich man that could pay your debt?" asked, actually surprised about that. She wasn't the only one beautiful maid around, but she was indeed the only one that belonged from a rich family. He glanced quickly at her neck and then back at her.

Outside, it started to snow. It wasn't a heavy snowstorm and it didn't bother Lester at all, except for the fact that his favorite book was getting wet. He sighed and stood up. Until that moment, he didn't even realize how much he had slept. His brothers were probably up and bothering around. He stretched out and started to walk towards the house.

"Well maybe you guys should spend more time together, it's always nice to be close to family. Sometimes that is all you will ever have." she said gently as she finally looked over at him after looking around the dinning room again. "And why I am here, I am surprised that you didn't know." she laughed. "Well of course it's to pay off the debt my family owes you." she said gently. "And I have met some very rich men in my past, but it never took long for their eyes to linger, and soon they were upon my sisters. So the men that were meant for me, are marrying them." she said with a sigh. "It kind of sucks in a way really, but I guess it isn't so bad."

"My father figured since am what, 21, that I need to start to do something for their family. So far I am not continuing the generation like my sisters will be. And I couldn't take care of them when they are old at the rate I am going at. Mother has already started to worry that I will be an old maid and die all alone. I think secretly she was hoping someone from where will want to marry me." she said shaking her head. "She is a silly woman really, her head always filled with romantic nonsense."

He listened to her carefully, and made a little frown hearing her sisters took her suitors from her. They were probably really beautiful women. Jonathan gently placed a hand on the down side of her face, slowly caressing her cheek with his thumb. His dark eyes fixed on her, looking at her with an intense gaze. "Well, I don't think it's silly to think that a beautiful woman could gain the heart of one of three brothers." told her with a slight smile. He was, indeed, lying, because he knew that in that house was really difficult to find love. But, as always, he sounded pretty convincing. Jon approached slowly to her and placed a soft kiss on her neck, pulling slightly away to watch her reaction. "Maybe you won't end up alone and as an old maid after all."

Lester stepped inside the house and decided to look for Opal. He was still far from being ready to see her, but he wanted to check if everything was okay. He tried to smell her but he got confused and followed an old trail towards his own room. A frown crossed his face as he noticed she wasn't there.

She had froze up when he placed his hand on her face, a slow blush was creeping onto her face as she sat there with him before she started to laugh. 'Well that's really sweet of you, but don't go filling my moms head with none sense either, alright?" she asked with a small grin. Though that grin soon disappeared as another look of shock swept across her face, he could her heart racing now as a blush seeped onto her skin from him kissing the her neck. Not once has anyone ever kissed her there, nor has anyone kissed her before. It was an odd sensation, she couldn't tell if she liked it or not.

She couldn't muster any thoughts as she sat with him. Slowly though she regained herself and started to laugh before fanning her face a little bit. "Maybe, maybe not either way that is fine." she said quickly. "You are a little trickster though, I can't say anyone has done that before." she said with another laugh.

He didn't take his hand from her at any moment, and he was still really close to her face. Feeling her blood travelling faster inside her body didn't help with her urge to take a little bite from her. He gave her another charming smile before talking once again. "Probably nobody has done this before either." told her, almost in a whisper, trying to be as seductive as he could. He approached to her neck, as slow as he did before, but this time, his fangs touched her skin. Jonathan firmed his hand on her so that she wouldn't move, and sank them inside her skin. It wouldn't harm her more than two small needles would if she didn't resist, and he hoped she wouldn't. Sometimes it was fun having a meal as his pray tried to get away, but he found it more exciting to make it a part of the courtship. He was excessively delighted as he felt her blood entering into his mouth, and he couldn't tell if it was because he had never drank from her before or if her blood was just exquisite. Either way, he didn't take much before pulling away. He stared at her as Lester came into the room.

"What do you mean?" Opal asked as she looked at him in confusion, the small tingle went down her back again when she felt his mouth against her check, that was until she felt something a bit sharper. "What is that?" she question, even with how firm he was pressing against her, she was slowly pulling away, that was until she felt a sharp pain that made her yip out. She froze up again, but this time even longer then the first as he brain tried to wrap around the idea of what was going on. He bite her, and here he is sucking the life out of her, the blood running out of her neck and into him. She didn't put up much of a resistance as she was just horror stricken.

Her blood though, did give off a delighted tasted. It was more pure then most, and maybe even slightly sweeter. The scent slowly filling the air in the room. When he pulled away, she could only just stare back at him with a pale face, her hand moving to touch the side of her neck. When her fingers finally touched the wet liquid was when she found her voice again. "You bit me." she said in a hushed whisper, the horrified look still written on her face, some tears starting to swell up in the corner of her eyes.

Jonathan didn't take his gaze of her as he licked his lower lip, which still had a few drops of her blood. He grinned widely at her words. Oh, well, it seemed that she didn't take it really good. So she didn't hear already about what they were? That would give Lester a fun time explaining all those stuffs. He simply winked at her and stood up from his chair, giving a grin at Lester as he walked at his side towards the door.

Lester hurried to reach on her, and sat down on the chair Jonathan used to be. Of course he was madly angry at his brother, but he was more worried for her. "Opal? Are you okay?" said, placing one hand on her shoulder. He looked at her with a soft gaze, his blue eyes with brown stains didn't look at all as Jonathan's. "I'm... sorry for not getting here earlier."

"No!" she half yelled at him as she slapped his hand away and pushed herself farther into her seat. She pulled her hand away from her neck and was looking at the blood that now laid on it. It might of not seemed that bad, but in her panicked mind frame, it was all too much. "He bite me!" she half yelled again, shoving her hand towards his face. "He is just as insane as your other brother, and..." she stopped just as she thought about what he said. "You knew they did this to people didn't you?" she asked as she slowly starting to get up from her chair. "That they are both crazy and bite people, that's why you want people to stay away from them." she accused.

"What about you, do...do you do this to people as well?" She asked watching him with wide eyes. "Is that why none of you are married, because you bite and...oh my god." she said looking like she was going to be sick for a moment. "Have they killed others and ate them like that?" she questioned, her mind clearly running wild right then.

He sighed seeing her panicking like that, blaming himself for not warning her earlier. Lester knew it was a normal reaction, but he still wished there was something he could do to let her calm down. Anyway, he didn't try to get close to her again. "Relax, darling. I know it's a hard thing to do after what just happened, but just try to. You know I won't hurt you and won't let anybody else do it, so just calm down, okay? I will answer anything you want if you can do it." told her with a soft voice, trying to sound as friendly as possible. Anyway, he knew that she wasn't someone that wouldn't care about the fact that they were vampires, and things wouldn't be the same for them after that. But... wasn't that what Lester wanted? He wasn't so sure anymore.

She had kept her distance from him, and stopped speaking when with the reassurance that he wouldn't hurt her nor would he let anyone else. It seemed to be a reoccurring trend for her to get so worked up, only to have him speak such words that would calm her down again. It helped even more so when he didn't get back up again or approached her, it made her feel like she had some control as to what was going on.

"Just....what are you?" she asked in more of a whisper. Sounding unsure herself if she wanted to know or not.

He was staring at her, and was glad she could calm down. It seemed that even after Jonathan had drank blood from her, she could still trust him. He sighed before answering to his question, trying to find words to make it sound better. Anyway, there didn't exist such words. "I'm a vampire." he just said, making a brief stop after it. "We are vampires. We feed on human blood, probably as in every story you heard. Not of all myths about my kind are real, but some are. Anyway... we are not necessarily ruthless monsters." added, hoping she would believe the last part of it.

She looked at him and gave a small laugh, though it would almost seem like a common responds from some where. "You...think your vampires." she said as she held her head in her clean hand. "I am in a house full of crazies aren't I?" she asked looking up at him again with a concern and confused expression. "Vampire they aren't real you know. They are just stories our mothers tell us to keep us from going out at night." she sound more like she was trying to convince herself more then him.

"Joanna..." she said suddenly as she seemed to come to realize something. "Joanna...she was yours wasn't she?" she questioned. "And you are Allen aren't you?" she asked starting to put two and two together.

He watched her with a shameful expression. It was nice to have someone thinking you were human, especially when you hate being one of those creatures mothers used to keep kids from going out at night. He couldn't hate more himself, and her mother, at that moment. "I wish vampires weren't real..." muttered and shut up when he heard her talking about Joanna. He nodded softly at her words. "Lester Allen Kinlan, actually." told her, admitting about using his middle name to cover his identity on the story. "She... didn't like to call me just like everyone else. So she used to call me Allen." added, with a slight frown.

She seemed to slowly be taking it all in. Slowly she went back to the seat and sat down, "And your parents wouldn't let you two be together." she said softly as she sat there. "And...you've been avoiding me all morning haven't you?" she asked. She didn't sound like she was mad at him, her tone was more of a thinking one then anything else right then. "And you drink peoples blood and Oliver had hurt Marie didn't he?" she asked again. "And he could drain me dry like any of you..." she said as she started to rub her head with her good hand. "Do my parents know what you are, or are they oblivious to it?" she questioned.

He was glad to see her taking all that stuff in, and wasn't running away from him. At that moment, the man who took the orders from Jonathan and Opal earlier came across the door with two plates of good-smelling steaks. He placed them in front of them, frowning slightly when he saw Lester. With a small bow, he left the room, and Lester started talking, knowing he would need to speak the truth with her from now on. "You are right at everything you assumed. Except that they wouldn't dry you, they might want to piss me off, but they know that killing you would be too much even for them. And I sincerely have no idea about your parents, but my father surely has. We can ask him when he comes back, if you wish."

She looked at the food with disinterest, not feeling the need to eat anymore after the incident. Looking back at Lester she slowly nodded her head once again. "But you wouldn't let them, even if they wanted to right?" she asked softly as she was falling back to him being her safety blanket once more. "And...I would rather you not mention anything to my parents. I would hate to make them worry again." she explained as she sat there. "I am sure they are already worried that I am burning your clothes or something like that and you guys will send me back to them with even more debt." she said as she sunk back into her seat as she was slowly allowing herself to relax.

"And you said I was right about you avoiding me...did I do something wrong?" she asked looking almost hurt now. "Or do I just remind you too much of Joanna and you don't want much to do with me...or have I been asking too many questions?"

"Of course I wouldn't let them. I'm already terribly sorry for letting both of them get that close to you." answered her, with a serious expression on his face. Anyway, he allowed a small smile to cross his face as she talked about burning his clothes, which faded away once again as he saw that look on her face.

"You didn't do anything wrong." said, and felt a huge urge to hug her, or at least caress her hair or something. He oppressed it though, as she was probably not ready for any physical touch from a vampire. "And you are not like Joanna either. I mean... of course you are both beautiful and you both have your courage. But you are still amazingly different." told her with a bit of a sad smile. He stopped and took his gaze off her, trying to explain her why he had been avoiding her. "Anyway, yesterday I've felt... as if we..." started to say, but he had no idea how to go on. He looked back at her. "I'm just afraid of falling for you, I think." added, and waited for her reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.