The Deathwatch

2 Tactical Marines and 2 Librarians?

ALL SHALL FALL BEFORE OUR MIGHT.

What? No non-Codex Deathwatch chapters? And seriously, if you guys go double Libarian, I'm going to rape your minds with Tyranid tentacles...I'm serious, I'll do it man, I'll do it!

If anyone wants to change their chapter to something else, I'd gladly welcome a mebmer of the Crimson Fists, short-handed as they are (no pun intended).

I got denied for librarian. So - I'm twisting a different direction and I have no idea which way yet.

Assault Marine? Or Devastator Marine?

There's also Techmarine, and Apothecary!

lol I know my options. I was going ultramarine librarian - no psyker powers no ultramarine. So I'm switching up and going either Apoth or Tech, just not sure of chapter. Going to go look at some.

Dude - quit reading my f'in mind. I'm working on an Iron Hands Tech Marine at this moment.

Name: Tacitus Aegidius

Chapter: Iron Hands

Specialization: Tech Marine

Past Event: Tacitus was with his brethren at the cleansing of Thrax and drove the lead land raider (of 5) directly into a facility bristling with anti tank defenses that had previous crushed whole armored companies.

Personality: Scornful

Chapter Demeanor: Remorseless Machine

Power Armor History: Thy Strength Be Legend

Basic Equipment:

Astarted Bolt Pistol
3 Astartes Frag Grenades
3 Astartes Krak Grenades
Astartes Combat Knife
Repair Cement
One Chapter Trapping
Astartes Bolter with fire selector
Astartes Servo Arm
Mind Impulse Unit

Chapter Trapping: Pendant of the Omnissiah

Renown: (This will come into play later in the RP)

Primarch's Curse: Flesh is Weak

Insanity Points: (This will come into play later and is related to your Primarch's Curse)

Additional Information: Though fervently faithful to both the God Emperor and the Omnissiah, Tacitus will do whatever it takes to win. When his land raider was ready to fail on Thrax, he asked for forgiveness from the Machine Spirit when he forced an overload to cause the biggest explosion possible.​
open weakness for them though.

Alright fully updated and ready to go.

Alright, for you Primarch's Curse, put down "The Flesh is Weak". Basically, once this comes into play, it'll mean that you start to hate organics more and more, and replace more and more of yourself with bionics, in an attempt to become a true machine. You will also beome more and more loyal towards the Omnissiah and Machine Gods and less loyal to the Emperor. God forbid you run into Necrons. (insert evil laugh here)

For your Chapter trapping...Let's say that you can choose a hammer icon, or a iron fist icon. Just like all the others, they ahve no real effect on your abilities, since this is an RP, not the full-fledged game. However, these are what help remind you of your chapter and where you came from. They are very important to you.

For you Chapter Demeanor, put "Remorseless Machine". Basically, this means that you, and your chapter as a whole, show absolutely NO sympathy or leniency towards heretics. For an example of this, take a look at what they did in retaking the Contqual Subsector.

For those of you still wondering what Insanity points and the Primarch's Curse are for, I shall explain with an analogy. Sadly only those familiar with the Star Wars d20 game will understand it.
In Star Wars d20, there are Dark Side points. As you do evil things, or choose not to stop evil things, you may accumulate Dark Side points. Once you reach a certain amount, your character is consumed by the Dark Side and turned into a psychotic DM-controlled NPC of epic evil-doom. Insanity points are like Dark Side points, and the Primarch's Curse is what determines how you act as you progress further along the path to Chaos. Insanity points will range from 0 to 99. At 100, you fall to the sweet whispers and false promises of chaos. Now, unlike Dark Side points, which can only be accumulated through actions you willingly do or do not take, Insanity Points can accumulate from simply being exposed to chaos taint. Chaos taint such as a member of the Traitor Legions, or a tiny, harmless warp anomaly, or a full blown Chaos Incursion. Also, should you become tainted enough to gain a mutation, no matter how slight, you will continuously gain Insanity Points, as the Chaos gods and their servants now have a direct link to you. Too bad you don't have an Apothecary to monitor your gene-seeds.

PS: Keep your PM Boxes spacious, as there will be ALOT of GM-Player communication. You know, since only Librains can see into the warp (without going insane...as easily...) and Techmarines are the only ones who can speak the language of the machine. And speaking of languages, in order to give Tac Marines more RP options, they can have one Xeno Language that they speak.

Does Deathwatch really only go by insanity points? In Dark Heresy there are Insanity Points and Corruption Points.

Insanity points accumulate over time through traumitic events and seeings thing that fracture the humany psyky. When you reach so high in Insanity points your character is done - his mind has collapsed under the weight of horrors he has seen and is really no longer able to be played. Some DMs will allow you to continue at this point but you have to constantly battle with your many insanities gained and there is a list.

Corruption Points are gathered by enounters and influences with almost all things Chaos. They slowly draw you from the face of the Emperor and into the folds of Chaos. A character that reaches max corruption is no longer playable for he has fallen to Chaos. Unless your campaign is turning into a Chaos Campaign. You are able to push through so much corruption and there are several things that can be done to lower your corruption. Pacts with the dark ones can be made to give you some pretty awesome bonuses but they gain you a lot of corruption and insanity points and corruption will slowly grow with the use of your dark gifts.

I think you want Corruption points and not insanity points.

Blood angels fought against Thrakka on Armageddon, so most logical choice for a blood angel to speak would be Orky since the 'nids have no language a marine has any hope of learning. But Orky is just lower than low Gothic. So uuugh..

Can I ask - how are we going to work the effective gaining of rank and what not to gain access to better equipment/cyberatics?

Thats the renown system, We gain renown for completing objectives, more renown means we get to play with better toys from the armory. They don't give the good stuff to just anybody.

Seiji, look up the relationship between the Black Templars and the Crimson Fists, then SWITCH YOUR FUCKING CHAPTER!!!!

Edit: due to BT history that means I can speak anything.

Well, Deathwatch as oth Insanity and Corruption points, but I'm just combining them to streamline things. As for other languages, there is Tau, Kroot, Vespid, Eldar, and more. Vay is correct about Renown points. In addition to the objectives revealed IC, there will also be numerous, hidden tertiary objectives in each mission, plus one hidden Primarch objective and one hidden Daemon Prince objective. Primarch objectives lower Insanity points, while Daemon Prince objectives will cause you to recieve a LARGE amount of Insanity points. Also, both will grant a decent amount of renown points.

On a side note, CURSE YOU AND YOUR FLUFF-ploitation, GMK! Kudos for it, too. And like I said, the Imperial Fists and their successor chapters are all bad ass.

NOTE: The main reason I chose to call them Insanity points rather than Corruption Points is because of the Primarch's Curse. All space marines share a flaw with their Primarch, and while this flaw can lead to Chaos, it isn't guaranteed, though it always results in some form of Insanity. An example is the Blood Angel's Black Death. While they still serve the Emperor, the Death Company would be quite welcome in the court of Khorne.

Imperial Fists is probably my favourite Chapter.

I just wanted to play a Rune Priest Librarian.

I'd also like to point out that it's a good thing our Kill-Team of 4 only has 1 psyker instead of 2. Black Templars REALLY don't like Psykers.

Our kill team only has one psyker cause it was -denied- the second one. I tell you what the Ultramarine Support/Healing Psyker would've been just as useful as having a light armored vehicle and an apoth - but nooo. But - I'm happy with a Tech Marine geared Strength wise who's gonna throw shit at things with his mechanical arm. I just need to get my hands on a melee weapon so I can go full assault variant.

But anyway - the whole Primarchs Curse where I slowly turn from the emperor to the omnissiah - aren't Tech Marines turned towards the Omnissiah anyways?

When do we get to start stomping on the unclean?

Techmarines hold abalance between the Emperor and the Omnissiah. Your curse turns you away from the Emperor, first to the Omnissiah, then to the God-Machines (ie, C'tan).

And yes, I denied your Librarian. For the fact that a Black Templar with half his team being Psykers would be forced to play paranoid without the aid of Insanity points. Plus, two Librarians is just not nice.