The Coming of Mana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those from Dreamer's Disease inevitably die within a period. The resources to maintain people long care in a comatose state like that isn't there.

Yes, Mercuil is cliché chinese and japanese stuff : P

Uh, there would be a serf class and they'd basically be the hard laborers. Even with the harsh punishment, you would have some criminals who try to make up for their lives. Others fall into the debt trap to make ends meet. : < While they are viewed and treated a bit better than slaves, its not much... The lines between classes are very clearly divided in Enruba.

There are in fact mana fiends who show intelligence.

@mkvibe looks good so far.

@Rain of the Night oi, bugger just wriggling on in here aren't you? *grins* I need to get a tag up saying player sign-ups are closing, lol. Get a sheet up.

Y'all are gonna give me a run for my money... But I think I can manage it. >:3

That said, when we get started, there is nothing saying the players have to stick together. I would prefer keeping to tops 2-3 separate groups, but whatever happens o.o
They die pretty soonish? Rip char motivation to find a cure :V
How long do they live? I just assume they die from thirst? So not long at all ._.

And poverty I mean it more like are there (huge) slums with lotsa crime and people are actually living on the streets or is it 'literally' paradise where outside of slaves there is pretty much no poverty at all(Crime, of course, is a difference. Or is that rather rare too)? Or can I just imagine the diversion like one hundred and one nights/arabia kind of thing?

They die pretty soonish? Rip char motivation to find a cure :V
How long do they live? I just assume they die from thirst? So not long at all ._.

And poverty I mean it more like are there (huge) slums with lotsa crime and people are actually living on the streets or is it 'literally' paradise where outside of slaves there is pretty much no poverty at all(Crime, of course, is a difference. Or is that rather rare too)? Or can I just imagine the diversion like one hundred and one nights/arabia kind of thing?
Ah, a couple of days, most likely, no more than a week. A few cases, like with a life mage or in Enruba with manatech might have found a way to prolong it a bit longer, but no more than a month.

Uh, feel free to come up with something and I'll work with you. Sorry, just feeling really sick right now and hadn't put too much thought into the social striation, ya know? : P

I think I want to be an elderly wizard. Can I be an elderly wizard? Or young wizard. Or just whatever. Can I also have a fluffy clydesdale unicorn?

I have come to terms with my desires, and I wish to be a Mage's Bodyguard (Especially trained for the defense of a wizard employer) that is currently looking for good work and employer.

I think I want to be an elderly wizard. Can I be an elderly wizard? Or young wizard. Or just whatever. Can I also have a fluffy clydesdale unicorn?
You can be old. Or young. Or a youthful old guy. o.o

If a fluffy clydesdale is what appeals to you, then vary well, just invest a trait into it appropriately.

I think this magnificence is worthy of investment.

black_mountain_unicorn_by_sandara-d63khjs.jpg

As someone who does not have a fondness or appreciation for unicorns.... damn thats some good art of a unicorn.

And my day ended up being way more busy than anticipated. I see the clarification on the dreamer's disease and will adjust my bio accordingly!

cov_20.jpg
Personal

Name: Blaine Redhawk
Sex: Male
Race: Human

Appearance & Description: Blaine is rather tall for a human, standing at about 190cm in height. He isn't all that muscular though as he is lean, the body of someone who eats well though does not do heavy exercise. His head is completely shaved smooth though his black facial hair is clean and cut, only a few specks of grey. He has the look of someone who has aged relatively well. He has a taste for the finer things in life as he wears expensive clothing of silks, satin and other fine materials. He may wear fine chainmail as well for protection but wear it underneath his regalia or make it compliment it.

Redhawk is a very proud man as he did not have any advantages over the years studying magic and gained all his power through hard work. He has some distaste for those with natural affinity or racial prowess over magic as the human way is the hard default way. "Those who are handed power without work have no right to have it" is a personal philosophy of his. He has deep respect for hard workers though and not just those in the field of magic.

Secretly, Blaine cares little for religion. He is his own god and answers only to himself though he keeps a straight enough face when speaking about it.

Biography: Blaine Redhawk has lived an eventful life. He was born to a family of bakers in Baelmyst. Didn't have much coin but he was taken well care of until his talent for the arcane showed themselves. He lived within Fort Xandra and though he would no longer help his parents, his mother and father reluctantly complied and let him go for studies, not knowing how long until he would return. He might also become a revered sorcerer and donate his earnings to his parents. He was eight years old at the time and would not return until he'd be twenty. His parents were near strangers at the time but he greeted them and held them close as any person's desire for a family connection would. He had spent all the years studying all that he could on magic, theoretical and practical applications and tirelessly practiced. Some may have feared his status as a wizard though there were enough people that valued the council of a magic user and would pay for his work and advice.

This would be one of the few times he would see his parents as his life as he would tirelessly pursue for magical knowledge to further his power. He abandoned his given family name and go by the name of Redhawk as he had a fondness for both the birds themselves and red attire.

During his time exploring the civil parts of Vossheim, twenty-two at the time, he encountered a fellow mage named Rosaline. They were of similar age and joined one another in studying and debating with one another in theoretical metaphysics of magic. They would form a connection, a romantic one and spend nights in the same bed. Rosaline however did not wish to travel away from Vossheim while Blaine did not see any benefit in staying, that more knowledge was on the horizon and he needed to get there. They left one another after over a year of romantic relationship.

He would further explore Vossheim as a whole and returned to Baelmyst, going further across the sea to Enruba where he would learn the alien culture and its language. He arrived when he was in his mid thirties and met more people he would call at most friends and lovers. His life would become as such, no real relationships of substantial length and his head in his goal for power until reaching his current age.

A major footnote in his history happened when he returned to Vossheim at the age of forty. There he was in the northern provinces and upon the mountains he made a connection with the entities there, reaching the spirit he dubbed Ranger. Ranger was an inquisitive spirit, as part of the Vossheim cold north wind he wanted to see what other regions were like. A simple deal was made between Redhawk and Ranger and the spirit became the wizards bound companion and a constant in his life.

Traits

Might: 1
Arcana: 7
Guile: 2
Cognizance: 3
Will: 3

Unique1: Magic Versed - Blaine is very well learned in most things magical, practical and theoretical. Through his years he has studied multiple languages to easier understand written texts on magic. The application for herbs, medicine and alchemy interests him and will study both flora and fauna that are magically touched.
Unique2: Ranger - Blaine has a contract with a certain wind spirit which takes the physical form of a big and strong black unicorn with a wild mane. He is swift, swifter than a natural horse and doesn't tire out easily. Is a mighty steed indeed for this old wizard. Ranger also takes an additional form of a hawk of the same coloration. This is the most common form that Blaine calls on the spirit and sometimes results in strange looks as the hawk is black and his name being Redhawk.
Unique3: Grimoire of the Universalist - A large and thick tome he carries around similar to a satchel. This time is a collection of Redhawk's own work on magic of spells he learned through his lifetime. Methods of enchantments, evocation alternatives and more theories that are put in simple terms before expanding into something more advanced. It is his personal treasure and adorned to his own personal belief. The cover is of thick and adorned with silver and locked. The cover itself is engraved with gold in the image of a pentagram with a blue eye shaped jewel in a socket in the center. It is locked with a key-less lock and only a command word and a drop of Redhawk's blood will open it. On the spine it is hooked with a fine strap and chains and is deceptively heavy for those who are not welcomed to carry it. Blaine can easily find a desired page for a certain spell, like his mind is the appendix, and cast a spell quicker and more efficiently than from memory when it comes to more complicated spells. No type of magic is in his favor as all are equal no matter how minor of depraved in the eye of society.

Many of the secrets that Blaine encountered and uncovered are within the tome, among it apparently the secret of an ascension to godhood. Much of it is still enigmatic so Redhawk is unable to achieve the knowledge required to understand it completely.

Last edited:

• Name: Jorrosa The Broken
    Race: Human

Biography: From the youngest of ages, Jorrosa wasn't a lucky soul. Born last in a series of twelve children, he was the most likely to suffer death than the others, since the mother and father cared less for this little child than those who were becoming something. It was so bad that he had been traded for money, a very poor choice if they would have known what he would have become.

From the first week of his purchase, he was set into a strict regime, forming him into this emotionless, cold machine of combat. His purpose hadn't yet been chosen, but he had grown more powerful than what they expected when they bought him. He was taken off, just like a few other tougher men, to be beaten, broken and forged harshly into the art of the Iron skin. Most didn't even survive the treatment, though Jorrosa had proven their purchasers wrong again. They noticed his special capacity to regenerate wounds during the night, being taken back for a beating the next day without severe of injuries.

This continued until he came of age, where he was sent to defend the valuable mages they had. With his newly forged attitude and former training with weaponry and the Iron Skin art, he was the best Guardian one could ask for. And so, he served many mages for the most of his life. The last man died while he survived… So he sought out another employer, another master to listen to… And this is when he left for the ports.
  • Might: 4
    Arcana: 0
    Guile: 1
    Will: 7

Fractures of the Broken: For one to defend a Mage, one needs to suffer the wounds for him, take the hits that would normally vanquish him. In so, this guardian was forged to resist the hardiest of hits. It began with a simple art called Iron Skin. Hit, bruised and whipped repeatedly at a younger age, it solidified his bone, strengthen his tolerance to tortures and pains and made him much more resilient as a whole.

Gift of the Broken: No one can really explain how Jorrosa gained this particular ability, but it certainly came to be noticed by those the mage who hired him. Wounds from this man regenerate at an incredible rate, leaving gashing to be completely scarred over in a span of 24 hours. Fractures were even said to heal at an incredible pace. Some say it's magical, other say it a defect of his birth… No one truly knows. Jorrosa himself doesn't question it. Though these effects aren't seen immediately, it is usually after a night of rest or long-term simple activities that this is the most prone to working.

Battle-Born: By how he was raised and the culture he came from Jorrosa was trained to wield a variety of weapons, shields and armors. Switching to another weapon usually doesn't make him unfamiliar or unskilled in their use (exceptions being specialty weapons).

Last edited by a moderator:
PERSONAL
Name:
Aliquipiso, the Wanderer, Descendant of the Guardian of the Woods
Race: Lycanthrope
Appearance: Aliquipiso (or Alika) stands at an above average 2.16 m or 7'1". Her tall muscular frame and serious dark brown eyes make for an intimidating appearance. Her long grey hair is usually seen tied back in a simple ponytail braid, and her bangs are held back and to the sides with a drab leather headband that matches the shade of her attire. Over her regular attire (as seen in the image), Alika wears a dear-skin tunic. In addition, she carries rudimentary weapons on her person: a tomahawk; a long knife; a stone club; and a composite bow.

BIOGRAPHY
Alika belongs to a tribe of natives that is nearly extinct. These natives make their home in the mist covered forests of Baelmyst --they are the descendants of the Guardian of the Wood. She was taught to hunt with bow and spear at an early age, bringing down her first grizzly bear at the mere age of seven. While the spear and bow are primarily the tools for hunting, the tomahawk, club and knife are the tribe's weapons of war. When Alika was sixteen years of age, Kana'ti (Alika's grandfather and the tribe's chief), asked her to leave the Baelmyst forests in search of answers for what was behind the disturbance in the mana, and perhaps to once again bring balance. This was a tradition that began shortly after the coming of mana, and to bare this burden was the highest privilege. The bearers of this task were never seen again. Now thirty-seven, Alika has yet to return home with answers. Her search continues.

TRAITS
Might:
Guile: 0
Cognizance: 5
Will: 5

UNIQUE ABILITIES
The Wolf Unchained
- Alika can transform into a half-man/half-wolf hybrid creature which augments all her physical attributes and her sense of smell. In her transformed state, she is almost eleven feet tall when standing fully upright. She could probably stay in this form indefinitely if she chose to, but the longer she stays in it, the greater the likelihood that he will lose control. And then the Wolf takes over. Obviously, it's not wise for her to keep the Wolf unchained for long. Only in dire circumstances would Alika use such a power for more than a few minutes in day. Unfortunately, on nights with a full moon, regardless of cloudiness or being indoors, Alika's transformation is involuntary --the Wolf takes over, completely. [GM takes over/dictates action of the Wolf when it takes over.]

Tongue of the Sun and Moon - Alika can communicate with nature's creatures (limited to mammals, reptiles and sentient plant life) through a form of extra sensory perception that is somehow connected to the spirits of the land. Alika can't use this unique ability to communicate with humanoids, and she can't read the minds of animals either nor does her form of mind-speak register to mind reading creatures. This extraordinary ability even allows her to communicate with higher order plants. Simply because Alika can understand and communicate with animals, and they with her, does not mean they will have anything useful to say or will listen to her requests. A hungry lion is still a hungry lion, so to ask it to desist its attack would likely have no effect on the lion's urge to sate its hunger.

Aspect of the Beast - This unusual ability of Alika's allows her to commune with beast spirits (limited to mammals and reptiles), to borrow so called aspects from them. If Alika meditates for a turn, she can take on the aspect of any of beast, e.g. she could take on the aspect of the porcupine, making her hair or fur harden and stand up on edge like needles; the aspect of the owl to increase her visual acuity in the night; the aspect of the gecko allows her to traverse sheer surfaces as a gecko does. This list goes on; however, Alika can only take on one aspect at a time, and certain aspects she can only make use of when the Wolf is Unchained.

Personal
Name
: Jerrek
Race: Orc
Appearance:
While out in the wilds Jerrek makes sure to never be caught without his armor donned and weapons by his side. A folded twelve foot chain dangles from the right side of his belt, clattering against his armor as he walks. An axe and a sword, both intended to be held in one hand, are securely strapped down onto a small pack that Jerrek carries on his back. On Jerrek's left side a small buckler is held securely in place.

Once inside city walls or a secured town Jerrek allows himself to relax. Instead of armor Jerrek dons loose fitting clothes consisting of dark colors, a belt, his traveler boots, and his white gloves. If the laws permit it he will still carry his weapons.

Biography:
As a young child Jerrek was raised like any other member of the Kayagara Clan. His father and mother made sure to train him and his five siblings in the art of fighting with many different weapons. Being that both his parents were warriors it was only expected that Jerrek and his siblings follow suit. While all of his siblings learned how to fight only two of them became warriors. This surprised his parents as well as those in the clan privy to this information. His sister, the oldest child, and Jerrek, the middle child, developed a strong bond as a result of their chosen lifestyle. Sparring frequently and working together the two pushed each other to become stronger.

Once Jerrek grew old enough for his proving trial at the age of thirteen, when an Orc is considered an adult, he ventured south to the Trenlow Sound with a small group of fighters. Using the weapon of his great grandfather, a twelve foot spiked chain wielded with a pair of thick leather gloves, Jerrek assisted in the slaying of his first fiend. After bringing back news of such his father gave Jerrek the gloves his great grandfather had made, the Gloves of the Ghoul.

Two years later Jerrek and his older sister, Grendella, left the safety of the growing Kayagara Clan to seek adventure. Together the two of them traveled collecting small trinkets to remind them of their ventures. On one fateful day Jerrek was approached by a city cat after purchasing a meal. Immediately taking a liking to the creature Jerrek lovingly called it "Kitten" and shared his food with it. After this Kitten traveled with Jerrek and Grendella. On his eighteenth birthday they returned home to be with family. Deciding that the calls of adventure were to great Jerrek left Kayagara and his sister behind. With Kitten as his companion the Orc set out for Port Neworth.

Traits
Might: 7
Guile: 1
Will: 4

Unique1: Blood-lust: It is said that Orcs are most dangerous when corned and about to die. This is more than a rumor. Orcs who have been greatly injured enter into an enraged state as new found energy surges through them in a last ditch effort to kill before being killed.
Unique2: Gloves of the Ghoul: A pair of stained off white gloves made of thick leather with black fur trim. The skin once belonged to a hideous creature of magic whose touch would leave even the most seasoned of warriors exhausted. His great grandfather killed this creature and made its hide into large gloves fit for an Orc. The gloves retain some magical energies from the creature it originated from. If the outside of the gloves are touched fatigue will begin to build at a noticeable rate. The effect is powerful enough that it extends through held objects of reasonable size.
Unique3: Kitten: A normal alley cat that has taken a liking to Jerrek while seemingly hating everything and everyone else. She has the inexplicable immunity to all Mana based spells and effect.
-To clarify, no magical spells or effects harm or alter Kitten in any way good or bad. This by no means extends beyond the cat itself.
The Kayagara Clan

The Kayagara Clan was once a powerful and well known tribe of Orcs that made their homes in the Albraz Cordilla mountain range to the south of the Trenlow Sound. Some time before the Day of Mana the Kayagara Clan had created a large city using a network of pre-existing natural tunnels as foundation. The Kayagara Clan continued to gain respect and numbers as smaller tribes were united under the Kayagara banner. A key to their success was the surprising amount of organization, planning, and trade that the Clan had. While raising strong warriors the Kayagara Clan seldom went to war with races other than Orcs and their doors were almost always open for trade. However citizens of the Kayagara Clan must be Orc or Half-Orc those without Orc blood were treated as inferior but recognized as intellectual creatures and possible allies.

After the Day of Mana everything in the mountains began to change. At first Kayagara stood with the other peoples of the mountain sending some of their finest warriors to aid their allies against these new threats. As the situation became more serious orders were given for all warriors to return to the Kayagara city. For the first time in a long time the Clan shut its doors to all outsiders and barred down in an attempt to wait out this chaos. In time they too were overrun, forced to use a secret passage that lead out towards the Trenlow Sound.

Wounded, hungry, and tired the couple hundred of remaining Kayagara clan members stood with their backs to their former home. A mere shadow of what they once were the Clan ventured forth into the world leaving the mountains behind. From there some members of the Clan slowly broke away as the Tribe looped around the Trenlow Sound on foot in search of a new home.

Finally, two hundred years after the day of mana, the remaining Kayagara clan had found a new home between the Ogdyn Sea and the Trenlow Sound. The waters were not dangerous like that of the Sound and the Clan did their best to forge new alliances in these lands. The Kayagara clan had survived hoping that one day they will reach their former glory.

Current number of Kayagara citizens: 148

I am not really sure and cannot tell what sort of powerplay we are going for here.

I am not really sure and cannot tell what sort of powerplay we are going for here.
You're a bit stronger than the average person, you've picked up a few things or been blessed with them. Not the end-all be-all of power, though. If that helps?

Added a few things to the sheet, should be doing last Unique and Bio sometime tomorrow

Where do you guys find your images for your character's appearance? Or do you draw them yourselves?

I'm having trouble trying to think of what Neriah should look like...

@mkvibe Google Images man, best place.

What do you need for your character? I can possibly help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.