The Cursed Children

Status
Not open for further replies.
Julian noticed the look Irina gave him and patted her head reassuringly. "But what information is he trying to gain by looking for a Gastrea? Is he going to try and apprehend it alive?"

"If he was looking for it... And isn't intending to save people... Then this entire situation will turn ugly very quickly if he's aiming to do just that... But certainly another Civil Security Company would have catch notice of the Gastrea and kill it off right...?" Vanessa pondered the thought and sighed. "Or maybe the thing is out of the city now and is just on its way back to its home passed the Monoliths..." She put her chin on the palm of her hand and mumbled. "How did it get passed those things anyway..."

"Well maybe now I want to have my serious face on..." Iris told him as she crossed her arms, listening to the problem at hand.

"The... The TV obviously isn't enough entertainment if I go off to your room, and that goes for everything else in my room too!" Arvel said as he was saddened by the fact he wouldn't be able to go into her room anymore. "So I have a legitimate reason to come to your room anyway."

"Oh sure... That'll be so fun~" Es started before she suddenly remembered the things she had to do. Earlier today, she caught sight of her and Joshua's CC ranking, Contractor and Client Ranking, from the International Client Supervising Organization, or ICSO for short. She had to say, it had her disappointed for the entire first half of the day, because the two were ranked near the bottom in the world. In the world, ranked out of 700,000 Contractor and Client's in the world. A frown made its way onto her features. "Ah... I'm so Rebecca~ Me and Joshua really need to start some training if we're going to be going up against Gastrea soon... I'm so saaadd..." Even if she didn't look like it, she really did seem to take her job very seriously, sometimes.

Irina just held onto Julian, not sure what to say, leaving it to him to talk for them and decide.

Dominic chuckled, "I guess you got a point. Either way everyone, be careful about what you do and stay ready for it. We don't know the exact plans of that guy after all nor if he is alone...I just wouldn't want any of us to be in trouble, even you guys...Angelica, Arvel, I know you two are one of the strongest couples there are in the entire world, still this isn't ordinary."

Angelica looked at him surprised and chuckled, "Don't worry about us, I heard what you said, I just wouldn't know what to reply, besides, we'll have to encounter them again anyways before we can say more..and Arvel and I are prepared for most of the situations...so don't worry, I do listen...I just have nothing to add..." With that she instantly put her attention back on the boy. "My room is no different than yours....okay? The only thing different is that I'm there."

Josh sighed, he looked over to Es, knowing how badly they were prepared for anything to happen, he wanted to practice, hopefully she would realize that soon.

Rebecca smirked, "Okay..." She handed her the key to her room. "When you are done...come to my room and then sleep there...next to me...okay?" She kissed the other girls cheek gently before getting up, "Iris...let's go practice...I don't want to be left out if anything happens...okay?"

"Sounds like we've got a lot of work on our hands huh?" Julian said to Irina as he looked down at her. "Would it make you feel better if we go train for a little bit?"

"Even if we do encounter that man one way or another, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to take him, regardless if he has any help or not." Arvel informed him, talking a bit high of himself.

"Oh nooo, he's gonna die at this rate if he keeps bragging like that...I wouldn't do that if I were yooouuu..." Vanessa mumbled rather loudly so everyone around the table could hear her, especially Arvel.

Arvel shot a glare in her direction before turning his attention back at Angelica. "Maybe that's why I always want to go into your room..." He whispered quietly, hoping she didn't hear what he had said.

Es looked down at the key that Rebecca had gave her to her room and nodded a little. "Alright... I'll meet you there~" She said happily before she caught Joshua looking at her, turning her head to look back at him and offering a reassuring smile.

Iris looked up at Rebecca surprised as she stood up. "Wha? Already? Well I guess we really do need to practice anyway..." She said to her, sounding a bit disappointed but didn't let it show on her expression.

Irina nodded and took his arm, "Let's practice...so that we can beat everyone!" She then forced him to leave, waving to everyone, "I hope we all make it through this~"

Dominic sighed and looked at Vanessa worried, and got up giving Iris a last smile. "Vanessa...we should rest and continue our training tomorrow, besides we still have to go for the checkup after our mission now...so let's get that covered."

Angelica sighed and gave Dominic a glare, "Okay, I get it, we'll be prepared...just...don't order me around when you are the weaker one of us, if anyone has something to say, it is me and Arvel, we have much more practice than any of you guys. It's not our bad you feel uncertain about yourself or your partner." She then looked over at Arvel. "You'll have to repeat that once we get to my room..." Angelica then dragged him out.

Joshua smiled softly at the smile he got back, it made him feel somewhat better about it and he nodded to her before leaving for the training grounds.

Rebecca nodded, "Well...what would you prefer over practicing? We will be better of if we give it more time rather than sitting around arguing with the others..."

Es stood up from her seat and smiled at everyone, bidding them goodbye and walked out of the room. She could practically feel the hard emotions in the air and sighed. It was probably a competition thing, considering everyone's IP Rank. She lightly slapped her cheeks as she arrived at her room and opened the door. "Alright...now..." She walked over to her bed and got on all fours, bending down to reach under the bed and pulled out a suitcase in which her weapon was concealed inside of, she picked up the case and walked out her room, closing the door behind her softly and made her way to the training grounds.

Iris shook her head at the idea and walked out the meeting room with Rebecca. "It's ok if you wanna practice now, I'm completely ok with it! I guess I was getting caught up in the moment..." She mumbled the last part to herself before she turned to look at Rebecca. "Anyway, did you want to practice a certain strategy or should we just continue doing basic things such as targeting and dodging?"

Joshua was already waiting for Es, mainly because his powers weren't quite bound to a weapon but more to his body as he would only create some sort of shell that changed the capabilities of his body heavily. He already started creating some of it on his skin as he waited for his partner to arrive, he always felt as if his power was worthless compared to most of the others, but then again, it was simply his own power and not their, nobody else was capable of just this exact power. Upon seeing Es he walked up to her, having the blue substance over some parts of his skin, specifically his muscles. "Okay...let's practice then?"

Rebecca looked at her as she fell into thoughts herself, "Well..we could focus on basics first and see how we do for now...we aren't bad...so I don't think it will be that hard, but we should probably just try and work better together, right? It was our main problem thus far, we made decisions the other one didn't make and therefore messed up at some part."

Es nodded enthusiastically and set her case down on the floor and opened it, revealing parts of a rifle she had to assemble and a medium sized scope. "Mhm... As ready as I'll ever be!" She quickly assembled the rifle effortlessly and attached the scope near the top of it, loading rubber bullets into in instead of the bullets made out of the varanium. Even if all Cursed Children were blessed with the ability to regenerate their wounds quickly as the Gastrea, the same principles would also be a curse as Gastrea wouldn't be able to recover from varanium caused wounds, as with the Cursed Children. She walked a fair distance away from him before turning around to face him. "We'll start with something basic and simple like...dodging! Now, just because I have rubber bullets doesn't mean that they won't hurt~"

"Hey! At least the job still got done right?" Iris grinned sheepishly as she looked up at the ceiling. "It's good that we're communicating like this, so that the next mission isn't much of a disaster, alright... Strategies for teamwork... I guess we both need to work on our coordination for that to work..." She rested her hand on her cheek as she thought about all the combat strategies they could do.

He nodded, he knew that if she would have used the varanium bullets he wouldn't be able to block them even with that kind of skin so he'd have to actively dodge. He then got ready, "On your go I'll try to get to you without being hit!" Josh smirked as he was ready to charge, it was always tough to dodge bullets, he was small and unless it was that specific kind of ammo he could just block it, he hated knowing he'd have to learn how to dodge normally.

Rebecca chuckled, "Alright, how about we put some moving targets out...we both attack them, first me, then you and the other watches to see which targets the other sees as more important...I heard it helps to see the other persons decision making during a fight, so maybe if we do that, it can help us too!"

Status
Not open for further replies.