The College Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luce lifted up his head briefly to wail, "It's the thought that counts, you Coffee Digger!!!" Then his head plopped right back down on the bed again. He tried to still his laughter, but he was having a hard time doing so. Still, he was determined.

When he finally managed to quiet down a bit, he turned to look at her. "Karma's a bitch?" He offered, grinning a bit.

She pulled her legs to her chest, hugging them. "That, my friend, is a horrendous insult." She said, quite impressed with how well she maintained composure for such a line. At this point, she wasn't sure if it was still funny or if the two of them were just having a good time.

She nodded quickly. "Abso-freaking-lutely. Karma is queen bitch." Bailey felt the need to inform him.

Luce just grinned, sitting back up. It's certainly been a while since he enjoyed himself like this, with school work and all. So this was certainly a breather. "Sorry about the insult, my friend, but as you said. Karma is a Queen Bitch." He then stretched his legs out on the bed, hoping that Bailey didn't mind his intrusion. Well, she didn't say anything when he plopped down, and she's not yelling at him to get off, so he's taking as a good sign.

"So, about that coffee..." He did wanted to go out right now, but they just had coffee. So, he wondered if he can change the nuances of their deal. "I actually know a good Asian place nearby. Want that instead?"

Bailey hadn't know it, but she'd needed this break from the rest of the world. Suddenly, her already large appreciation for Luce grew once more. He was certainly a good friend to have around. From what she could tell, he was really enjoying himself too. "Touché." She said simply, shaking her head and running a hand through her hair. She made room for his legs without complaint, more than used to this from both Kyle and Ran.

He mentioned the coffee they'd betted upon and she brought her focus back to the present. "Hmm.. I could definitely go for some real food." She said with a smile. Bailey wasn't a breakfast eater, so he had nearly perfect timing.

Luce groaned, trying to force himself to get off the bed. He really needs that nap at some point, but he suppose he'll have to wait. Food is probably more important after all. He then went to put on his jacket and grabbed his wallet. He peered inside his wallet just to make sure that he has enough money to pay for the both of them.

"Good, you like Asian right?" He looked up at Bailey. "If not, we can go consume real food elsewhere."

She wasn't all that willing to get up either, but she thought he had a better reason than she did in the long run. The poor boy needed a nap, but he probably should eat too. Oh, decisions, decisions. Not that Bailey was complaining, she loved Asian food like no other.

"It's my favorite." She told him happily. "Are you good with that, or would you prefer something else? And for the record, I'm going to take the loss on the bet. Can't be called a coffee digger."

"Nah, it why I offer, I also love Asian." He pat his belly a bit, hearing the growl. "And, I'm starving."

At the mention of the bet, he laughed once more. "It's fine. You were the judge. I'll pay." He waved his wallet a little before placing it back in his pocket. He then turned to walk out the door and lead the way down to the front door of the dorms... But, he turned in the completely wrong way.

Bailey hadn't had that kind of food since she was last at home, though she was happy to hear that there was one near campus. Asian food was like a guilty pleasure of hers.

"Fine. But I get the bill next time." She informed him pointedly. She wasn't one to let her friends buy for her all the time, bet or not. In a matter of minutes, she was ready to brave the great outdoors. She followed him out of the dorms, trusting that he knew where he was gong because she certainly did not.

Luce... Had a bad problem. His directional sense sucked. Like, terribly. And he forgets this very often.

He lead Bailey to the outskirts of campus. After first, he seemed confident, "You're going to love this place." But then, as they continue walking, he realized something was wrong. He didn't recognize his surroundings. He looked around, seeing a lot of different restaurants, but he just couldn't find the one he was looking for. He frowned...

He turned to Bailey. "Do you... know where we are?"

Bailey's sense of direction was pretty reliable, and she'd been this way before. She simply chalked it up to her own inattentiveness to her surroundings that she'd never seen this restaurant in the past.

He seemed like he knew where he was going, leading her nearly off campus. The restaurants started to appear in their line of sight, but Bailey saw no trace of an Asian place. When she was asked if she knew where they were, she nodded. Her brow rose, "We're at the west end of campus. Do you know where this restaurant is?" Not that she'd care if he didn't, they'd figure something out. She just needed to know if they were technically lost.

Luce frowned, the west end? Crap, "Actually... I think it was over by the East..." He muttered, but then his energy seemed to be renewed and he perked up at something in the distance. "Hey, about we both try out something new? Sounds good?"

He grinned at Bailey, despite his terrible directional sense, he always enjoyed having an adventure. And what better way to have an adventure than to get lost? This was his positive way to look at it anyways, although it seemed as though Bailey wasn't completely lost... He pointed at a small Chinese restaurant in the corner, which could be easily missed. "Have you tried eating there?"

"Oh. Whoops!" Bailey said, taking it in stride. It wouldn't hurt to find something else, or even make the trek back to the other side of campus. "New is fine by me." She agreed, pretty sure she could see the restaurant he was thinking of.

It was a Chinese place, and her suspicions were verified when he pointed it out. "I haven't, but my RA suggested it once. It just never comes to mind." She told her counterpart easily. At least they weren't going in completely blind, her RA was pretty reliable when it came to suggestions. Bailey smiled over at him, taking a step in that direction, but waiting on him to verify that he was willing to take the risk.

Luce happily complied and follow, his eyes twinkling in excitement at the thought of brand new food - or at the thought of food in general. He was famished. "Oh, really?" He asked when Bailey said her RA informed her of the place. "Guess we'll just have to see for ourselves."

When they walk into the restaurant, it looked a little run down. And there were not a lot of people there, which may be a little understandable, saying it's barely noon time. Even when they sit down, the chairs creaked a lot, complaining with old age. He looked around, eyeing the yellowing walls, and the cracks in the ceiling. "Well... This is kind of terrifying." He whispered to Bailey, leaning in a bit.

She nodded, "Let's hope she's right. I'm just not feeling food poisoning today." Bailey joked, heading in the direction of new food. She was serious about the thought of getting sick, but really she tried not to dwell on such a possibility.

The restaurant had clearly seen better years. The once-white walls were now an odd shade of yellow, and when they took a seat the chair squeaked under her weight. "How bad can it be?" She asked with a false sense of positivity. "Aren't you up for a little adventure?" She teased, glancing around. There were a handful of other people there, so it had to have some appeal to the town's natives.

Luce laughed a bit nervously, now having second thoughts about trying out the restaurant. "I don't know, I don't like adventures that may end in death." He said lightly, although he partially did mean it. Then he added teasingly, "I know, call me a party pooper."

The waitress came by and placed the menu for the restaurant on their tables. Then she asked for drinks, which Luce just ordered water. He glanced through the Chinese menu and commented, "At least the food looks good?"

"It's not too late to run." She offered, but at this point Bailey was curious. Maybe they just needed to renovate the front. The food looked fresh from what she could see on the plates of others. "Oh, you absolutely are a party pooper." She teased, sticking her tongue out.

She accepted her menu and opened it. She ordered a water as well when asked about drinks, and then she began to study the menu. "It really does. And from what I can tell, it smells pretty good too."

"Hey, don't actually call me one!" He faked feeling insulted, smiling so his expression doesn't match his words. He looked over at the one other person in the restaurant with them and can also see and smell their food. He believes they were eating lo mein, and it made his stomach growled even more.

"I really don't want to go out in the cold again, and I'm starving..." He said, looking through the menu. "So, let's just stay here. Anything caught your eye?"

"You said to! I was just following orders!" She argued, shaking her head at his indecisiveness. She found the section of the menu she needed to be in, deciding on what she'd be eating provided he didn't decide that it was time for them to bail on the sketchy restaurant in exchange for the local diner or something.

She nodded, agreeing with him. "Staying here is fine by me. Um, I'm kind of feeling the chicken lo mein myself. You?"

He scoffed, holding his head up, "Most friends would say 'oh, noo, Luce, of course you're not!' or something along that nature." Then he nodded, "I'm feeling some eggrolls, beef lo mein... and maybe some pork chop." He knew he was ordering a ton, but he didn't care. Luce was starving, he needed to eat an entire nation of cows to be filled.

When the waitress came back, she smiled a took their orders down. Then she offered extra information about the day's special offer. "Actually, there's a sale on couples!" She smiled looking between the two, "So your meals will be half off, and the owner is throwing in a plate of free dessert. Please enjoy!"

Luce was a bit taken back by the relationship assumption, but it wasn't like he was going to deny free desserts and a free discount. He looked over at Bailey to see her reaction to this - she was the girl with the boyfriend after all.

"Don't be silly. Friends aren't supposed to be that nice." She said, waving him off like he was being ridiculous. She listened to the list of things he was thinking of ordering with a nod. "That certainly sounds like a meal." Bailey said, grinning.

How he could eat that much, she didn't know. She was the friend who always had to take something home when she went out because she could hardly ever finish her food. The waitress returned, taking their orders. She gave the woman hers and then informed them of the couples special.

Suddenly, she was a bit of a fish out of water, but she looked over at Luce carefully. She wasn't going to turn down free dessert, that wasn't her style. And since he was picking up the check, they could pretend that the woman wasn't completely off in her assumption.

When the waitress walked away like nothing was wrong, she glanced back at Luce. "I'm just saying that there's nothing wrong with a half off meal, ya know what I'm saying?" Bailey asked, hoping he wasn't the type that would insist on being entirely honest and paying full price.

Status
Not open for further replies.