The Cursed Children

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Come in..." A man's voice said tiredly from behind the door after a moment. Julian opened his eyes as he was sprawled out on his couch, papers on the floor around him as he stared at them for awhile. "Ah damn did I fall asleep while reading those again..." He ran a hand through his hair before changing his position to a sitting one.

"Good luck...!" Vanessa shouted out to her before she pressed the number to the top floor, leaning against the back wall and watching the numbers fly by as the more higher up the building she got. She was surprised there was barely any traffic... It was usually busy around this time of day... She shrugged before the doors opened and walked out of them.

She hesitantly entered the room and closed the door behind her as she looked him over and sat down next to him, looking him over with a worried expression. "Are you okay?" She sighed, not sure why he was living in this mess. "Should I clean up for you Julian?"

"Oh would you do that for me? Since you offered and all I can't possibly say no hm...?" Julian said as he looked over at her, the bags under his eyes visible from lack of sleep. "I'm still tired though so...Do whatever..." He yawned before his head fell over onto her lap. "This... This isn't the couch..." He made no effort to correct his mistake whatsoever though.

Irina squealed when she felt his head on her lap, not disliking it, but it also left her unable to stand up an clean his room for him, or even attend the meeting. She moved her hand to his head and caressed him gently, blushing brightly at the sensation, which she enjoyed a lot. "Julian...why don' you come out anymore?" She whispered as she gently moved her fingers through his hair.

Julian closed his eyes as he enjoyed the feeling of her fingers in his hair. "Well... I was reading all these reports..." He reached down to pick up one of the many papers and showed her the contents of it. "The number of Gastrea has increased by about 14% and it seems like the Monoliths in the city aren't particularly doing their job to keep certain ones out... so I was doing research you see... And I guess I've been here for awhile... How long has it been exactly..?"

She lowered her head to hold it against his, giving a sigh, "Too long Julian...too long.." She always had a weak spot for him, even as a client it was hard for her to contain he interest for him, she enjoyed every moment with him and she confessed to him before, telling him she would do everything for him, she couldn't be mad at him, even if she had a good reason. Irina hovered her own lips over his but pulled away, "Just stop it...go with me again, let's make that number go down again.."

Julian reached up to touch her cheek lightly and nodded his head. "Alright... We'll start once we get our next assignment ok?" He smiled up at her before sitting up, keeping his hand on her cheek and laid his forehead against hers. He refused to develop any type of further romantic feelings toward her for certain reasons but couldn't help but to do these kinds of things. "Anyway, is that all you came in here for...?"

Last edited by a moderator:
She wanted to say to be with him, but she couldn't lie, she felt like he cared for her again, but again he kept a distance, never quite giving her the love she wished for. "Dom is holding a meeting...they want everyone to come there and I thought I'd get you.." Irina felt somewhat bold and pushed forward a little, showing him that she would want to kiss him, not quite making the move, feeling that he might not want it, she knew he didn't feel for her that way, but she couldn't keep her hoped down, not in a moment like this.

"Oh ok... Better get going then..." Julian stared at her for a moment before leaning forward a bit, deciding to kiss her lightly on the corner of her mouth, leaving his lips there for about twenty seconds before pulling away, he couldn't contain himself much after she did something completely unexpected to him, although it was really courageous on her part. He smirked slightly and caressed her bottom lip gently. "Now look at what you made me do... I hope you know that's all you'll be getting from me though..."

Irina blushed brightly, closing her eyes as she fell for the joy of the moment, when he spoke up she nodded, of course she wouldn't get more, but this got her hopes up all the more. "For now..." she giggled as she got up and helped him to get up too. "Let's pick up Rebecca and Iris, okay? Reb told me they'd meet on the roof later so we should go check for them there...you know..." She smiled shyly as she turned to him with a bright smile, "You can always do that again.."

Julian walked up to her and took her hand in his before winking. "I'll probably take you up on your offer... Now lets go pick up Rebecca and Iris before we're late." He said as he walked her out of his room and closed the door behind them.

"I'm here! Sorry I'm late Rebecca!" Iris shouted as she met up with Rebecca on the roof. "I'm sorry... I got...distracted...with... With food actually... And then while I was eating, I lost track of the time and... I'm truly sorry!" She apologized again, out of breath as she tried to give Rebecca an apology hug.

Rebecca looked at her somewhat disappointed, "You know, I get that you didn't meant to come here too late, but I could have totally tried to get closer to Es...you know I somewhat love that girl and you just made me waste almost 10 minutes waiting rather than stalking her..." She smiled and hugged Iris, "So was the food at least like...really really good?"

Iris smiled at her and nodded enthusiastically. "Yeah! The food was awesome, especially the desserts... I ate this cupcake that was really good!" Despite being a year older than Rebecca, Iris always acted like a child. "And I'm really sorry that I interrupted your Es stalking time, it won't happen again, I promise!" She gave her a silly grin.

"Well, you better make her go on a date with me for that because I would surely have asked her out this time..." She smiled and looked Iris over, "So..besides eating, what's up? Everyone seems to come back now and I feel like we get close to nothing to do at the moment even though there is supposed to be more trouble..."

Iris pursed her lips at the thought of having to ask Es out on a date for Rebecca before shaking her head. "Na-uh! You have to ask her yourself or else she'll probably get scared away if I do it for you! All you gotta do is walk up to her and ask her! See? Not that hard right?" She walked over near the edge of the roof and looked out at the scenery of the city. "Well... I guess I'm doing ok... But I don't know about the cursed children in the Outer Area..." She turned back to look at Rebecca. "I mean... We went over there a few weeks ago for our mission and I can't get them out of my head... Things are looking horrible over there for them and I wish there was something I could do to help..." All Cursed children tended to share a special bond with each other for unknown reasons. "But there's nothing we really can do so..." Iris whispered as she looked down at the ground.

Rebecca sighed as she listened to her, "She'd never go out with me...I think she's not into me, or girls overall..." She followed her partner to the edge and looked at her surprised, nodding her head in approval, "I worry about them too, I keep thinking they should all get a place like I did, having someone to take care of them and treat them properly, they should all get their personal Iris..." She smiled and bumped the other girl a little as she looked at the scenery, "But I guess just some of us were allowed to leave, I mean, it's not as easy to keep all of them healthy and purpose, though I keep feeling their pain too, I mean...it wasn't all that long ago for some of us to be taken out of there and yet it seems like it was so long ago, like it was nothing special at all to be there, even though it was the toughest place to ever be."

"And to make matters worse... The people keep looking down on you guys thinking that just because you have the Gastrea virus, you're out to kill us, when in reality, you're actually helping us get rid of the Gastrea! It's not fair!" Iris stomped her foot, just like a child would when they couldn't get what they want. "I wish people would just listen to what we're saying and stop being so afraid, society will be a much, much better place." Iris tapped her cheek for a moment before looking at Rebecca. "Well, the least I can do is butter up Es a bit and see what gender she's in to for ya."

She sighed, "Well...people will eventually get used to us being part of the society and let us be actual people, we don't harm anyone...some of us can't stop it, but we generally don't go out in an attempt to hurt anyone." Rebecca sighed and looked at her with a bright blush, "Don't do that! All I want is to make Es realize I want to be with her...alone...in my room..." She mumbled the very last part and smiled awkwardly, "b-but really, don't worry, I'm sure I'll get my chance, I mean, she'll surely just show up at some point and then I can go to her..and ask her out... for a date or something.."

Iris frowned slightly at what she said and shook her head to rid of the bad thoughts in her mind. "I hope your right about that Rebecca..." She rose an eyebrow at what she had said and tilted her head. "A date or something? Hm.. With what you said, I think you meant more of or something then 'a date', Oh you naughty girl! I did not expect this!" She cried out dramatically as she placed a hand on her chest.

"Expect what?" Julian said as he stepped out the elevator with Irina.

"This beautiful city! Oh my goodness look at those buildings!" Iris thought up quickly as she pointed to the glass buildings in the distance. "They're beautiful..." She whispered, but loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Um... Alright then..." Julian said confused as he looked over at Irina, signaling to her that he personally thought Iris was crazy.

Irina giggled as she looked up at Julian, enjoying the breeze up on the building.

"G-guys, we are supposed to meet up with everyone, I thought I'd tell you...er...Maybe you could to pick up Es and we go find Joshua, I'm sure he is in his room..."

Rebecca nodded and smirked, "I'll go get Es! Er...see you guys at the meeting!" She then hurried, almost running to Es`s room, this was her chance, to be alone with her.
She knocked the door gently as she reached it, "Es...it's Rebecca...could I come in?"

Status
Not open for further replies.