The College Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ran giggled at being called a dweeb, and then waved in the distance. Sure enough, there was the drop dead gorgeous man, leaning against a slick black sports car. He turned to look at them and flashed them a grin, showing off his amazingly white, and straight, set of teeth. "Hey ladies." He greeted as they came closer. He then opened the door to his car for them. "Ready to go?"

Ran was squeezing Bailey's arm a little, silently fangirling. Then, she happily slipped into the back seat, "Boy, am I ever!" She closed the door behind her, leaving Bailey no choice but to sit shotgun. Kyle opened that door for her, and she can feel his gaze on her, examining her from head to toe.

She nearly choked when she saw what Kyle was leaning against. That car was like the icing on the cake. The nerves disappeared and suddenly she was back to her regular self. She could totally handle this. Hot guy, sports car, best friend in the back seat. Wait, back seat? Like she was shotgun? Absolute plotter. "Absolutely." Bailey said, flashing a playful smile at Kyle as he opened the door for her.

Kyle's rather obvious once over was kind of reassuring in a strange way. Bailey glanced back at Ran and pulled a rather goofy face before Kyle got into his side of the car. "He has a freakin' sports car." She whispered excitedly, but was quiet as soon as Kyle got in.

Ran nodded excitedly, feeling up the leather of the seats. Her eyes were wide, and she was doing everything in her power not to just squeal with excitement.

Kyle started up the engine and turned around to back up the car from the parking space. Afterwards, he turned to Bailey a bit. "So, your dress looks great on you." He said confidently, "Are you use to the club scene?"

The mutual excitement between the girls was one of the major indicators of why they were such good friends. Bailey looked over the leather seats and was paying attention to the incredible rev of the engine as it started.

Kyle spoke and she diverted her full attention to him, glad that the light in the car was low. His compliment had made her cheeks turn pink, and she really hoped he couldn't see that. "Oh, thank you! No, actually this is one of my first times going to the club." She answered honestly, rather than making a complete fool of herself in front of him in pretending to know something she didn't. "Do you go often?"

Kyle raised an eyebrow a little, a small smirk across his features. "Yeah, it's pretty cool. I'll show you the ropes." He then looked over at them, now realizing something. "Do you both have an ID that says over 21?"

Ran grinned excitedly, answering "Yes! Of course," despite being only 19 herself. She then winked over at Bailey, "And Bailey has one too." Ran reached into her tiny little purse and took out an ID, handing it over to Bailey. Kyle looked over at them, a little suspicion in his eyes, but he just gave a small chuckle and said against it. "Good."

Hoping she hadn't just ruined her chance with him, Bailey glanced back at Ran for a second. "Sounds good to me." She told him, making sure to smile at him. He asked about IDs and Bailey just waited for Ran to interject. She'd been threatened with the idea of getting fakes more than once and had never followed through.

Ran to the rescue, as she assured him that they did in fact have fakes. Bailey took hers and when Kyle looked at them suspiciously she feigned innocence and shrugged. It wasn't like fakes were anything new in a college town, and if she didn't know any better, this thing was real. Ran's guy was good, she gave her that.

Soon enough, they were in front of a club. Despite the weather being freezing, there was a long line of excited 'young adults' all standing around. Kyle parked wherever he found an available spot. "Here we are." He grinned over to the two girls, but his eyes particularly remained on Bailey the longest, "Welcome, to one of the best night of your lives."

Despite the crowd, Kyle managed to find a spot that was relatively close to the club entrance, so they didn't have to walk far in the cold. He also did not walk to the end of the line. Oh no, the confident man walked to the very front of the line, and he looked back to wink at Bailey. "Hey, John. Mind letting me and my friends through?" He smiled at the bouncer.

John, a tall, gruff and rather muscular man just looked down at Kyle. For a moment, John glared at the three of them, but after Kyle's super smile, John melted and smiled back. Kyle tamed the beast. John nodded but then looked at the two girls. "ID." He stated simply.

Ran held up her IDs happily, a little amazed at Kyle's ability. She whispered into Bailey's ears. "Did you see that?!"

The line was long already and Bailey nearly winced at the thought of standing in the cold. Waiting to get in was not something she was looking forward to doing. She smiled back at him, curious about his promise of it being one of the best nights of their lives. Were clubs really that great? Well... with Kyle? Maybe it really would be.

They scored a decent parking spot, close enough to the building that their walk through the cold would be cut short. When Kyle didn't lead them to the end of the line, instead straight up to the guy holding the rope, she was both surprised and a little skeptical. Was he really going to accomplish anything here? She bit her lip and blushed at the wink flashed in her direction. He was smooth.

John just glared for a solid minute before he smiled back at the handsome man beside her. Bailey held up her ID as well, playing it cool. John barely looked at them before he waved them into the club. "I did see that. Did you see that?" She whispered back, hoping Kyle wouldn't notice the obvious fangirling going on beside him. It was almost too good to be true.

"Yes, m'ladies, I did just do that." Kyle grinned, placing his hand on their shoulders and leading them in. "I've got my connections." He did not seemed phase by their disbelief, and actually seemed quite amused by it.

The inside is everything you expect a club to be. Dark with blinding lights. Loud with music and people. And boy, was it crowded. Ran looked around, she's been to a few clubs here and there, but never got a chance to go into one of the more popular ones. Kyle, on the other hand, walked through the place as though he owned it.

Ran touched Bailey's arm a bit when Kyle was a little out of ear shot, "I'm going to go explore. I'll give you a chance to be with the hot king alone!" She said - rather loudly so Bailey can hear through the music. And with that, she disappeared into the waves of people. Kyle stood in front of the bar, looking over at Bailey, watching her and waiting for her to come over.

"Yes, yes you did." His arrogance was actually kind of charming in the way he tended to use it. He was nearly laughing at them, and while it was odd to think about, she was kind of amused herself. They were in such awe of this guy and half of it was just looks alone. Probably more than half.

The club was a lot to take in, but Bailey didn't feel like an outsider in the incredibly crowded room. If anything, she was comfortable in her own skin. It was the one on one that would get to her. Kyle was walking through the room like a king, while Ran and Bailey were taking it all in, well aware of it's newness.

Kyle was a little ways ahead of them, and Ran called over the music that she was going exploring. She nodded, flashing a brave smile. "Have fun!" She called back, making her way to the bar to stand beside Kyle where he was waiting for her. Bailey was amazed at how well the guy fit in here. He looked completely at home in front of the bar. "Hey," She said, loud enough that he could hear it. Oh, here came the awkwardness.

Kyle chuckled, "Hey. Long time no see?" He asked a bit playfully, then ordered them something light to drink. He handed Bailey a glass and too a sip himself. He kept his eyes on her, and it was as if Bailey had his full undivided attention. "I'm glad you were able to make it out here tonight. I thought you would have liked to ... study, or something." As he said the words study, Bailey can completely hear the personal distaste in his voice, though he quickly recovered himself. "Not that it's a bad thing if you were doing it. It's great to see an ambitious gal."

She didn't mind him ordering for her, and accepted the drink with a quiet thanks. Well, as quiet as you could really be in this place. She took a sip and found she liked whatever it was. She gave him her full attention when he began to speak, though. "Nah.. I generally go out with friends at night.." He didn't seem to have a good taste in his mouth when he mentioned studying. He backtracked a bit and made it clear that he wouldn't judge if she had opted to study. "Studying is one of those things that you're kinda forced to do. Thank you, college." She said with a small shrug.

He grinned a bit at the comment of college, "Doesn't stop you from living your life, now does it?"

He then stood up, placing his drink back down on the counter, and held out his hand to take hers. "Mind if I have a dance?" He asked, grinning the entire way. Kyle was still as confident as ever, and did not seem nervous about asking Bailey. He certainly did not think of the possibility of every being rejected. He was rather use to getting what he wanted.

"It'd be silly if it did." She commented. If it stopped you from living, was there really much of a point to begin with?

She took another sip, setting her drink down so she could take his extended hand. He was so sure of himself. The confidence was just adding to the hotness that seemed to ooze from his pores. "Hmm.. I suppose." She said, more playful than thoughtful. He probably wasn't the kind of guy who dealt with rejection very much, if ever. It was kind of intense. Bailey was an opinionated girl, so she had to hope he could handle being told no from time to time.

He laughed at her half-agreement, and wrapped his hand around hers. "You won't regret it, promise." He led her off to the middle of the dance floor.

A popular pop song was playing, and the dance floor was crowded with moving bodies. Kyle joined in on the dance, but he kept his attention on Bailey. He was leading her through the dance, almost like a modern day waltz (except, with more suggestive movements, and less structured moves). Although many girls would often try to lead Kyle astray, he never left Bailey's side.

Ran is right, it was as if Bailey truly became Cinderella for the night.

She didn't take his promise for granted, and she followed him to the floor. He didn't settle for the outside, instead taking her to the middle.

Bailey began to dance with Kyle, knowing the song well enough but having no clue what this dance he was leading her through was. She followed the steps along well enough for a first timer. Despite attempts for several girls to cut in or lead Kyle away from her, he stayed by her side for the entirety of the night. She almost wondered where Ran was off too. She'd been right, after all. Why wasn't she rubbing it in from over the shoulder of some equally attractive guy?

When Bailey looked around, she can see Ran leaning over the DJ's music controls. Ran was definitely flirting with the DJ, and as if psychic, she looked over to see Bailey looking her way. Ran then grinned and gave her an exaggerated wink, then continued talking with the DJ.

The next song, probably because of Ran, was a slow song. Right on cue, Kyle then wrapped his arms around Bailey's waist, getting ready to slow dance. Bailey can feel the glares of the girls all around her, but Kyle paid no mind to them. Instead, he smiled down at her, "Enjoying yourself?"

Back in the distance, Ran was grinning and giving Bailey a thumbs up.

Ran was flirting pointedly with the DJ, and he in turn seemed to be enjoying the company of such a beautiful girl. Ran was probably up to something but she didn't mind. Bailey stopped herself from outright laughter at the ink, instead refocusing on Kyle. The music shifted to a much slower song, and despite some rather visible protests, Kyle slid his arms around her waist and Bailey stepped slightly into him, her own arms wrapping around his neck.

"It's been a great night. Are you?" She said, smiling up at him. Even in the low light you could see his prominent features. He was gorgeous and nice and wasn't checking out the girls around him. This boy was the lead in his own fairytale.

From over Kyle's shoulder, she could see Ran celebrating her triumph.

Kyle hummed a little, as if thinking about Bailey's question seriously. Then he leaned over a bit, to whisper a bit in her ears so she can hear him better. "It could get even better if you'll let it."

He then moved lightly, so his face was right next to hers. And then, without another word, he leaned in to close the gap between them. His lips on hers, kissing her gently.

He leaned to whisper in his ear, having taken his time to think about the answer to her returned question. Her brow quirked upward slightly at his words, but she understood exactly what he meant.

He moved, his face right next to hers before he leaned in, closing the space between their lips. He kissed her and she let her eyes go closed, feeling exactly like Ran had promised she would. Could this guy not be good at everything? Because he was really seeming like he was exactly that.

Status
Not open for further replies.