The Debt (Lottie X Zaira)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The little girl had smiled and hugged him before taking off and running away from the two of them. Both with the money he had paid her and the money she pick pocketed when she had hugged him. Opal smiling happily as she stood up again and lightly placed one of the crowns on his head. "It may make me a better princess with two, but a princess does need a prince right?" she asked before going to take his hand once again. "Thank you for the doll too. I can start adding my collection to my room at your house now." she told him with a grin.

Lester was surprised by the hug of the little girl, but he understood as he felt her tiny hands on his pockets. Anyway, he had to admit she was really good at it for her age. Even if he didn't care about the money, he wanted to go after her and scare her a bit. Not because he enjoyed scaring little girls, but he was a bit worried of what would happen if someone else caught her doing it. As far as he knew, that town was full of people who wouldn't care about beating up a small girl if that girl was a thief. Anyway, he felt something over his head as he was thinking about it. Lester looked at Opal and couldn't help but smile. "Well, I'm really honored to be chosen as your prince, my majesty." told her and kissed her softly. "But, sincerely, with this flowers upon my head, I feel more as a princess. Would you mind choosing a dress for me, too?" added with amusement and chuckled slightly. Of course, he didn't really mind about it. "I'd love to see your collection at your room. But make sure to get a few more to call it a collection." answered, happy for making her happy with something as insignificant as a few dolls.

He turned once again to check on the direction the little girl had left. Luckily, he remembered her smell, so even if she disappeared, he'd be able to find her later.

Last edited:
She laughed as she kissed him back. "Of course I could pick you out a dress." she told him. "We could have matching ones." she said as she took his hand once again and started to walk once more, just enjoying her time with him Everything seemed to be going okay, for the most part. Though she had no idea such a little girl she thought was so sweet stole from them. When Lester looked up to see where the girl had gone, she had vanished around a corner and disappeared once again.

She was already planning on spending the money. A large grin on her face as she stopped and picked up a few things from a bakery before heading back to where she had came from. It was an old orphanage, it looked like it needed some care here and there, but other then that it looked livable. She was quickly greeted by the other kids all asking of where she had been and how many flowers she sold. She only smiled though and shook her head as she started passing out the treats.

The little girl knew she would be asked by the lady of orphanage of where she got the treat's and how, and she knew she would be punished for it, but as of right then she didn't really care.

He laughed at her answer. The picture of them with matching dress crossed his mind and it looked quite amusing, not to mentioned he would look extremely ugly. "I think I'll better limit myself to the flower crown." he added, still with an amused expression upon his face. He gladly gave her his hand and walked at her side. Alternatively, he glanced at her and back to the stands, still without finding anything that called his attention. They walked a few more before he smelled the trail of the small girl stronger than before. It came from a bakery, and he could sense it continued on a side road from there. He stopped and looked that way, thinking if it would help at all going after her. Anyway, she would probably don't listen. "The little girl that sold these crowns to us stole money from me. I don't care at all about that money, she would probably give it a better use than I would. But what do you think someone else would do to a small lonely thief?" asked her, trying to get her opinion about it.

Last edited:
She smiled as she walked with him, her hand holding onto hand. She was as happy as she ever been at his side, though she slowed down when he was talking about the little girl. She was about to get very angry when he told her that she stole his money, but seeing as he didn't care about the money and more about the child's well being, her anger died down. "If someone else were to get a hold of her, they would beat her to a bloody pulp." she said softly. "Maybe even kill her, what do you suggest we do then?" she asked looking up at him. "Track her down?"

Back in the orphanage a bit of hell broke loose. The little girl was running though the house screaming bloody murder as the owner chased her. She was a plump woman and was much slower then the child and much more out of shape.None the less she was relentless as she chased her around. It wasn't long until the woman finally tackled the child to the grown. 'Get off of me!" the girl yelled. "You are going to crush me with all your fat, unless you fat rolls smother me first!" she yelled. "You little shit!" the woman growled as she got up and grabbed the girl by the shoulder.

"How did you get those goods?" she demanded as she pulled the girl up to her feet. "I bought them." the child told her. "Now don't you lie to me little girl!" she told her harshly. "You stole them didn't you?" she questioned. "I did not!" she yelled. "I bought them with my own money!" she told her. "Now I am not going to have this lying in my house!" the older woman barked. "You are such a trouble maker, no one is ever going to adopt you, you know that?!" she yelled. "All you do is cause trouble and no one want's a child like that!"

The child just made a face as she looked away from the woman. She looked like she actually thought about what she was saying and deep down she knew the woman was right, but at that moment she didn't care. Pulling all of those aside she looked up at the woman and gave her the most nymphish smile she could muster. "Well it looks like just more time for me to stay around and torment you...no?" she asked. With that the woman roughly grabbed her by her ear and started to lead her to her room. Causing the girl to wail in pain. The words coming out of her mouth put a sailor to shame.

Once the woman got her to her room she shoved her in there and locked the door. "Now you are going to stay in there and no dinner for you tonight!" she yelled. "Good, I hope I starve!" the young girl yelled back as she just flopped herself on the floor.

He nodded at her statement. Anyone else would surely follow after her and beat her, and he just couldn't understand how some humans were so cruel. Although it was a good thing for him, because those humans fed him. Anyway, at her other words, a slight smirk crossed his face. "That's an easy thing to do, when you are dating a vampire." said and pulled from her to the street next to the bakery shop. They didn't take long to arrive to the big old building. The place was almost falling apart, and that fact made him stop for a moment. It was no home for little girls like that one.

Anyway, he shook his head slightly and walked for a bit more. He then turn to Opal, smiling. "Okay, now we are just a happily married couple, willing to adopt a child." told her a bit amused and, without giving her a chance to reply, knocked the big wooden door. They didn't take long to open, and they walked inside, still holding hands.

"Good morning. We are Lester and Opal Kinlan. And we are here to look at the girls, since we are looking to adopt." just said, not really knowing how the process was supposed to be, but just guessing. There was a woman behind a desk, and the one that opened the door, and they both looked surprise. Probably knowing him by name.

"Good morning, Mr. and Mrs. Kinlan. I'd only ask one of you to sign in here, and when you are ready to choose, we'll inform you how the process will continue." said the woman behind the desk, and he was glad they didn't ask for any type of paper. Although they would, if they'd ever adopt a girl.

"Sure." replied, as he approached to sign. Only then he let go her hand, and taking it once again after signing. "Thank you very much."

"Thank to you, sir. Now, my partner in here will show you the place." said, as he pointed at the woman who opened the door. She was a young, thin woman, who was probably just a worker. Maybe even a girl that was never adopted. Lester smiled kindly before starting to follow her.

Opal was about to stay something, but it was too late, he had already opened the door and walked inside. She smiled kindly at the women that were there and had let him do all of the talking. When it was time to show them around, the other woman smiled and gave a small bow. "It's never nice to meet you, we didn't know we were having any visitors today, so the children aren't dressed as nice as they could be." she explained as she was starting to walk down the hallway. They would hear a lot of yelling and running as the children were just being...well children.

At times they would have to stop so that another child could dodge around and run past them. "They are a pretty active bunch." the woman laughed. "How old are you looking for?" she asked looking up at him. "We don't have any baby, babies, but we do have some toddlers, ranging from one to three of course." she explained. "We also have older kids if you are looking for needing some help around the house. Or needing them to be old enough to pick up and defend for themselves." she explained.

"They look rather dirty." Opal mumbled to her as she looked over to see some other kids watching her from afar. "Well they are children and they do like to play outdoors." she said kindly. When they saw Opal watching they quickly hid around the door once again. "They got one of her crowns." one of the kids whispered. "Do you think she is in trouble?" another asked. "I heard that she sometimes laces the flowers with poision and gives them to the nobles and the other wealths. Do you think they caught on?" another asked. "I highly doubt it, I never saw a dead body before, come one lets go ask her!" another said a little bit too loudly before they all started to take off up the steps.

(Sorry for taking so long! D: I'll do my best to keep on regular replies from now on. )

Lester followed the woman, walking right next to Opal, looking around. He wasn't bothered by any of the yelling and the whole chaos. Actually, it was great to see them acting just as children. Of course, a place with kids that had been abandoned by their respective parents was always believed to be a sad place. But, luckily, those children didn't exactly look sad. He then detected the scent of the little girl they were after, but just kept following their path. He believed their best choice would be to keep playing as a couple who wanted to be parents, and maybe interested on adopting her, so that they'd have a couple of minutes to talk alone. Anyway, he wasn't sure if it'd be better to scare her or just make her understand. They'd figure it out, though.

At the question of which age they were looking for, Lester tried to guess which age the little girl would be. "We are not looking for someone to help with the house, but we aren't interested on the smallest ones either. Someone around 5 to 10 years old, perhaps." answered her. He knew that most of couples preferred babies, but he didn't mind to give further explanations.

They kept walking, and he focused on the children around them once again. He knew he'd never be able to have one of his own, but he was already starting to like those little creatures. Of course, it was only a vague idea that he'd need to think about deeply, for a probably distant future. But it was still something nice to consider. Anyway, as he did so, he listened a conversation of a bunch of kids. They were talking about the little girl in a way that made him chuckle softly. He quickly turned serious once again, though, knowing it might look weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.