The Cursed Children

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Dominic had predicted, the masked man had avoided the bolt from his weapon. Vanessa grinned widely and her eyes started to glow a bright green, she tossed the gun away and an assortment of blades appeared at her sides and she pointed them at the man, without warning she sent out two of the five blades towards his direction.

As soon as the blades were about to make contact with the man, they were slapped away by his hands as if they were flies buzzing about around him.

"What the hell..?" She sprung forward with the blades behind her and as soon as she was in close enough proximity, she sent the blades forward in a forward motion, a moment later the blades stopped in mid-air, the man watched cackling louder and the blades suddenly turned towards Vanessa.

He was surprised to see she didn't instantly take care of him and when he seemed to turn the sword to her he instantly reloaded his weapon to shoot one bolt at him and loaded another bolt to stop one of the blades with it just in case they would fly to her, he could surely catch two with his body if needed, he didn't care to get hurt and he might be able to get them to hit somewhere he wouldn't die from it.

"He has powers too. Care..we will have to be more careful if he is out of control." Dominic got in front of her and shot another one at him, reloading quickly as he gaver her a concerned look, "Maybe...catching him alive is just the perfect goal here..take him out." He told her as he looked forward again, hoping he would not have to catch the blades with his body.

The bolt he shot instantly bounced off from an unknown force. Vanessa frowned slightly at how she would have to resort to physical tactics and forced the blades to disappear before the masked man had a chance to use them and walked around Dominic, immediately shooting her body forward with her arm pulled back, putting her hand in a tight fist and went straight for the masked man's stomach. When she reached a few centimeters away from his stomach, a blue barrier appeared out of thin air, causing Vanessa to force to punch at it's surface although it didn't seem to be doing anything.

"My, I wonder how that got there?" The man laughed at her misfortune and twirled his finger around in the air. "I have a few tricks up my sleeve too. Do you wish to see them?" As soon as he said that, the blue barrier that was around the man broke and the pressure caused Vanessa to fly into a nearby wall.

"Vanessa!" He shouted as she got into the wall, he wasn't quite sure how this man was this strong, but the barrier seemed broken now and he took his chance to charge forward towards him. "Damn you." He cursed he his fist went for him, he just hoped he understood the barrier, in his other hand was his weapon, loaded with his last shot. He waited until the last second before his fist would reach the man he shor with the weapon from the side, his guess was that the barrier was either done from knocking her away or that it would only block one thing at a time, hopefully he'd finally get a hit on him..or a bolt.

Both the hit and the bolt had hit the man, the previous moment before the masked man was too occupied with Vanessa and in turn he brought down his guard. He stumbled away from Dominic as the bolt hit him in the side and the hit had got him on his chest. Suddenly, a phone tune rang through the air and the man reached down to his pocket to pick up the device. "Rose...? Is that so... I got it, then I'll go meet with you right now."

The door to the apartment building burst open as the officers came rushing through. "Look over here you monster! Vengeance for our comrades!!" The officer said as he prepared to shoot.

"No! Get outta here!" Vanessa screamed as she tried to stand up.

The man brought out a gun from his belt and shot the officer in the stomach quickly, effectively hitting him and shot the other officers that came in as well. Vanessa stood up quickly and went in for another attack, bringing her leg up into the air, hitting the man in the face with her foot swiftly.

Reactions: 2 people
Dominic was rather surprised by his sudden hit and just charged his next fist at him, hopefully knocking the phone away with it as he pushed the man against the wall violently, ready to take him in. "Vanessa get help for the officers." He ordered her as he attempted to put cuffs on the man they were fighting, maybe they were soon done with this rather tough task.

"We gotta get this guy back soon, I don't want him to cause any more trouble." He knocked the mans head into the wall, hopefully getting him unconscious as he looked to Vanessa, seemed like this job would be done, that was his guess at least.

"Alright.." Vanessa stood up shakily from being knocked into the wall and rubbed her shoulders for a bit before making her way outside of the room to get medical help.

The masked man laughed viciously as his head was banged against the wall, the pain was instead laughable to him then what it was meant to be. "Finally! Some competition! Even though I let my guard down I didn't think you'd actually land a hit. Though I really want to kill you both right now, I have some things I need to take care of." A low pitching sound rang throughout the room before it suddenly increased in pitch, breaking the cuffs from his hands and hurting the ears of anyone around them.

Dominic fell down and his eyes closed as a reaction to the pain in his ears as he looked after the man, trying to at least. "Damn it.." He thought as he tried his best to follow him, but he was unable to, he slowly got a bit more used to the sound and looked around to find Vanessa, rushing to her, well as fast as he could like this, embracing her to shut her ears more from the sound, he cared for her and he wouldn't risk to get her hurt more than she already was.

"Come on...turn that shit of already!" He cursed as he shut his own eyes and just hoped for it to end as soon as possible.

Vanessa's ears were a lot more sensitive than a regular human being's and the sound of the ringing almost felt like the inside of her ears were going to explode. She refrained herself from screaming, knowing that it would just make the situation worse and held her hands to her ears, until Dominic embraced her in an attempt to muffle the sounds, it seemed to work if only a little.

The masked man stood up and rubbed his temples slightly, blood slowly trickling down from them. "Let's meet again sometime. No, or should I say I will meet you?" He told them, but shrugged it off as he thought the two couldn't hear him anyway, and jumped off the window of the balcony.

He cursed after the man that fled, but it was pointless, they lost not just him, but also a few officers, this wasn't good at all. Dominic let go of her as the sound stopped and sighed, getting up and punching the wall as he took out his messager to get an ambulance here. "Damn it!" He cursed as he punched the wall once more.

"I went to easy on him..I should have just not even considered leaving him alive..I completely underestimated him. I'm sorry Vanessa..you got hurt because of me." He kept cursing himself as he walked through the room, looking for at least a few things that might help finding out who he was and how they could track him down.

Vanessa uncovered her ears and stood up, holding the wall for support and smiled slightly. "Don't worry about me I'm fine... I'll heal up quickly anyway." She looked around at the officers that littered the ground with their bodies and blood and frowned. "But it's my fault that more lives were put into the situation then it should have..." She sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "But our number one priority right now is to start searching for the source of the infection immediately before a pandemic breaks out..."

He nodded as he gave her another concerned look, she was a tough girl and it wasn't too big of a deal for her to be a little hurt, but he felt bat for it nonetheless. After all she was his partner and if she had trouble he would follow soon.

"I guess you are right, hopefully we aren't too late for any major damage, but I still wonder who that man was, he seemed much stronger than I expected him to be. Honestly I didn't expect anything out of the ordinary today, but I guess you always get a little surprise when you don't want it." Dominic sighed as he kept looking around, it seemed like the man didn't leave anything around that could be of any help.

"You're so silly, nothing is out of the ordinary when Gastrea is involved." Vanessa told him as the sounds of an ambulance were heard from outside the apartment building.

After a moment, the detective from earlier came bursting from the front doors and looked around frantically, ambulance people running in soon after him with medical supplies and gurneys. "What the hell happened in here!?" He shouted.

"Your friends decided to get mixed into the situation when we could of handled it ourselves.." She said to him, not a sign of remorse written on her expression and decided to go into another room for the investigation.

He walked up to the officer, ignoring Vanessas comment about ordinary happenings, of course they had to expect everything, but this was new no matter from where he looked at it. "Your friends wanted to play hero once more, you guys should probably realize as much as you might want to try, you lack not just the coordination, but also the ability to fight in this. Tell you men to stop being jealous of us, there is nothing to be jealous of when you see so many people die in front of your eyes."

With that he left the building, Dominic couldn't stand this, being blamed for others being reckless. He also thought about his own mistakes, he was too weak and it was just pointless, he might have landed a hit but it got simply ignored, more practice would probably not do this deal, but he had not much more to do. Dominic sat down on a bank at the street and just thought about the entire situation once more.

Vanessa remained inside of the building and the room she had entered in was very dark. She felt around the wall for a light switch and when she did she was met with the sight of a puddle of blood on the middle of the floor, and a trail of blood leading to a wide open window. She walked over to it and looked out of it, she frowned once she saw Dominic sitting on the bank of the street and turned to leave, stopping in front of the detective before she did so. "Would you mind to please give out the order to evacuate the nearby civilians and quarantine this area immediately? I'm sure that the source of the infection and also the infected person is wandering around somewhere.." Before the detective could ask why or how, she left out the room saying no further words.

Once she left out the building, Vanessa walked over to where Dominic was sitting at and sat down next to him.

When she joined him he sighed and looked to her, he hated when this happened, him losing any kind of motivation in front of the one he was supposed to take care of. "Sorry, I should have looked around, I just got mad at this...we could have gotten him, I'm sure." He bit his lip and looked up. "We should check around if anyone is infected..I would prefer not making this any worse. I will read up on who that man was, I want to figure out why he did this."

Dominic patted her head and got up, "You did good, sorry for disappointing you." He apologized once more and walked around with a small machine, he would take some blood of the people around to check if they got infected or not.

Vanessa stood up and jogged to keep up with him. "You didn't disappointment me at all, don't apologize for it." She smiled reassuringly at him and looked around. "I'm going to go around the other side of the neighborhood and see if I can find the original infected person from there, call me if you find them ok?"

"Will do" He smiled as he tested a few people, looking around for typical symptoms, quickly finding a person that was just in the corner, sitting there, he walked a little closer, but quickly it showed that this was surely not a healthy person. He picked out his messenger and called her, telling here that he found him. Dominic wouldn't be able to go much closer as he would get sick by it too, he needed her to take care of this.

"Alright... I'm on my way.." Vanessa told him as she hung up and started running toward where he was. She wasn't that far away but her speed would get her there in no time, on the way she quickly took out the bullets from her gun and replaced them with black bullets, varanium. She stood next to him and looked at the man that was just sitting in the corner, doing nothing. "You know... If they're on stage II then I'm gonna have to kill them right..? There's nothing I could do if they progress that far..."

Reactions: 2 people
"I know that, but I still would prefer keeping my distance from him, it seems to risky, we had too many accidents of people getting infected and I trust you can judge it much better how to react to him." He smiled at her and turned away, "Just finish this up..I'll go and check on any other person being infected." He then walked away, looking around, it seemed like that one was the only victim and it should make things a lot easier if there weren't anymore. His thoughts kept going to the man that they let escape earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.