The Bloods

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coyote laughed "no silly." She nudged him playfully "it doesnt smoke, unless the red kings very angry. Its more of a dome shape. Ive heard legends of how once it blew up, this entire forest was flattened. See how these trees are much younger than the ones closer to the southern mountains? Ive heard that the court forced countless earth wielders to dig deep tunnels under the mountain to channel the lava away and every year they go down there to draw out the molten rock and use it to expand the mountain." she grinned "But its hot inside, especially were the princes, and the king sleep because the lava is closer to the surface there." she didnt bother to explain how she knew all of this. It was embarrassing.. "you know.. I wonder if Blight has missed me... I haven't seen him in years, not since i was four and discovered my powers"

Blight missed her alright, and resented her. One of the wolves had been out patrolling when he saw the approaching wolves. He had ran straight to the prince and told him that Coyote was here. Leaving his new pet with the young warrior he raced off to meet his 'sweet' coyote. She would regret coming back. He could smell them, upwind of him. They wouldn't smell him coming though. Growling he slowed and began to stalk forward. This would be over quickly.

Something put Damon on edge. He probably couldn't describe it if he was asked, but he'd probably pin it on the suppressed earthblood in him. It just felt like something was trying to warn him of something. Like the trees were trying to tell him something urgent that his muddled blood didn't quite understand. That was what he ment when he asked, "Hey, do you ever feel like you're being watched?" As he glanced around, trying to find the source of his paranoia. He didn't see anything, but the feeling wouldn't go away.

"no, i dont" she glanced back at Hitachi, who was trailing behind. "but someone probably is watching us. Its hard to go unnoticed here." she sniffed the air and sighed "maybe its Blight..." she couldnt explain the obsession she had for him. Maybe a by product of being his slave for several years of her life.

"Little coyote" Blight snarled stalking out of the dense undergrowth. "did you miss me?" he looked absolutely furious, he probably could of killed her right then and there. But he wanted to see the fear in her eyes. Watch her shake. "Because i missed you little one... Especially since you left me so suddenly, i have the limp to prove it"

The odd paranoia seemed to intensify as the newcomer made himself known. Damon recognized the look he was giving Coyote, he received it a few times from reds and a few other breeds after his blood became known: Pure hatred. Damon leaned over and tried to whisper to Coyote, "Is this that "Blight" you keep muttering about?"

"What no, nobody can kill you. I wont let them." Gem wasnt a warrior. He hated fighting but if Enola was on the line he would fight to the death with his foe. "
Hem quickly paced up to Enola and stood bye her as if to be her protector.
He may have been an adult pup, but he was also a caring allie. Who would put himself in the line for others.

(Hitachi) Stated at the new wolf, who was talking with and eying Coyote. Hitachi out of instinct walked over to Coyote and stood next to her, as if to say he was her Nate or guardian. Depending on the viewers mind.

"Nice to commit see you face to face blight." He said in a low tone. Hitachi may not have been able to fight. But he had a bigger body then most wolves and a fearsome growl, as his main defense mechanisms. He showed them booth off.

Coyote ignored him and wagged her tail "Blight..." she whispered, he had grown a lot since they last saw each other. His leg was slightly misshapen, she knew he couldn't run well, she could see it in the way he walked. "im sorry.. I never meant to hurt you. But i couldn't stay, as much as i wanted to i couldn't. being a blood slave... It just isn't right for a guardian." She crept closer her belly brushing the ground. "please forgive me.."

Blight looked down at her with disgust, and surprise. That was why she left him? Because she was a guardian. Great... He couldn't kill her, pack law forbade it. "Coyote. You broke my leg, and my heart. You were always my favorite, from the day i found you by the sea. While you could of never been my true mate... I would of kept you, forever." he completely ignored Hitachi, he had eyes only for Coyote. The wolf he both loved and hated with all his heart.

"i know, and i would of stayed." She licked the underside of his chin, a completely submissive gesture that seemed alien preformed by one such as her. Always strong and independent, chosen one warrior. She was not meant to bow down to another. "Perhaps Ill come back to you, one day when the spirits have told me it is safe, for now." Whining softly she rubbed against him like a cat. "but until then... I have to be the Warrior Blight. You know duty more then anyone, i cannot change who i am. Not even for you."

Damon was a little suprised by Coyote's interaction with this Blight. He had been starting to think that it was impossible to tame the warrior, yet this guy did it. He must be really good to hus slaves.
However, the paranoia just wouldn't go away. Something still didn't seem right. He just said he wouldn't kill them, so what could it be. Then, somehow, he connected it. Blight said he wouldn't harm Coyote, and Hitachi most likely had the same deal. But where did that leave him...

Hitachi was shocked when Coyote submitted to this wolf and licked him. He was jealous but not in the way most would think. He didn't want Coyote He wanted a partner something he had perminatly given up, and here Coyote was with her love. It made Hitachi literally mad but he hid it. He walked over to Damon, "Let's give them some space." He growled "I cant believe, that's against the rules. She had a mate. It's just not right." Hitachi said in a hard to make out tone. "Damon were are you going after this." Hitachi said in a kinder tone.

He tried to set aside this new fear and walked with Hitachi, who seemed a bit sour about this Blight revelation. So before answering his question, he put out his opinion. "Really, I think you got off lucky. Coyote has someone she loves, and now they both know it can't be. That seems worse than never having known the feeling at all." Damon felt a small pain as he said that, but it got away when he reached for it. "I don't know where I'll go. Maybe I'll try to find someone who knows who I am. Maybe I'll just pick a direction on a whim and follow it.

"Me and Coyote never travel together for two long, the paths of the blade and the pen are different ones. So I was wondering, would you like to continue to travel with me. Once me and Coyote split and all." He looked at Damon and smiled. "My road is a lonely one, but I see a great many things. I see peace thrive, wars stop, the sick healed. And lots of little pups. I would like somebody to share those sights with. Plus it will make booth are trips less lonely. There are no rules against having a travel companion."

Blight turned away "just leave me Coyote. Why did you even come back" his hatred for her had faded, just a bit. But now he felt something new, depression.

"the new blood slaves you have taken. Pack alws state that you can only take willing participants. Every pup that wants to go must be released immediately. Do you understand? If they arent released i will be forced to take drastic measures"

"very well, i will see that its done. Go Coyote, and dont come back until your here to stay" with that he turned and stalked away.

Coyote watched him, tears formed in her eyes. Life was cruel. So cruel. She had finally started to love this wolf, the one who had hunted her down, ripped her from her family and enslaved her when she awakened. And she was forced to leave. Sadly she turned and walked after her companions, head down. Her cheerful, happy go lucky self was gone. Her eyes were dark and sad, her tail dragging along the ground. "lets go, there's nothing more for us here. Ill leave you once we reach the border. I'm best off alone"

He couldn't believe it. The one he had searched for was offering to take him along. The words of the ethereal presence from his dream ran through his head, even if he could only make out 'follow'. But as they did, a weird feeling ran with it.
"Thanks, but I may have to pass. I don't know what it is, but I have a feeling that whatever path I'm on, it isn't beside you. I want to say yes, but it doesn't feel right. I don't know why."
Then Coyote came through, and Damon hardly recognized her. The wolf that rode a buck with a small army of squirrels, now looked like she wanted to throw herself off the nearest cliff. He wanted to try and comfort her, but he knew enough to leave her be, at least for now. So he silently followed, wishing his guess wasn't so accurate.

Hitachi nodded. "To love to lose only to love again, to love again only to lose once more. To live to laugh, to only cry to smile again only to watch life end." Hitachi mumbled. He had forgoten where he had heard it but it seemed to fit the situation. Seeing Coyote hurt like this he couldn't stay mad at her. "Well let's enjoy each other's company until we reach the border." This whole scenario felt wrong. It hurt, watching Coyote in pain only to leave, and being denied a friend to travel with. They would all be going on there own lonely roads. Unless they didn't. Hitachi stopped in front of them and looked at the booth of them. "Know what let's break the rules. The pen and sword can travel together and we can bring along a friend as well. It will be like are own small little pack. There is no reason for us to go threw anymore pain and lonlyness. And one day Coyote we will bring you back here. So cheer up and look forward to that." Hitachi out in a new found smile.

Blight went back, and made sure he did what coyote asked before curling up with his new pet, who had for some reason decided to stay. Maybe she had no where else to go. Whatever the reason she snuggled close and he began grooming her, reminded of another time when that was the only way he could get coyote to fall asleep. Back then she was afraid of the dark. Know what? he would forget coyote. Whatever she said she was never coming back.

Coyote looked at him, her eyes seeming a little brighter. "thanks Hitachi. But.. You should go, Duty calls. The packs have been restless lately. I rarely have anymore free time. And you hate blood. It is best that we do what we always do. Go our separate ways, and in the aftermath of my destruction you will come and heal the wounds left behind. Im sure we will meet again soon, i can feel it in the air. The tension, the thirst for blood. War is coming, and when it does we will travel together again" with that she fell silent, and back into her funk. She knew she would never again return to blight, something deep inside her knew it wasn't meant to be. He was a memory, a dream. Nothing more. If she ever took a mate, it wouldn't be him. That hurt, so much.

Damon approached and tried to comfort the healer, "It was a good try, but we should just leave her be for now. She's not in the mood for anything." It probably wasn't too comforting, but it was true. She didn't want to talk now. Silence is what she probably wanted.
Meanwhile, that paranoia was persistently continuing. Blight was gone now, so if it wasn't that, then what was it? He thought about this until they reached the border.

Hitachi nodded and not back a few tears. The walk to the border was a quite and drawn out one. It was sad, Hitachi wishes for it to rain, for the world to match his mood. But it didnt the sun shined brighter then ever. Hitachi sighed once they reached the border. He looked at the two of them. "This journey was fun, Coyote are paths as always will push us together again. Sword and pen always meet at some point, I will count the days till them. Damon since you won't be traveling with me I have a few things to say. One thank you for sleeping with me, it warned my lonely heart. Also you got me interested in you, you sexy wolf. He said with a smile. Anyway I'll see you two around. Damon of you change you're mind I travel slow and you have my sent find me before it next rains in two days time." Hitachi began to walk away, back to his lonely road.

(this is kinda deppresing)

(yeah)

Coyote watched him go, knowing she would see him before long "goodbye old friend"she whispered. Her eyes turned to Damon and she pressed her nose into his chest fur "i know your scent, your heartbeat and the sound of your voice. If you ever find yourself in trouble, a fight you cannot win just call and i shall come." She turned to leave, intending on finding the closest pack rivalry and shredding some pelts.

"... Coyote," he called, remembering something he never did, and felt he should do, "Sorry for getting onto you yesterday." He briefly marveled at how it had really only been a day since he met her, "I didn't know that about deathbloods, and I wasn't feeling great, so I took it out on you. So I'm sorry, and thanks for saving my life."

(well now wtf are, are characters gonna do. A bunch of garbage solo posts.)

Status
Not open for further replies.