The College Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyle glanced once more at the drawing, "Luce...?" He muttered softly under her breath. After that fleeting moment, he looked back at Bailey. "So, want to help me pack? I'll treat you out to eat~ Yes, as a date." He grinned confidently, and once again, he acted almost as if nothing bad ever happened. Instead, he stood up, tucking his hands in his pocket. "Come on, Bae~ You can study later!" He happily gave her a blinding smile, to try to convince her even further.

"Mhm..." She verified with a slight nod, realizing that he wasn't really posing it as a question towards her. She listened to his offer of taking her on a date in returns for helping him pack and mulled it over. "Yeah, I could sign up for that." Bailey concluded with a small smile. He really didn't have to put much effort into winning her over, that was for sure. "Lemme put on real clothes, okay? I'll meet you in the hallway." Bailey knew him well enough to know he really wouldn't want her to be walking around outside the dorm in a pair of sweatpants. Image seemed to mean something to Kyle.

Kyle smiled happily and proceeded out the door, "Sure, sure~! It's a nice day outside, so you can wear your cutest outfit!" He called out helpfully before closing the door.

While waiting in the hallway, he continued to bounce his rubber ball against the door. Even from inside, Bailey can hear the continual Thump. Thump. Thump. Never ending and never missing the beat. Although there was a slight pause - perhaps somebody or something interrupted him momentarily - before the Thump. Thump. Thump. just continued once again.

When Bailey walked out, Kyle looked up from his concentration. He still flicked his hand ever so often, allowing the ball to continue it's torturous music, but Kyle grinned at her. "Ready to go?" He asked innocently.

She wasn't sure how helpful the suggestion of 'her cutest outfit' was, but she walked to her closet and considered her wardrobe with curiosity, unsure of what she wanted to wear at this particular point.

She heard the repeated bouncing in the hallways of his ball against the wall and was a little less than impressed. For some reason, the repeated sound wasn't quite as soothing as it seemed to be for Kyle. Bailey selected a cute dress despite the fact that it was still rather cold, figuring that they weren't going to be outside very much. It was winter, after all.

She left the room easily, leaving the door unlocked because Bea hadn't taken her key in her rush to escape Kyle's presence. "Yup, I'm ready. And jeebus Kyle, who gave you that godforsaken ball?"

Kyle eyed her up and down, clearly taking her image in, and then he smiled at her. "You look breathtaking," he commented. He then proceeded to pocket the ball and wrapped his hand around her as they walk out of the building. "What? My ball? I just found it outside, isn't it amazing?" He then pulled it out of his pocket and handed it to her, allowing her to see. It was a simple blue rubber ball, one that fits perfectly in your hand.

Her brows shot up at such a compliment. Bailey wasn't used to hearing things like that, but she wasn't complaining about them either. "Thank you!" She said happily, falling into step beside him as his hand wrapped around her. She accepted the ball, studying it with interested. "Amazing isn't the word I would use. Kind of annoying, to be honest babe." She handed it back easily. "No offense meant."

Kyle scoffed a bit, putting the ball back into his pocket. "What? It's wonderful, you just don't know the difference." He muttered a bit, still taking quite pride in his newfound ball.

The outside was freezing cold, and the winter air seemed ruthless as it continuously tortured them with its breath. With every breath they took, a small puff of air appeared around them, as if trying to mock them with constant reminder of cold. Kyle pulled Bailey in closer, seeking warmth from the girl, and he let out a large sigh. "Phew, the weather is AWFUL. It's a good thing my place ain't far from here." He grinned lightly, leading her to his own apartment on campus.

It was a 5 minute long walk, but Kyle felt like it lasted forever. How could any human being survive in such a temperature?! His hands stumbled as he tried to grab his apartment keys to open up the gates, his fingers felt like it was made of ice. It took him a while, but he finally managed to do it, and then he lead her upstairs to his room.

Status
Not open for further replies.