The Chanters (restarting, open for new/old players)

@Bitterblue
Hey, hey, hey, heeeeeyyyy, would you like to pair Emma up with Ugg? Just, feeling out for character relationships Ow O

I HAVE A GENTLEMAN HUNTER-MURDERER THAT CAN NOW BLEND WITH SOCIETY [ish]
:DDDDDD

Name: Roan Lysander
Race/Heritage: Ears
Appearance: Roan is a force to be reckon with standing at a grand height of five foot ten inches when she stood straight. However she rarely does, often choosing have very bad posture often hunching her shoulders over gently. This gives her a more monstrous look that she has not intended to happen. Though it doesn't help that she is often found clad in the skins of dead animals she has killed, believing that no part of the animal should go to waste if she could help it. Long arms and legs, clad in snow white fur with black stripes, lead to large paws, hiding long claws inside.
Personality: Roan is kind to every one even as she tries to hold her short temper back. Don't anger her unless you wish to get mauled.
Skills: She camouflages in well with trees around her Master's land, often looking alot like a twisted birch tree if standing still. She has all the prowess of a large cat. Her claws are her weapons. Mostly she just uses her brute strength in any fights.
Faction: The Zahguts of Mezkanessh
Biography: Roan's mother had been a slave and thus when she gave birth to Roan, she became a slave too. She grew up watching and protecting the children. Her life had been simple. Do as the Master said and you wouldn't get punished. Watch the kids and make sure they weren't hurt and you would live to see tomorrow. Now she wanders the forests watching as the others play in secrecy able to step in at any time to protect them. Her Master's farm was huge, claiming most of the boarder to the east. The edge of the land stopped where the forest ended and the plains land to the town began.

Chanting abilities: N/A
Chants: N/A
Example of chant: N/A

Patron God: Goddess of the beasts

Okay so here is one of my characters.. >_<
Hope you like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Join the fray.
As in chose either to be part of Felwonaeds group or be on your way to the town and Nehlas.
Or simply be in the surrounding area or the town.

I leave it entirely up to you people.

I would do but i'm stuck on an idea as to how to start.

@Raitoningu
Well, what if he's tracking the people of the Belief? Y'know, the whole noble, standing on a hilltop, hunting the hunters. I can have Ugg show up to talk to him, check up on him. Or not :3

Sure why not.

Name: Soranus Atoll, also known as Soranus Moonblood or Soranus Fatemaker
Race/Heritage: Human/Teeth
Appearance: Born under unusual circumstances, Soranus is a small unassuming man with plain brown hair and eyes. He can usually pass for a short, lightly built human, though his ears are a little pointed and his nose a bit long. He has a short (~10 inches) vestigial tail that he usually covers with a long hemmed garment. His skin is pale but not especially so, lightly dusted with freckles that make him look a little younger than he is. He is remarkably unremarkable in terms of size, poise and even garb - one can almost forget he's there the moment you stop looking at him. He usually wears plain shades of grey, brown or dull green.
Personality: Soranus is sensible and not prone to flights of fancy. He has a surprising level of steel in him that one would not expect of someone who's never picked up a sword in his life. He is a dedicated man and has a strong moral core, believing strongly in helping those who need it, doing good work. He's not religious per say, he just wants to make the world a little better.
Skills: Soranus is a healer - not magical, mind you, a medical practitioner. He knows the use of herbs to heal (and perhaps, if he were pushed to an extreme, kill), how to bind wounds and the like. Oddly for his gender, Soranus is actually a practicing midwife - midhusband, perhaps? - and has to date delivered over a hundred children into the world. Due to the messy nature of his work, he's far from squeamish and has a stronger stomach than most expect. He is also good at... not being noticed. This isn't stealth, mind you, in that he's not hiding. He's just cultivated being... dull to almost an art form, such that he could almost blend into a crowd while standing in an empty room.

Finally, he's an adept childminder, caretaker and story teller. He weaves his chanting into fairy tale narratives and nursery rhymes. He has a soft spot for children.
Faction: Freeledge
Biography: It's possible for the different varieties of humanoid to cross-breed, such unions are not seen very kindly and often have complications arise in the children. Soranus is the child of a human female and a Teeth male, born in a low small hut in a low small town. Teeth families are large and boisterous, even when only half the family is actually Teeth, though the unusual coupling made for some problems in the children. Soranus is a middle child but one of the few not to have some developmental problems. As a result he ended up being something of a caretaker for his siblings who had difficulties due to their more difficultly-mixed heritage - teeth too large to close their mouths, uncontrollable incontinence and so on. From a young age, the caring instinct seems to have gone into him. Life was difficult since they had a lot of mouths to feed but not quite a few of them couldn't go out to earn bread.

Eventually, Soranus was apprenticed to a Teeth healer, a wise woman who taught him his chanting as part of a birth ritual. At this point, chanting was still illegal under the Belief's tyranny and he had to keep such talents under wraps as he grew up. Such medical skills he learned were always at use - Teeth are very family-oriented - until his warren began to have more and more evangelical Belief preachers turning the tide against people like him. Soranus saw the way the tides were turning and packed his bags before the pogroms could begin, heading out away from the Belief towards the Freeledge, an independent collection of fiercely-independent city-states.

He has a home in the Freeledge, but travels fairly often either for work - tending to people in farming hamlets outside the Freeledge - or on trips into the wilds to gather necessary ingredients.

Chanting abilities: Soranus chants in a sing-song, nursery rhyme kind of manner. He often tells fairy tales around his chants to hide them, so only other chanters might pick up what he's doing. His chants are themed around fate and chance, often having the effect of subtly weaving blessings or curses into the subjects' immediate future. Mechanically speaking, his powers are kind of subtle buffs and debuffs. Instead of directly attacking or aiding someone, he can cause good or bad things to happen to them.

Example Chants:
There once was a boy, who would be king: A story about a young boy, peasant born, who rises to become the greatest king in his land's history. By telling this story, he weaves a blessing into his target's immediate future, a benevolent twist of fate. He doesn't actually control what this is, merely that it's something good. For instance, this blessing might be finding a small valuable item, or happening across their love.

There once was a wicked man, with a wicked smile: A story of an evil wizard, hated by all, in a high tower, and the disastrous consequences of his villainy. By telling this story, he weaves a curse into his target's immediate future. Again, he doesn't really control what this is, but past examples include falling ill, losing a valuable object or souring a relationship they have.

A welcoming, a joyous welcoming: A small chant he most often sings over newborn children he delivers, it is deceptively powerful. It can only be performed at a time of beginnings, such as a birth, a wedding or the first meeting of a new person. By performing this chant, Soranus can guarantee a mighty blessing on this newly-begun event - the child might grow up strong and bright, or the newly made relationship will be very fruitful. Using this at the wrong time will not have any effect.

True Chant: A Plague O' both your houses/And if you ask of me tomorrow/You shall find me a grave man
A kind of 'final solution' chant, by which Soranus brings down great curses upon multiple targets, at the cost of also suffering from the great misfortune himself. For instance, he could curse an entire army with a deadly disease, but in doing so he would guarantee that he also contract the disease, or he could guarantee the downfall of a noble house but in turn would also himself be left impoverished and homeless.

Patron God: God of Order

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's possible for the different varieties of humanoid to cross-breed, such unions are not exactly common or seen very kindly.
Actually quite common, though as you have understood they arent generally met with acceptance, depending on how much beast/humanoid is in either party.

I take it you are @TheAllMightyOne friend ?
I will gladly have your Teeth in this story.

Oh, (he said he might get one of his friends to join, so I thought it might be you)
Well then, hope you can find this story of mine interesting.
Join the IC.

Oh and I guess I should make this clear:
There are humanoids, now only the humans are living in the known lands of Emculor in any huge numbers. But originally there were others, like dwarfs, elves, fairies, devils, angels, orcs and the like.
And there are beasts living in the lands, animals of all kinds.
The Union races, the teeth, the tails, the ears, the wings, the hooves, the fins and all the less known kinds are a mix of humanoids and beasts, in varying degrees.
Most are either halfway between man and beast, mostly man or mostly beast (in this case with the ability of speech).
The families of humans and more humanoid union races is quite normal. the families with bigger gap between the parents is what is less ordinary.

@Gulliver at some point, sure, but not right away? Lets have them meet, and develop it over time? Sorry it's taken so long to reply, been uber busy with school.

@Silvir
@Leodiensian
and everyone else

It isnt a small village, its a town big enough for three churches. It is simply located in the middle of nowhere.

and its located in the east.
freeledge is in the north-west.

what...
Edit: fixed that mistake. I am entirely at fault for that.