The Curse of Ellismire IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Max
As he talked, Max avoided his eyes. It was her choice that they separate, and it kills her that she had hurt him. .
"I have decided that I won't allow you to separate us again...Ever." She smiled at the thought. She hadn't planned on it, she couldn't bear the thought of losing him yet again. "I'm so, so sorry Malik. I just didn't know how to cope...and even in my desire to not hurt you with my grief, I hurt you. I love you, Malik. Nothing will separate us again. I promise." she whispered hoarsely. His nearness caused her heart to race. Even though they were supposed to be watching for danger, he kissed her. Heat surged through her like wildfire. This kiss was more. She threw herself against him, closing any distance between them. Her mind went briefly back to watch. "Wait, Malik. Protection." she said against his lips, she pulled back only enough to wave a hand, and an invisible shield surrounded them. Nothing could get in now. She turned back to Malik and threw herself against him once more. A hunger erupted inside of her, one that she could barely control. She wanted him. Badly. She shivered at his touch. Fire raged wherever his hands went. She groaned with pleasure at his presence. Too soon, Max had to pull away. "I love you, Malik." she whispered. She lay her head against his chest, listening to his racing heartbeat. They sat there in a comfortable silence for a few minutes. She fell asleep in the arms of her most beloved.

Zelena
Zelena smiled. Demiel was more than ready for what she had planned. But she had to be trained first. "Shhhhh dear. It's all in the past. I wouldn't have called you here if all wasn't forgiven. You're weak, you need rest." The first part was only half of a lie. Part of her desperately wanted to forgive this elf, give her a couple days, maybe weeks, and it would be. They entered her chambers, and Zel lowered Demiel onto the bed. "I know you have questions, but right now, you need to sleep. I'll be right here when you wake, dear. I've missed you too." she whispered softly. The girl was cold to her touch, which concerned Zelena. Demiel's skin was always a bit warmer than her own. She took up her old post as big sister, and proceeded to care for her friend, laying heavy blankets on her, and getting her water, food. She soon stopped to let the young girl rest. She was glad Demiel had come, Zel was tempted to forgive her now, without making her pay.

Demiel nodded, and felt her head hit something soft. She slowly closed her eyes body beginning to shut down. She fell asleep still gripping her hand tightly and a smile, if a soft one, on her face

Zelena eased her hand out of Demiel's and walked out. She smiled. She waved her hand at the door, and it would now open only to Zelena. Not even Demiel would be able to open it. Same with any of the windows in her room. Now to see what she could do with the others she was travelling with....She assumed Demiel had come alone, for it was her style. The game had changed. She needed to talk to Azmere again. She cast the spell, and her face appeared in front of his. "Hello Az. The game has changed. Your new task is to capture the group of birdkids you had told me about earlier. You may injure them as you see fit, but I do need them alive and conscious. Bring Dylan and Darvian to the rendezvous, I will meet you there. But you shall depart once more immediately. Good work, my friend. I got to go now, Demiel showed up, and I need to see if she's okay." she gave him a genuine smile. Time to go see to Demiel. She cut off the spell, and went back to her chambers, opening and closing the door softly. She sat by the bed, and put one hand on the elf's forhead, which was burning up, and one on the elf's midsection. She started chanting slowly. This would tell her what was wrong with her friend. She needed her back at full health as soon as possible. She now knew what she needed. She rest her head against the back of her chair, and fell asleep. Dreams of Demiel and Zel's past brought a smile to her sleeping face.

~Clinic~
-Parking Lot-
:Darvian Tavish:
Why...why...WHY!!!
Darvian thought to himself as he writhed in pain and the elf started taunting him.
Azmere laughed at him mockingly with an answer to his question.
"Ten points!" He called out before he preceded to fire his gun at the knee Darvian was bracing himself upon and continued to walk forward slowly while Darvian grasped his knee and growl in pain. Azmere spoke once more "The only reason you're not dead is because you managed to recover Dylan before I arrived." He then fired again from his gun onto Darvian's feet to finally take him down to the ground. Azmere walked within a few feet of Darvian, and pointed the barrel at the lizard's left shoulder and fired again. He put his gun away to Darvian's relief
and kicked his right steel toe straight into Darvian's jaw.
It hurt so bad that the noise around him started to ring, he jerked and twisted to his right side to cough out some blood while Azmere continued to taunt him.
"Queen Zelena, in her perfect grace sees potential in you. Consider yourself fortunate and blessed to be in her service." Darvian replied in a somber tone toward his master. "Yes...Master Azmere...I will...GAH!" He screamed as Azmere pushed him back down to the ground with his gun, and replied slyly "Good lizard, fail my queen again…" Three final shots sent Darvian's world into a blurry fade. "...And I'll use real bullets next time." He said as he shoved him down with such a force that it broke some of the bones in his wings that were being used to hold him up. Thus as Azmere walked away, Darvian couldn't help but arch his back up and scream and roar in pain until all the pain seemed to numb itself and he started to calm down... the world once again faded to black with a final shudder and a jerk of his right leg.
"Unnnnnn"
Darvian was flatly and utterly immobilized.
---
Sure enough, he was in yet another dream of his. He was in a blank white plane, with nothing but himself, a couch, and what seemed to be another Draconian sitting on it, he went over and looked at him, he looked virtually the same, with golden scales covering it all over,unlike Darvian, he had curved horns at the top of his head. Darvian went over to the other Draconian and talked to it
"Did I die?" The draconian stood up and just stared at him intently "No, just unconscious, which reminds me...Welcome to you empty conscious! It gets kinda lonely here, Ya' know? Mainly because I don't spend much time here but...eh." Darvian scratched his head and cocked it to the side "I am sorry, but I am confused." Conscious sat back in the chair, and signaled him to come over "C'mon, have a seat...we have much to discuss!" Darvian cautiously proceeded to sit down and watch as Conscious proceeded to wave his hands around, and out popped a rug, a table, some sort of a device? (laptop),a bowl of popcorn, and two wine bottles. Conscious propped open the device and started tapping on it. pretty colors flashed. He then ate a handful of popcorn and started chugging one of the wine bottles. "Ahh, refreshing!" he paused for a moment before continuing.
"Now, to ease up your confusion, I am going to review your live through this device here, and we will have a chat about your life so far, you know ManoAMano, have some man-talk away from the ladies...If you know what I mean." He flashed a picture of Azmere and they both laughed. Conscious then came into cheer with a prompting question...
"Now, where should we start first?"

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
@WarriorHeart
Dylan
Dylan kept his eyes closed the entire time this ordeal with the lizard and the new guy was going down. He knew he was in no shape to fly, and he wouldn't get 10 feet away anyway. Dylan didn't flinch when he felt the steel against his neck. Although from what he just heard, Zelena wanted him alive. He didn't need to pretend to be asleep. He opened his eyes and shoved the blade from his throat. Sitting up, he saw the new guy had a weird mask on. "From what I hear, Zelena needs me alive. Plus, I'd like to see her. I want to work for her. I'm sick of going after someone who won't give me the time of day. The way I see it, Max can go to hell. And I want to put her there, capiche?" he said. He really was sick of it. Although he did still wish she had chosen him, he wasn't going to sit around and cry about it all day. It wasn't as if he had anything better to do. He was created to obey, and to do that, he needed orders. Zelena could fix that. He had this anger welling up inside him, and he needed a way to take it out on people. And from what the new guy did, it was apparent violence was the best way to do that. "Now, take me to your leader." he said in a dramatic voice. He had always wanted to say that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slowly, Demeil came to. Her head felt worse than she'd left it, but otherwise, she was unharmed. She was weak from the blood loss, yet she was also okay for now. Truning her head to the side, she oticed the form of her sister sitting in the chair. She smiled, seeing her friend comfortabely asleep and perfectly at peace.
Slowly, she lifted up her head and then managed to stir, the sound of it going out into the room and echoing a bit. She yawned and held her head. Someone had even bandaged it.

Last edited:
Zelena
Zelena woke when Demiel stirred. Smiling, Zel took her friends hand. "Welcome back to the land of the living! It's probably a good thing you came so soon, I managed to fix up all your insides, you were bleeding internally." She stood and helped her friend sit up. She held out her hand, and a glass of water appeared. She handed it to Demiel. "It's good you came. I've missed you, my dear friend...the past is in the past. Lets forget it, eh?" she asked softly. Zelena was seriously contemplating forgiving her. She deserved to pay, in a way that she made her suffer. While at the same time, she wanted her friend back. She needed at least one person whom she could trust, and in the past, it was Demiel. And by the looks of things, she had suffered greatly already. That was good. She should suffer, and the fact that it was at Zelena's hand that she suffered made it better. Ok. Enough was enough. Forgiveness was in order....for the first time since she could remember.

Zelena's smile went from ear to ear. She had a friend back. That alone was a miracle. She reached up and pulled her friend into a fierce embrace once more. "Im so, so sorry, Demiel. Can you ever forgive me?" she asked, tears making her voice hoarse. She didn't know what she would do if Demiel wouldn't....no, she did. She would kill her. While she could forgive one betrayal in the distant past, one now would be unforgivable. She looked in her friend's eyes, hoping to see something of forgiveness, for she did not want to kill her friend.

Instantly she nodded, "how could I not forgive you? I wouldn't come all this way just to attack you." Her eyes teared up, and her form shivered, "I want my sister back. You left so long ago and I blamed myself. And it's true."
She practically fell crying into her arms. The tears were the years of loneliness, betrayal and feeling of loss all coming out. It was said elves only cried once every 100 years. Demiel was the perfect example.
"I am ready to face the consequences of my actions," she'd planned for this was was ready "including any punishment. But if you're my reward, I'll do anything. Punish me as you will."
Most people would think this to be an outlandish response. She was pouring out her heart, one had to recall. That happened to come forth.

Azmere

Azmere was interrupted by another communication from Zelena. It was a powerful spell because it was not only a virtual conversation; the spell froze time around the recipient. Azmere was about to react to the birdkid. Dylan was trying to push the blade away from his neck and mid-action…Bam! Magical timeout. Azmere grinned behind his mask and then focused on Zelena and her words.

"Hello Az. The game has changed. Your new task is to capture the group of birdkids you had told me about earlier. You may injure them as you see fit, but I do need them alive and conscious. Bring Dylan and Darvian to the rendezvous, I will meet you there. But you shall depart once more immediately. Good work, my friend. I got to go now, Demiel showed up, and I need to see if she's okay."

Azmere bowed his head while still in the spell. "It will be done, my lady." Since Zelena had given him a notice that the end of the conversation was fast approaching, Azmere took the sword away from Dylan's neck, switched hands and then set it so the tip of the blade would be in his gut once he sat up or if he tried to stand. The spell lifted and the birdkid sat up right into the sword. It wouldn't be any deeper than a few inches and there would be no internal damage.

"From what I hear, Zelena needs me alive. Plus, I'd like to see her. I want to work for her. I'm sick of going after someone who won't give me the time of day. The way I see it, Max can go to hell. And I want to put her there, capiche?"

Arrogant, little mutant, Azmere thought. He smirked. There were many different ways the elf could handle this. He twisted the blade just a little. "Your love scorned you and now you seek vengeance through the employ of my queen." The soldier's tone was intense and mocking. "You don't get to ask for anything!" Azmere withdrew the blade and at the same time brought a gloved fist up across the kid's jaw with enough force to shatter bone or flip the gurney or both. Though the sword was removed from the soft skin of Dylan's abdomen, Azmere kept it in close proximity in case he needed to reaffirm his point. His blood was beginning to boil. He was starting to see why Darvian had a shotgun to Dylan's head. There was something inside this birdkid that made Azmere want to end his pitiful existence. Azmere knew better and withdrew himself a full back step. He sheathed his sword and slid the rifle into his hands. He quickly and smoothly changed mags. He just dropped the empty one on the pavement. This new clip contained what were called 'cop killers' by the mercenaries. He had told Azmere that the bullets explode on contact. He then slid the AR back over his shoulder and stuck a hand in his pocket. He could hear the helicopter approaching. He took a relaxed stance and motioned towards the whirly bird as it set down. "There's our ride to Zelena. You want to meet her? This is your only chance." He smirked behind the mask. "If you change your mind, I will kill you." Azmere motioned to the men who had been traveling with Darvian. They gathered his broken and bleeding body and carted it to the helicopter. Azmere would fall into step behind Dylan. Right before the birdkid would climb aboard, he would be suck with enough sedative to knock out a herd of wildebeests. Azmere climbed on and nodded to the pilot and then strapped himself in for the ride. He was excited to see Zelena and wondered if she would notice the change in him.

Zelena
Zelena smiled. She wasn't surprised at Demiels willingness to go through punishment. It was just like her. Although she had decided to forgive Demiel, Zelena still had to put her through some significant training. And that included being tortured. She grimaced slightly. Looking Demiel in the eye, Zelena gave her hand a quick squeezed. "You may not be punished, but there is a set of training I must put you through. It may be viewed as punishment, but I only allow the best of the best in my employ, and I don't make exceptions for friends." she said, watching her face for any reaction. She cringed at the amount of pain she would have to put her friend through, but it was necessary. She deserved it though. If she was going to put her in the field, she had to know what to expect if she was going to be captured. "It does include torture. As much as I'd hate to see you go through that, it is necessary. Part of it will be to see how long it would take to 'break' you, another see how well you do under pressure, how to keep secrets, ect. Then you will learn hand to hand combat, then swords, and then guns. We will wait for you to get your full strength back, but the sooner it starts, the better." She added softly. She may enjoy the part about causing pain, but not mentally. Some people who go through her rigorous training don't exit training as sane as they used to be....she really hoped Demiel would stay sane. "Are you in?" she asked, already knowing the answer.

Dylan
Dylan smirked. While that was true, he did need orders. And he followed orders well, whether evil or good. He nodded and hopped into the helicopter with Azmere. He was going to go see Zelena, and try to learn as much as he could about her, and then get his revenge...

Hearing the prospect of being tortured and hurt, she wanted to shy away. Yet she was ready, for this was her sister. May be, maybe if she'd done this, she could do so as well. She knew this had, had to be for her own sake and not to cause pain. For this had to be for her own good.

"I'll be fine." She stood up and shook her head directly, and managed to stayuprifht, "let's just start now. I have to do so now or never."

Zelena
Zelena knew that look on her friends face. Dread is one of the worst things you can feel, in Zel's opinion. Zelena shook her head. "No. We need you at full strength. The training will last for 3 weeks, and you will have five sessions lasting thirty minutes each day. The final test will to see how long you last under intense interrogation...that one will be the worst. We need you to be at full strength, this spell I have cast on you should finish your healing by tomorrow morning, and your strength should be back no later than the day after tomorrow. We will begin then." she said, her voice firm. This was not an option, and she knew Demiel would recognize the tone in her voice as Un-negotiable. She hated that her friend will have to go through so much, she almost regretted the amount of pain that it would cause her. What she hated most was that she was getting soft, Zelena couldn't afford that. She had to be hard and cold to do what needed to be done.
"I promise this is not because of what happened between us, I do this with everyone, not just you. While I will be helping with the tests, I will be there when it's over. There will be no magic allowed to heal yourself for some of the tests, and for others, it will be okay. In the meantime, you need to rest. I know you want to get started, but give it a few days, okay?" she finally added after a long awkward silence.

Demiel nodded, and she sat back in her lap, as if she were a small child. It wasn't very noticeable at first, yet Zelene was much larger than her; always had been. She hugged her tightly, "Zel...are we still sisters?" She held her breath, nervous to get the answer, "I'm just...I just want to know."

((Okay all, Kaldoro has decided to drop out. I am making his character, Varen, an NPC meaning any of us can control him. I can't take on 4 chars, I'm thinking of doing the same to Dylan, which would make sense, because I have some interactions with my own characters coming up.))
Zelena
"Are we still sisters?" Zelena's eyes teared up slightly at the question. Dang, I'm getting soft! I can't afford to be getting soft now....I have to get my plan into action. Nonetheless, she could use a friend in this entire ordeal. Holding her close, Zelena rested her head on Demiels. While this may look bad to observers, it's just how they grew up. Touch was an important part of both of their lives. Even though Demiel was hundreds of years older than she was, she was still fragile. She really wasn't sure if they could be sisters yet, because that required trust, and Demiel had betrayed that trust. But Demiel was weak right now, and hearing the wrong answer could send her into hysterics. "Did we ever stop? What sisters don't have a disagreement now and then?" she said quietly. As she said it, she realized the truth in those words, and that she believed them. Despite what she had thought earlier, Demiel still had a special place in her heart. She smiled. It was nice to have a sister again.

The words spoken broke her heart, "thank you, sister. I'm sure whatever you're going to do is for the best." She reached up and hugged her, "thanks for letting me inside. I know probably intruded on you. Thank you."
She sang Zelene's favorite elven song, the words flowing like water into the air. It spoke of hope and a new dawn, and thy agreed it was their favorite. Having no one who cared, she hadn't sang it for years. Yet now beautiful elven music the room.

((@WarriorHeart please respond to my "Max" Post. @04LIDOB Look at the top of this page and the one before and that's where Varen is, he's just so far behind))

Zelena smiled. After the song was finished, Zelena gently nudged the elf out of her lap and stood up. "I have to go, I have some things that need to be done. You need rest, so stay here and get some sleep, okay? I'm going to enchant the door so only I can open it, because there are some people here who don't take kindly to elves." she said. She knew Demiel wouldn't want to separate, but it was necessary. She walked to the door, and murmured a quick spell. She walked out and sighed. That was over. The charade, the acting, and even the trying to be kind to her. She did kind of want to be sisters again, but not really. Being sisters required trust, something Demiel had utterly destroyed last time they saw each other. She didn't think she could trust her again....

Malik

Malik could feel her heart quicken as they embraced one another. It seemed that every time they touched; it felt like the first time. The electricity surged about each of their bodies in such a way that Malik feared it might harm someone. The thought didn't last long. As Max threw her body into his chest, Malik seemed to envelope her even more.

"Wait, Malik. Protection."

Malik's eyes shot open. Protection? He hadn't ever thought about it. His pale cheeks became rosy pallets. He started to say something but stopped when Max set up a magical barrier. Malik flushed even more at his presumption and laid back allowed Max to nestle into his body. His mind began to wonder, as did his hands.

"I love you, Malik."

Malik blinked back into reality once more. Max had a way of sending him spiraling through subconscious planes of perception. Her light scent filled his nostrils and her hair tickled his skin. He opened his mouth to speak but nothing happened. He cleared his throat and tried again. "I…I love you, too, Max." It sounded like a cop out. Malik was bad at expressing himself. He hoped that Max would not be offended by his response. He felt like it didn't seem genuine, rather, it didn't sound genuine in his ears. His eyes pleaded his feelings for Max to see; even if she didn't hear it in his words.

Demiel sighed and she nodded to her friend, and, although seeing it as a potential way to keep her inside permanetly, it also made it so she was safer. Seeing more than a little logic, she nodded, "If that is what is nessecary, then go ahead and do it." She smiled to her, showing htat, despite the evil things Zelene had done, she stilll was her sister and still trusted her with her life if nessecary.

Max
Max smiled, he never was good with words. But he meant it, and she knew that. Maybe one day when all the craziness was over, they would get married and have a mini bird kid, but that was far in the future. Turning, Max took Malik's face in her hands. He was gorgeous, like an angel. She leaned in and kissed his lips. Fire erupted, even hotter than before! She closed the space between them, until there was no more. There was a tiny tiny voice in her head, saying they should be moving out, but she ignored it. She wrapped her arms around Malik, her hands going up into his gorgeous hair. She loved him so much it hurt.

Zelena
Zelena smiled slightly. She had let herself get caught in a moment, she couldn't be sisters with Demiel again, that required trust. Demiel had completely shattered that trust. The way that she saw Demiel smiling, she trusted her completely. The fool. She stalked out ready to do some work. She called up Az again. "Report." was all she said.

Varen
After what seemed like a huge nap, Varen looked around, severely dazed from his nap. The surroundings around him were to blurry to see anything, and it seemed like it was not going to clear anytime sooner. He rubbed the back of his head with his palm. He looked to the left of him to see if there was anybody he could make out. Sure enough, he could make out two white blobs moving.he did not know if they were living,no living,or just messing with his brain. It seemed for these past few days that a lot of things ended up playing with his brain. He did not like this any better than he liked the other events that brewed during his little 'misadventures' with Max,Malik, and Demiel. At least he was not doing it alone, and the people he was adventuring with we're nice people that he knew...Wondering, he called out to the two blobs, wondering who they were.
"Excuse me, are you people? If so,who are you? And where the heck am I?"

Status
Not open for further replies.