The Cursed Children

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vanessa nodded and turned her attention back to the infected man. She inspected his visible body for any wounds or anything else but she couldn't find any. After a moment, she put her hand on the man's shoulder and pulled him forward, looking at his back and finding large gashes on his back, still oozing blood, but the blood was mixed with an unknown black liquid. "This man must be the original infected person that came in contact with the Gastrea... He's already long gon-" She spoke to herself, but before she could finish her sentence, she could hear the man mumbling something inaudible. "Hm? I can't hear you..."

He was surprised by her stopping and turned around too look at her, walking a little closer, "Care, don't let him trick you and keep your guard up." He warned her, he wanted to come closer, but knew it would be to risky, just a bite or scratch from this man could be enough to get him infected, but something told him that this entire case was nothing usual in the slightest, usual for their already unusual work at least.
Another step before he finally stopped and looked to her, now barely five steps away as he sighed, "Just finish this, it's pointless, he probably is just mumbling nonsense!"

"I know but a person that's been infected by the Gastrea virus shouldn't be able to do that, he's just barely holding on to his human nature before he has to die... I feel kinda sad for him..." Vanessa explained to him before she pressed the gun's head to his chest where his heart was located and pulled the trigger, his body was unresponsive and his eyes rolled towards the back of his head. "That was always the depressing part..."

"As hard as it might be, it's our job and it might not be a nice one in many ways, but we can't allow him to just kill others in the end, life isn't easy and not fair at all with this, we have to kill few to save many, that's what you could call it." He smiled faintly as he walked closer to her, offering her a hand to come along and leave the scene for the team to check up on everything they may find.

Vanessa looked at him for a moment before nodding slowly. "Yeah... I suppose you're right... We can't exactly save everyone..." She took his hand in her own and stood up, looking at the man's body one last time before she placed her gun inside her holsters.

"I'ts a true shame we can't, but I just feel like, if we get that guy from earlier, a lot of things might change, he seemed to know a lot about what was going on, more than we know at least, don't you think? It seemed like he had a much greater knowledge, also he was rather powerful while still maintaining a good level of self control."

Vanessa looked at him for a moment before offering him a sad smile, she knew that he would probably search for the masked man to the ends of the earth without stopping. "But he's long gone now, we can't exactly just drop everything to look for this guy, I know what you're saying... but for now we should just wait until he shows up again..."

"Yeah, I just felt like we could have gotten him, next time we at least know what he is capable of and can probably tell when he is around, we should let the other groups know too though, I'd not exactly feel good if they got into a similar situation, or worse." He wanted to chase the man, she probably knew all to well, but she brought him back, she was right, it was too risky and dumb to just do that.

Vanessa looked around for a moment, the vans and clean-up crews from the civil security headquarters were already littering the block. "You're right, we should probably do that as soon as possible." She said to him as she took a hold of his hand for support and comfort. "Just so you know... I'm by your side throughout this whole thing... So you won't be alone..." She admitted quietly, staring down at the ground as she tightened her grip on his hand slightly.

He nodded and squeezed her hand lightly, he was a little surprised she did that, but it helped him to calm down. "Thank you.." Dominic then led them away from the scene as they made their way to the headquarters, it was a weird feeling holding the hand of the girl he somewhat just looked at as a partner or some killing machine, he never realized that he thought like that about her. "I still do wonder if he was human and why he'd do that, I mean...unless it's only because he enjoys killing others, which I doubt."

"I don't want to consider somebody like that human... He killed three police officers with no remorse what so ever and he possessed some kind of strange power too... Last time I checked no normal humans would be able to pull off stunts like that.." Vanessa told him as she looked around the city as they walked, no matter how many times they would go through this city, the scenery would still fascinate her.

He smiled as he listened to her, in a way it kept him motivated knowing that he at least didn't need to worry for all of humanity, but still it bothered him, knowing that such a thing had happened, it would bother him for a while. Finally they reached what they could call their home and he turned to her, "Let's meet up with the others and explain things to them."

Vanessa nodded her in agreement before speaking up. "Alright, should we just gather all of them up together or rather just explain everything to them one at a time?" She asked tilting her head to the side slightly.

"Would go faster to get them all together...can you get them? I'll get us a room...so I can explain it all." He smiled at her as they made their way in.

(Could you message me on our previous private message? Apparently don't have it anymore v.v)

"Sure, might take awhile though since I gotta find all of them..." Vanessa looked around the lobby. "Call me with the number of the room once you get it ok?" She said as she walked over to the elevator. "I don't feel like taking the stairs..."

(( Alrighty ))

Dominic nodded and went out to check for a room where they could meet all the others.

When the elevator opened Irina looked at Vanessa surprised, a smile as she saw her. "Hey.." She almost whispered as she waited for the girl to get in.

Vanessa stared at Irina for a moment before she slightly grinned and spoke up. "I was right to take the elevator." She walked in and stood next to her. "Before I move onto business conversation... How are you doing?" Her grin turned into a small smile.

Irina smiled and looked her over, "I'm fine, I just think Julian doesn't like me anymore...he didn't show up for a while...and..and..." She sobbed a little as she took the other girls arm, "I think he wants to pair up with someone else...it's probably because I'm too boring for him or something....he didn't go on any missions with me either...."

Dominic finally found an empty room and sent a message over stating, "Room 121 in the main building"

"Aw Irina don't think like that... Maybe he's just in a slump or something? And you're not boring! You're like the most interesting girl I know." Vanessa smiled a bit more, showing her that she meant every word and used her free hand to pat Irina's head. After a moment, she used her free hand to pull out her phone from her pocket and looked at the message. "Oh, and when you find Julian, both of you head over to Room 121 in the main building, Dominic is holding an important meeting there and everyone has to attend." She tilted her head to the side slightly, blinking. "Unless you want me to find him for you?"

"N-no, I have to find him alone, he's my partner after all...right?" She smiled up as they got to the part of the building where his quarters would be, "I'll go check on him..." She then rushed out and walked to a door, knocking on it. "Are you there...it's Irina..."

Rebecca was sitting on the top floor, waiting for Iris which was supposed to meet her here, she wanted to talk to her after the last mission, sighing as she seemed not to show up yet.

Dominic entered the room, it seemed empty for not, he hoped nobody had anything planned her anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.