The Chanters (restarting, open for new/old players)

And i did some chants.
Taron - mostly focused on "Chants" that give him an edge as a knight. Nothing to OP. But you will have a difficult time to fight him head on.

Liana on the other hand i made a special follower of the God of chants and a damn talented one at that. Her Chanting powers are to be counted with and feared when she uses them. >:3

and since i had a damn hard time figuring out what to do with her powers i made her slightly multi skilled chanter with no acctual limits of what fields she can get into when it comes to chanting hehe ^^

While I wait for enough people to join I'll play around with the character creator, I could use this character if my first one dies.
Name: Sigismund "Hexenbrenner" Voss
Race/Heritage: Human
Appearance:
View attachment 28107View attachment 28146
These ones are 100% computer made for training purposes.
Sigismunds body is covered in burn scars that some say he got during his troubled childhood while others claim he got then during his recent work. Although he is not embarrassed by his scars Sigismund always wear heavy gloves, long leather coats and a mask or a slouching hat to cover his face. It is rumored that there is another reason then his appearance behind his odd clothing.

Despite being of average height Sigismunds good posture makes him look taller . Sigismund is never seen without his pet rat Wolfgang or the trunk containing the tools of his trade.
Personality: Zealous, pyromaniac, sadist, meticulous, calm surface, soft voice, dislikes unauthorized musical performances(What if they're chanters!), fight fire with fire

Skills: pyrotechnics, torture, first aid, rabble-rousing, subterfuge, chemistry
Faction: The Belief
Biography:
When Sigismund was a toddler unspoken marauders came to his home town causing mayhem and destruction before burning it down. His parents and relatives having died in the encounter Sigismund was housed in an orphanage which later burnt down due to mysterious circumstances leaving him the only survivor. At this time Sigismund was still a young child and the Belief enrolled him in one of their churchly boarding schools to
Properly shape his young mind. At school he was thoroughly indoctrinated and studied the Beliefs holy scriptures.

When he got to his early teens he was sent to a different school outside one of the great cities, it was a huge complex behind high walls almost a city in itself. At this school they studied the horrible plague which was the chanters that troubled this land and they trained in the holy ways of purging them. His mentor at this school was Cardinal Blanq who saw great prowess and faith in Sigismund thus allowing him deeper studies in the art of chanting. It was also around this time that he was told about his parents fate and a burning rage grew within him leaving him a grudge against all chanters. In his early twenties Sigismund, on the third attempt, managed to graduate top of his class and got employment in the holy order of the church.

Sigismund was put in training under inquisitor Boreale and was tasked with rooting out the evil that was the chanter. They went from village to village searching for information about the unspoken and leaving a trail of deterring examples in their wake. One day however Sigismund came back from one of their travels without the inquisitor, he told everyone that they had been ambushed and that inquisitor Boreale got killed by a rouge chanter, but that he himself had managed to fend off the attackers and escape.

Sigismund got to take over the office after the inquisitor and continued his duties with even greater fervor. This was a dark time in the surrounding area, and it earned Sigismund the nickname Hexenbrenner, but the monthly reports to the church showed that the amount of confessed, imprisoned and executed chanters and chanter associates was higher then ever before. Continually studying the Beliefs holy scriptures, spending many a late night by the candlelight reading or experimenting in the laboratory with only his pet rat Wolfgang as company, Sigismund is set on finding a final solution to the chanter plague.

Chanting abilities:
Sigismund Voss have spent a lot of his education and work studying the holy scriptures of the order, from the basic ones at a young age to the more advanced and shunned ones at his current office. These texts contains psalms, hymns and prayers each one, if preformed correctly, will bring about a miracle in evidence of his holiness grandeur. Sigismund have found that these words really do have true power within them and behind the sealed doors of his laboratory he have authored his own psalms combining these words of power in new ways. Sometimes the results are horrible failures and sometimes they do nothing but one day it worked and it will work again some day, he's sure of it. Sigismund have memorized his favorite prayers but his library is full of holy scriptures and he always brings a few with him when he travels.

Chants/Prayers:

supernova, cauterize, inferno

(True chant?)Fire walk with me:
With fervorous zeal and rage burning within him Sigismund walks through fire and smoke unharmed and unhindered, able to breathe as if the air was as pleasant as in the church gardens. Sigismund knows that as long as the fire in his heart burns hotter then any flame he can stave off the surrounding fire but if his hatred cools they will burn him. Sigismund will either mutter the chant/prayer under his breath, something he have mastered through trial and error, or chant it loudly, depending on the situation.
When leaving the burning area some fire might follow Sigismund subsequently setting fire to a larger area. Sigismund can soak himself in flammable fluid and ignite himself during this chant/prayer if there is no other fire around.
Example :
As I walk through the valley of shadows and death,
Righteous fire surrounds my steps.
Burning the enemies of our cause leaving unharmed those of pure hearts.
Fire walk with me, bring my foe down but respect me for I am your master and by my hand you will live or die.
All that you touch Is yours to keep but my body and flesh for it is out of your reach.
Fire walk with me!

Purgatory:
During the chant/prayer Sigismund will use what he holds in his hands as fuel to feed a blazing inferno spreading out from him with scorching heat blackening the earth and searing everything it touches. The fire will keep burning and spreading until the charred remains of whatever he was holding falls to ashes, if Sigismund haven't stopped the chant/prayer before this point the fire will start to feed from him instead and if he fail to stop the chant/prayer after that the fire is out of control and he will succumb to the flames as well. Holding a piece of wood would only suffice to fuel a fire the size of Sigismund for a second therefore Sigismund preferred fuel is suspected chanters or other living creatures and he will enjoy gazing into their eyes as they burn to death. Performing this chant requires Sigismund to remove his gloves or risk it to backfire, feeding on them instead of the intended target.
Sigismund have experimented with grabbing onto something else to change fuel source after the first one starts to wither, this have so far failed to work as intended and Sigismund will continue to look into it.

Example:
Dust to dust, ashes to ashes.
Purge the Heretic, Burn the Chanter, Kill the Unclean!
Grant this earthly sinner absolution before my judgement!
For he who is not my brother is a sinner and shall be burnt at the stake.
Cleanse the Chanter, burn the Witch, Purge the Heretic!

Phoenix:
This chant/prayer will combust Sigismunds corporeal form leaving him free to move through the veil of reality to again retain his body from any nearby ashes. This is very straining on the mind and only strong faith and constant prayer will keep an arbitrary amount of sanity, If no ashes are located soon enough Sigismund is forever lost in the dark abyss of unembodied madness. If they're not removed the ashes from Sigismunds original body will be there for him to reemerge from unless his mind have wandered too far.
Example:
And it's been told that
from the heavens it was seen a great band of angels,
coming for retribution but the martyr was dead.
The angels mourned him for seven days and seven nights,
the world shrouded in shadows of despair.
one after the other the angels fell for without his light they were blinded.
And lo!
on the last dawn the martyr rose again bringing light,
once more ridding the world of it's shadows and taking revenge on the angels.
so will we follow his footsteps and bring light and
punishment to the unbelievers.
And so it was told.

Example of chant:
Burn chanter burn, holy inferno!
Burn chanter burn, Burn that sinner down!

Patron God: God of Order

Incident reports:

Rumors:
"I swear I saw it with my very own eyes! first some men came through town asking questions and then at dusk he came. He stood in the middle of the town square preaching and suddenly there was fire everywhere, it was like the gates of hell had opened up there and then, and he just walked straight out of it totally engulfed in the flames spreading fire in his wake. there were no survivors the whole town burned to the ground, If you don't believe me just look at a map and you'll see that the town is nowhere to be found!"- Unknown

"So this man showed up one day and suddenly people starts turning on each other, neighbor pointing finger at neighbor, friends blaming friends. All of a sudden there are gangs of people with torches and pitchforks roaming the streets, I could see young Timmy and Sara, the bakers daughter, in their midst. the whole place was a powder keg waiting to burst, and then came the spark, some one screamed and yelled chanter and soon the whole place was on fire people killing each other in the streets and the man just stood there doing nothing, he never did anything he just talked to people."- John Smith

"These people were hiding a refuge chanter in their basement and this man comes to visit asking questions, nothing they haven't seen before, but this one was different. He just goes up in flame leaving nothing left and moments later he bursts out of the cellar door with the burnt corpse of the refuge in his hands. Their house have stood empty upon the hill ever since." - Unknown

"They say that if you whisper his name three times he will come for you when you sleep." -Unknown

By the god of paragraphs...... PARAGRAPHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D8

Are the curved blades on a certain side, like do they care about the chanters or are they part of the people trying to kill them off?

Not as a whole, but those of them working in areas under a lot of influence from the Belief are prone to if not kill, then at least not accept any chanters among them.

Thanks, so, Im just gonna ask a couple questions so we can reduce the amount of back and forth and too much messages.

Are the fins like restricted mainly to water? like, are they able to leave the coast for extended periods of time or forever???
Im still not quite sure I completely understand the way that chants work, like how they are written and stuff. Do we make them up?
Also, the true chant is supposed to be only for the one person. What does it generally do or like what would be an example of what the true chat would do?

Sorry for asking so many questions, my apologies if this is a bother.

No bother at all. Better to ask than have me force you to change things when it becomes apparent that you do not understand.

No, the fins are not restricted to water. Though they will most likely suffer from dehydration.

The chants are preferably written by you yourself. But if you want to use a part of an existing song, psalm, poem or chant its ok.

The true chant is something your character makes for hi or herself. Its like an equivalent of ones physical state, you can either make an acceptable work or continue for as long as you live. In the way of the chant it more concretely consists of your char finding some kind of wish or realization, and trying to make the miracle a reality. Maybe gain wings, or to become a tree. Its not something that is inside your character from the moment they are born, and your true chant may change. As you could find something even more wondrous you want to create.

So your true chant can basically do something with increased meaning to whoever created the chant but is unique to that person and can only be used by that person. So like, if someone really wanted to fly because they had been trapped on the land below(using the wing example you gave) so they could give themselves wings. So if there was already a chant that did what your true chant does, Would your true chant just be a really powerful version of it?

By the god of paragraphs...... PARAGRAPHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D8

Sorry I'll look it over this afternoon. I mainly write from my mobile device and the carriage returns doesn't seem to carry into the computer version.

• Love
Reactions: Silvir
Chants are able to be invoked by anyone, if they are strong enough and capable of understanding the chant. But a true chant is more or less impossible for anyone to utilize, as it originates from a specific persons wish.
The difference is the same as if two people chant "fire", and one of them creates a glowing sphere to light the way, while the other one creates a rampaging flame that devours everything in its surroundings. It all comes down to how much the individual is able to convey with the chant.

If there are other chants that does the same thing, your true chant may simply create a miracle more suited to yourself.

Very well I will join this delve into the world of chants.

Name: Ian Kirkpatrick

Race: Human and very Scottish (or whatever this worlds equivalent is.)

Appearance: (NOTE THAT THE GUN LEG WOULD JUST BE A REGULAR LEG IN THIS RP. ARTWORK BELONGS TO ARES.)
thescottsmanmv5.jpg

Personality: Ian is extremely stubborn, rude, and irritable. When he isn't tossing back countless amounts of ale at the local pub he is getting if fights of all kinds. On the positive side if you get him to laugh you're on the right path to becoming his friend. He will fight anyone or anything who insults him, where he is from, how he acts, or just by looking at him wrong. Ian is a kindred spirit, but he will insult you if you don't make a good impression right from the start.

Skills: Two handed fighting, improvised fighting, taunting, and (his favorite) hand to hand combat.

Skills off the battle field: Being able to drink a lot without getting drunk right off the bat, insults, medical healing, and the civilized art of penmanship.

Biography: Ian was one of seven children to grow up in the Kirkpatrick household and one of three middle brothers. Growing up Ian would roughhouse with his brothers thus giving him a small amount of knowledge on how to fight. This knowledge was amplified when he joined his homeland's monster hunting guild. You see his homeland is very close to a forest teaming with what left of the monsters from the days of old, because of this the forest was given the name The Dark Wood. Instead of chants the guild taught him the ways of median and how to push his body to the max. Ian spent 10 years in the guild (Age 15 to 25) learning all the guild had to offer him then the day came where he was instructed to live in the woods for 5 years. During his time in the woods Ian would come face to face with death countless times, and would be dead if it were not for the medical skills he learned. When Ian emerged from the forest after those five long years he was given a choice either stay in his village and continue to serve or go and serve the people of the world. Not wanting to face the horrors of the forest again Ian chose the ladder. The guild signed Ian up to join the Curved Blades and was sent packing. Ian Remained in the Curved Blades making his way up the latter to where he is today. During his time in the Curved Blades he learned to rely on physical fighting skills, modern medicine, and real world skills. In fact he talks down to people who chant. Ian is a heavy drinker and it takes a very long time for him to get drunk. This is because during his time in the forest all he had to eat and drink was stale bread and dark ale. Currently Ian is off duty from Curved Blades and is taking some time to himself. One thing to note about Ian is that because of his time in the Dark Wood he is extremely hostile towards any of the union races (ears, hooves, ect.).

Chanting abilities: N/A

Chants: N/A

Patron God: N/A

Last edited:
Ok, I would love to have a few more nonchanters, and a little rat or some other Teeth. Also some belief priests or monks/nuns, I need people to hunt the rest.

@Tone 6th :
I dont know of any scottish place, but Im sure there is one.
I guess I havent been clear enough about the fact that chants and chanting is seen as evil more or less everywhere in the known lands of emculor. When the belief catches word of anyone capable of chanting, they perform a witch hunt. Often slaughtering everyone familiar with the chanter as well.
And very few individuals are born with the voice enabling them to chant.

And who are these gods of protection/power and wrath ?
Where did you find them ?
Because I have no memory of them.

@Windstormugly I have fixed many things. Ian is now a non chant user it fits him better anyway.

Oh right, I forgot to ask, but why is he hostile towards the union races ?
The ears, hooves, wings etc arent humanoids in the sense of origin.

I suppose the reason being lots of more beast-like variations of them ?

@Windstormugly I stated that because of his time in the Dark Woods fighting off monsters he has more of a phobia towards the union races. Like they vaguely resemble what he has seen in the Dark Woods.

I was more against you calling them humanoids, while they are humanoids. They arent among the humanoid races originally, which stuck in my eyes.
But I like that you have char that is scared of the unions, it will make this so much more lovely to play.
Just make sure you doesnt randomly get over his fears, cant have him man up when he needs to.
And there are far more monstrous individuals around, some of the belief enforcers are of union origin, but of what is hard to decipher.

@Windstormugly Ok fixed that too, just one thing to not though while he is afraid of the union races he does from up a front of hostility.

Well, better get my own three chars up then. As well as list all the chars in the second post.
I am waiting on a few last rpers, but Ill have them join later if need be.

IC will be up in a day or five.

Last edited:
Last edited: