The Deathwatch

Slight edit to character sheet, a piece of fluff I forgot to add.

Edit: Okay I lied big edit, I love rites of battle.

What. No talking amongst space marines, gonna have to fix that.

Well, if I had an axe I'd definately be making a tinman heart joke.

Hey - I realize it is a little late but I've doing more research on the Iron Hands and other chapters since I've started reading the Horus Heresy again. Well I didn't know that Iron Hands used "Iron Fathers" for Chaplains - specially trained tech marines who serve to protect the faith of their brethren. Since I was kind of gearing my Tech Marine towards anti-chaos and a champion during the battle of Thrax can I make him an Iron Father?

Quick look on lexicanum revealed this little nugget

The Iron Hands entertain the rank of Iron Father, fulfilling the roles of Chaplain, Apothecary and Techmarine. They hold a particular reverence to the mechanical, and are rumoured to spend time on Mars as the guests of the Adeptus Mechanicus during their training. It is said that they venerate the Machine God aspect of the Emperor ahead of any other version as a result, which does not please the Ecclesiarchy at all. Due to this animosity between the Iron Hands and the Ecclesiarchy, the Iron Fathers are not issued with a rosarius and they must instead manufacture their own versions of the protective holy symbol.

Would also solve our apothecary problem then.

I'm down with this sort of thing, and based on the fluff for GMK I just wrote, TNT......you know what's going to happen.

There will be a Black Sword, and LOTS of very big, very dead things.

I'm just gonna leave this here.

Name:
Laertes "Skulls" Grimmortal

Chapter: Mortifactors

Specialization: Devestator

Past Event: Wounded in action at the Tarsus Ultra Conflict. Since returned to arms, with 'enlightenment' from beyond.

Personality: As are all of the Mortifactor Chapter, Skulls is possessed of a dark and morbid outlook upon life, even to the point eagerness to discard his own life and return to the Halls of the Victors. This recklessness is a dangerous and frightening thing to behold, but ultimately profitable in combat. The wounds inflicted during the Tarsus Ultra Conflict left him teetering on the razor wire between life and death, where he envisioned himself at the feat of the Ultimate Warrior.

These wounds have cost him much of his face and scalp, giving him the macabre expression that spawned his nickname. Laertes lives for war, or rather, he lives for death.

Chapter Demeanor: Unity in Death

Psychic Powers: lol wut

Power Armor History: Trophies of Battle: 'Nids

Basic Equipment:

-Astartes "Imperial Maximus" power armour
-Astartes bolt pistol
-Astartes frag grenades (3)
-Astartes krak grneades (3)
-Astartes combat knife
-Repair Cement
-"Godwyn" Heavy Bolter
-Backpack Ammo Feed
-Skull Helmet

Chapter Trapping: Skull Belt

Renown: 0

Primarch's Curse: We The Dead

Insanity Points:

Additional Information: Laertes' power armour boasts the tell-tale skulls of his chapter inscribed on the left pauldron, and bears a fearsome Skull Helmet. The joke is, one can never tell whether he is wearing his helm or not, given his vacated face. He wears a belt lined with skulls he has collected from skirmishes with the Tyranids. Laertes was recruited from the austere night world of Posul, where the population of nomadic tribes are constantly in conflict with one another and practice cannibalism. The Mortifactors' Neophytes are chosen from the most vicious and skilled warriors on the planet.

Laertes' is eager for Brothers who are willing to join him in death, where he will feast for eternity and commune with the Emperor himself.

can anyone point me to the pdf and the added shit (the other chapters)? then i can commence playingness.

Name: Maeric Severdus

Chapter: ++Chapter name Expunged on order and joint authority of Watch Commander Aristarchos of the Deathwatch and Brother-Captain Strall of the Grey Knights++

Specialization: Black Shield (Tactical Marine)

Past Event: Sole Survivor of a battle where his chapter attacked a deamon prince and his chaos space marine servants during the invasion of Teclis Primaris, Maeric is said to have lead the rearguard, defending the civilians saved from dark fates, more than this, he will not say, even to the Watch-Commander, though all who know him know that the event haunts him still, fueling his desire to take on any mission, no matter whether it is a grueling test of his mettle in the flames of combat or the stoic duty of maintaining guard at a chapel far from Imperial trade routes and civilization without complaint.

Personality: A mix of Gregarious and Hot Blooded

Chapter Demeanor: Red Thirst
Psychic Powers: none.

Power Armor History: Blood of the enemy, Terror be thy friend (its an old suit that saw action from the great crusade til know, how Maeric acquired it is a mystery known only to himself and the Watch Commander)

Basic Equipment:
MkII 'Crusade' Armor. (you bet your sweet arse i went there!)
Astartes Bolt Pistol
3 Astarted frag grenades
3 Astartes krak grenades
Astartes combat knife
Repair cement
Chapter trapping
Crusade Pattern Boltgun
One sickle magazine (30 rounds) Hellfire rounds.
One Drum magazine (60 rounds) Metalstorm shells

Chapter Trapping: None

Renown: (This will come into play later in the RP)

Primarch's Curse: (Black Rage

Insanity Points: 0

Additional Information:

TWO red thirst/black rage sufferers... this could get very interesting very fast.

We have our own squad of Tac Marines. Thanks for re-posting the Rites of Battle grabbing it now. Still waiting to hear on if I'm okay to be an Iron Father.

So chainswords and heavy-bolters for everyone.

...I'm in old school power armor motherfucker. i need nothing but my bolter!

AND MY AXE.

Space_Wolf_Lord_by_slaine69.jpg