The College Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
He scoffs lightly, thinking that she probably just complimented him out of politeness. Nevertheless, he couldn't help but feel happy at the compliment.

He laughed a little, "Yeah, me too. Usually, working with groups of people tend to slow me down. I'm glad you're not like that."

"We should get together next time for a test or something!" He suggested, as he also closed his laptop, gathering up his stuff.

He seemed a little disbelieving in her compliment but she had meant it. Bailey let it slide for now though, figuring it wasn't worth starting something over that.

"I'm glad! Generally working in pairs makes me a little distracted, but we seem to work well together." She knew exactly where he was coming from. Groups and partner work had been the bane of her existence.

She nodded excitedly. "That would be excellent!" She said happily, finishing packing up all of her things.

He nodded at her, then bid his adieus. "See-you then." Waving behind him, he walked out of the library.

He should have decided to live on dorm, personally, but the thought of sharing a room with someone had always sort of frightened him. A complete stranger?! No way. So, he decided to live close by by himself in an apartment. His parents were against it, of course, but he proved himself to be responsible by saving up enough money to pay for the down payment. That convinced his parents enough to pay for the rest of his rent.

The walk home is often unbearable, at least in the current freezing weather. He hated the cold. Luce shudders and wrap his jacket around him further - he can't wait until the sun comes back out and heats everything up again.

Once home, he collapsed on his couch, gathering a warm fuzzy blanket around him. Nap time... He thought to himself, Good thing I finished more than I thought...

~~~~~~~​

After Luce left, Bailey receives a text from Ran, almost immediately. It's almost as if she's spying on her... Or she has a very good intuition. Hopefully the later rather than the former is true...

Ran - >.< Hey! Txt me! Jeez!!! Stop being so nerdy, u adorable jerk. >.<

She nodded, waving to him as he left. "See ya!" The day's events hadn't gone exactly as she'd expected, but she was pleasantly surprised by the outcome. Luce was a good person, Bailey could tell, and she looked forward to being his friend.

Bailey had opted for dorms. Absolute bliss with no strings attached, no predetermined expectations, just strangers living in one room, sharing a bathroom and pretty much everything in the mini fridge. Almost everything, that is. Bailey's chocolate milk was off limits and Bea's 'special' orange juice wasn't something she was willing to share with her favorite roomie.

As soon as she'd reached the front doors, bracing for the bitter cold, her pocket vibrated. Ran was a little too good at timing her text messages.

Bailey - Heyyy I just got out of the library. What're we doing 2nite?

Ran - We, my dear, r going to hang out with the one and only. ;) Go get your sexay dress on. I'll meet u in ur dorm.

And sure enough, when Bailey makes it home, Ran is already in her room. Clothes were strewed about everywhere, as if several tornadoes decided to have a rave party in the middle of her room. Ran was still bent over in Bailey's closet, still throwing things in and out. "Oh! Finally! You made it!" Her head peeked out of the closet, and she groaned in distressed. "Where on EARTH is that dress we just bought, Bailey?! It's totally perfect for our outing with Kyle!"

Bailey - You're so eager to send me to my doom. I should be offended.

Bailey walked back to her dorm and Ran was already in her room. She was looking for the dress they'd bought, and her brow rose at the sight of her floor. "Bea is going to kill me and it will be your fault." She said with a sigh before she went to her best and knelt down, pulling out a shopping bag and swinging it on her finger. "I don't know, Ran. Maybe in the bag labeled for the store we WENT to?" She said, trying to sound upset but really just extremely amused.

"You're cleaning this up."

"Oh, Bea can deaal." Ran said, waving her hand to dismiss the situation. "On the other hand... Wait until Kyle sees you in that! Put it on!" Ran excitedly exclaimed, quickly gathering up some clothes and just shoving them back inside the closet haphazardly. She then glance at Bailey, to make sure she's doing what she's told, and she continues to rush her. "Come on! Hurry, we still have to do your make up as well!"

Ran continued to run around the dorm like a chicken who lost her head. She was both, gathering up various pieces of jewelry and make up, and also tossing things in their supposed "right" location. It's going to be painful for Bailey to find anything again after this.

"Bea likes me. I want that to continue." She informed her, but followed the instructions she was given, changing into the dress. "You know how cold it is, right? It's like thirteen degrees outside. FRIGID. And I'm wearing a dress." She was complaining but for some reason, she was okay with it. So Kyle had to give her his jacket. Not necessarily a bad thing, right?

She glanced at her friend, haphazardly shoving her things into the closet and basically making her room look like an unorganized disaster. Maybe she should have cleaned up. "What are we doing tonight anyways?"

"Baby, beauty comes with a price." Ran says sullenly, with the most serious face she can muster. It didn't hold for very long though, as she soon started to grin again and laugh. "I'm kidding, you aren't going to be outside for very long, Bai, we're going to a club tonight!"

She smiled, wrapping a matching necklace around Bailey's neck, securing it. "There will be heated rooms, I promise." She says with a wink.

Ran herself is already dressed up for the coming up event as well. She was wearing a rather short pink dress, that shows off her figure wonderfully. Her make up was done perfect, and her hair was curled to the utmost precision. For an hour of getting ready, Ran was always the master of speed beauty. If only she puts as much effort into her school work, which is, depressingly, rather below average.

She couldn't help the pfft that escaped her lips at those words. "I am humoring you only because Kyle's cute." She said, pursing her lips and flipping her hair dramatically. She let the girl secure the necklace around her neck, noting how well it went with the dress.

"Hey, you're kinda good at this accessorizing thing." She said, commending her friend on her ability. She looked at what Ran was wearing with a small smile. The dress was gorgeous on her, and her hair was incredibly impressive. She only hoped she'd look about half as good. That would be pretty much adequate. Bailey was pretty in her own right, but she wasn't nearly as talented at looking good as Ran was.

There was something to be said for girls who could do their own makeup. That was a skill, and a girl with makeup ability could probably rule the world.

Reactions: RiniPinja
Ran scoffed, "You are not humoring me!" She then pokes Bailey's shoulder, a little roughly although playfully. "You're doing this because Kyle's more than just cute. He's drop dead gorgeous."

Ran did a little twirl, showing off her dress and beauty work. "I know, aren't I? Now, sit down and sit still, I'm going to be your fairy godmother for tonight, Cinderella." Ran then proceeded to pick up her own make up bag off the table, and take out several different assortments of pens, containers, and other beauty products. She carefully picked up different colors to match Bailey's own complexion, and the colors of her dress. Tonight, Bailey is going to be a movie star.

She laughed, "Damn straight. That boy is everything a girl wants, and a mother dreads. It's fantastic." Upperclassmen boys didn't date freshmen. That was what Bailey didn't grasp. She wasn't pretty enough to be in this situation, and she didn't understand at all how that was possible.

She nodded her agreement with Ran and settled in for the overhaul on her face that was about to begin. She needed to get lessons from her friend on this stuff one of these days. "Teach me how to do this sometime. I feel like it could be useful to look pretty on occasion." Bailey insisted, nudging Ran with her foot when she knew there were no wands or pencils anywhere near her face. In no way whatsoever did she want to mess up her friend. She needed to look good.

Ran tried to work quickly on Bailey's face, but also was fairly gentle. She often warned Bailey when she was going to need Bailey to be completely and utterly still, or when Ran is about to do something that might pinch a tiny bit. "Yes, yes, of course, I'll be thrilled to teach you. But, just a little warning Bailey, you're very pretty even without it!" With that said, Ran pulled back, smiling. "I'm done!"

Ran helped Bailey (well, more like forced) to stand up, and pushed her in front of a mirror. "What do you think? You and Kyle will certainly be the cutest couple eveeer."

She was surprised at how painless the ordeal was in the end, as Ran was working with such determination that she was worried she'd be taking some of it out on her face. "That's what you consider a warning? Ran, most people consider that to be, well, a compliment.." Bailey stated her confusion, but she lost her train of thought when Ran announced that she was finished.

Pulled to her feet, Bailey stood in front of the mirror, stunned. "Tell me again why you're not in cosmetology school?" Bailey questioned, knowing full well that the girl was incredibly smart and had ambitions that Bailey would never be able to dream of.

Ran just smiled at Bailey's confused comments, but she didn't bother explaining herself to dear girl. After all, they had other things to worry about, such as... Meeting up with the Hot God!

Ran waved her hand once again, "That's a story for another time. Come on! Let's go, he's suppose to meet us up at the parking lot, because he's going to drive us!" Ran quickly grabbed some small jackets for the both of them, and wrapped one around Bailey. "Do you want a scarf too?" She asked curiously, already getting ready to pick more things out.

The lack of explanation didn't really surprise Bailey, but it would have been nice to understand what was going through Ran's head right about now. It was never really an easy thing to tell.

She nodded excitedly, shrugging into the jacket Ran forced upon her. She was going to freeze, so she hoped Kyle had warmed up whatever he drove. "If this boy drives a sports car it's gonna be too good to be true." She told her friend with a nervous smile, the onset of nerves having descended at some point. "Nah, I'll be fine. The club will be warm."

Ran laugh, opening the door. "If that means he's rich, then boy, you hit the jackpot." Ran quickly pulled Bailey out of the dorm, in hopes that Bailey won't insist on cleaning up some more. A girl can only clean up so much in one day.

In an attempt to keep them both warmer, Ran wrapped her arms around Bailey's arm - in hopes to share body heat. "This is like a dream come true, isn't it Bailey? And you thought that you weren't cute, silly." She puffs out a breath of air, watching as her breath disappear into the cold sky. "And don't forget me, Bailey~ You should totally try to hook me up with one of his friends."

She grinned. "Rich isn't exactly a bad thing." She agreed, even though they both knew that money really didn't matter. She glanced back mournfully at her mess of a bedroom, silently praying the Bea would crash at her boyfriend's that night and avoid any kind of conflict.

The idea of shared body heat was somewhat affective, and she listened to Ran's chatter with amusement. "Yeah, it kinda is, isn't it? Aha, I know I'm cute but I'm not Kyle's level of cute. There's a difference." Bailey told her friend with a laugh. "I'll see what I can do for you, m'dear. Seeing as we don't know any of his friends, maybe we should find out if they're good people first."

Ran laughed, as if the idea was completely preposterous. "Good people? I'm sure they're woonderful people!" Ran said loudly with great enthusiasm. She can be a little star strucked when it comes to beautiful people. Then, she reaches out to pinch Bailey's cheek, very similar in fashion to the way one would pinch the adorable fatness of a little baby's cheek.

"Baby, if I was a boy, I would totally be hitting on you!" Ran says with a wink, and then she snuggles against Bailey's arm once again for warmth. Soon, the parking lot can be seen in the distance.

She glanced at her friend, who was so very convinced (at the moment) that beauty was an obvious indicator of whether or not someone was a good person. "If you say so. Let's just see how this goes." Ran was far more convinced in this situation than Bailey appeared to be, but that wasn't anything new. Bailey could tend to be a skeptic if she thought it beneficial.

They were nearing the parking lot and she pulled away from Ran as she pinched her cheek. "You're such a dweeb." She teased her friend, shaking her head and laughing before readjusting to be snuggled up with once more. It was far too cold for such short dresses. One could only hope it would pay off. "Let's do this."

Status
Not open for further replies.