The Coming of Mana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I'm still here and even have my sheet done, with the exception of a "unique 2" offensive piece, which I will likely think up today. Nevertheless, I will get the coding done right now and put the sheet up, so that you may critique it. I developed the slave aspect on my own accord and I do hope that everything will be acceptable. If you find any mistakes, especially at the end of the biography, please note that I finished it at half past 1 at night and my brain was half asleep at the time XD

Oh, and good morning to everyone! =3
Well, it doesn't have to be an offensive piece. It could be anything else you can think up. It was just my suggestion. If you want to go with another background trait, defensive or utility one, that would be well within bounds :3

Nice! I will have to go to sleep now, but I got some work done on my draft. Expect to hear from me tomorrow! Thanks for the acceptance. Think I will be playing an Orc, possibly Half-Orc character. Have some of the details figured out and spent my points. Onto the background when I am more conscious.
One can always use more WAAAGH! :D Oh wait, you said O-R-C orc. Well, I suppose I can hope (slightly) that the Bilgerat Bride doesn't end burnt to the ground before we're done.

Good afternoon~ It's 12.40 p.m here :3

I'm like 80% done with my CS...but it's beyond bed time now. I'll try to have it posted up tomorrow :)

Yep, you can say that~ @Gat

[ Sheet taken down by me ]

[ W.I.P. ]

Last edited:
Bob is actually quite the social carpet and is especially interested in playing with birds, but hates all felines, due to one trying to use him as a scratching post once.
Thats going to cause problems. :p

Yes I am actually in this! I do have a rough idea for a char and get a sheet up early weekend but for now it is time to sleep.

@Headphones these are the following issues with your sheet that need to be corrected.

-Your race claims to have been, in an ancient time, utilizing mana. This is a direct contradiction to established lore.

-Please fix your paragraph formatting. It is standard on forums to have a double space between all paragraphs. Not some. This is to make up for the fact that we do not have a first line indent to clearly demonstrate the beginning of a paragraph.

-The Day of Mana occurred 260 years ago. It was not caused by a thirst for knowledge. It was war, which was brought to an abrupt halt by this event.

-Mercuil did not have a demise. It is still intact, but scattered.

-Enruba suffered changes on more than just the coastlines. There are changes within the deserts as well, but not as dramatic as those witnessed within other countries.

-257 years ago boats came? Well, that's ~3 years after the events, give or take. However, wounds would still be fresh from the previously ongoing war. Most of the coastal cities will have been overrun. The one left, Selhalune, would be full of militant warriors who were just fighting tooth and nail, proving they could take on the mana fiends and would have already been underway on their walls for some time now, if they were not complete.

-Speaking of, Enrubian slavery is for criminals or indentured servants paying off debts for a contractual period of time. They would not go to another country, a free country, and enslave their people. It is a system of repayment, either to society or your debtor.

-A curse of mana? I thought it was pretty clear that Enruba worships mana.

-Mana potential is not something that can be bred. It is not a physical attribute.

-I am completely rejecting the breeding program interests with beasts from a nation.

-The vizier would have no upward momentum to go. The Grand Vizier is the only position higher asides from the Emperor, which is inherited.

-Your first trait has several different traits rolled into it. You need to scale way back on it. Depending on what you choose to go with, you have the following to fix.

-What is "The Soaring Vulture" really, I mean, how exactly does it affect magic. I need to understand what sort of spells it makes easier or more difficult, because if you have an ability that I don't actually know what it affects... Yeah.

-The physical adaptations to be perfect for surviving the desert, that would be fine if it was by itself.

-Rejected on the shapeshifting. It is included in a sphere of magic. Having full body shapeshifting included as a natural physical feat provides a large range of benefits without any actual drawbacks.

-On your eye ability, you have a catchall ability here. I would ask that you choose to either have your ability cover 1) mana, be able to see mana reserves and predict spellcasting 2) physical, be sharper at noticing the weakness of things 3) spirit, see the emotional and mental

-Lose the ability to change thickness on the rug.

-This is more my own nitpicking, but you have taken to a lot of Arabic themes and even the naming structure. Why? Did you think I meant Iran when I say Persia? Because I meant ancient Persia that had a different culture and such than what the "Modern Persia" would have. They didn't even speak Arabic. o.o

In case you were wondering, yes, I was ashamed of myself for missing some things and do admit my mistakes. Nonetheless, I shall try to reply as adequately as possible.

-Your race claims to have been, in an ancient time, utilizing mana. This is a direct contradiction to established lore.
When I mention "ancient times", I mean the time period when mostly everyone was starting to discover mana little by little, though before it became a tool of war, but the Tair ancestors weren't aware of them, since they were living in isolation. It took them a longer time to come in contact with their inner mana, in comparison to, say, humans, to the point they would have lagged behind, but nature compensated for that by granting them a quicker understanding of mana, once it was reached. I supposed that the evolution of mana awareness and usage has spanned over thousands of years, but if that's not the case I will change it.

-Please fix your paragraph formatting. It is standard on forums to have a double space between all paragraphs. Not some. This is to make up for the fact that we do not have a first line indent to clearly demonstrate the beginning of a paragraph.
The whole formatting messed up for some reason when I pasted the sheet from Google Drive and I didn't have time to change much before I was dragged had to go outside. Everything will be fixed!

And there is a code for indents.
-The Day of Mana occurred 260 years ago. It was not caused by a thirst for knowledge. It was war, which was brought to an abrupt halt by this event.
My mistake! Sorry -.-"

-Mercuil did not have a demise. It is still intact, but scattered.
I meant the former great and powerful kingdom of Mercuil when I wrote "demise".

-Enruba suffered changes on more than just the coastlines. There are changes within the deserts as well, but not as dramatic as those witnessed within other countries.
A detail that can be fixed.

-A curse of mana? I thought it was pretty clear that Enruba worships mana.
It was a metaphor.

-The vizier would have no upward momentum to go. The Grand Vizier is the only position higher asides from the Emperor, which is inherited.
Whether official or not, there would undoubtedly be competition between the Viziers in the Emperor's court.

-Lose the ability to change thickness on the rug.
I'm curious as to why. Fabrics can change their thickness and, if they had a simple consciousness, they could easily increase or decrease the distance between the threads, changing their patterns even. That's why it's a "magic carpet" XD.

-This is more my own nitpicking, but you have taken to a lot of Arabic themes and even the naming structure. Why? Did you think I meant Iran when I say Persia? Because I meant ancient Persia that had a different culture and such than what the "Modern Persia" would have. They didn't even speak Arabic. o.o
I am well aware that Persia had a culture different from that of the Caliphate's, since my own culture is connected to theirs and I have read up some information regarding both Bactria, where I believe my ancestors came from, and Persia, who eventually absorbed Bactria. As unbelievable as it sounds, I happen to like Arabic names. Call it a phase or whatever you wish, but recently I was interested in the structure of their many names and decided I wanted to use it for my character, something I had never done before. Hope it's not too much of a bother.

Other than that personal reason, the structure of Mirza's full name tracks down his linage to the first person that set foot in Enruba. It is his pedigree, but the "abd-Siavash" also signifies that he is owned by the Siavash.
-Your first trait has several different traits rolled into it. You need to scale way back on it. Depending on what you choose to go with, you have the following to fix.

-What is "The Soaring Vulture" really, I mean, how exactly does it affect magic. I need to understand what sort of spells it makes easier or more difficult, because if you have an ability that I don't actually know what it affects... Yeah.

-On your eye ability, you have a catchall ability here. I would ask that you choose to either have your ability cover 1) mana, be able to see mana reserves and predict spellcasting 2) physical, be sharper at noticing the weakness of things 3) spirit, see the emotional and mental
Unfortunately, it seems that I have indeed failed to present these abilities by using my own words, something I truly wished to do accurately. Excuse me for the confusion I have caused.

The truth is, everything from what seems like an eye ability with multiple aspects to the whole "Soaring Vulture" system is actually based around a concept developed in India, which states that there are several energy points throughout the body called chakras. While there are numerous small pools of energy distributed in and around a living being, there are seven main ones and each represents a side of both the body and the soul, as they are centres of one's true life force.
For instance, the first and most basic chakra is the Root chakra. It channels the emotional energy of one's instincts, the flight or fight response, security, self-preservation and the like, but is also responsible for the physical energy of the muscles, skeleton and the production of the adrenaline hormone.

Every chakra is shaped like a disk and glows in a specific colour, the root chakra being red for example, and, depending on their condition, those who can see them can determine a peroson's mental and physical state.
A dimmer, smaller or misshapen chakra can signal that there is a problem with either the system the specific energy point relates to or the emotional state it channels, the diagnose depending on the case at hand. The appearance of white or dark spots on the disks tell of a serious trauma the subject is suffering from, and the overshadowing of one chakra by another tells of the dominance of one set of traits and the suppression of others.
On the other hand, a bigger and brighter energy spot reveals that the person has a particularly healthy system and that their talent lies in a specific field. If the Heart chakra is large and shining bright green, then its barer is definitely a friendly, sensual and caring person, who treasures their relationships with others and strives to make them happy, but is also a stable and thoughtful person, who has a clean bill of health when it comes to their immune and circulatory systems. If the Crown chakra were the strongest, though, this would mean that the individual is a person with a spiritual gift, someone who has a special ability such as foretelling future events, seeing chakras and/or auras, energy healing and so on.

The auras, which are also part of the Indian teachings, are energy waves that are emitted from the body's energy points. Essentially, they are an energy field formed around every living being. Unlike chakras, however, they only reveal someone's emotional state and a very little bit about their spiritual level by glowing in different colours. An aura is often composed of one or two hues at a time and changes with the mood of the spirit within, flashing red when angry, turning blue when they are calm and caring, changing to orange when you are hungry and etc. There are many variations of auras, including an entirely "diamond" aura, which signifies that someone has a divine gift, yet that is not the only special tint you can have, since having indigo and/or purple in your aura also means you have spiritual connections. The last to mentioned also mean that you possess an understanding of spiritual knowledge, making you wise and enlightened on many topics.

At the end, I would like to point out that this is not a religion and I myself am not some extremist trying to preach here XD The idea of chakras is something I like, thus I decided to use them here by giving the Tair insight on the system of energy points that was hidden deep within themselves. Mana itself is simply spiritual energy, life force that would also be channelled from these "houses of power", and since auras are a result of the radiance of chakras, which shine as a result of an individual existing and using mana, everything I have listed is a result of simply being able to see the energy points of living things.

-257 years ago boats came? Well, that's ~3 years after the events, give or take. However, wounds would still be fresh from the previously ongoing war. Most of the coastal cities will have been overrun. The one left, Selhalune, would be full of militant warriors who were just fighting tooth and nail, proving they could take on the mana fiends and would have already been underway on their walls for some time now, if they were not complete.

-Speaking of, Enrubian slavery is for criminals or indentured servants paying off debts for a contractual period of time. They would not go to another country, a free country, and enslave their people. It is a system of repayment, either to society or your debtor.

-Mana potential is not something that can be bred. It is not a physical attribute.

-I am completely rejecting the breeding program interests with beasts from a nation.
While the beasts part is fair enough, none of the rest was information available to me by the time I wrote my sheet.

I had no information on how the war was carried out, nor the sate the participants were in at the time of the Day of Mana, but after an event as devastating as it was, I suspected that Mercuil was shaken so hard that whatever remained of its subjects were busy trying to survive in their new uncontrolably mana-rich environment, full of beings that could easily kill them due to mutations; and that its cities were either destroyed, partly ruined or intact, yet with varying level of stability and from little to no contact between each other, due to the violence happening beyond the walls.Under those circumstances, despite all the heroism one wished to put there, not all cities would have been able to stand a siege, not to mention that some people tend to value their own life more than their identity as part of a nation and would willingly sell themselves, so long as they could survive.

Still, the ships I mentioned in the history would have gone to Mercuil posing as saviours, declaring a truce and offering aid to those in need. Naturally, not all of the cities would have fallen for the "brothers in times of crisis" act and would have resisted, to which the Erubians would have retreated or responded with an attack, which would at times be successful, due to weakened walls, or unsuccessful, because of the strong willpower of the Mercuilans. Either way, as the one least affected by disaster to strike the world, Enruba would have recovered faster and, as a country that had previously been in a war and had the desire to bring riches into its coffers for its own further rebuilding and benefit, would not have missed the chance to grab whatever could be taken, be it living or inanimate, before its enemies got back on its feet. The greed of living things is great, especially of those high in the seats of power.

As for the slavery, I do honestly wish we could talk this over.
Slaves were a valuable working force in ancient times, a part of culture itself, and a pillar which provided security for those in charge, since all the peasants would feel glad that they were not the worst ones off and even had the chance to become masters themselves, thus they were more unlikely to rebel. Furthermore, for the sake of research and increasing their own personal might, Enruba would have needed "contaminated specimens", on which to work with and study, the best being those that could understand when told not to struggle, making slaves from Mercuil and other sights the perfect candidates.

When it comes to mana potential, again basing my statement by using the Indian ideas I had in mind, since chakras are not only energy spots for mental, but also for physical energy, it is indeed possible to pass on certain better aspects to your offspring by selective breeding, yet strengthening can also be done in the womb itself, thus it could also be said that a certain increase in power can be traced on the maternal line.

I honestly hope you're not angry with me, since I have never meant to offend you in any way possible. =3 Freedom is freedom, after all.

Last edited:
Don't incriminatingly post my name D:

Personal

Name: Lyrman Rosticault
Sex: Male
Race: Human

Appearance: Standing at 6'2" and keeping a trim frame, Lyrman is a waif of a man and it suits him just fine. His naturally light skin maintains a bit of bronzing thanks to his travels, but not enough to back up his supposed history. Soft features are curtained by flowing hair, usually dyed in garish colors and tied around with beads, feathers, and turbans.

Biography: Lyrman weaves a tapestry of a backstory for himself, which he stands by religiously, despite very few believing even a syllable of it. He claims to hail from the streets of Kor-Haptep, having descended from a family that made their fortune after relocating to Enruba. He was the heir to a large estate, being schooled in the traditional arts of gentlemanly courtship, and it was then that he discovered his talent and ear for music. Much to his family's dismay, he didn't seem to excel in much else. When he reached the age of 20 and was expected to marry a young, innocent heiress, he was found entangled in the sheets of a particularly seedy brothel and he scandalized his family name as a result. The options were simple: get a job among the religious cast and showcase a dramatic change of heart, seeking repentance and new-found purity of heart, or run away with his trousers down around his ankles.

Needless to say, the pants didn't make it out of Kor-Haptep, but he certainly did.

He adopted his stage name, choosing a surname and given name as foreign to Enruba as he could phonetically manage, and packed up every string instrument he could carry in his pack. His life as a one-man traveling show began fairly non-spectacularly. Lyrman struggled to get by, having to learn how to steal food whenever his moving adaptations of famous folksongs and heroic epics fell flat. He soon got the hang of reading his audiences and expanded from simply singing to also staging ambitious productions of local tragedies on an exceptionally tiny budget. The people began to actually look forward to his visits, and it became a profitable venture for him.

The constant traveling began to wear him down, and the "friends" he made across the map kept him from getting a good night's sleep, meaning he began to search for someone to help carry the burden of his trade. He was touring in Vossheim when he happened upon a young elf maiden, unrivaled in her grace and poise, and decided he could make a dancer out of her. He offered to show her the joys of the world outside her small town, painted a picture of lands that were ripe with opportunity and paved with gold. Little did they both know that they would end up having a protracted stay at the Bilgerat Bride, having to scrounge for food after their act had apparently fallen out of favor with the common folk.

Lyrman is desperate for adventure. Or fame. Really, he just wants to leave the inn, as he thinks he's getting bitten by bugs.

Traits

Might: 1
Arcana: 1
Guile: 8
Cognizance: 5
Will: 0

• The Ballad of the Mad King: Lyrman knows a tune, taught to him by some shifty characters along a back road, which induces confusion in his foes. While a far cry from madness, perhaps with time, he can learn to inflict more devastating mental states with this melody.
  • Eyes on Me: As an entertainer, he loves being the center of attention. He's good at it, too, being able to draw focus from enemies away from an ally in danger more successfully than anyone else. As a coward and a horrid fighter, though, he only uses this talent when he knows someone has his back.
  • Bed Hopper: Being a homeless rover isn't always all bad. In fact, if one plays their cards right, one can spend many a night with very attractive people in a plush bed with a meal, for free. Lyrman is quite the prodigy when it comes to the art of seduction, so any time he attempts to lay on the charm on someone else, it has a high chance of succeeding.

Personal

Name: Otel Pence
Age: 72 (Just barely an adolescent in terms of human lifespan)
Sex: Female
Race: Elf

Appearance: Much like her traveling companion, Otel is a very slender individual, though she stands a full foot shorter than Lyrman at 5'2". She has strawberry blonde hair that she enjoys keeping in loose braids or otherwise tied up, always making sure to keep the long ears that are emblematic of her race on display. She has white skin, crystal clear blue eyes, and a very subtle way of movement about her, though she is always moving.

Biography: Born in the woods of Vossheim, Otel was one of many elf children brought up in the old ways. She was taught about nature, trained in the arts of their native weapons, and fed by their tales. The elves of Vossheim had long been a peaceful race, very willing to deal with humans to trade for resources, and so many of the children Otel's age soon wanted to experience life in the cities. Otel had no such desire and instead put all of her effort into dance. She longed to portray the stories of her culture with movement and it seemed there were infinite tales to tell with each new move she learned. Otel used a blade as an extension of her choreography, as well as evoking the fairies of the woods to create a spectacular light show to go along with her routine.

She had no great drive to tour the world with her skills, but that would soon change. A young human man had noticed her dance and invited her to come along with him as he entertained the masses. The elf was perplexed and initially declined the offer. Otel tried to go about her business as if nothing had happened, but she continually felt a nagging question bubbling up in her mind. What if this was the reason she had practiced for all those years? What if her stories were no longer meant only for elven eyes and ears? She sought of Lyrman (and he wasn't hard to find, not when the elves were being such wonderful paragons of hospitality) and took him up on his offer.

The two of them soon became partners, and he began to compose melodies that suited her natural grace. It seemed like the perfect team. She got to spread her talents and he got to make more money, plus Otel was a much more skilled fighter than he'd ever be, so she constantly saved him from being robbed by highwaymen. As time went on and fewer people found their act to be as novel as it once was, she ended up alongside Lyrman in the Bilgerat Bride. Her optimism is far from shaken up, however, and she is sure whatever Lyrman leads her into next will be just as exciting as the first day they met.

Traits

Might: 6
Arcana: 3
Guile: 0
Cognizance: 1
Will: 5

• Woodland Fairies: Otel can summon sprites, which are small, brilliantly shining fae-folk, to help her on her quest. They are no use for anything corporeal, such as fighting, but their glow can easily illuminate dark places or blind an enemy. If in a natural setting, these sprites have a very good chance of knowing the path needed to easily navigate their surroundings.
  • Grace Unparalleled: Even for an elf, she is known to have good balance and coordination. This makes acrobatic tasks easier for her to perform. She is much better at dodging and navigating difficult terrain than her comrades, meaning she makes for a wonderful scout.
  • Blade of the Four Seasons: In her native tongue, the sword she carries is called Fheltuasr or "four-seasons sword". It is slim and ornamental, but when magic is focused into it, it can take on four different forms. The lightest form, the spring blade, is the one she almost always uses and it acts as a conduit for wind spells. She is also capable of evoking the form of the winter blade, a fragile ice-coated sword which serves less for combat and more as a powerful catalyst for spells of water and ice.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Headphones I have told you the changes that needed to be done and an outline of what can be done. I would appreciate you quit trying to change the lore that has been established and how the mechanics of my world operate.

I reiterate. Mana was not accessible by mortal men until after the Day of Mana. This has already been stated in the first post as a side-effect of it. It was not sudden discovery of it. It was a change in the very nature of people caused by the mana blight.

It is not a physical, inherited trait. It cannot be bred for. That is not how it occurs in this world.

If you are a slave, you are either a criminal or paying off your (or your family's) debts.

You have not explained how the Soaring Vulture makes certain spells easier and some harder IF YOU CHOOSE THIS AS YOUR ABILITY. I would need to know what magics are easier and harder.

If you go with the chakra eyes, they need to apply to magical, physical, or emotional/mental. I would have you start with one and discover the others during the course of the rp.

It is already a magic carpet in that it can fly and has been bestowed low intelligence while being able to strangle people. That's why its a magic carpet.

I'm not trying to be an ass. I'm not angry. I honestly feel a little bad that what seems like a lot of work went into this.

@norePly well, that's fine. Best wishes. I hope things straighten out for you.

One can always use more WAAAGH! :D Oh wait, you said O-R-C orc. Well, I suppose I can hope (slightly) that the Bilgerat Bride doesn't end burnt to the ground before we're done.
Haha. Well no promises. Still a work in progress, got some more stuff done. I shall be back tomorrow night.

Imma keep an eye on this for a bit before I try something.

[fieldbox="Personal, maroon, dashed, 10"]

Name: Neriah Glaeborne
Sex: Female
Race: Half-elf
Appearance: Neriah stands a bit taller than average, with a long slender frame very close to that of an elf. Her complexion is almost comparable to alabaster drawing a sharp contrast to her intensely red hair. This sets off her smokey amber-toned eyes that tend to stare out with a stoic expression.

Aside from typical travel gear, she carries a plain dirk at her hip and almost always travels with a hood and cloak of some kind.

Biography:
Neriah has lived her life knowing nothing beyond the misty woods of the Baelmyst. She was born the only child to a single mother, never once getting the chance to meet the man who granted her elvish heritage. Though, she's never seemed to mind this fact. Her childhood was fairly normal for the area, but she was always a little slower at making any friends. She tended to be more subdued and melancholy than her possible playmates, which garnered some teasing, none of which seemed to bother her. Neriah was always drifting off into her own little world.

Neriah's mother, Lori, was well-known adept tracker. She could track down hard to find resources in the mists, and sometimes manage to find people who had wandered too far into them. Lori wasn't often successful in rescuing anyone, but the fact that she could even try brought some brief reassurance and hope to the loved-ones left behind.

As Neriah grew older, Lori decided to try and teach her the art. Neriah did not seem to possess the gift for it at first. Her mother was not deterred, always saying she saw promise if her daughter would simply focus. And this soon proved true, but at a cost.

Lori began to show signs of becoming sick. It started with a persistent cough that turned into a wheezing, which she passed off as something that would soon pass. Very worried, a new level of attention stirred in Neriah. What had taken seasons for her to understand, she quickly began to master within mere weeks. And none too soon, for as her mother drew close to teaching her the more advanced lessons, her ability to teach ended.

Her mother succumbed to the Dreamer's Disease. Lori had fallen into permanent sleep. Neriah finally woke up.

Suddenly Neriah found herself completely on her own, and for a time buried herself into practicing all that her mother had taught her. It helped distract her from the torrent of emotions that threatened to overwhelm her. Though, as her new reality began to fully settle in, it became clear that she needed to do something in order to support herself. And while being decently skilled at tracking, she was in no way as good as her mother. Life would now need to fill the role of her instructor.

With her mother now gone, and her self-training reaching a wall, Neriah decided it was time to leaver her home. She hoped that something would land her way to give her some new direction to follow. However, she ended up spending years town hopping aimless, and barely making enough to get by. Eventually, she ended up in a smaller city near Fort Xandra, named Khern. Here she remained until she received a parcel with a letter from home. It was from the doctor who had been caring for her mother. He explained that after going through the last of her mother's things, he found something that was addressed to her. Lori had left her with a special pair of earrings which would aid their wearer in the mists.

She quickly left Khern and began hunting down for another tracker who might be able to finish her training. Her hunt led her to a few different places when she heard a rumor of a tracker to be found in Port Neworth.
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Traits, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]
Might: 0
Arcana: 3
Guile: 6
Cognizance: 2
Will: 4

Ancestral Grace: Neriah has a measure of the grace of movement blessed to the elves. She generally can tumble out of the way from harm with poise, and can perform some small feats of acrobatics in a pinch; though, these may be nothing to look at, and would certainly make her full-blooded kin sneer with mild contempt. She also walks with a much lighter gait than any human, leaving barely visible footprints wherever she goes.

Vitrum Sonus: These glass earrings grant the ability to hear almost any sound within a 20 meter radius to their wearer. The clarity of sound makes it seem as though the far off noises are occurring right before the user, which to the untrained tends to cause confusion and in some cases paranoia.

In addition to this, when the wearer uses mana on the earrings they have two abilities they can tap into:

• Should they wish to use a larger some of mana-energies, they can "hear" the surface thoughts of one target. The target is unaware of this, and all the user can generally glean is the other's mood and most pressing desires.
  • With a much smaller amount of mana, the user can hear through solid objects, such as a wall or a door, when they press their ear to it.
Insomniac: When Neriah's mother came down with the Dreamer's Disease, Neriah seemed to catch something of the opposite effect. She no longer seemed able to remain asleep for longer than a couple hours at most, and she found that this reduced sleep made no detrimental affects on her. In fact she now maintains an almost annoying level of alertness until she ritualistically puts herself into a sort of trance-like rest.

The positive flip-side to this condition is that it's extremely difficult for any form of sleep spell or enchantment to work on her. On the rare occasion that it does, it takes much longer to enact and never lasts as long as it's supposed to.[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
^this

@Tempest
Anyways, read through all the lore now and I got actually two ideas. Let me see where I go with this. I do however also have some questions! There is already a lot of some lore yadda yadda but there's still stuff left for our interpretation, right owo?
The people affected by the Dream Disease, unless their race is something that can be 300+ years old and are taken care of by others died by now I assume? Or did they magically stop aging and stuff too?
Mercitul is cliché japan-ish/chinese? Reading about Daimyo's and those chineseish(?) houses.
How does poverty look in Enruba?
Are there mana-fiends that show something like an conscience or intelligence?

Last edited:
Those from Dreamer's Disease inevitably die within a period. The resources to maintain people long care in a comatose state like that isn't there.

Yes, Mercuil is cliché chinese and japanese stuff : P

Uh, there would be a serf class and they'd basically be the hard laborers. Even with the harsh punishment, you would have some criminals who try to make up for their lives. Others fall into the debt trap to make ends meet. : < While they are viewed and treated a bit better than slaves, its not much... The lines between classes are very clearly divided in Enruba.

There are in fact mana fiends who show intelligence.

@mkvibe looks good so far.

@Rain of the Night oi, bugger just wriggling on in here aren't you? *grins* I need to get a tag up saying player sign-ups are closing, lol. Get a sheet up.

Y'all are gonna give me a run for my money... But I think I can manage it. >:3

That said, when we get started, there is nothing saying the players have to stick together. I would prefer keeping to tops 2-3 separate groups, but whatever happens o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.