The Chosen

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"I have to find out who it is!"
"But I don't want you to go..."
"I've got to."
Sacrifice's eyes closed as his head throbbed. That wasn't a memory he had...was it? The girl was smaller than him, even though he was younger. He had to go after those people, but he didn't want to leave her. "I'll be back, I promise." He said, pulling her close before taking off. The girl watch him go, holding back the tears. Chase had taught her that she didn't need to cry. No weakness.

Liz. Lizzy. Sacrifice took off after her, not understanding the memory, but remembering the same thing. He didn't come back, he broke that promise. Even if he couldn't remember completely, he couldn't lose her again.

Elizabeth bit her lip and stopped for a moment, determining where exactly she was and where she needed to go. Her ears were straight up as she tried to hear anything that could lead her in the direction that mysterious person was but she couldn't hear any abnormal sounds. "Come on, come on, come on… Make a noise already will you?" She whispered quietly. She looked up at the sky, determining whether or not she should shift to continue her search.

"Now, now, little miss..." Kryos said, coming up behind her swiftly, wrapping one arm around her arms and chest, then putting a hand over her mouth. "Careful what you ask for, or you'll get exactly what you want." He backed off into the trees, watching the other Chosen dash by. He chuckled, "Few more seconds and you would have had help."
~~~~~~~
"Liz!" Sacrifice called, stopping and looking around. Where had she gone? She hadn't been that far ahead had she? Did she shift? He looked up at the sky, but shook his head. No, she would have heard him. "Liz!"

ELizabeht let out a muffled shriek while kicking him and moving around as much as she can to loosen his grip. Where did this guy come from? And how did she not hear him approach? She tried to yell for help but no sound escaped through Kryo's hand. She watched with wide eye as Sacrifice ran past, not able to see her predicament. "Help!" She tried to scream but was unsuccessful. She began to panic and instinctively shifted forms to get him to let go of her. First she shifted into a bear but when that wouldn't work she automatically shifted again, this time into a panther and wriggled her body all around and scratching him.

Kryos bit back a shriek as her claws ripped his wing. He could still fly, but hurt all the same for sure. He wrapped his arms tighter, attempting to make her black out by cutting off her air supply. "Poor kitty, acting so harshly. You're wolf-boy was right; the guy with you is one of ours."

Elizabeth gasps for breath because his tighter grip made it much harder for her to breathe which causes her to quickly shift back to her natural, neko form. Despite his hard hold on her she refused to loose consciousness while reluctantly stopped her fighting and remained still. She gulped down as much air as she could as his words finally registered in her head. Her eyes widened at this information, so Asten- if that was even his real name- was from the Darkness, just like Jack had told them. And now her new friends were still with him! She started kicking her legs at him again but quickly stopped with a yelp as pain shot up her leg. "Let me go!" She yelled at him, even though her words were barely distinguishable because Kryos' hand was still wrapped around her mouth.

"Hush, sweetheart," Kryos said, keeping the grip on her while backing deeper into the trees. "Wolf boy isn't far and your dear brother there won't leave them long. He's probably already figured out that your friend is our friend. Once he realizes that he's not getting you back, he'll go back and face him." Yes, he knew that Sacrifice was her brother, had known for many years. The two had a history, not that the human would remember.

Shadow heard the muffled screams of the Neko with her acute hearing. She went invisible to dash unnoticed to the sound. She then became visible in front of Kenie (Kyros?) holding and suffocating the Neko girl. "Why," She said, putting her face right in front of Elizabeth's in a sweet tone. "Hello, little girl, do you need some help? I'd LOVE to, but that would ruin the fun, wouldn't it? Nighty-night!" She then looked at Kenie, noticing the injury on his wing. Holding it gently, she said, "Is your wing okay? That looks like a nasty scratch... I'll fix it later if you like." Shadow then gave a nice evil smile to the girl, so her image would burn into the Neko's mind when she passes out from lack of oxygen.

Elizabeth growled at him but stopped and her whole body froze at his next words. How did he know that Sacrifice was Chase and her brother? Only very few were privileged with that information but now this minion knew? "I have no idea what you're talking about. I haven't had a brother in a very long time." She chose her words carefully so she wasn't actually lying- even she knew she wasn't very good at that- but she wasn't saying the full truth either. Her tail was slowly moving from side to side, a sign of her wariness about him.

When Shadow walked up Liz open openly glared at her. She fought against Kenie's hold again, but not as fiercly as before, this time it was more out of spite than truly fighting to be freed. "You brat!"

"Oh," Shadow cooed at the Neko. "Don't go calling people names now. You know that's not very nice. You're a fighter, aren't you? Why can't we be on the same side?" She put her hand on Elizabeth's face and looked her in the eyes, her razor-sharp nails VERY close to her eyes. "Go to sleep now, would you? It would be so much easier on everyone." Shadow removed her hand and watched the small event unfold, still a bit concerned about Kenie's wing.

Elizabeth rolled her eyes at the girl but her inner fury was shown by the fact that her ears were flat against her head. She knew Shadow could easily kill her at the moment because she was currently being held back but this did nothing to stop her natural fighting spirit. "Now why would I ever want to make anything easier on the likes of you?" she spit out at her.

"Because," Shadow said calmly. "Kenie here could kill you, and I don't want to. So if you rest now, Neko, it will help everyone. And besides, Wolfie-er-the Wolf and your friend Sacrifice wil come here soon enough looking for a fight. Okay, little girl?" Shadow was trying to make her angry enough to struggle, reducing her air supply as much as possible. She thoroughly enjoyed this, seeing one so helpless. A powerful flashback hit her, knocking her to the ground. She saw herself, helpless in the chamber of a lab, barely living. The projectiles smashing against her, animals trying to kill her, the walls closing in. Shadow was stuck on the ground, the horrible scenes going through her mind.

"Thanks, Shadow, I would like that." Kenie said, chuckling before turning his attention to the neko again. "Deary, I know." Kenie said, backing up still. "Chase, Sacrifice, one in the same. Your adopted human brother, who you care for just as much as he did you." He chuckled darkly, the memories very fond to him. "You see, those years ago when you thought he abandoned you, he was my play thing. Torture, torment, starvation; I tried so many ways of pain on him, I was surprised he lasted a year." He tightened his grip slightly, looking through the trees.

"I'm not surprised he developed the power to control pain when he was chosen." He chuckled again, looking down at her. "I couldn't let him go, but he'd survived so long, I couldn't kill him either. So, I paid a high fee to have his memory erased. Then I dumped him in a back alley and forgot about him. Until now." Kenie shook his head, "And now, just like then, I'm going to use you to get to him." He chuckled darkly, "I was the one to take your brother from you, child; I am the one that made him forget just how much he cared for you."

He looked over at shadow and extended his wing, brushing it against her and calmly saying, "Easy, Little Shadow, only nightmares vampire child."

Elizabeth struggled for a moment then stopped when Shadow fell to the ground. She looked on at her curiously but also with great amusement. "Aw, is the poor little minion not as in control as she had thought?" She asked sarcastically. She had been getting more and more annoyed with this girl as time went on but now, now she could almost laugh. It was cruel, true, but this girl had been getting in her group's way this whole time.

She froze at Kenie's words, her eyes wide. She couldn't move, this was the man that took her brother from her. This was the man that hurt her brother for years and this was the man that left him for dead. She couldn't move a muscle due to the extent of her rage at this man who was holding her hostage. She started to shake in fury as her body started to slowly regain movement. "What?" She asked, her tone deadly. "It's your fault he can't remember anything? And you dared to hurt him?" She continued then shifted into a bear, loudly roaring and swung her huge arms around, striking any and everything she could with tears streaming down her face. Her vision was going black due to lack of oxygen and fury but she didn't care, all she cared about was hurting this monster who dared lay a hand on her brother.

Shadow finally stood after her frightening memories arised. She looked up, breathing heavily as she saw the two in front of her. She spoke to Elizabeth mentally, her comment making Shadow quite angry. "If only you've gone through what I have... I would love to see you suffer!" Her voice was was different now, similar to a demon's, as the nightmares were starting to return now. "YOU HAVEN'T GONE THROUGH ANYTHING! I WILL SEE TO IT THAT YOU DIE!" Shadow's voice was now echoing through the minds of anyone near, she had lost control.... Shadow felt the bear's claw strike her with brute force, but she didn't care. She stayed in her little ball, curled up on the ground as the bear struggled.

"Yes, deary!" Kenie said, growling as he wrapped his wings around the bear and putting her in a choke hold. This time, he was going to make her black out. He muttered in her ear, "And I'll do it again. You're brother will be lucky to live once I'm through with him. But he won't fight me, just like last time. I threatened you then and I'll threaten you now. He may not remember you very much, but he cares about you now." He tightened his grip again, "And that'll be enough."

"Shadow, control yourself!" Kenie said, looking at the vampire. "Breath. In, out, in, out. Like me. Focus on me." Fight a bear or not, Kenie's breathing stayed the same. It was just how it worked for him.

"No!" Elizabeth roared again and continued to fight him with all her strength but his grip was too tight and her attempts to fight him got weaker and weaker until she eventually was forced to shift back. "... You... Bastard... I-...I'll kill you..." She gasped out then fell limply in his arms, finally blacking out due to her pack of air.

Shadow looked up at Kenie, tears streaming down her face from the nightmares, hearing his calm tone. Her breathing steadied slowly, and she began to stutter. "I-I'm sorry... I wasn't ready to see that, Kenie. I wasn't ready..." Shadow got to her knees, then her feet and looked him in the eye, ignoring the struggling bear. "Was-was that you who did that? The lab, an-and my parents? Was it you, Kenie?" Shadow was in a very fragile state now, her mind like a child's.

Once the girl was out, Kenie swiftly tied her hands and feet, sitting her on the ground a moment to tend to Shadow. The vampire was far to young for this, and that struck a nerve in the Gryphan-Anthro. He went to her and crouched down, eye level with her now. "It's alright, Little Shadow; you see?" He nodded to the girl, still breathing, "I didn't kill her, she'll wake up bruised, but she'll wake up."

He looked back at her at her next question and shook his head, "That wasn't me, Little Shadow. I had a score to settle with Chase, he's the only one I've done such too. I couldn't work in a lab without being tested on myself." He gave her a soft, reasuring smirk, then said, "But I won't let it happen again, Little Shadow."

Shadow slowly began to regain sanity. She was still quite fragile, and wasn't sure what had caused that strange event, but she'd find out later. Shadow was glad that it wasn't her friend, why would she think that? "Thanks," She said quietly. "I'm okay... I'm okay..." She then gave him a little hug, and even though he didn't seem like the hug-type, Shadow just needed someone there for a moment. "You go settle your business, I'll watch for trouble." She let go, and went invisible to follow him.