The Curse of Ellismire IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Varen was lost in thought after what he had heard about Demiel, it did feel like a trap and he surely agreed with that part, but on the other hand there wouldn't be a better way to get his hands on more information about their situation, it was a tough decision on him. As Max now asked him he felt himself at the point where he had to decided whether or not he would join them or not.
"I think I don't have many other choices, so I guess I will join. I will not risk my life for you though, if you happen to be caught and I don't see a proper way to save you. I am grateful for you saving me, but the situation was different, I help you as long as I see it as the best way." It honestly bugged him that he would probably have to save them no matter what, he was in need to help in this world, just the fact one of these humans was able to knock him out with just some sort of poison was on his mind and he probably wouldn't be able to survive alone against something that far above his technology. "What is the plan though? Will we really just...show up?"

Max
Max nodded. She didn't expect him to save them if they got in trouble. She didn't know what to expect. As to a plan, they had to work together on that. "Right now, we're going to get some rest. In the morning, I will transport us to the general area, and we shall work from there." she said with a shrug, her best plans came to her as things happened. "I'll take first watch. You guys get some sleep." she added. With that, Max sat down on a tree stump right outside the shelter, and started thinking about Malik, and what they would do once this thing with Zelena was resolved.

Azmere

Azmere slung the rifle over his shoulder and took a step back giving Darvian enough space to exit the van. Darvian, in his typical slow-witted nature, asked Azmere what was going on. The elf rolled his eyes behind the mask. What's going on is you messed up and I'm here to fix it, thought Azmere. Of course, appearances can be deceiving. The scout made a quick note of the hardware his reptilian counterpart carried. He grinned behind the mask. This world offered so many fascinating weapons! Azmere focused on Darvian and after a moment's study, he answered the Draconian's question. "Before I answer that, did you know they make incendiary rounds for your weapon?" Incendiary as in they explode on contact!!! "I am not sure what is going on here because I just arrived. I assume," Azmere produced the feather he found in the woods, "that this means you have captured the bird kid who outwitted you?" Azmere dropped the feather to the ground.

He was about to continue when he was interrupted by an image of Zelena. Normally, a person's face appearing out of thin air would startle someone. However, Zelena used this means of communication often. It allowed her to speak with whomever she chose and suspended time for the chosen individual so those in his or her company would be none the wiser. Azmere bowed his head for a second in acknowledgement and then met Zelena's gaze. "It is good to see you, my Queen." His voice had an uncharacteristic resonance; something he has developed on this mission that manifests his newfound self-worth. "Darvian is fine, albeit no less revolting since the last time I saw him. I was just about to attain the details of Dylan. I also have a helicopter on standby. He can have us all at your location within a matter of hours." Azmere studied the projected face of Zelena. Something had left a burden in her eyes. Azmere was never a confident elf nor one to question but he was observant by nature. He knew that something or someone was creating a stir inside the beautiful mind of his matron. "I have also heard a rumor that four residents of Ellismire; two birdkin and two elves, are not far from my present location." Azmere smiled behind the mask. He had a multitude of chips falling his way. Zelena was all but certain to need something that he could provide. "What is your will, my Queen?"

Demiel said nothing and sat down, her eyes focusing on nothign yet everything. In her mind, her memories were flashign back. Holding Zelena's ((it was a joke that she always used the elven pronunciation and called her Zelene. She never changed it and it stuck.)) hand as they skipped in the river, telling her about the life in water, her learning how to braid hair. It was all just so clowe, so loving between them it hurt to see that her friend was now this monster. Yet she knew one thing: if she was offered a place at her side, she'd go with Zelene. She didn't care about htis murder, she trusted that woman more than anything on this world, or the other. She didn't even say another word as she laid down, eyes closing as they made camp and drifing into another dream of memories.

Zelena
Zelena frowned slightly. "Rough Darvian up a bit, don't kill him, but bring him darn close to death. And make it so he can't heal quickly too. I want him to hurt for his failure. They can't hear us, so he won't expect it. Take advantage of it. Good work, Az. Bring them both to me, keep Dylan in good shape. Be warned, he is known to fake that he is asleep. As for the others, I have a hunch as to who. You saw my message to Demiel, I presume? I have a hunch she is with them. Leave them be for now. If they become troublesome, I'll give you orders. I look forward to your return." she said. She ended the spell shortly afterward. Now she waited.

~Clinic~
-Parking Lot-
:Darvian Tavish:

Azmere focused on Darvian and after a moment's study, he answered the Draconian's question. "Before I answer that, did you know they make incendiary rounds for your weapon? Incendiary as in they explode on contact!!!" Darvian took a look at his gun "Hmm...I did not know this." Azmere changed the subject. "I am not sure what is going on here because I just arrived. I assume," Azmere produced the feather he found in the woods, "That this means you have captured the bird kid who outwitted you?" Azmere dropped the feather to the ground, Darvian watched the feather as it fluttered too its side and swayed to the hard pavement. He looked back at Azmere, pointed to the wrapped up birdkin, and replied "Yes master Azmere, he is over here, nearly helpless." Azmere stopped the conversation as he turned and walked to listen to something else stating that it was 'for private matters' which meant in other words: 'I am going to talk to Zelena and you're not invited.'
It was always like this, Darvian was nothing more than a pet to her, a mere dog who stays loyal to her no matter the cost.
Azmere, on the other hand, she absolutely adored.. but he always wondered how.
He grew up with her since she found him, dying on some forest trail, for some odd reason, she picked him up, and cared for him, sure it required lots of meat, but... meh, she loved him nevertheless. However for some odd reason, this happened recently after some tragic event in her life, which he later finds out to be this Demiel girl...sister...friend and this boy, this other man, her lover. His name was Daniel? Dan? Dabbydooduck? It didn't matter then but for the fact that she was quite angry at the matter, he looked pretty cute then (Heck, he's still cute now!). And Zelena would give a good pat on the head for good deeds done, And he gets beat by a stick or her guards would gang up and beat him. but the worst part was when that issue about her forbidden love with Daniel, whenever the issue seemed to pop up then, she would take it out on Darvian, beat him up and sometimes use magic to get her anger out, then she would apologize to him, pat him, and continue the cycle. Dar was the nickname she gave him, mainly because she thought he was a little dummy. Even as he grew up she would still beat him senseless despite the reason given, even though it happened less, but he did not care, he is beaten up because he is merely being scolded.
Darvian stared at the wrapped up Dylan and thought to himself
I wonder what you are thinking right now... probably a way to get out of there. He signaled Drake and Kyle away, the smiled, and went back into the van and moved closer toward Dylan, with each step he got more and more furious Why am I questioning my role? I am what I am, and I should be proud of that...why am I even thinking about this? Stop it...STOP IT!!! he thought as he moved in toward Dylan, when he went up to Dylan, he pulled out his gun, loaded it, and pointed it at his head, nothing but complete anger was inside him, he growled with excitement, the way he was when he killed people, because killing people was fun, and he hasn't killed in WEEKS, he kept all intentions toward him to break at even the slightest wag of a finger. He spoke in that of a speaking of a lunatic. "Hello birdie! I haven't been happy lately, too much sleep. Not enough killing, I NEED A KILL!!! So don't move, or I kill you, we have a deal?"
He stared intently to see if Dylan would make a move, all the thoughts of how much of a pet he was to Zelena dissipated, he was thinking to much, thinking is bad for Darvian. He loves Zelena undyingly, plus, he not only has Dylan, but he also has the information he needed, mission accomplished.
what more could Zelena need?

Reactions: Bitterblue
Azmere

The entire world will never see the sick grin that crossed the elf's face after Zelena had completed her message. Finally! Azmere is going to get his chance to take down Darvian. In truth, the lizard had never done anything to Azmere. However, Darvian had always been first choice for leadership roles in Zelena's battles. The elf had always felt slighted when he would be sent on scouting missions and Darvian was sent to the front lines to rain down terror in the queen's name.

Payback's a bitch, he thought. He stared at Darvian then slipped out of sight behind the van. The draconian was holding his automatic shotgun to Dylan's head but Azmere trusted he wasn't stupid enough to shoot. Once out of Darvin's view, he gripped his rifle and removed the clip. Azmere reached into the right knee pocket of his pants and withdrew a thirty round clip containing rock salt rounds. The mercenaries who brought him via helicopter explained they would strike with the same velocity as a normal APC round but the bullets disintegrate into the skin after about three inches [full penetration could be four or five inches]. This would do plenty of damage to Darvian without forcing Azmere to consciously avoid aiming at normally lethal points; primarily the head, neck and chest. He then screwed on a silencer and set the selector switch to full auto.

"I NEED A KILL!!! So don't move, or I kill you, we have a deal?"

Azmere slid to the edge of the van and sighted Darvian's hand holding the stock of the AA12. The first round is crucial. It will knock the barrel of the gun away from Dylan's head. The green dot of the scope [invisible to the target] rested calmly on the reptilian hand. Azmere rested his finger on the trigger and exhaled. He squeezed the trigger releasing the ammunition. Once the initial recoil hit Azmere's shoulder, he kept his eye down the scope and moved the green dot up Darvian's arm towards his chest. Now that he was lined up with the truck of the draconian, Azmere made small angular movements like he was directing an orchestra. This would spray the rounds in a pattern of concentrated fire that would include Darvian's torso, arms, neck and back. Azmere was careful to allow for misses so after about twenty rounds [23 in actuality] were spent, he released the trigger. He immediately flipped the selector switch to semi-auto with his thumb and thus never had to drop his sight. Once that was accomplished he would pepper Darvian if he hadn't gone down by this point by focusing on the legs and tail.

Max
A few minutes into her watch, Max tapped Malik on the back of the hand twice. Her signal to wake up quietly. They hadn't had a real chance to talk. She wanted to know what he had been up to. She saw Malik's eyes open and look at her inquisitively. She beckoned for him to follow, and walked out side. When they were alone, she embraced him. "I've missed you. We haven't had a real chance to talk lately. Are you okay?" she whispered softly.

~Clinic~
-Parking Lot-
:Darvian Tavish:

Apparently, she still wanted him scolded.
after about a few minutes of waiting for Dylan to move with his blood-lusted eyes, his gun was ripped out of his hand in an instant, and blood spurred out at the sight, the pain was caused by one of those guns, and it continued straight across his right arm, to his right shoulder, and across his back and through his wings. He twisted forward to see who it was only to get shot some more in the chest and even in the neck until he could bear no more. He grunted in pain as he then tumbled backward and fell onto the pavement. He scrambled to his knees to possibly see who it was, but it was an easy guess as to who it could possibly be:
Kyle!
No! Not Kyle!... It's Azmere!
Darvian's right arm started to numb, and blood was virtually covering it, in fact, his entire right side was covered in blood. He managed to get to one knee and use his right arm to cover his neck wound before speaking to him, Azmere kept his gun trained at him as he stood up, bleeding and grunting in pain.
Darvian breathed heavily before speaking "Grr...Why...are...you...you...beating me?...Is it...Zelena?" he paused and looked up at his elven master. Azmere stood aiming the gun at him for what seemed like a while.

Demiel was determined to get to Zelene. She couldn't let her slip by, not now, not ever. She knew what the others would do when they got there. They would kill her or wound her. They'd hurt her without thinking and she'd be dead. Whether she deserved it or not, she couldn't let this happen. Max was busy and the guard they had set was also occupied. They wouldn't think to turn and look for her. They would be so focused on watching their own camp they'd never think to look inside it until she was gone.

And elf that wished to be quiet was no longer an elf; she became an assassin. She drew her twin sticks, which she'd whittled on a rock into tiny points, in case anyone tried to stop her. She moved quietly, so quietly only someone who knew where to look for her would have a slight chance of hearing her. She first went up and sped along the outskirt of the treeline, making it seem that, if she was spotted, she was going to relieve herself. Seeing as no one saw her, she found herself soon pushing her way gradually south, planning to also take a precaution to fool anyone who tried to stop her. If they followed her trail, she was going to cut it off way outside of the city. She was used to stalking prey; years of trying to follow the tracks equipped her to now make them herself. It was a gambit that she'd do well.

Gradually, the elf made her way off into the more eastern side of the town. Using the tracking spell, she managed to locate where she needed to go. She hadn't told the others, so she was in the clear. Still, she was hungry, tired, and, on top of all of this, an elf. She was weary and not looking like a normal person of this society. She was still in her ceremony robes, yet had her elven armor on under that. She looked like a warrior that was gearing up to fight.

Slowly, painfully painstakingly and without fail, she snuck towards the large building. She was careful not to alert anyone to her presence, for she was not willing to undergo getting stabbed again. She was still feeling slightly guilty about leaving behind the person who'd saved her life, yet it was a necessary sacrifice. She was more than willing to trade all the armies in the world for that one woman. Evil, yes. Possibly insane, maybe. Yet Zelene was almost a sister to her and she needed to have that compaionship back.

IT was three hours later when a tired, stumbling and weary elf came to the door and banged, "Zel...Zel...please...open...up..." Then she slid down on the door, blood loss from earlier getting to her.

Two guards answered the door to an elf sitting on the ground. They grabbed her by the arms and dragged her in. They threw her in a cell, one turned to leave and locked the door, and left. The other stayed and tied her to a chair in the center. His brow was creased, like he was thinking. He laid out certain tools of torture out in front of her and gave her a sick grin. He hadn't legitimately tortured someone in a long time. He had missed it. "Now. We're going to have a conversation. You're going to answer my questions, if I don't like the answer, then you're going to experience a whole new level of pain you didn't even know existed. Understand?" He awaited her answer. He really hoped she didn't answer, he really wanted to torture someone.

@wildpelt

Last edited by a moderator:
Demiel nodded and was led inside, not nervous yet, thinking Zelene would be to talk to her soon. She sat down where directed and leaned heavily in the chair, pale from losing blood over the past few days. Still, she held herself up and tried not to concentrate on it.

Angellus sighed. She would coope
rate...man he needed to hurt someone. It was in his blood to hurt people. His blood sang when he was drawing blood from another sentient being. "How do you know her Majesty?" he had known Zelena well enough to know she didn't have any 'real' friends growing up. Trick question, he knew, but he wanted badly to do at least something to make her squirm. Some people called him a monster, but he loved his job. He could smell her blood, and it was making him hungry. Being a creature of the night, he needed blood to survive. To bad he wasn't allowed to drink this one. That didn't mean he couldn't scare her though. He changed his face to his normal one.
images

Angellus didn't have his soul. He was a demon, a pure demon. His pleasure was others pain. He enjoyed it the most when he made the person crazy first, killing off all their loved ones, and then turning them into a vampire.
Back to the interrogation. He smiled at the girl, his pointed teeth making it more creepy than ever. "Now, I believe you were going to tell me how you know Zelena." he said with an animal like growl

Demiel was still weak and was trying to stay awake, "We were childhood friends. Whee is she? She told me...she'd be here...

Angellus smiled. The girl was falling asleep. That was excuse enough. He got up, and slapped her hard across the face. Blood began to drip from the elf's nose. He could bite her, but not take her blood. Make her scared she would turn into a vampyr, but that required him to suck her almost dry, and she would have to drink his blood. Long complicated process. He got out one of his knives, and looked at her. "We can't have you falling asleep on us now, can we hon? That would take all the fun out of it. Stay awake, or your fingers will no longer be attached to your hand." he threatened. "My queen didn't have any 'real' friends in her childhood. She supposedly had a person she called a friend who betrayed her, and stabbed her in the back. Now that's not what I would call a friend would you? I'll ask again. How do you know my queen? And how did you know where to find us?" he snarled. He wanted so badly to do some serious harm to this one. He walked around the table and knelt in front of her. He caressed her face in his hand and gently ran the flat of his knife across the other side, like he was shaving some unseen hair from her cheek. He felt her tense. He suddenly kissed her hard on the lips, tasting her, but not killing her. God, she tasted good. He growled his animal like growl, and pushed her chair over. "Answer me!" he roared.

Zelena
Zelena was still resting in her chambers when there was a loud knocking on her doors. She frowned and sat up. "Enter!" she called to the intruder. Spike, one of the vampyr's in her employ entered. "Ah, Spike. You better have good news to interrupt at such an hour." she said, nonchalantly. The vampyr grinned and bowed at the waist. "There was a young elf pounding on our door this evening. She was demanding to see you, Angellus is questioning her now, my queen." he said, straight to the point. Zelena's eyes lit up. It could only be Demiel. How did she get here so fast? "Thank you, Spike. You may go, go get something to eat." she said, giving him permission to go hunting. She quickly dressed and headed for the interrogation room. If Angellus was questioning her....she quickened her step. She opened the door softly, so as not to alert either the elf, nor the vampyr of her presence, and watched. Seeing the elf confirmed her suspicion that it was indeed her childhood friend. She watched as he kissed her, and she flinched. She knew Demiel's aversion to vampyrs. But she needed to see how she would cope under pressure.

"My name is Demeil! I was her sister! We were friends! I taught her some magic! Please just let me see her!" She whimpered, "please..."

Zelena watched as Angellus smiled. She had to stop this before he went to far, but she let him go a bit farther. She observed some more. She was almost broken. He yanked her chair up, and punched her again. "So you are the witch who hurt her so badly, eh? Why should I let you see my queen? You'll probably hurt her again. It's my job to protect her, ya know." he traced her face with the tip of his knife, pressing a bit harder than he meant to. Blood started dripping from where he had punctured her skin. He growled, and licked her cheek, cleaning the blood from her cheek. He smiled, her blood was sweet. He set the knife down, and picked up a weird sort of device. This was one of his favorites. "I ought to hurt you for what you did. You see this?" he held up the device in front of her. "This will rip your fingernails from your fingers, slowly. It's really fun, you know. Blood goes everywhere, and then I get to drink you dry. Sound like fun? Good. Lets get started." He inserted the device between her nails, and it extended slowly, causing Demiel to scream, and blood to squirt out. Zelena couldn't take it anymore. She used her magic to throw him against the back of the cage. "Enough." she hissed. That one word was filled with fury at his torturing her friend. "I said question her, not interrogate her, you moron. I should have guessed you would have thought torture was in the question. It's only in your nature." she said, her voice low. She cut off his air supply, causing him to choke. She knew it wouldn't kill him, but she wanted him to suffer. She slowly exited the shadows and walked over to the cage, her heels causing a loud click click click noise in the sudden silence. "Hello, Demiel. Long time no see." she said, as she turned over the wooden table, and snapped one of the legs. She walked over to Angellus, who was still suspended against the wall. She pressed the splintered tip against his chest. "Disobey my orders again, and this goes through your heart." she hissed. "Get out of here." she ordered. His throat opened again, and he gasped for air. He ran out the door.

She turned to Demiel, who was very pale. She quickly ran to her and untied the ropes that were restraining her. "Demiel." That one word conveyed her emotion at seeing her childhood friend again. She let Demiel see in her eyes the joy at seeing her, and the worry for her. She caressed her face in her hands and pulled her into a fierce embrace. Feeling the elf's weakness, Zelena stood up, and put her arm around her friend. She half supported, half carried her sister out of the room, heading to her chambers, where Zelena could nurse her friend back to health.

Demiel hugged her back tightly, tears coming to her eyes, "Zelene, attra ono trethrsta alluneo!" In elven, she meant 'my love has been refound.' She was more than relieved; this was bliss.

"I've missed you so much! I'm sorry, for everything! For that night, for my words, my everything! Forgive me...please...please..." She s was begging now, her body pathetically sobbing by this ppoint

Azmere

Azmere smirked behind his mask. Darvian was shredding behind the onslaught but thanks to the technology of this world, he would not die from his wounds. Once the draconian stabilized himself on one knee and an arm. Azmere came from behind the van, his gun still trained on Darvian. Such a resilient specimen, this lizard; and to think that Azmere was actually jealous of him. Azmere cocked his head to the side to study the flow of blood coming from his victim.

"Grr...Why...are...you...you...beating me?...Is it...Zelena?"

The elf let out a mocking laugh. "Ten points!" He called out sarcastically. He fired a round at the knee Darvian was bracing himself upon and continued to walk forward slowly. "The only reason you're not dead is because you managed to recover Dylan before I arrived." Azmere paused his stride to fire two rounds at Darvian's clawed feet. He walked within a few feet of Darvian. Blood pooled around his boots. He pointed the barrel at the lizard's left shoulder and released two more rounds. He slung the gun up behind his shoulder and kicked his right steel toe straight for Darvian's jaw. "Queen Zelena, in her perfect grace sees potential in you." Azmere nearly spit the words out. "Consider yourself fortunate and blessed to be in her service." Azmere turned away and then turned back. He dropped the gun back into his hands and placed the smoking hot barrel against Darvian's chest and leaned his face down close to his rival. "Fail my queen again…" He fired the last three rounds without allowing the barrel to move. "And I'll use real bullets next time." He shoved himself away and Darvian back in the same motion. Then the elf turned and walked to the stretcher Dylan was on. The scout slung his gun back and drew his sword. He twirled it over his hand and caught the hilt deftly. He laid the edge against the bird kid's neck remembering what Zelena had told him about the ruse of sleeping. He then used his free hand to hit the button on the GPS locator given to him the helicopter pilot. He would soon be back with Zelena and now he would bring her a gift worthy of her excellence; Dylan.

Malik

Malik had been distracted ever since they landed with the elves. Being back inside a sterile laboratory truly rattled his nerve. He closed himself down to just about everything; everything except Max. He watched her with unbroken attention as she tended to Demiel, answered Varen's every question and even as they built the shelter. He suspected that Max was troubled and exhausted just as the rest of them were but she did such a fantastic job of hiding it that should one not know Max; he would think her to be akin to wonder woman.

Malik was lost in thoughts of a depressing nature when Max elected to take first watch. He would have done so but it seemed that his mouth was unable to relay the messages his brain was attempting to send. So he slept…or pretended to, at least. He lay perfectly still and straight trying to allow his body as much relaxation as he could afford without drifting off. When Max tapped his hand, his eyes bolted open to stare straight at her. Her beauty always made his breath catch in his throat. He came to sit beside her and enveloped her in his long arms; welcoming the embrace she offered. He felt his cares begin to melt away as her warmth covered him.

"I've missed you. We haven't had a real chance to talk lately. Are you okay?"

He kissed the top of Max's head and turned his head towards her. He spoke but it was in a low whisper. "I have just been distracted since we were in that lab." Malik smiled a rare smile and leaned his head against hers. "I'm always okay when we're together, Max." Malik unfurled his raven black wings and used them to curl her against his body. There was no telling when they would have a chance to just enjoy each other's company in peace so Malik intended on taking every advantage of this situation. Malik brought his face close to hers. He paused when his nose rested against hers. His big dark eyes stared into hers and he whispered "I dream of times like this, you know?" He kissed her lips softly and briefly. "Then I would wake up and be alone and become angry or depressed." He kissed her again and stroked her cheek with his hand. "It's given me a great deal of time to think." He smiled and kissed her once more. Using his arms he drew her against him as tight as he could without hurting her. "I have decided that I won't allow you to separate us again…" Malik winked. "Ever." He tilted his head and kissed Max passionately and this time he held it. He would kiss her until one of them had to stop for air.

Status
Not open for further replies.