The Curse of Ellismire IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Max
Max relaxed in Malik's embrace.
Her head resting on his shoulder, she felt as safe as she could possibly be. Bang! Bang! Bang! She flinched slightly, but that was all. Malik's arms tightened around her as she looked up. She saw Dylan hurtling in the opposite direction. As much as she disliked him, Max felt herself screaming his name before Malik clamped his hand over her mouth. Her eyes widened. Dylan had been a loyal brother in the past, but that was before he had forced himself on her. She turned back to Malik and saw the hurt look in his eyes. Shame and guilt overcame her, and she kissed him. Hard. She let her emotions loose in this one kiss. Her hands went up and fussed with his hair, and she felt him reacting. She didn't even care that there were two others here. She just needed Malik to KNOW that he was hers, and hers alone. Not Dylan. After about a minute, she pulled back, and slipped out of his embrace. "He's right. We can't stay here for very long. They're bound to find us eventually. We have to head out." she said, even as her own body and mind were telling her to sleep. She was exhausted. But that was nothing new.

Walking over to Demiel, she knelt in front of her. "Are you okay?" she asked. She saw blood slowly seeping through Demiel's shirt. Her cut must have ripped open during the fall.

Dylan EDIT
Dylan awoke when the doctor finished fixing him. He lay on a table in the center of the group, and the doctor was asking for his money. Bad call, dude. Should've just walked away. Dylan didn't even flinch when the first gunshot went off. That was expected. He did flinch the second time, and this time he heard a body falling to the ground. I have to get out of here. he thought. But he was surrounded, and he didn't want to give them the notion he was awake. So Dylan sat there, waiting for them to do to them what they will.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Nue
The first thing Demiel when her eyes opened was shoot up, daggers at the ready. Then she reminded she had no weapons, and was left looking rather foolish with her arms extended. The action sent stabbing pains in her side, and she tried to concentrate on her head until they went away. However, when she realized they were there to stay, her initial reaction of fear became annoyance. Pushing the pain away, she rolled over and spat, getting rid of some dirt that had gotten in her mouth.
The first thing she realized was that there had been a person who'd been near her. She tried magic before recalling it didn't function. She groaned, pulling herself up to her knees. The combination of moving was painful, but necessary. She feebly called, "Hello?"

Max
Max smiled slightly. "Hey, welcome back. We had a rough landing, sorry about that." she said softly, in case Demiel had a headache. She walked over, and softly pulled up the elf's shirt to look at the wound, but as she did so she was stopped by a short snarl. Stopping, she looked up at Demiel, who was about 4 inches taller than herself, and frowned. "Woaa girl. I just need to check the wound at your side. You look like you're bleeding pretty heavily. We don't want you to bleed out now, do we?" she said softly. When Demiel didn't respond, she continued. Pulling up her shirt just to where the wound was, Max winced. There was dirt and muck in the wound. There was already a bit of swelling, looking like an infection was setting in. Crap. She looked at Malik, and he quickly went and soaked his shirt in the nearby stream and brought it to her. After tearing her eyes away from him shirtless, Max tied it around Demiels waist and pulled it tight, bringing a hiss from the elf's throat. It would have to be cleaned, and not just with water. They needed something stronger to fight off an infection. That wasn't the only problem at hand. It seemed Demiel had some memory problems at the moment. "What do you remember?" she asked softly, not wanting to startle her any further.

"I heard...I heRd a voice..." She moaned, unable to think straight, "it was a feminine voice...I swear...it was Zelene." She winced, recalling her past. Poor Zelene...it probably evoked something in her.
"She's...not here but...argh." She held up arm, which had blood, "I tend to get cut open often." She chuckled bitterly, then pain made her lay down.

Max
Max frowned at her statement of thinking she had overheard Zelena. "Well that's creepy. A witch talking to you in your dreams? Magic isn't in this world, so she's powerless. How is that even possible then? If I were to guess, she'd be working on getting magic to this world so she could seize power once more." she said.

When Demiel said she got cut up a lot, Max chuckled a little. "Not your fault this time. It was my landing that got this wound so dirty, and your arm cut. Your arm looks fine, it's just a small scrape. The majority of the blood is from your side. The wound to your side/midsection is worrying me a bit. It's starting to swell. Dirt and germs have gotten in, and your stitches have ripped. We need antibiotics, or infection will kick in. If that happens, we'll have to take you to a medical facility, and you've seen how the people here react to our kind." she said. With that, Max offered Demiel her hand to pull her to her feet. "I would like to stay, but like Malik said, we've got to move." she stated.

Zelena
The next morning, Zelena and her group rose early and trudged on. Zelena, who was very much in shape, led them at a speedy pace. A few miles before they reached their destination, Zelena said she was going to go the rest of the way alone. She finally reached the edge of the stream by midmorning. This would require a long, difficult spell. She quickly unstopped a small clear vial full of glowing liquid. A potion that she had made the night before. This would be what gave her power. She dropped the vial into the stream and immediately began chanting. "Þurh minum gewealde ond þinum mægen geclippaþ we þone lieg þe ealla awestaþ. Ontende þisne wyrm þæt he licgeþ unastyred a butan ende bragol thalion parm templa tengwa pilini' asca melloneamin lietha guldur 'Kshonnarim, wanya Entula tuulo' i'ba..." The longer she goes, the louder her voice gets until she's yelling. As each word leaves her mouth thick purple smoke rises from the stream. She keeps going and going, power flowing through her. She revelled in this power flowing through her veins like wildfire. The spell ended after about five minutes. The Smoke continued to rise. It would rise and spread until the entire earth was covered in it, and then it would dissipate. Magic was here.

Zelena started laughing. Gleefully, she flew up in the air with a spell to control the wind currents beneath her. She grinned. This is what made her happy. Magic. It wasn't just a hobby, it was a way of life. To be able to control powers in the universe that can harness enormous damage, or do miraculous things, was to commit fully to it. She thought of Daniel, and would think he would be proud of her. What she had done, all in his name.

She went to the men, and poofed them all back to where they originally started out, NYC. Her first task, send out a mass message, claiming she was in control now.

Demiel nodded, but she knew that it would be painful. She got a hard look in her eyes and spat, "I'll be fine." She reached out to where her hand touched something long, which turned out to be part of a stick. It broke when she stood up, but once she was on her feet, it became much easier to function. Now able to breathe, she slowly started to flex her arms and then winced, "Look, I'll do alright for now. We'll find medicine at some point and figure out what to do." That was not exactly something she totatlly believed, yet it was her nature to always plan this way. She refused to show pain and was adament about it, "Are we moving or are we goign to sit here all day and discuss the weather patterns of this world? Let's get going!"

Max
Max raised her eyebrows at the elf's rudeness. "Right. Let's go." she said, stepping ahead. She felt Malik stepping in right beside her, and started walking. They had been going for about 4 hours, when Max stopped dead in her tracks. Purple smoke was rushing to them. It was unmistakable, it had to be magic. But magic wasn't in this world. She suddenly bolted into the cloud of magic, hoping to stop it. If it spread, Zelena would have power. More power than she had in Ellismire. That would mean the death of Malik, and their two.....companion. She didn't trust them enough to call them friends, and apparently not allies either.
As soon as she entered the cloud, she breathed deeply. She felt the familiar surge of wildfire through her veins, and smiled. She truly had missed this. Even if she didn't use magic a lot, just the feel of it made her blood sing.

She raised her hands, and energy surged from her body into the cloud, it looked like bright blue lightning flashing from her hands. The cloud slowed, but it didn't stop. The longer she kept it up, the more weary she got. If she kept this on for too much longer, it would kill her. She suddenly stopped, and fell to her knees. The cloud dissipated as it moved on, so the others had probably seen her display of power. Gasping for air, she slowly got up, only to stumble again. She felt Malik's arm go across her back, supporting her. She turned to the others. "Look like magic is here." she stated. She waved her hand, and the trees and branches bent to her will. They formed a natural shelter big enough for the four of them. "We stop here for the night." she stated.

She and the others worked together to get some firewood, and some food. Malik and Max had brought back an enormous amount of game, 3 deer, and a couple rabbits. They were used to feeding a flock of birdkids, with enormous appetites. She and Malik would probably eat about half, and they would take the rest for the road. Putting some of the meat on the fire, Max got to work weaving a bag of sticks and grass to carry some supplies in, and another for the food. After that was done, she walked over to Demiel. "Are you going to let me heal your wound, or would you rather let it get infected?" she asked, a hint of sarcasm and coldness in her voice. The elf had made it clear earlier that she did not wish for her help. But she thought she should offer anyway.

The elf began to sigh as she felt the magic that once powered her return, yet she was too weak to even try to use it. In fact, it took her mind a few minutes to even register that it had returned. Once she managed to secure that it was there, her body began to shudder from blood loss and exertion, even though she was still adament about revealing that she was even in any pain. She collapsed against a rock, leaning back and panting hard, "It's okay, it's okay. I'm fine." She gritted her teeth, showing she refused to try and act as thoguh seh needed help.

Max
Max frowned. "You're stubbornness is going to get you killed. Let me help you. It won't take but a second, and it'll be quick.There's no weakness in accepting help. It's what allies are supposed to do. Help. We are allies, right?"
she asked, irked at the elf's attitude. She looked her in the eye. "I won't hurt you, I promise. If I wanted to hurt you, you'd be dead by now." she added. Attitudes like Demiel's bugged Max to no end, even if her own attitude was similar, she was able to push back the pain and not think about it. Demiel seemed to be struggling with that. "How can I get you to trust me?" she suddenly asked. She realized she truly did want to earn the elf's trust. That surprised her, she normally was wary to trust anyone other than Malik. She just had a hunch that Demiel was trustworthy.

Demiel slowly let her mind start drifting off to another time she'd trusted someone, someone who was now trying to kill them. Someone who she'd trusted, she'd loved, she'd cared for through thick and thin. Her sister, her friend, her life companion. She couldn't even begin to describe the pain taht she felt at having to feel trust in people again, "You can't." She started to tear up, tearing up for maybe the first time in three years. Hearing Zelene's voice had taken her mind away from her, "You can't!" She slowly collapsed, holding her head and crying.

Max
Max obviously had asked the wrong question. She knelt by Demiel and put a hand on her shoulder, just letting the girl know she was there, and trying to console her at the same time.
Max didn't know what was wrong, but she didn't need to. She just needed to know this woman was hurting, and her 'mama bear' instinct sunk in. With a small wave of her hand, the gash on Demiel's side shut and the infection left. All that was left was a small pink scar. "Hey now, is there anything I can do to help?" she asked softly, not knowing how to comfort her.

Demiel shook her head and her tears became hard faces, "turn back time and alter reality." She spat it out, yet she didn't mean for it to sound so harsh. She was badly damaged by losing Zelene, and it felt more like part of her had left with her. The trusting part. The happy part. If one knew Demiel, she had no joy. Zelene had stolen that from her.

Max
Max understood in an instant. She knew that kind of grief. She had gone, and still is going through, that kind of grief when the rest of the flock died. The thought of them brought a sudden burst of pain and grief through her. She lowered her head for a second to get it somewhat under control. After a moment or two, she lifted her eyes back up to Demiel. "You lost someone." she said softly, her voice barely a whisper. She let Demiel see the pain and the grief in her own eyes as well. "I'm so, so sorry." she whispered, grief filling her voice.
She gently pulled the girl in a short embrace. The woman was practically broken, and Max wanted to help her, so badly. But this wasn't something that could be healed with magic. Not even time would fully heal it.

Demiel nodded, "my...my friend. She was gone for awhile. Now she came back and...right before we came here...She changed and...and...d..." She didn't hug back, but didn't fight.

Zelena
Zelena was ready. As soon as she cast this spell, she would appear in the night sky across the globe, and her voice will be amplified so all would hear. She just had to think of what to say. She wanted Demiel to come willingly, so kindness was probably the best way to draw her in. She knew what she would say. It took her less than ten seconds to cast the spell, and the night outside was bright with her image. She let the thoughts of Demiel when they were younger fill her mind, it always gave her a sense of happiness. That's what she needed right now, to look happy and regretful at the same time.

"Hello. Please do not be frightened. That purple cloud that just engulfed you guys? That was me. I needed it to send out a message to an old friend of mine. She is one of only two people in my life who has ever truly meant anything to me. Something happened, and we lost contact by my own fault. I have been trying ever since to get in contact with her, and have just now got up the courage to try something this drastic." she paused for effect, looking down and fingering the necklace that Demiel had given her. She never takes it off. "Demiel, if you are out there, and can hear this, I beg of you, forgive me. I miss you, my friend. I miss our easy friendship, the sisterhood we shared. I realize now the error of my past, the error in my previous actions. Ever since Daniel died-" Zelena's breath hitched, and her voice rose slightly, this was when it gets hard. She can never talk about him without tearing up, and she let a tear fall down her cheek. "Ever since he died I have been filled with this desire for revenge. Even after his murderer was dead, it still filled me with anger. Anger does terrible things to a person, Demiel. I need our friendship, I need you, my sister. You were the only other person I ever trusted with anything. You still are. Please forgive me, and please contact me somehow. I need your advice, I need our friendship. I am in New York, if you want to come find me. I hope to hear from you soon, dearie.
That is it folks, sorry for disturbing your night. Sleep well, and carry on."

With that said, the spell ended and all was dark once more. All of that was sincere. She really did miss Demiel and her friendship. She did kind of miss her mother, but not as much as she missed Daniel.

Zelena collapsed on the couch. That had required an enormous amount of energy, and she was exhausted. Turning out the lights, she was asleep in seconds.

Max
Max let her go and looked her in the eyes. "People will do that to you, and it isn't easy. Just know I am here, okay? Feel free to come to me for anything. When the flock died....I thrust everyone out of my life, including Malik. I was miserable for so long, but my grief and my pain prevented me from making it right. In a sense, I am sort of grateful for this curse, for it brought Malik back to me. But anyways, pushing people away is not the answer. You have to share your grief, or it will gradually get worse and worse. Demiel, I repeat if there is anything I--" Max was cut off by a bright light in the night sky. She looked up only to see Zelena's figure in the night sky. She snarled viciously. "Hello. Please do not be frightened. That purple cloud that just engulfed you guys? That was me. I needed it to send out a message to an old friend of mine...Demiel, if you are out there, and can hear this, I beg of you, forgive me. I miss you, my friend. I miss our easy friendship, the sisterhood we shared. I realize now the error of my past, the error in my previous actions..." throughout the message, Max's eyes got wider and wider. She pulled Demiel close again. Max had always had a hunch that Zelena wasn't always evil, that someone had made her this way, but she would never have guessed that Demiel had been practically Zelena's sister.

Max whispered into Demiel's ear "I am so sorry, Demiel. If there's anything I can do...but remember Zelena is manipulative, this is probably a hoax. Please don't do anything rash. Let me try and help, okay?" at that, she awaited for Demiel's reaction.

Demiel stood up, "no sister, please don't go!" Throwing off Max, she shouted, "Attreono Threono!" The cloud gave up a location, the south section of the city, before it was gone. Demiel was left standing there, body quivering and her mind reeling from the voice of the girl shed lost so long ago.
"Sister..." Demiel couldn't think straight. Zelene was evil, wasn't she? She'd brought magic to this world now, hadn't she? Now she could find her, she could be with her again. Make up for the night with her master. Make up with everything.
If she'd been thinking straight she'd have realized what she was doing -walking into a trap. Yet she wanted to see her so badly her mind wouldn't admit it.
"I'm going to find her!" She cried, body quivering, "I must see her! I know where to find her! I go now and I go alone!"

Max
"Demiel, it's a trap. Anyone with any sense at all can see that. We can help, I know you want to see her. You will, I can get us there quick, just let us get you there and we'll leave you alone." she said. She understood the need to do this alone. But that didn't mean that Max wouldn't be close by. She would be ready to act. She stood up, and Malik was behind her. She leaned back against him slightly for support. The shove had twisted her ankle slightly and was throbbing. It should be better in a few minutes. Max looked at Malik for help. His deep voice soothed her. Malik suggested they wait until morning when they could find her location quicker, and it would be a bit safer. Max nodded. "Demiel, your exhausted. At least wait until morning after a few hours of sleep. I will insist upon this. As your ally, I insist you rest. You need your strength if you are going to go face Zelena alone." she said, hoping to convince the elf to see reason.

"Zelene is the name I called her," she sighed, tears in her eyes. Somethings had broken inside her, and she no longer had the strength to resist Max. Her thoughts were only focused on her, on her friend. The sister she'd lost. The one who left her.
"Tomorrow. I leave then. If you're not going to help, don't come."

Max
Max smiled softly. "I'm going to help, if you'll let me. And I'm sure the others will be willing to as well." She looked at Malik, and he nodded, probably going wherever she leads. She looked at Varen. "What do you think, Varen. Are you going to come with us tomorrow?" she asked, not wanting to force him into a trap if he didn't want to come.

Zelena
Zelena woke with a smile. She dreamed of her younger days when Daniel was still alive, and Demiel was still her sister. She really did hope that Demiel would forgive her, but there was no turning back from her path now. Magic was who she was, magic 'controlled' her. She was power hungry, and couldn't stop. She needed to think of what to say when it was time to address the entire globe, saying it was under her control.

She had felt someone using a locator spell right before the broadcast ended. She smiled. If her hunch was correct, that would be Demiel. She was coming. Zelena must prepare a room for her.

Zelena truly did want Demiel's friendship, but if Demiel didn't approve her ways....she didn't know what she'd do. She couldn't show any weakness, so she would have to do something harsh. She dreaded that part, for that would be the hardest.

Zelena randomly thought about Azmere. Wondering if he was successfull....She cast a random spell that would allow them to talk, but no one else would hear or see. Azmere's masked face appeared in front of her, and hers in front of his. "Hello, Azmere. Report. Is the draconian dead or badly wounded? What of Dylan?" she asked, not wanting to admit she really did want to just hear his voice. Part of her wanted to love this man, but she wouldn't allow it. Her love died with Daniel.

Status
Not open for further replies.