The Chanters (restarting, open for new/old players)

@Windstormugly yes maybe the fish from above is a bit much and I'll remove it, as long as the tempest chant leaves some fish behind i'm happy. It'd make more sense since the tempest chant is supposed to be more powerful and because the storm is what it wants it wont need disruption.
Also do I have to list all of his known chants? because I thought he'd be able to do variations of them for example just making it rain rather than go whole wet shroud.
About the name you can say "Murky Waters, Iwcte" instead of spelling out the whole name if you want to include the last part or indeed just "Iwcte" it all depends on how formal you want to be and It'll determine how pleasant He'll be towards you in return. They don't really have family names in the tribe because all the fry are brought up together by the tribe.
I reread what you mentioned about the true chant, If I got you right you suggested that I'll make a bigger fish turn up out of thin air? If so it sounds awesome but rather then just forming there and then it'd be nice if it'd spawn out of sight and then make a great entrance, or perhaps there had always been a fish around that corner... ;)

@The Oddsman
Are you any good at flying in rough weather or with fish in your eyes?

@TheAllMightyOne stormy tempes it is.
Following the trend of your peers its ok if you dont write all of them out. Though that was what I had in mind originally, so if you want to take the time to write a few more of them down I will just be glad. The true chant is the one I mostly want to be written out.
Name information noted.
Is there a bigger fish around the corner ? -goes to look...runs back-Yup there is a bigger fish around the corner.

Absolutely, fish in the eyes makes for good eyesight. + i can eat other flying fish for FOOD :DD

OKAY!!! so lets see here. I made some chants to give an image of what they do. And how powerful they are. Also testing the limits a bit here hehe. So do say if you think it's a bit to Bombastic and what i should tone down. And thus is say...sort of done ^^

Name: Taron Warite
Race/Heritage: Hooves/Minotaurus

Appearance: MINOS CAUSE I APROVE OF THIS BADASS XD
Minos_Bio_Picture_by_chalosan.jpg

Personality: Taron is a calm individual. He likes to take his time and think things trough and observe a situation before taking action. Very kind towards others and often easily sees in them what they need the most before they themselfs realise. Can at times be a bit annoying to deal with due to this. But He thinks one should learn trough experience instead of words.

Skills: Two handed weapons, Combat, Cooking, Hand crafting seriously this guy knows how to work!. Practically gifted person.

Faction:...
Biography: Taron is from a farming village. Growing up he was much calmer and more careful than the rest. Also a bit of a crybaby. Not to mention a mamas boy. A favourite among the adults as the cute and responsible guy. Though few believed he would mount up to much in the future. Hard to believe he is now among the strongest and tallest for that matter. He was sold towards knighthood early when the first knights visited his village.

He quickly sought to become one of them. However he didn't want to leave the farm alone yet either. His father a smart man figured why not practice on the farm and work at the same time. And then apply later on. As you may notice his life is not much to talk about being quite ordinary. However later as he reached knighthood. He came into conflict on what the knights he trained with wanted and did. And so left the group to travel and see if he could find what he wanted to do with his knowledge and skills.

Chanting abilities: If any:
He speaks in poems and riddles. Wise words and quotes also helps him to put his abilities to use.
History and usage: He learned trough books and when ascending to knighthood. Mostly prefers to avoid using the chants. He thinks it's more of a last way out. And should not be relied upon

Chants:
The sovereign stands firm, Never neglecting him self towards neither the commanding nor the manipulative. The Sovereign stands strong never failing ever standing...
(Strengthening his mind and body against Physical and mental attacks and also keeps weariness and pain from bothering as long as it is active)

Prevail as the righteous. Honour the just; punish the unjust. A knights law a knights life.
(Adorning his armour and weapons with powers to resist attacks and increase their reach beyond their material length. While becoming light and easy to use for him.)

By the Gods, by the kings and queens, By the guardians of light and dark. You are denied. You are silenced!
(This one is interesting once activated it sends out a burst of the law in the chant denying all future chants around him including his own. It's reach is quite big)

Trust in the dark you do. Hiding and scuttling, never peaking outside this shadow that moulds around you. Scheming and avoiding. Like a soulless freak hurt once, hurt twice never trusting again.
Fearing the just light as you fear the light of a blade. Hiding always hiding...
(This chant causes a small light to glow on peoples shoulders he can see these even trough walls. A blue glow means you are innocent. An Orange glow means you have aggressions and violence in mind. Purple tells of Dark secrets and a dark mind. Black tells of a recent murder. If it's a fierce flame you are an evil man)

The defenceless often the innocent; guarded by the strong. Yet they are but men. Armour and weapons. Ideals, Honour and pride. Yet they are but men. Their strength in brotherhood their strength in trust.
(allows him to put a guardian seal on a person or a small group protecting them against danger. However the ones inside can not fight or it will break)

Honest work, Tough and long a farmers life and blood. Our tools the land, our companions it's offspring. The animals our guides. As we take we shall also repay...
(a very nice little chant. It can help a sick or injured person or easy your tiredness. but also even help a person with a little extra strength. It's not powerful but enough to fix the small things)

Their true chant, belonging to them and them alone.

Parts of Maya Angelou's Still I Rise tried my self but damn i suck at poems and stuff >,<
You may write me down in history
With your bitter, twisted lies,
You may tread me in the very dirt
But still, like dust, I'll rise.

Did you want to see me broken?
Bowed head and lowered eyes?
Shoulders falling down like teardrops.
Weakened by my soulful cries.

You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise.

Out of the huts of history's shame
I rise
Up from a past that's rooted in pain
I rise
I'm a black ocean, leaping and wide,
Welling and swelling I bear in the tide.
Leaving behind nights of terror and fear
I rise
Into a daybreak that's wondrously clear
I rise
Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave,
I am the dream and the hope of the slave.
I rise
I rise
I rise.
(This power allows him to be strong in many ways.
He can see trough lies and illusions, He withstands manipulation. He is resistant to all. His armour is stronger and his weapons reaches further. Even when mortally wounded he an go on to finish his task. Or the empowerment ends. The risks are often including damage onto his body. Disorientation and at times can even cause temporary blindness.
)

Patron God: God of Order

Name: Liana Eredion
Race/Heritage: Human

Appearance:
images4.jpg

Personality: Curious, playful and seducing. She loves adventure and to tease. But can have one hell of a mood if you ruin her flow. Not to mention mornings if she doesn't get a good nights sleep. A handful to deal with but also a lovely mood raiser on the road. That enjoys a good chat or a song.

Skills: Chanting, Assassinations, sneaking and hiding. Seduction, knife and hand to hand combat. Stealing and performing infront of a crowd. Aka singing and stuff
Faction:....
Biography: Liana is the bastard daughter of a prince and a bakers daughter. A sad history and one that leaves her without a mother. And also a house that would rather she grows up to marry for political reasons. Good thing she prefers to travel and have fun. Liana has been on the road since she turned eleven. Following another woman who taught her how to dance and sing. While also showing her how to chant even more than the old woman back in the village had a chance to.

Sadly you can't live of little like that. And growing up Liana learned a few other tricks. Not so popular with her travel partner but it gave them food when needed. Separated at an uproar in a small town. Liana went a darker path for a time learning how to kill in the dark. And how to lure men. It was thanks to a certain Taron that she was brought from the cold grip of death and no longer is stuck in that spiral of trouble. As he saved her from a failed mission. Now she happily pesters his daily life. Enjoying it like she did in the early days of her journey.

Chanting abilities: If any:
It's in her blood and she loves every part of it. Any way of expression she uses to chant.

History and usage: She learned it from an old lady in the village where she grew up. Oblivious to what power she was learning she developed and used it freely till experience thought her that it was dangerous to. She uses it often. For bad or good deeds Chanting is a part of her life.

Chants:
(The chants they most often use, and their supposed consequence. Examples...
Fire fire new beginning. Rage and harmony. Kindle the fire, kindle the fire. I kindle the fire.
Flow, stream, Flood. Source of life. Mother of the wast Stern but loving. Protect thy children
Like a breeze free and unbound, As the storm unyielding and mad.
Shine the darkness, guide my path. Protect the children; light the day. You are the guardian of us all.
Hide the secret, Blind the eyes. Secret path and on no one rely. Shadow my friend, Darkness my mind.
Holder of life and guardian of time. Ash to ash return to the ground.

To explain them She mostly chant about the elements. There are of course countless small chants for other things to. But often not as strong or versatile as calling upon one or several elements.
And you need to understand that this is a person that loves to sing and perform.
So for her Chanting is a very easy thing that comes to her naturally and beware she is quite powerful with her chants something she keeps hidden since it causes unease and hostility from some groups of people. And nothing is as bad as an uncomfortable audience...

Their true chant, belonging to them and them alone.
Lianas chant is at best described as otherworldly. Long and very powerful you might be able to make some words about the elements, Nature and life. But finding more than that which can be described as normal words of our language is hard. She calls it the World song. And not even she is fully sure on how she learned it or "made it"

Now the thing about this song except it's strength and ability to affect an large area. Is that it's also a very dangerous song if she tries to push it. It's not made to be the ultimate attack. And thus the more she tries to go that path the harsher the backlash for her to the point of being lethal.

But it's not just a large awesome chant. It can be used on levels. Each part of it taking it's own toll on her mind and body.

Patron God: God of the Chants

Last edited by a moderator:
I just asked him and he wants more players, tell all your friends to join!

Unless theres going to be multiple plot lines, having 7 or more people will ruin it.

There are preferably going to be three plot-lines, or more correctly said three different groups.

At the begining it will be a tad unclear as everyone will move through a series of villages and towns to get to their respective destinations to form groups.

alright. i finished mine. is their anything i need to fix, or adjust?

I see all these chanters, and then in my head the idea comes.....So are there still spots?

While I wait for enough people to join I'll play around with the character creator, I could use this character if my first one dies.

Name: Sigismund "Hexenbrenner" Voss

Race/Heritage: Human

Appearance:
hexenbrenner1.pnghbf2.png
These ones are 100% computer made for training purposes.

Sigismunds body is covered in burn scars that some say he got during his troubled childhood while others claim he got then during his recent work. Although he is not embarrassed by his scars Sigismund always wear heavy gloves, long leather coats and a mask or a slouching hat to cover his face.
It is rumored that there is another reason then his appearance behind his odd clothing. Despite being of average height Sigismunds good posture makes him look taller. Sigismund is never seen without his pet rat Wolfgang or the trunk containing the tools of his trade.

Personality: Zealous, pyromaniac, sadist, meticulous, calm surface, soft voice, dislikes unauthorized musical performances(What if they're chanters!), fight fire with fire

Skills: pyrotechnics, torture, first aid, rabble-rousing, subterfuge, chemistry

Faction: The Belief

Biography:
When Sigismund was a toddler unspoken marauders came to his home town causing mayhem and destruction before burning it down. His parents and relatives having died in the encounter Sigismund was housed in an orphanage which later burnt down due to mysterious circumstances leaving him the only survivor. At this time Sigismund was still a young child and the Belief enrolled him in one of their churchly boarding school to properly shape his young mind.

At school he was thoroughly indoctrinated and studied the Beliefs holy scriptures. When he got to his early teens he was sent to a different school outside one of the great cities, it was a huge complex behind high walls almost a city in itself. At this school they studied the horrible plague which was the chanters that troubled this land and they trained in the holy ways of purging them.

His mentor at this school was Cardinal Blanq who saw great prowess and faith in Sigismund thus allowing him deeper studies in the art of chanting. It was also around this time that he was told about his parents fate and a burning rage grew within him leaving him a grudge against all chanters. In his early twenties Sigismund, on the third attempt, managed to graduate top of his class and got employment in the holy order of the church.

Sigismund was put in training under inquisitor Boreale and was tasked with rooting out the evil that was the chanter. They went from village to village searching for information about the unspoken and leaving a trail of deterring examples in their wake. One day however Sigismund came back from one of their travels without the inquisitor, he told everyone that they had been ambushed and that inquisitor Boreale got killed by a rouge chanter, but that he himself had managed to fend off the attackers and escape.

Sigismund got to take over the office after the inquisitor and continued his duties with even greater fervor. This was a dark time in the surrounding area, and it earned Sigismund the nickname Hexenbrenner, but the monthly reports to the church showed that the amount of confessed, imprisoned and executed chanters and chanter associates was higher then ever before. Continually studying the Beliefs holy scriptures, spending many a late night by the candlelight reading or experimenting in the laboratory with only his pet rat Wolfgang as company, Sigismund is set on finding a final solution to the chanter plague.

Chanting abilities:
Sigismund Voss have spent a lot of his education and work studying the holy scriptures of the order, from the basic ones at a young age to the more advanced and shunned ones at his current office. These texts contains psalms, hymns and prayers each one, if preformed correctly, will bring about a miracle in evidence of his holiness grandeur.
Sigismund have found that these words really do have true power within them and behind the sealed doors of his laboratory he have authored his own psalms combining these words of power in new ways. Sometimes the results are horrible failures and sometimes they do nothing but one day it worked and it will work again some day, he's sure of it. Sigismund have memorized his favorite prayers but his library is full of holy scriptures and he always brings a few with him when he travels.

Chants/Prayers:

supernova, cauterize, inferno

(True chant?)Fire walk with me:
With fervorous zeal and rage burning within him Sigismund walks through fire and smoke unharmed and unhindered, able to breathe as if the air was as pleasant as in the church gardens. Sigismund knows that as long as the fire in his heart burns hotter then any flame he can stave off the surrounding fire but if his hatred cools they will burn him. Sigismund will either mutter the chant/prayer under his breath, something he have mastered through trial and error, or chant it loudly, depending on the situation.
When leaving the burning area some fire might follow Sigismund subsequently setting fire to a larger area. Sigismund can soak himself in flammable fluid and ignite himself during this chant/prayer if there is no other fire around.
Example :
As I walk through the valley of shadows and death,
Righteous fire surrounds my steps.
Burning the enemies of our cause leaving unharmed those of pure hearts.
Fire walk with me, bring my foe down but respect me for I am your master and by my hand you will live or die.
All that you touch Is yours to keep but my body and flesh for it is out of your reach.
Fire walk with me!

Purgatory:
During the chant/prayer Sigismund will use what he holds in his hands as fuel to feed a blazing inferno spreading out from him with scorching heat blackening the earth and searing everything it touches. The fire will keep burning and spreading until the charred remains of whatever he was holding falls to ashes, if Sigismund haven't stopped the chant/prayer before this point the fire will start to feed from him instead and if he fail to stop the chant/prayer after that the fire is out of control and he will succumb to the flames as well.

Holding a piece of wood would only suffice to fuel a fire the size of Sigismund for a second therefore Sigismund preferred fuel is suspected chanters or other living creatures and he will enjoy gazing into their eyes as they burn to death. Performing this chant requires Sigismund to remove his gloves or risk it to backfire, feeding on them instead of the intended target.
Sigismund have experimented with grabbing onto something else to change fuel source after the first one starts to wither, this have so far failed to work as intended and Sigismund will continue to look into it.

Example:
Dust to dust, ashes to ashes.
Purge the Heretic, Burn the Chanter, Kill the Unclean!
Grant this earthly sinner absolution before my judgement!
For he who is not my brother is a sinner and shall be burnt at the stake.
Cleanse the Chanter, burn the Witch, Purge the Heretic!

Phoenix:
This chant/prayer will combust Sigismunds corporeal form leaving him free to move through the veil of reality to again retain his body from any nearby ashes. This is very straining on the mind and only strong faith and constant prayer will keep an arbitrary amount of sanity, If no ashes are located soon enough Sigismund is forever lost in the dark abyss of unembodied madness. If they're not removed the ashes from Sigismunds original body will be there for him to reemerge from unless his mind have wandered too far.
Example:
And it's been told that
from the heavens it was seen a great band of angels,
coming for retribution but the martyr was dead.
The angels mourned him for seven days and seven nights,
the world shrouded in shadows of despair.
one after the other the angels fell for without his light they were blinded.
And lo!
on the last dawn the martyr rose again bringing light,
once more ridding the world of it's shadows and taking revenge on the angels.
so will we follow his footsteps and bring light and
punishment to the unbelievers.
And so it was told.

By the authority that is bestowed upon me by the holy church I condemn you to eternal damnation by fire.

Example of chant:
Burn chanter burn, holy inferno!
Burn chanter burn, Burn that sinner down!

Patron God: God of Order

Incident reports:
File number:476
Case handler: ordinary 234
Official in charge: Sigismund Voss
The official was tasked with retrieving bishop Arms notes that had been left behind in the bishops study.
This resulted in the prosecution and execution of 56 suspected chanters, the imprisonment of 82 suspected chanter associates, the ransacking of 20 suspected chanter hideouts, the burning of 24 acres of fields, the burning of 4 hamlets and the retrieval of the bishops notes. It is evident that the population had suffered from the hands of these chanters for a long time and all damaged to civilians and their property is credited to them.
The evidence put forward by the official is sufficient for his actions and his testimony is as follows.
I was walking to the bishops study when to my surprise, although I had always suspected it, I was one of his servants sneaking away with something wrapped in a blanket. I followed the servant to a nearby village where that seemed to be under the influence of a chanter so I moved in to execute the law.

Rumors:
"I swear I saw it with my very own eyes! first some men came through town asking questions and then at dusk he came. He stood in the middle of the town square preaching and suddenly there was fire everywhere, it was like the gates of hell had opened up there and then, and he just walked straight out of it totally engulfed in the flames spreading fire in his wake. there were no survivors the whole town burned to the ground, If you don't believe me just look at a map and you'll see that the town is nowhere to be found!"- Unknown

"So this man showed up one day and suddenly people starts turning on each other, neighbor pointing finger at neighbor, friends blaming friends. All of a sudden there are gangs of people with torches and pitchforks roaming the streets, I could see young Timmy and Sara, the bakers daughter, in their midst. the whole place was a powder keg waiting to burst, and then came the spark, some one screamed and yelled chanter and soon the whole place was on fire people killing each other in the streets and the man just stood there doing nothing, he never did anything he just talked to people."- John Smith

"These people were hiding a refuge chanter in their basement and this man comes to visit asking questions, nothing they haven't seen before, but this one was different. He just goes up in flame leaving nothing left and moments later he bursts out of the cellar door with the burnt corpse of the refuge in his hands. Their house have stood empty upon the hill ever since." - Unknown

"They say that if you whisper his name three times he will come for you when you sleep." -Unknown

Ok, @mungo_zabernism :
A cat is part of the ears.
How did he manage to start a caravan of his own when he was 15 ?
I feel that his chants would be more suitable for a warrior than a trader, no chants to make people become lured into deals ?

He has only had guidence for a month in the art of chanting, and since then he seems to have been slighly busy as he is part of the golden wheel. When did he have time to create his true chant ?

His true chant is interesting. How does he survive these otherwise fatal blows ?
These "souls" you talk about, is ut people he killed overall or must it be done the same hour ?
What kind of deal does he have with his patron god ? As it isnt the god who gives the miracles ?
Has he ever used this chant ?
How did he come up with the chant ? Just randomly thought about the myth about nine lives ?

About his "deaths bite" seems a bit unceartain placing his enemies lives in the hands of a god. Why would he care ?
And if it went wrong maybe he loses strength ?

@Deshwitat I welcome you to this melodic story.

@Windstormugly: sorry, but i'm a bit more adjusted to making warriors so i may kinda went that route without realizing it. though i will change deaths bite to something more trader like. (looking at it now, am liking it a bit less then when i wrote it up)

i made his age first and worked from that. i wanted him to have time to develop these abilities. though i might push them back. it was between 15 or 20 and i wasn't sure. though i think he could of done it even at that age.he grew up with them from the start of his life and learned about it growing up. his father could have given some tips when he set out on his own. he was also given some money when he left so he started small and worked his way up.

i was going for a more self taught route. his month was just learning how to chant, and basics. as i stated he later made up his chant while traveling with his family. though, there could of been days where he wasn't moving or doing anything. so most likely in his down time when he wasnt part of the golden wheel.even after there was probably moments where he could practiced.
his true chant works like reanimation. every time his heart stops it uses a soul to revive him. it might take it a minute or two but he comes back. (unless he only has one life left.) the souls are just things or peoples hes killed. there is no real time span in which the souls have to be taken for the chant to work. prior to the rp, yeah he would of. though he wouldn't/couldn't do it that often. abbott can only use it when he is on is last or single mortal life. if thats the case with the patron god ill reword it. since the god dosnt have to be part of the chant.

the myth could be like cat folklore. things passed down the generations and when coming up with a chant he could of thought of the cats nine life's myth and worked toward making a chant like that.

It sounds like fun getting your heart restarted only to find out that the final blow was a beheading, would he get a new head or go on without one?

mhmmmm..... well i didn't quite think about amputations. but lets say he could do both. if he was beheaded while the chant was active, his neck would close up and he continues leaving. if he was able to retrieve his head and put it back on then he would have his head back. same with his arms and legs, if they are lost when he dies. the the wound seals and he could put them back on. mr potato head: cat version

That sounds like great fun! I can imagine a headless zombie cat chasing a head rolling around.

So, @mungo_zabernism you have a character that can be chopped up and still survive it ?
I would not normally accept that kind of power, but Ill make an exception, though I think you should try to stay unchopped...
As your chant makes you able to revive from death, not reattach limbs. I will allow you a few minutes of time to find your lovely limps and stick them together before they become slabs of useless meat.
So if your head has been cut from your body, and you dont manage to attach it in a few minutes... you die anyway.
And I think that the option of having exactly 8 "souls" with you is a bit unusable, as you would have to kill only that many people, wait until you have been "revived", chant the "semi-immortal soul-using miracle" into being, and then not kill any more then 8 people until you use it again.
Have the "souls" be only freshly killed individuals. Or find some en-chanted object able to hold these "souls" of the dead.